PDA

View Full Version : Can you do this at WL...

crow11ad
11-11-2004, 12:12 AM
Get unlimited Hot Coco if you buy the mugs like you can with soft drinks ? Something about sitting in front of that fireplace wile drinking hot coco.

Topper
11-11-2004, 05:00 AM
Refillable Mugs (http://allearsnet.com/din/mugs.htm)

MAGICinMYHEART
11-11-2004, 06:35 AM
::yes:: Oh yea....yummy.

Muushka
11-11-2004, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by crow11ad
Get unlimited Hot Coco if you buy the mugs like you can with soft drinks ? Something about sitting in front of that fireplace wile drinking hot coco.

This is one of our favorite things to do. The cocoa is in envelopes that you add hot water to. If I remember correctly, the envelopes are at the cashier's station. I prefer the cocoa at Dixie Landings (it is 'frothy' from a machine), but WL's is pretty tastey also.

crow11ad
11-11-2004, 11:39 AM
Woohoo...yes but can you get unlimited hot cooo at lets say 2:00 am and then sit in front of the fire?

Muushka
11-11-2004, 12:54 PM
Woohoo...yes but can you get unlimited hot cooo at lets say 2:00 am and then sit in front of the fire?

Hmmmm You are so funny! I wish I could say 'yes', but Roaring Forks closes at around 10 or so, so no hot water. However, if lets say someone who dreamed of doing this were to bring a little hot water heater and took an extra envelope for later consumption, well, that may work! I hope no flames will follow this-not sure what the latest opinion of little water heaters in the room is.

Gary M
11-11-2004, 01:04 PM
When we were at WL this past winter, they had a machine that dispensed whipped hot chocolate at the Roaring Fork. This was close to the coffee machine. Things may have changed since Feb., but I drank lots of hot chocolate last trip. It was free if you had the refillable mug. You had to get tea bags at the cashiers for hot tea. The RF's grill closed at 11:00 pm and it stayed open until midnight for non-grill food and drinks.

WDWDennis
11-11-2004, 01:20 PM
Yummy, you guys are getting me in the mood for my next WLV stay. 28 days and counting!!:crazy: Of course, if your in a Villa, you could buy extra coco and microwave it in your room!! :)

Muushka
11-11-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Gary M
When we were at WL this past winter, they had a machine that dispensed whipped hot chocolate at the Roaring Fork. This was close to the coffee machine. Things may have changed since Feb., but I drank lots of hot chocolate last trip. It was free if you had the refillable mug. You had to get tea bags at the cashiers for hot tea. The RF's grill closed at 11:00 pm and it stayed open until midnight for non-grill food and drinks.

Woooohooooo great news! Thanks!

CRSNDSNY
11-11-2004, 02:26 PM
Everyone is so nice at Roaring Forks! Last time they were super-generous with their soy milk for my coffee.

This is exciting to hear about the hot cocoa -- we're hoping to be back there in January and would definitely take advantage of this.

crow11ad
11-11-2004, 09:41 PM
Well if CBR has a coffee pot in their rooms, why not WL? Well I talked it over with DW and I believe we are going to buy a small box of hot coco just in case. The ones with the marshmellows. We will just walk back and forth to our room. Not only do we want to sit in front of the fire and walk around the hotel, but I am at Disney. I can sleep when I get home as I will have 5 extra days to recoup from our Disney vacation. So I plan on getting hot coco and if DW wants to sleep, then I will walk around the hotel and take some great pictures. Seems I will be taking more pictures then video. But now there is something about

Disney + WL + Christmas Decorations + hot coco + cool nights = The best time ever. Come on December or at least Thanksgiving. That is when we are mentally on vacation.

CRSNDSNY
11-12-2004, 09:08 AM
Well if CBR has a coffee pot in their rooms, why not WL? Well I talked it over with DW and I believe we are going to buy a small box of hot coco just in case. The ones with the marshmellows. We will just walk back and forth to our room. Not only do we want to sit in front of the fire and walk around the hotel, but I am at Disney. I can sleep when I get home as I will have 5 extra days to recoup from our Disney vacation. So I plan on getting hot coco and if DW wants to sleep, then I will walk around the hotel and take some great pictures. Seems I will be taking more pictures then video. But now there is something about

Disney + WL + Christmas Decorations + hot coco + cool nights = The best time ever. Come on December or at least Thanksgiving. That is when we are mentally on vacation.
And sit in front of a cozy fireplace! I can just imagine it now! :teeth: Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!

CheezDoodle
11-12-2004, 09:39 AM
Roaring Fork has delicious hot coco. We stayed at WL in September, you're going to love it! Oh, also you should call for housekeeping to send you a coffe pot, it's free.

Muushka
11-12-2004, 04:55 PM

Well now, that is MY flavor of math! I hope it is the best vacation ever. We will be there the following week, take care of the WL for us till we arrive!

5DisneyNuts
11-12-2004, 05:04 PM
And don't forget the brownies! One of hubbie's favorite things to do...Have hot chocolate and brownies by the fire after the kids were asleep (don't worry, they are older and can be left alone;)
RF was open until 12 mid when we were there also.

crow11ad
11-12-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by 5DisneyNuts
And don't forget the brownies! One of hubbie's favorite things to do...Have hot chocolate and brownies by the fire after the kids were asleep (don't worry, they are older and can be left alone;)

When where you there? What brownies. Now I am hungry and thirsty. Lol. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

CRSNDSNY
11-12-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by 5DisneyNuts
I think I remember it being 11pm or midnight this past September when we were there.

I look forward to hot chocolate and brownies by the fireplace in January! I'm sure the evenings will be chilly and just right for this! ::yes::

5DisneyNuts
11-12-2004, 09:28 PM
Grab the brownies from Roaring Forks along with the hot chocolate....great stuff!

crow11ad
11-12-2004, 11:28 PM
How much are the brownies and hot coco?

Gary M
11-13-2004, 08:25 AM
Prices at the Roaring Fork: www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_rf.htm

crow11ad
11-13-2004, 09:12 AM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Does anyone know if at the WL they have fridges now?

Muushka
02-04-2005, 07:23 PM
crow11ad, I HAVE to know, did you enjoy your cocoa at WL? :wave2:

crow11ad
02-06-2005, 10:41 AM
crow11ad, I HAVE to know, did you enjoy your cocoa at WL? :wave2:

Every single night. Who cared if it was 80 degrees or not...sitting in the hot tub/spa by the pool with the guyser behind and some hot cocoa. It was the best time.
:earboy2:

ktink
02-06-2005, 12:57 PM
Ya'll are killing me! The anticipation!

Muushka
02-06-2005, 02:52 PM
Ya'll are killing me! The anticipation!

So, when are you going??? :cool1:

JJsmama
02-06-2005, 05:50 PM
We'll be at WL but will have the Dining Plan. Is there any reason to get the refillable mug with the dining plan?

Muushka
02-06-2005, 05:57 PM
We are DVC members and can get basically anything we want from our room-soda, hot cocoa, coffee.... But we have the refillable mugs. We just enjoy going down to Roaring Forks and getting a little something to drink. However, we vacation at WL 1 to 2 times a year so the mugs were an investment for us (yes, when we bought them they were in the 'use them every year' mode). If I were to go there now, just once, I don't think I would bother. They are pretty pricey and with the free refrig in the rooms, not sure they are worth it. But they are nice mugs. Clear as mud??? :wave: