PDA

View Full Version : Overstock.com

tarheelmjfan
11-04-2004, 10:31 PM
I just ordered the UOG to WDW from Overstock.com. I didn't notice that the shipping would be 2-15 days, until I was practically finished entering my info. I went ahead and ordered it anyway. Will it really take up to 15 days to get here? That seems like an awfully long time for a book in stock. :confused: Thanks for the info. :)

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

candykisses
11-04-2004, 10:41 PM
That does seem long. My sister ordered several books about 4 weeks ago and it took 2 weeks to receive them.

I ordered in July and and had the shipment within a week.

It is getting closer to Christmas and I've noticed them advertising alot lately. Maybe business has increased.

Brian Noble
11-04-2004, 11:13 PM
I've ordered from overstock.com precisely once, and never will again. I ordered the 5-cd "classics" set, described here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000055XD7/qid=1099627712/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl15/002-4191169-3633609?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

from overstock. They charged my card immediately, and I received it after a bit more than 15 days. Amusingly, the item still lists in my account as "in process" (as in, never shipped). I have some email correspondence from the night before it arrived, when a customer "service" person claimed he spoke to "the warehouse," and that they would contact me via email within four business days about shipping information.

The CDs arrived the next morning via USPS. In other words, it had already shipped, but no one seemed to know that.

DMRick
11-04-2004, 11:33 PM
We ordered ours and got it 5 days later. Then yesterday (a full week after it came and had been read) I got an email telling me it was going out today LOL!

I love them and would buy from them in a heartbeat. So far never had a problem.

piglet33
11-05-2004, 07:34 AM
I also love Overstock.com and buy from them all the time. I've never had a problem with them and have gotten some pretty good deals. I usually get my orders within a week. Like candykisses said, maybe since it's getting close to the holidays, they're giving themselves some extra time.

rflorek
11-05-2004, 08:06 AM
They give themselves extra time because they usually ship books/CDs/DVDs by USPS media mail. If you check the USPS website, media mail can take up to 2 weeks to arrive. I think it's what they used to call 3rd class mail, or something like that.

I once shipped a book I sold on eBay by media mail because the buyer wanted to save money, and the book arrived 6 MONTHS LATER. As a result, I avoid media mail whenever possible.

Robyn

pyrxtc
11-05-2004, 08:17 AM
I love Overstock too. Their tracking of their shipping has gone downhill but their prices and services are still great!

Buttercup26
11-05-2004, 03:34 PM
I order from Overstock.com all the time. I usually get my order in about a week, a few times it took longer, never longer than two weeks. They do ship all books media mail, which is slower than normal mail.

I have never had a problem and wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

c&ldisneylovers
11-05-2004, 04:08 PM
I ordered the UOG last week from overstock.com and the book came in three days (from the time I placed my order.)

SnoWhiteRabbit
11-05-2004, 06:49 PM
I love them. I order fromt hem all the time. They have the cheapest shipping around and good prices too. I've never had a problem! You'll most likely get your package sooner.

Enjoy!

tarheelmjfan
11-05-2004, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the info. :) Hopefully my book will come sometime next week. We're going at Christmas, and I need plenty of time to memorize the whole book before then. :hyper: What else do they have good deals on? I didn't look at anything except some of the books. Thanks again! :)

crazelion
11-05-2004, 11:49 PM
I love overstocked.com to. I ordered two books both came in two weeks. I always give mail time to get here. Because sometimes mail need 15 days two get to my house.

tarheelmjfan
11-06-2004, 12:03 AM
Does anyone know where they ship from? I'm sure that makes a difference. Thanks again :)

iluvdisnee
11-06-2004, 08:27 AM
Have ordered from Overstock several times, was always impressed at how fast stuff arrives!

ForTheLoveofDisney
11-06-2004, 10:01 AM
Can I ask, is the UOG from Overstock.com the 2005 edition?

TIA:wave2:

Timmbco
11-06-2004, 12:29 PM
I ordered the Disney classic CD set on Oct 20th. I received it yesterday Nov 5th. I also got an e-mail on Nov 5th stating my order had been "processed", then I went outside and it was on my porch!

tarheelmjfan
11-06-2004, 03:41 PM
I got an e-mail today, saying my order had been shipped. Hopefully, it will be here soon. :)

ForTheLoveofDisney,
Yes, it was the 2005 version. :wave2: