PDA

View Full Version : Curves Info

pixiedust23
11-09-2004, 01:30 PM
My mother was looking into doing Curves. Just wondering how well it works, what you do, what the cost is. Just the basics.

QuiltTeddy
11-12-2004, 12:12 PM
I believe it's $49.95 a month if you go month to month. It's $10.00 cheaper if you sign up for the year. They also automatically debit your checking account each month when in the year plan. If you quit before the year is up, you end up having to pay extra, but they do let you out. (I can't remember how much you have to pay to "get out".) I didn't sign up, but that was the information I was given when I checked it out. It may have changed, since that was at the end of last year.

antmaril
11-12-2004, 01:34 PM
I pay $29 a month and it is deducted from my debit card. It is $39 a month if you pay month to month.

pixiedust23
11-13-2004, 05:33 PM
What do you do there? And do you find it beneficial? She's in her mid 50's and has major balance and coordinatin problems (she was just diagnosed with MS but has been suffereing from it for about 10 years now). She always says she wants to get in shape, but I worry about her signing up at a gym b/c I dont want her to get hurt.

NCRedding
11-14-2004, 01:29 PM
Our Curves offers a free trial to people. The owner/manager is very helpful at working with people and will be open as to whether it is a good idea--she isn't just a pushy salesperson.

There are pieces of equipment where you do repetetions timed with the background music. Every thirty seconds to one minute, you move. In between the equipment are mats where you walk or dance or jog to keep up your heart rate.

I would have your mom try it out, and go with her if you live near by, just to see. I don't think she would have trouble with the equipment, but may have problems with the walking in place