PDA

View Full Version : Value of 1989 Disney Dollars?

2ofUs
11-07-2004, 05:39 PM
I just discovered some Disney Dollars I purchased on our first trip to WDW.

Mickey's picture is in the center and Scrooge McDuck is the Treasurer. I have 10 of them (Series 1989) in $1 denominations that are in brand new condition - not bent or wrinkled.

I had put them in a 'Travelers Cheque' pocket which was placed in the bottom of my jewelry box. Got used to seeing the envelope there, but just never opened it - thought it was empty. See what happens when you decide to really 'clean house'?

Just wondered if they have any value beyond the original price and/or sentiment?

summerrluvv
11-07-2004, 05:49 PM
Nope, they are only worth the dollar amount listed on them. You could sell them on ebay though and people pay a little more than face value for older DD.

2ofUs
11-07-2004, 05:54 PM
Thanks, but I wasn't really interested in selling them, just wondered if things like that gained value. 9 of them are in numerical sequence. Since I have 8 grandchildren, I thought I might matte & frame them as gifts. Since they are very colorful on both sides, an alternative might be framing them between 2 acrylic pieces in a stand-up frame.

Anyway, just thought if they had any value beyond the $1, I would tell the kids so they didn't take them out & use them for play money, yah know?

ceecee
11-07-2004, 06:53 PM
Keep in mind many people collect them. So in a way they may go up in value.

sarahsmom73
11-08-2004, 05:28 AM
I have some of those too!:D