PDA

View Full Version : Anyone stayed at Wingate in Florence, SC??

kapica3
11-05-2004, 04:37 PM
I just got a really good rate at this hotel for the ride back home. ($67.20) by calling their 800 number. The best price on the internet was $75.60 I believe. Anyhow....... as we all know, looks can be deceiving.

Does anyone have experience with this hotel?

Of course as I'm sure is the same for everyone, number one question is - Is it clean???? On a scale of 1-10 how clean would you say it was?

Can anyone compare it to a Jameson Inn? We stayed at one in Virginia that wasn't too bad. (I would have rated that one about a 7 or 8)

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

(I still could cancel if I get bad reviews)

:D

tiggerwannabe
11-06-2004, 03:12 AM
We stay at Clark's Inn, Santee SC. $62/night.
Very nice, very clean.

See if your hotel is AAA rated (the auto club rates hotels all the time.) I think travel sites like expedia list star rating for hotels as well. HTH.

kapica3
11-06-2004, 09:54 AM
tiggerwanabee -

Thanks for the info. When I check their website it says they were top rated by JD Power and Assosiates and also Zagat. They are also AAA approved so I guess they will be ok.

Also I have learned over the years most of the time you get what you pay for and any time I have stayed at a $29 per night hotel I got just what I payed for (Howard Johnson, Orlando).

So far anywhere that I have stayed that I paid a mid-range price I was mostly ok with.

Just hoping that someone out there has stayed here and can confirm that it is an ok place.

Thanks.

:wave2: