PDA

View Full Version : How (exactly) does luggage delivery between resorts work?

All Aboard
11-09-2004, 10:12 AM
Let's say that you are staying in one of the remote buildings at either PO Riverside, Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs and you are transferring to another resort.

It's the morning of you resort change.

1) Can you call the desk, let them know you are checking out and transferring. Leave your packed bags in your room. Hop on the bus and go to a theme park and find your bags at the luggage desk at your next resort?

2) Or, must you stay in your room until a bellman arrives?

3) Or, must you take your bags to the front desk?

Or, something else I haven't described? Thanks.

woodysgrl
11-09-2004, 10:47 AM
I'd like to know this too. We'll be moving from ASMo to AKL.

spiceycat
11-09-2004, 10:47 AM
you do as you described - leave an enveloped attached to the luggage (tape works great) - will bell services on the outside - include a tip. Also include your name, reservation number at the other resort and the name of the other resort - plus the date you check-in.

realize that your luggage might not arrive until check in time either 3 or 4 pm depending upon the resort.

or if might be waiting for you.

always take with you the items you will need for the day - medicine - sun screen, etc.

momtotwinglesx4
11-09-2004, 11:43 AM
Last summer we moved from POR to YC to CR to AKL. Each time, they asked us to wait in the room with the luggage until the bellman came to pick it up. They always arrived within 10 minutes, so I didn't call until we were ready to go.

kakiax
11-09-2004, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the info; I was in need of it too. We leave next week and will be going btn CSR to AKL; we switched once on another trip btn WL and Swan, which I guess is not always done w/ the Swan but it went smoothly. This time we have 5 kids btn us so I'm a little concerned about no room midday!!

If your room is ready but no luggage I assume you can go up??

Thx

llrain
11-09-2004, 12:29 PM
I was also told to not wait till the day of the transfer but to just tell them when checking into resort 1 that you need luggage transfer to resort 2 on such and such date giving them a heads up and not wait till the last minute(when checking out).

Chip 'n Dale Express
11-09-2004, 12:47 PM
A few things to note:

With "Bell Services" found at Moderates and Deluxes, you WILL need to be in the room for the bell person to pickup or drop off your luggage. For pick-up, it's always best to give them a call ahead of time, in case they become busy, and backed up.

With "Luggage Assistance" found at Values, you do NOT need to be in the room for pickup or delivery, however, you do need to have checked in for the bags to be delivered.

The way it worked at Pop:

Guests would call the night before to schedule a pickup time. They did not need to be in the room for us to pick up the bags. We would pick up the bags sometime between when they left the room, and noon. Bags would get tagged with special colored transfer tags, and stored in our transfer bins. AT around 12:30, we would start loading up the transfer van, which would take a good half hour, depending on how many transfers we had. We would leave Pop at 1:00, and start making our rounds to drop off the bags. Depending on how many properties we would have to go to, we'd typically have all the bags dropped off by 3:00pm.

MelissathePooh
11-09-2004, 01:08 PM
Hey Greg,

Long time no chatting! Hope all is going great!

To answer your question - we have always had to wait in the room for bell services, but its never been a problem - about 5-10 minutes. The bags go to some Disney black hole for a few hours and then we call for them when we check in later. Only once have they ever lost our bags (at BCV - but that was probably the smallest problem we had during that trip). They did find them after about 2 hours of looking - complicated story.

Honestly we change resorts almost every trip and that one time has been the ONLY problem we've ever had. Depending on how much we pack (used to be a TON less pre-Holden days) we would walk them up to the bell services desk ourselves. At any rate its pretty effortless and if there is something specific that Bell services needs they'll let you know when you call for the pick up.

Gotta run - take care!

Melissa

Cmbar
11-09-2004, 01:40 PM
Tyler,

Do you need to tag your luggage with your names (more than just the usual you would have on for airport)? Does Bell services give you something to put on EVERY piece of luggage that has the new hotel and reservation number. We are going from POFQ to BWV and the ressies in the second hotel is in my name but we will have various last names on the luggage. Am I making sense? Just wondering if we will have a official tag from Disney to make me feel better that they are going to the right place!

Thanks

SondraD11
11-09-2004, 01:51 PM
I'll be switching resorts for the first time in December so I'm interested in these answers too. I have another question. Do you have to wait in your room with your luggage for someone to come get it or can you just drop it at bell services on your way to check out? My son and I will just have one rolling bag each and I'd rather not sit around the room and wait for someone. Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Sondra :earsgirl:

I was just re-reading the previous posts and realized that Melissa already answered my question. Sorry for the dense post and thank you, Melissa for the details of your experience.

northern michigan
11-09-2004, 03:15 PM
POP will be our initial resort, POR our second.

Our switch day is Christmas Day. Do you have any advice given that it will be a holiday?

Also, would it be wise for us to head over to POR (without luggage) right after checking out of POP just to go thru the process of checking in knowing they won't have a room ready for us until 4pm?

We've never had a split stay before. I'm nervous knowing this is all scheduled for X-mas Day.

Simba's Mom
11-09-2004, 05:03 PM
Since I was told I'd have to wait in my room for bell services, I found it easier to take my bag to bell services. I just stopped by there, left my bag with them, with instructions on which resort it was going to, then I got on the bus to the theme park I chose. At the end of the day, I'd get on the bus going to the new resort, check in, then call bell services there who'd bring my luggage up to me in a matter of minutes.

anne60
11-09-2004, 05:18 PM
I'm in the same boat as you, only doing the switch from POP to POR on New Year's Day. I am trying not to get too worried about it. We will not have a car, so I'll have to rely on guest services or rent a cab and send one or two of us over with the bags. I think it all depends on whether we all want to get to the park early or not.

Chip 'n Dale Express
11-09-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Cmbar
Do you need to tag your luggage with your names (more than just the usual you would have on for airport)? Does Bell services give you something to put on EVERY piece of luggage that has the new hotel and reservation number.

Bell Services/Luggage Assistance will tag each and every item themselves with special Transfer Tags that include the reservation name, and new resort.

Chip 'n Dale Express
11-09-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by SondraD11
Do you have to wait in your room with your luggage for someone to come get it or can you just drop it at bell services on your way to check out?

By all means, you can bring it down!! Just make sure to bring it down by Noon, and let them know where it's going.

Chip 'n Dale Express
11-09-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by northern michigan
POP will be our initial resort, POR our second.

Our switch day is Christmas Day. Do you have any advice given that it will be a holiday?

Also, would it be wise for us to head over to POR (without luggage) right after checking out of POP just to go thru the process of checking in knowing they won't have a room ready for us until 4pm?

We've never had a split stay before. I'm nervous knowing this is all scheduled for X-mas Day.

Christmas isn't a huge turn day for the resorts, since most everyone spends the day in the jam-packed parks. I wouldn't worry about the day.