PDA

View Full Version : How much do you tip kids clubs ?

drumflower
11-05-2004, 11:50 AM
Do they expect a tip and how much do you tip? Thanks

DiznEeyore
11-06-2004, 08:54 AM
I've never tipped anything. I always figured $10 per hour was plenty! Of course, my ds is older and independent -- maybe if he was little and needed a lot of attention?

drumflower
11-06-2004, 02:32 PM
What about if you get 2 free hours at the Dolphin Club? We will be eating at Blue Zoo so it's free!

pplasky
11-06-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by drumflower
What about if you get 2 free hours at the Dolphin Club? We will be eating at Blue Zoo so it's free!

Where, what type of food is at Blue Zoo. Why do you get 2 free hours at the Dolphin Club? I would probably tip $5 per child/$10 per family under these circumsances, but when we have paid for the children's clubs, we don't tip, we feel $10 per child per hour is quite enough.

drumflower
11-06-2004, 04:09 PM
It's a new restarant at Dolphin that specializes in fresh seafood. The menu is on Deb's site. I don't know WHY they offer 2 free hours, but I sure think it's a great incentive to eat there! lol I didn't even believe it until I emailed them and they confirmed it for me! While on Deb's site check up the photo! It looks very nice!

kfeuer
11-06-2004, 05:27 PM
I don't know WHY they offer 2 free hours, but I sure think it's a great incentive to eat there!

I think that's their gentle way of trying to discourage parents from bringing their children to the restaurant. ;)

Considering they have alot of conventioners there (and it's an upscale restaurant), I can't say I blame them. And as a parent of 2 small children (who likes a night away from anything remotely kiddie now and then) it doesn't offend me a bit!

TandyR
11-07-2004, 10:37 AM
I am going to have to tuck that info away...always good to know about free child care. And I love seafood. :D As for the orignal question I would tip about $10. Could you tell us about the resturant and the child care when you get back?

drumflower
11-07-2004, 11:01 AM
I will tell everything!:p

pplasky
11-07-2004, 01:30 PM
It's a new restarant at Dolphin that specializes in fresh seafood. The menu is on Deb's site. I don't know WHY they offer 2 free hours, but I sure think it's a great incentive to eat there! lol I didn't even believe it until I emailed them and they confirmed it for me! While on Deb's site check up the photo! It looks very nice!

I couldn't find the menu, and very little came up when I searched the sight. It's not listed on the main dining page. Did you find it some place other than dining?

drumflower
11-07-2004, 03:38 PM
Go to allearsnet.com, Click on restaurant menus, Look under resorts menus, Find Dolphin Hotel, then look under Todd English's Blue Zoo. They also have pictures in another section on the site. I hope this help!:earboy2:

pplasky
11-08-2004, 10:18 AM
Thanks. Don't know how I missed it!