PDA

View Full Version : An Interesting Thing Happened When I Called CRO - They're Watching You!

All Aboard
11-10-2004, 08:41 AM
Yesterday, I called to try to make an adjustment to an upcoming reservation. When the Cast Member verified my email address he said "so, you're the gcurling from the DIS?" He caught me quite off guard. I've thought for some time that this may happen, since I make and adjust so many reservations. I instantly started thinking about any controversial posts I had made recently.

I'll hold back his name, I wouldn't want to cause him any trouble. And, if he's reading this, I got a big kick out of it - truly caught me off guard. Anyhow, thought the folks on this board might find this humorous.

sphere99
11-10-2004, 08:53 AM
How would he know your user name by your email address?

All Aboard
11-10-2004, 08:58 AM
Well, my email address is gcurling@~serviceprovider~.com. It wasn't too big of a leap for him to make.

sphere99
11-10-2004, 09:10 AM
Wow so he has our user names memorized? Thats kinda freaky, mine is no where near my email address but wow.

oogieboogie
11-10-2004, 09:15 AM
There are plenty of CMs that populate the DIS. If the CM is a regular on the DIS he might've remembered the user name.

Just like our last trip, we ran into a CM who works at Whispering Canyon. The only reason she recognized us was because I had my kids' pic as my siggie and she recognized them!

browneyes
11-10-2004, 12:32 PM
LOL! That would take me completely by surprise too.:teeth:

Disney Fool
11-10-2004, 12:34 PM
Oh, yeah. When I checked into the Poly last February, one of the CM's saw my email address, and quipped, "Oh, so you're Disney Fool!" Then, I asked her if she read these boards, and she said they all did, but they couldn't respond. We had a lively conversation about that. I thought it was very funny. Wow! I'm a celebrity!:o :earseek:

kupperman
11-10-2004, 12:59 PM
Cool!:teeth:

PamNC
11-10-2004, 01:02 PM
I got in trouble with a CM friend of mine. And I felt absolutely horrible about it. He was always kind enough to get me his CM "Second Bedroom" discount. We would always take him out for a really nice dinner when he did this for us. Anyway, once he got us upgraded to concierge. I was on the boards one day and there was a post about whether or not concierge was worth the extra $$$. I chimed in, with my big mouth, that a CM friend had gotten me upgraded to concierge and that I didn't think it would be worth the extra $$. I didn't slam it really badly, but I did say that I would never pay for it as I didn't see the value other than the lounge offerings.

Apparently, someone at the hotel (I won't mention which one) that he works saw the post and figured out that I was his friend...by my name, PamNC. Everybody knew he had a friend named Pam from NC.

He mentioned it to me...and I felt about 2 inches tall. I, of course, apologized and thank goodness he forgave me.

They are watching - that's for sure!

PamNC

my3kids
11-10-2004, 01:04 PM
I'm sorry but that would FREAK me out! I like to be invisible.....I would be totally skeeved out to think someone "knew" who I was. EEWWWWW.....

Chip 'n Dale Express
11-10-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by oogieboogie
There are plenty of CMs that populate the DIS. If the CM is a regular on the DIS he might've remembered the user name.

I have to admit, I'm HORRIBLE at names... Actually, if it weren't for the fact that mine is already entered, I might forget my own user name!! LOL :crazy:

Originally posted by oogieboogie
Then, I asked her if she read these boards, and she said they all did, but they couldn't respond. We had a lively conversation about that. I thought it was very funny.

It's unfortunate, but if Disney had anything to do with it, I wouldn't be here. They can't tell us not to post, but if we post something bad, or say something wrong, it can effect us at work. Disney's big fear is that everyone thinks that I'm an "official" representative of Disney, which is understandable... but I'm just a regular Disney fan just like anyone else... I just happen to wear purple pants for my job. :)

LibertyBelle
11-10-2004, 01:19 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Disney Fool
Then, I asked her if she read these boards, and she said they all did, but they couldn't respond. : [/QUOTE

I always respond...1500 posts later :) What's the fun of being on the Dis if you don't help people out with their questions...LOL I guess it is just because I have a big mouth :)

Anyway, I have come across a couple people from the Dis in my 9 years at Disney... I never make it known that I know who they are though, the whole freak you out thing (except Chip N' Dale Express... I think I might have freaked him out a bit, but that's different he is a fellow CM... Hi Tyler)... But I have meet A LOT of great people on here that I have meet up with when they come to the parks... and a few that I am now good friends with sending emails and pictures of the family etc. I admit it I am a Disboard-a-holic and never hesitate to answer a post :)

Carrieberry
11-10-2004, 02:55 PM
EEK! I wish someone would recognize me!! I have seen DIS people at the parks and we did an Iuuminations crusie a few years ago with some fellow DISers but I think it would be so fun to have a CM know who I was! My email that Disney has does not match my email though, so I guess that isn't going to happen!

Disney Fool
11-10-2004, 03:29 PM
Well, I'm glad you're here, Tyler!!! You always try to "steer" people in the right direction. :p

goofy4tink
11-10-2004, 03:41 PM
I think I'll take this perfect opportunity to thank all those wonderful DIS CMs who give so much great info. You know who you are, even if we don't!! Thanks for taking the time to make our visits with you in WDW much more magical.

::yes:: :bounce: :worship: :bounce: ::yes::

sugarplumsmom
11-10-2004, 03:49 PM
Well said goofy4tink!!

I couldn't agree with you more!!! Disney is the most magical place on earth and most of that magic comes from the most remarkable cast members!!!

Thank you all for making a life time of memories for me and my for my family!!!!!!!

Laura

Micca
11-10-2004, 08:53 PM
I haven't been recognized from the Dis, but I realized when I was on with CRO that I had dealt with the same CM on a previous call on two prior occasions and she remembered me:teeth: I thought that was pretty remarkable considering there must be hundreds of people working the phones in CRO.:eek:

Dizz42
11-10-2004, 09:45 PM
Just recently, one of the absolutely, sweetest, kindest, most knowledgable CM's I ever talked to at DTC is Tracy Belle. LibertyBelle...would that happen to be you? I join Goofy4Tink and everyone here in saying a big THANK YOU to our CM posters!! :)

Chip 'n Dale Express
11-10-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by LibertyBelle
I never make it known that I know who they are though, the whole freak you out thing (except Chip N' Dale Express... I think I might have freaked him out a bit, but that's different he is a fellow CM... Hi Tyler)...

LOL, nah... I'm used to meeting folks, especially after my time at Pop, where I was known as the resident celebrity... "Tyler, one of your fan club members is here!!!" they'd always tease me about it.

thedisneymom
11-10-2004, 11:51 PM
Tyler
I'll be at Pop this February and it would be an honor to meet you. I'll be looking at everyone's name tags to find you. I, personally, would love a cast member to recognize me.

LibertyBelle
11-11-2004, 12:10 AM
thedisneymom... you won't need to check name tags to find Tyler... just look for the Chip N' Dale plushes on the dash board... That is how I knew it was him :)

Dizz42, while I have been called "the sweetest, nicest... :sunny: " that was not me. Sorry!

MickeyCrazed
11-11-2004, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by thedisneymom
Tyler
I'll be at Pop this February and it would be an honor to meet you. I'll be looking at everyone's name tags to find you. I, personally, would love a cast member to recognize me.

If I'm not mistaken, Tyler no longer works at POP Century. He is driving a Disney Bus again.

DMRick
11-11-2004, 09:55 AM
About a year ago, I knew a cm, who made a comment about guests at the front desk. Just a small thing about being rude, and how she wished guests would act and...she no longer works at the front desk. She doesn't even know how they knew it was her..but something she said in one of her posts clicked with someone. She isn't on under that name anymore, and never comments on anything that would show she was a cm. She really needs her job.

Mom2Ashli
11-11-2004, 10:00 AM
I have to admit that would have caught me off guard at first. But than I would have been happy that I finally said something that made someone remember me.
Sometimes I feel invisible out here.

BCV23
11-11-2004, 10:10 AM
A couple of trips ago, a CM in the Polynesian concierge qoted something positive I posted here about the resort. He said it with a big grin!:o

HumphreytheBear
11-11-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by DMRick
About a year ago, I knew a cm, who made a comment about guests at the front desk. Just a small thing about being rude, and how she wished guests would act and...she no longer works at the front desk. She doesn't even know how they knew it was her..but something she said in one of her posts clicked with someone. She isn't on under that name anymore, and never comments on anything that would show she was a cm. She really needs her job.

Here's the deal, as long as a CM is not posting the Deep dark Disney secrets (which there are not many that don't get publicized in some fashion anyway) or trashing the company and/or the guests, they won't get in trouble for posting. In my Disney career I have heard of 2 incidents with people that I work with posting things that managers didn't like and they were taken aside and talked to but it turned out that they had every right to post. As long as it is done while they are not working and is helpful, not harmful then managers can't really do anything... I am here to answer questions and help out when I can as are many of the CM's that post. There was an incident a few years ago with 999ghsts (on the WL threads) that was totally her own decision to stop posting. She had another CM at the hotel that was harassing her about the boards and the situation got uncomfortable. I assure you she is still posting (under a different sign on) and still works front desk ;) Not sure if that was the postings that you were referring or not...

DisOrBust
11-11-2004, 10:18 AM
What happened with Tyler and POP?? I remember lurking on his thread when he was so excited to be a part of POP!!

Lou-Ann
11-11-2004, 10:52 AM
I haven't a clue who 999ghosts is/was but can tell you that it is the wonderful folks at the Wilderness Lodge front desk that keep us coming to Disney. Every one of them has been kind, knowledgeable and gone out of their way to be helpful THEY ARE DISNEY to us..........WE love you....see ya' real soon.......:sunny:

DisneyNut_34
11-11-2004, 11:26 AM
I can't even get tagged, let alone recognized by a CM!:crazy:

phyllis1966
11-11-2004, 03:43 PM
I'd like to take this opportunity to say that in 4 trips to WDW, I have honestly never encountered a CM that wasn't pleasant and helpful. In fact, I've mostly met wonderful CM's who seem so happy to help our family to have a terrific time! On our last trip, the CM who checked us into the CR (darn it - I've forgotten his name!) was so happy to tell us what a great view we had for DD's 5th birthday trip (I wrote all about it in the survey they emailed to me when we got home)!

I've seen quite a few negative posts about the CM's at the GF, and we're all entitled to our own opinions, but in our 2 stays there, every single CM we met was cheerful, engaged our DD in conversation, and went out of his/her way to make our stay magical - we'll be at the GF in a few days and are looking forward to seeing our "friends" again!

Thank you CM's - you put the magic in WDW!!!

LucyStorm
11-11-2004, 06:25 PM
I agree, Disney would not be Disney without the CM's . Thank you all. And if any of you know Sonya from DTC, tell her I think she is wonderful too! She spent a long time on the phone with me about a month ago making sure that my birthday trip will be just what I want it to be. Thank you Sonya!

Then there is Art, at the Garden Grill, who is one of the best waiters I've ever had, and I've had the pleasure of having his service several times. Managers, if you're looking, these guys need to be recognized!

mom2rb
11-11-2004, 08:18 PM
I'll add a great CM story. First I have had nothing but Great CMs. One was super wonderful. We had been looking for Donald Duck all week. We found him are last day and the CM helping made sure my boys had plenty of time with him. His name was Roman and my Roman read his name tag and was so happy that he met another one. It was the first person he met with the same name. My son still talks about when we go back and see his friend" the other Roman".

DMRick
11-11-2004, 10:34 PM
trashing the company and/or the guests, they won't get in trouble for posting.

As I said, a remark was made about guests. So I guess that might be why they don't work the front desk anymore. They actually are a friend, and I think they should not have posted what was posted here. I have no idea who the other person is you are talking about.

I do think there is a certain responsibility that goes with being a CM and posting on a public board. I would like to know that my conversations with a CM would not be repeated here.

We've been lucky and had good CM's for the most part (one bad incident, but it happens). On the other hand, I think I'm a good guest.

thedisneymom
11-11-2004, 11:03 PM
Ok so I'll be looking for Tyler assisted by Chip and Dale on a bus-any particular route?