PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Light On-The-Go Packets

calypso*a*go-go
11-08-2004, 02:23 AM
I was at our local Target today and found Crystal Light O-T-G packets on clearance! It was two boxes w/10 packets each shrink wrapped together for a total of 20 packets @ $3.85. They had Lemonade and Raspberry Ice available. We used these just a few weeks ago at WDW and were soooo glad we had them with us!

looo33
11-08-2004, 05:22 AM
OK...probably a not -so-smart question but does anyone know if I could use these packets with a Brita water bottle? It has a fliter and I don't know if it would filter the flavor out........

calypso*a*go-go
11-08-2004, 10:16 AM
I don't think it would take the flavor away...I'd be more concerned about it clogging up the filter when you try to mix it.

ellyn2000
11-08-2004, 02:49 PM
Just for info---I really like these and noticed recently that WalMart has their own brand of these for less. I can't remember how much less, but much less than the Crystal Light.

Bakerone
11-08-2004, 03:01 PM
I bought some of those at Target this weekend too. This summer they sold them at Hershey park for .50 a piece to add to water bottles. I've been doing that myself on cruises, and on vacations.

Leader of the Club
11-08-2004, 04:01 PM
I think I saw a coupon in this past Sunday's inserts for those. I better check it out!

disneymom3
11-08-2004, 04:12 PM
I saw the Walmart ones too. There was a pack of 10 for $2 I think.

rsschneck
11-08-2004, 08:51 PM
I will go check it out!

I was wondering how your first DVC stay was? I thought you might post a trip report.

Details, I need details!:hyper:

calypso*a*go-go
11-09-2004, 12:48 AM
You want details, details...I want points, points!!! Our stay was fantastic and we can't wait to go back (and yes, I have been looking for an add-on -- it's like an addiction!).

I posted a very brief trip report on the DVC C.B. and added some comments to the Illuminations/MNSSHP threads.

We should try another DIS meet sometime during the holidays, yes?

(B.T.W. Couldn't resist the DVC watch and bought myself an early Christmas present.)

kehouse
11-09-2004, 03:17 PM
meijer has these buy 2 get 2 free this week.

rsschneck
11-09-2004, 09:50 PM
I will look for your trip report post! The add-on IS very contagious. We originally bought 300 points and added 100 more on our FIRST WDW trip (went to HHI before OKW).

We will be gone for the holidays! I was thinking maybe February or something. Weather is yucky and talking Disney might brighten our day. Any ideas of a good place to meet with yucky weather?

I am glad you had a great time!

bettyann29
11-09-2004, 10:05 PM
Got some at walmart tonight.. but I got the crystal light ones.. They were $2.50 for a box of 10 packets.. The walmart brand was $1.87 I believe, but I personally dont like the walmart brand as Ive tried them before..

suz72
11-10-2004, 12:25 AM
I have read about the On-the-go Crystal Light packets many times on these boards & finally found them at Target. I love Crystal Light raspberry ice.

I just have one question. As far as Disney goes, when are where to you use them? With meals in the parks? or in your hotel? Just want some details.

I did buy my Brita sports bottles before last time we went and then forgot to bring them.:( I'm sure I'll remember next time.

Should I bring my crystal light to go packs to Disney too?

Susan

calypso*a*go-go
11-10-2004, 12:56 AM
Definitely bring them with you. We usually started the day w/an unopened bottle of water. When it was gone we just refilled @ the water fountains and added the Crystal Light. The drinking water has a terrible taste to it (compared to what we're used to) and using the C.L. was the only way I could get my kids to keep drinking water.

suz72
11-13-2004, 01:25 AM
Ohhhh, thank you. I get it. You use the packets to make yucky water taste better.

Thank you, Susan

westcliffemom
11-13-2004, 07:12 AM
I bought the tea and lemonade and used them at the restaurants in the park. I ordered water and it worked great! I would only bring the lemonade next time, as the tea looks kinda funny in the glass of "water" and didn't want to have to answer any questions. I wouldn't use the raspberry for the same reason. But the lemonade worked great and I saved $2 each time I didn't get a soda!

Leader of the Club
11-13-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by kehouse
meijer has these buy 2 get 2 free this week.

Yep! and for you coupon clippers there was a $1 off 3 kraft items in the sunday insert a few weeks ago and these are a kraft product. I had 2 of these coupons. I purchased 2 regular Raspberry Ice, 2 regular Respberry Lemonade and 4 of the On-the-go Raspberry Ice. These are normally $4.59 each. After the BOGO and the doubled $1 coupons I paid about $1.80 each

goofyforlife
11-13-2004, 11:04 AM
When it was gone we just refilled @ the water fountains and added the Crystal Light. The drinking water has a terrible taste to it (compared to what we're used to) and using the C.L. was the only way I could get my kids to keep drinking water.

You can get a cup of ice water from any counter service for free and the water is filtered......

It's not the nasty stuff from the water fountains....

But I love the CL idea for filtered water too....