PDA

View Full Version : Help! Beach CLub or Swan

DisneyMomJen
11-09-2004, 02:33 PM
We are going to Disney for a 3 night weekend stay December 9th. I have reservations at the Beach Club for $209 and the Swan for $99. There will be 5 of us - 2 adults, 2 children and a 2 year old who will be in a Pack n Play. We Love the Beach Club and their pool, but part of the pool will be under renovation at this time. Never stayed at the San of Dolphin. Most of the Beach Club can be paid with my Disney Visa Points or Dollars, but this can always be used for something else such as a future trip. What should we do? Thanks in advance for any advice!!!

CarolA
11-09-2004, 03:20 PM
I love the Beach Club, but for that price.... Go with the Swan. It is a very nice hotel with a nice pool and you may never see that price again!

NancyIL
11-09-2004, 03:22 PM
With that much of a price difference, definitely the Swan! I haven't stayed at the Beach Club, but I LOVE the Swan!!! Your kids will enjoy the grotto pool. Save the Beach Club for another time when you can't get the Swan/Dolphin so inexpensively.

sugermouse
11-09-2004, 04:32 PM
The Swan is outstanding and for the price you got it is a no brainer in my opinion. The Swan and Dolphin are absolutely the best location on Disney property in terms of access to both Epcot, MGM and DTD. Enjoy! ::MickeyMo

opal
11-09-2004, 05:42 PM
Haven't stayed at the BC, but have stayed at YC and Swan. Pick the Swan, you won't be disappointed. We like it better than YC!!!

RhondaS
11-09-2004, 05:46 PM
Without a doubt, the Swan. :D

DisneyJen0504
11-09-2004, 08:38 PM
I suggest the Swan! Save your points to build up for a future trip. The price at the Swan is way better!!!

micks
11-09-2004, 10:13 PM
We've stayed at the Beach Club teice (so far - we're trying to buy DVC-BCV points right now) and I think it's absolutely the BEST location on property with the best pool too. BUT - I would say Swan for this trip. The price is INCREDIBLE and it's so very close to the action. Keep racking up your Visa dollars for the nest one and jump on that cheap Swan rate!

FINFAN
11-09-2004, 10:18 PM
Swan...you will enjoy your stay. $99 is the best, we had that at the Dolphin last Dec...wish we could get it again!

swilphil
11-10-2004, 07:30 AM
I also vote for the Swan. With all those Disney Rewards and Dollars you can have a cheap trip--think of all the nice meals, souvenirs and park tickets you can buy with them.

The $99 at the Swan is becoming rarer and rarer. Stay there now because that price may not come along again for quite a while.

PamNC
11-10-2004, 01:09 PM
how in the world you got $99 at the Swan. My goodness! I think you should go with the Swan as well, although I'll be staying there for the first time over Thanksgiving. We couldn't get an AP or other discount anywhere else as this was a last minute, quickie long weekend type of trip. We got $161 AP rate at the Swan and that doesn't include tax or the $10 resort fee. It comes out to $191.00 I believe. I love the Beach Club, but I think since this is a short trip and you're getting such a good rate, you should stay at the Swan.

Don't forget to tell me how you got $99, although I'm sure I can't get that for Thanksgiving weekend...or can I??? Anyone know?

PamNC