PDA

View Full Version : E-Coli changes vacation plans!

RoseNJ
07-24-2001, 04:14 PM
I posted my women's only vacation on this board a few weeks ago and boy, have my plans changed! Two weeks ago my mother-in-law was put into the hospital with an uncontrollable fever and kidney infection. It took a week of tests to figure out she had an e-coli infection. They let her come home this past Saturday on antibiotic treatment but she decided there was no way she could go to WDW a week later! She cancelled, her best friend cancelled, and then my sister-in-law decided that she should stay home with her mom too! That left me with a BWV reservation and non-refundable airline tickets. And no less, next Sat. is my birthday! Well, with a lot of hustling around we changed over tix to my DD and DS and now I will be posting over on the family board about my trip with the kids next week. Wish me luck!
P.S. Anyone here ever go solo to Jellyrolls? I was thinking about doing that when I needed an evening break from the kids.:jester:

spiceycat
07-25-2001, 02:47 PM
I am so sorry that you have had so many problems.

I hope you have a happy trip anyway.

nativetxn
07-25-2001, 03:35 PM
Thank goodness your mother is doing alright now. At least you didn't have to cancel the trip entirely.

I haven't been to JellyRolls solo or otherwise. I hear that it's a fun place, though.

Katholyn

JolieKae
07-28-2001, 02:10 PM
I went to Jellyrolls with some fellow CMs a few times and we always had a blast. One night, a bunch of us were there and most of our group decided to call it a night because they had to get up early for their monthly lifeguard re-test, and everybody decided to leave. Well, I decided I was having too much fun, so I stayed, so I guess you could technically say I was there solo. I was there for at least 2 more hours and I never felt self-conscious or out of place. I had a good time. You don't have to sit at a table at Jellyrolls, you can stand at the back, or sit on a stool.