PDA

View Full Version : Christmas trip

kbkids
11-10-2004, 09:15 AM
DH and I are making a quick weekend trip - just decided to go since our APs expire December 4th. We will just be doing Epcot and MGM. I would prefer to stay at the Dolphin, but here's our options. What do you think?

Dolphin - $149
Wilderness Lodge (not close, I know - but I love it) - $121
POFQ (love this resort too) - $79
CBR - $79
Pop Century (again, not close, but awesome price) - $49

Bugsmom73
11-10-2004, 09:31 AM
I voted Dolphin because it is close to where you will be the most.

PamNC
11-10-2004, 09:42 AM
Mainly because you said you would prefer it. And, because WL is a bit removed (although gorgeous for the holidays...please go visit at least). We're doing the same thing, a quick long weekend trip Thanksgiving Day - 11/29. We're staying at the Swan and we're first timers there. Looking forward to trying something new.

Think of the location - Epcot Resort area is wonderful!

PamNC

CRSNDSNY
11-10-2004, 10:41 AM
WL will be beautifully festive for the holiday season! The location is awesome, too! I'd go for WL.

PratersloveDW
11-10-2004, 10:43 AM
I vote for the dolphin, but maybe that's just cause DH and I are huge fans! It's are favorite but any Disney hotel is great!!!!!!!!!!!!

domestic goddess
11-10-2004, 12:40 PM
You can't beat the WL at Christmas time!! It is so warm and cozy and feels so much like home. We have found that it is easy to get to both of the parks that you want to go to from WL, so I wouldn't let the distance sway you.

After a day at the park, grab a cup of coffee or hot chocolate and relax in front of the fire. We'll be there doing just that a couple of weeks after you.

Enjoy WDW no matter where you decide to stay!

browneyes
11-10-2004, 12:42 PM
The Dolphinhttp://www.disboards.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

travellady
11-10-2004, 12:43 PM
I chose POFQ 'cause that's where we are staying. Because it's Christmas time, I want to preserve cash for other things and the price seems right. Just think of the extra gifts you can buy ;)

MAGICinMYHEART
11-10-2004, 06:31 PM
For a quick trip, go for the Value Resort Pop Century spend the savings on some great PS if you where staying longer and having resort time I would go with the Lodge just because I love it. If I where only planning on visiting MGM & EPCOT I would stay at POP or Dolphin.

Have a great trip.

Boardwalk Tigger
11-10-2004, 07:27 PM
I have stayed at both and I would pick the Dolphin especially if you want to go to Epcot and MGM. The Epcot resort area is wonderful with so many hotels and restaurants activities etc. There is so much to do and see. The Dolphini,s a great hotel and there is more happening than at the WL. The WL is decorated very beautifully for the holidays and it is a very nice resort but if I was alone with my spouse and we wanted to go to Epcot( our family favorite) and MGM I would pick Dolphin hands down. There is more to do and the convenience to both parks is worth it. You will not regret staying there. The walk into Epcot at night( or boat ride) is magic.:) :) :)

kbkids
11-10-2004, 08:04 PM
Well - looks like Disney made the decision for me, and the answer is the Dolphin. The only resorts I could get for my dates with either the AP rate or the FL resident rate was Beach Club or Coronado Springs, and both of those would have been suites, way more than we need for just the two of us. I was able to get a lakeview room at the Dolphin for $147.50 - so looks like that's where we're staying. I'm happy because it really is what I had my heart set on. DH and I have stayed at the Dolphin before, and we had a great time.

Now, just keep your fingers crossed for me. I had a doctor's appointment today, and looks I have a hernia in need of surgery. He said he'd try to do it before Thanksgiving, but that was probably doubtful, but maybe the next week - yes, the week we'd be going to Disney. I asked him to please try to do it after my trip, and he's going to do his best. So, let's just hope it works out now.

crow11ad
11-11-2004, 12:15 AM
I chose WL. We are staying there for a week. Couldn't beat the price of $119.00 a night. A bit much for a hotel, but it's Disney and it's the WL.

CRSNDSNY
11-11-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by kbkids
Well - looks like Disney made the decision for me, and the answer is the Dolphin. The only resorts I could get for my dates with either the AP rate or the FL resident rate was Beach Club or Coronado Springs, and both of those would have been suites, way more than we need for just the two of us. I was able to get a lakeview room at the Dolphin for $147.50 - so looks like that's where we're staying. I'm happy because it really is what I had my heart set on. DH and I have stayed at the Dolphin before, and we had a great time.

Now, just keep your fingers crossed for me. I had a doctor's appointment today, and looks I have a hernia in need of surgery. He said he'd try to do it before Thanksgiving, but that was probably doubtful, but maybe the next week - yes, the week we'd be going to Disney. I asked him to please try to do it after my trip, and he's going to do his best. So, let's just hope it works out now.
The Dolphin is a beautiful resort in a top notch location! I'm sure you'll be very happy!

Best of luck with your surgery -- I hope you feel well soon!