PDA

View Full Version : Any advice info on FW cabins is greatly appreciated!

Banshee
11-10-2004, 09:59 AM
I just made my deposit last night for a FW cabin!:Pinkbounc We have never stayed at this resort before. We are going February 28th to march 9th!:Pinkbounc Me DH and our 2 DS's and my FIL. It will be my FIL's first time at disney so we are a little nervous about that! He can be a little cynical about things so I am hoping the Disney magic changes his tune! Any adivce on the FW cabins is REALLY appreciated!! Like which loop is best or even which cabin! Thanks for any advice!!:D

Banshee
11-10-2004, 10:59 AM
:D

Chicago526
11-10-2004, 11:21 AM
I don't have any info on what loop is the best, my visit was too long ago!

But I can tell you that if you like peace and quiet, you'll LOVE the cabins. I really felt like I was in the middle of nowhere, and not in the middle of the vacation capitol of the universe!

The extra space is nice, too! And the mousekeeper we had even loaded and ran the dishwasher everyday, so all our breakfast dishes were done when we got back to the cabin. I don't know if that is standard or if we just got lucky.

The only thing I didn't like was that we had to take bus A to bus B to get to the main bus stop to take another bus to the parks (except MK, we took a boat). That got tedious after awhile. But if you get on a good loop, you may be able to walk to bus B (those aren't the names of the buses, I'm just using A and B as an example). If you are going to do a lot of activities at the campground, it may pay to rent a golf cart to cut down on walking or taking buses.

Have a great trip!

Banshee
11-10-2004, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the info!!:D

HughJackman'n'me
11-10-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Chicago526

The extra space is nice, too! And the mousekeeper we had even loaded and ran the dishwasher everyday, so all our breakfast dishes were done when we got back to the cabin. I don't know if that is standard or if we just got lucky.

Have a great trip!

...as you can see by my countdown thingie! As far as I am aware, full maid service is included, which mean clean dishes!:teeth: Now THAT'S what I call a vaca!!

DisneyMom5
11-10-2004, 03:23 PM
We loved the cabins! And yes, the dishes were done evey day, even if it was only a couple of bowls and spoons. :)

We really enjoyed the 2500 loop. We had requested 2500 nonsmoking, near the bus stop. We were scheduled to get one of the first few cabins, but ours would not have been ready until later in the day, so they asked if we wanted a different one. I said sure, and got 2514. It was fine! I think it was more quiet, not being by the bus stop. Still only like a 1/2 block or less walk to the bus stop, laundry and pool.
We even loved the buses, and didn't move our van until we left WDW!
Really wasn't a big hassle to change buses, once you got the hang of it.
The DIS camping board is very helpful with info on FW, and I liked this site for bus info:
http://www.disneycampers.com/Fort_Wilderness/FW_Transportation.htm
Pictures of the cabins:
http://community.webshots.com/album/66031577kEhyjH
Have a great trip!

MichiganMommy
11-10-2004, 08:01 PM
Check out this website for lots of info on Fort Wilderness and the cabins:

http://home.hiwaay.net/~jlspence/faq_fw.htm

We stayed there in 2001 and liked having the kitchen and 2 rooms for sleeping.

FirstNo
11-11-2004, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Banshee
I just made my deposit last night for a FW cabin!:Pinkbounc We have never stayed at this resort before. We are going February 28th to march 9th!:Pinkbounc Me DH and our 2 DS's and my FIL. It will be my FIL's first time at disney so we are a little nervous about that! He can be a little cynical about things so I am hoping the Disney magic changes his tune! Any adivce on the FW cabins is REALLY appreciated!! Like which loop is best or even which cabin! Thanks for any advice!!:D

My parents have stayed in that area (FW Homes/Cabins) a few times and I've gone to visit them each time. It's a nice, quiet area and fun to watch the wildlife. My parents love being able to park their vehicle right outside the cabin as opposed to walking a long distance to their vehicle when staying in your average Disney hotel. They love being able to put something in the crock pot (they bring it from home) and have dinner pretty much ready by the time they get back. They usually load and run the dishwasher themselves, but there was always new soap the next day. They love having the separate rooms for tv watching as Mom usually goes to bed early and Dad can stay up and watch tv in the living room without bothering Mom in the bedroom. I've never heard a bad comment about the place from my parents, however since they always have a vehicle down here, I can't comment on the transportation. :)

HughJackman'n'me
11-11-2004, 08:31 AM
...you gave me a great idea! I NEVER would have thought to bring my crockpot! That'll leave me more time to enjoy the parks!!:teeth:

cruise-o-matic
11-11-2004, 01:37 PM
We were assigned a handicap accessible cabin in 2/04. It was at the top of the loop and closest to the bus stop. The drawback is that it had a zero entry shower, so unless you rolled up towels and made a dam at the edge of the shower, the bathroom floor got all wet.

Nice full kitchen, deck, charcoal grill, parking at your door and sleeps 6 (only one bathroom though). The only big drawback is that you have to ride an internal campground bus, then transfer over to a park bus.