PDA

View Full Version : All Star Movies

yayabetdook
11-09-2004, 03:55 PM
I am going to WDW January 2005. For the first time ever I am staying on property. I am staying at the ASMo. I was just wondering how the hotel is. I would love to hear comments about it. Thanks.

A Mickeyfan
11-09-2004, 04:52 PM
Many people don't like the any of the All-Stars. I happen to like them. The movies is very cute. Yes, it can get loud with many children running all over, but hey....it is Disney. There are large Icons from different movies. Each bldg has a theme. There are the Mighty Duck, Dalmations, Fantasia, Toy Story.... each area has that theme thru it. The rooms are all the same set up. You will get 2 full size beds, a small dresser area where TV is on the top of it. Smaller sized table & 2 chairs. Sink area has the area where you can hang your clothes up with the small shelf above. Sinks themselves are standard with a small shelf for your personal items. Bathroom is very tiny. You really cannot fit 2 kids in it & try to dress them... but I do not mind, my kids are all big & fend for themselves. Our favorite bldg is the Dalmations. The food court is your standart Disney Food court. I like the food there, again you will get guests who do not like the food court. Definatly buy a mug for the unlimited refills.... There are 2 pool areas, one by the food court & the Fantasia bldgs (they are the preferred bldgs too) and the other is by the Mighty Ducks area (towards the right of the complex heading towards the AS-Music. Most of the time the Movies ends up getting it's own bus to the parks...if not, you will not get a seat since it is the last stop on the route... first the Sports, then Music, then Movies. Good thing about All-Stars is that they are all sister resorts & you can pool hop between the 3. Hope this helps you... if you need a particular question answered...I will try to help.... if not, there will be many others (who like me, like the All-Stars) that can help.....:earsgirl:

CamColt
11-09-2004, 04:57 PM
We have stayed at ASMO 3x(and ASSP once) and hope to go back again.
We love the variety & convenience of the food court, bus service is wonderful, and CMs are very helpful and friendly. The rooms arent huge, but they are fine for what we need. We have even fit 5 in once(1 was in a crib so it was legal) and had no problems.
The theming is just so DISNEY! Weve stayed in the Woody building once and Mighty Ducks twice and I think the kids prefer staying there than any other resort. ;)

DissyLove
11-09-2004, 08:16 PM
The rooms are EXTREMELY small. I have stayed at ASMovies, with my husband and son. It all depends on what you want-if you want the Disney atmosphere on a budget, and don't plan on spending much time in your rooms, go for it. My kids love the icons of the movies and the food court was perfect for grabbing a quick meal.

But if you want perks-sit down restaurants, extra room space, easy transportation, you'll have to spend a bit more. On a budget but enjoying disney at the same time, you will be fine. But if you want more space and some more amenities and can squeeze it in, go for a moderate resort like Caribean Beach or Port Orleans.

Either way, stay on property and get right into the action! Enjoy!

Magic2000
11-09-2004, 08:18 PM
My youngest DD loves the All Star Movies!!! It really is such a cute hotel!! I love the large icons too!!! Our favorite section is 101 Dalmations - but we've also stayed in Love Bug, and it is a short walk to the food court/bus stop and very quiet!!! Actually, we've stayed at All Star Movies three times, and we've never had a problem with noise! Bus service was great for all our stays!

We've also tried Pop Century this summer - and it was really neat too!!! We'll be back at Pop Century in Dec - can't wait!!!

Enjoy your stay!!!!!

kelscross
11-10-2004, 05:10 AM
We stayed in ASMO for one night before our package started at the Poly and we liked it. Especially if you have young children. My girls loved the Icons. We stayed in the Toy story section and they loved the Andy's room courtyard. The pool was large, it didn't have a slide but my girls are too small to be on a pool slide anyhow. We rode the bus to DTD and it wasn't bad, however it wasn't crowded at Disney that week either (Hurricane Frances).

All in all I would say the rooms are small in comparison to the CBR or the Poly, but how often do you spend time in your room? Next year we are going on a much smaller budget so we'll probably stay at ASMO or Pop.

Have fun!

mickeymousefan
11-10-2004, 06:28 AM
This will be our third trip staying at an All Star ( second at Movies), and it is great for us. The rooms are small, but we only sleep there. We got a great rate for January, so it is even a better value for us. We love the theming at Movies as much as our 2 DD's. The landscaping is beautiful, the kiddie pool is perfect for my kids, and we have never had an issue with bus service. I really dont care too much for the food court, but only because the type of food served is generally not my thing.
As long as you arent expecting the Ritz, you should have a great time.

Jasminesmommy
11-10-2004, 06:28 PM
I stayed at ASMo the last 2 times and loved it. I was in woodys 1st floor section same room both times. My kids are 5 & 7 and we had no problem we only needed it to sleep but used it all day when we got stuck in Hurricane Jeanne and it was still ok for the 4 of us. I say go for it . I will definetly stay here again and as far as noise when I got back at night I thought it was quiet.

Disneyof3
11-10-2004, 08:58 PM
:jester:

We stayed there just past Jan. for our first trip to WDW. I got the idea from this site and ALLEARS. If you have children it is just perfect. We are a family of 5 and we had just a ball. We were so excited and so impressed with everything we got. It is so family oriented and the bus service was perfect. We had the longest about 15 min. wait. The rooms for us were great and the housekeeping was perfect. We got no animal towels but our maid was always friendly and one day we said she didn't have to make the beds just leave us extra towels and she did with extra ones just in case. I can't say enough about the resort and the staff. We would be returning to the Movies in Feb.05 but our youngest is now 3 and it is cheaper for us to stay at POR in one room then 2 rooms at the Movies. I just hope I like it as much as the Movies.

Have fun and enjoy the surroundings.

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Celestine
11-11-2004, 04:33 AM
I always laugh reading these posts (not in any way maliciously). I come from the UK, and in our terms, the rooms at ASMo etc. are large!!! I guess it just goes to show what is one man's feast is another's famine. What would I be like if I got to stay in a mod or deluxe?? I'd probably feel agrophobic or something!!!

Mom2RinJen
11-11-2004, 09:11 AM
We've stayed at Movies twice, Pop once, and are doing Movies again this coming trip. You cant beat it! The price is right, the rooms are adequate for sleeping dressing etc and the food court cant be beat! The icons and the whole landscaping is just wonderful. not a long walk usually to the main building and the parking lots are closer than Pop, at least I think so. Pop was nice, but we're partial to Movies. Once we stayed in Toy Story section facing Buzz, the next was in Dalmations by the TV set, and at Pop we stayed in 70s very close to the parking lot but a longer walk to the food court. This time I requested Toy Story again, but if I dont get it, I dont get it. Dalmations would be good too. I love to walk around early in the morning and late at night by myself just soaking in the atmosphere. And you meet so many nice people. You almost feel like you belong to a family when you stay at a Disney resort, dont you? I could never imagine staying off site.

Kim