PDA

View Full Version : AKL Concierge 12/29-12/31: Am I crazy?

megrod74
11-10-2004, 02:32 PM
My DH's b-day is 12/29 and I since the AKL is his favorite hotel, I thought it would be nice to stay there for 2 nights until we switch over to a DVC resort. This would be for 12/2006. Historically there aren't any discounts during this time. I really want to stay concierge because it's a special occasion, the PS's will be hard to get and we won't be visiting the parks during those days, and for the sunrise safari. The rate is about $200 more per night than a regular room there. Am I crazy to want to do this? Will it be worth it for a special occasion? Part of me wants to justify it because his b-day tends to get lost in the holidays.
Let me know what you think.

Minybear
11-10-2004, 03:19 PM
Megan
Your not crazy to stay AKL concierge. Especially going at that time you will need the little extra assistance on your PS's anyway. Plus your celebrating a special occasion. Yes definately do AKL concierge. If you can also do one of those safari's, your trip even more extra special.

Of course we love AKL. We are going there in December instead of a DVC resort :hyper:

Minybear

megrod74
11-10-2004, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, Minybear!

Minybear
11-10-2004, 04:24 PM
Megan

Your welcome :teeth:

Make that reservation for those 2 nights at AKL concierge and you will be very happy :hyper: :teeth:

Mich Mouse
11-10-2004, 04:33 PM
Wow! You are already making plans for 2006...I thought I planned far in advance!:D

I think AKL conc. sounds wonderful...especially with the parks being so crowded during the holidays. You will have your own little oasis in the concegiere.

The extra $200.00 a night...It is easily justified...You are making memories, which you cannot put a price on. Plus, you have two years to save!

megrod74
11-10-2004, 04:40 PM
Wow! You are already making plans for 2006...I thought I planned far in advance!
I know, isn't it sick?

It will be his 39th b-day. His 40th falls on a Sat and it would be too many points for the DVC resort afterward.

MNSusan
11-10-2004, 05:03 PM
We're doing AKL concierge next week for exactly the same reason - I want DH's birthday to be special. Its the value time of year now, but still....

And the pre-planning has been absolutely WONDERFUL. Go for it, if you can!

Minybear
11-10-2004, 05:04 PM
Megan

You remind me od me. I already have a DCL cruise set up for December 2006.:teeth:.

megrod74
11-11-2004, 02:38 PM
We're doing AKL concierge next week for exactly the same reason - I want DH's birthday to be special.
I can't wait to hear how it went!

I already have a DCL cruise set up for December 2006 ::yes::
It's a good thing we have to book our DVC vacations no more than 11 months out or Member services would go crazy!