PDA

View Full Version : help candle wax on carpet

gilby
11-05-2004, 05:56 PM
I spilt candle wax on my carpet, any suggestions on how to get it out?
thanks,
Gilby

bettemom
11-05-2004, 06:00 PM
Use an absorbant cotton cloth, old clean diaper, white flannel...
place the cloth over the wax and iron the wax. You will melt the wax and it will absorb into the cloth. Be patient and use a fresh piece of the cloth with every swipe of the iron. I even used this trick on a velvet that someone spilled wax on.

Good Luck, Kim

4orm
11-05-2004, 06:00 PM
This happened to us! I don't have much help...we waited till it was dry and crumbled as much out as we could then vacumed it up. also freezing it with an ice pack made morebreak out of the carpet fibers for us...then we cut a little out :(

kidzmom3
11-05-2004, 06:03 PM
I did a combo of both of the suggestions. I waited until it was dry and we got rid of as much as possible. Then we used brown paper bags, and ironed over the rest. It took a long time, I did it over several days to get it all out, but now you can hardly tell.

disneymom3
11-05-2004, 07:29 PM
I did what kidzmom did and it worked great. Get this--mine got spilled at a Partylite party BY the consultant. She felt soooo bad and called around to find out what to do.

jdm
11-06-2004, 01:45 AM
If it's chunky, use a blow dryer to warm it and get what you can up with your fingers or a fork. This will be much easier if it's soft. Then iron the rest out with a hot iron and newspaper. The wax will absorb into the newspaper. It could take lots of paper and several times but it works.
Jenn

NeverBeentoDisney
11-06-2004, 06:53 AM
I had that happen once and we put down a paper bag and then ironed on top of it and it came right up... Worked like a charm. Let us know if it comes up.

Mister Skellington
11-06-2004, 09:34 AM
I actually clean carpets for a living and when asked I tell people about the Brown bag and iron. Two things to be careful of with this though....dont melt the backing of the carpet....if you do next time you vac you could pull up alot of fibers leaving a bald patch(rare but I have seen it) more important...be careful of what color the candle was...the dye in some red candles is very easily heat set into the carpet making it sometimes impossible to remove. I wouldnt use the brown bag trick on red wax. Call a cleaner who uses a truck mount steam cleaner. They will melt the wax out and have chemicals to remove the red before it is heatset.

ChiTownZee
11-06-2004, 02:13 PM
I've always use the low iron but with paper towels, moving the paper towels a lot until it's up.