PDA

View Full Version : Quick and Casual

Sweet_Thing
11-03-2004, 07:18 PM
Hello everyone....

I bought some Q & C vouchers and am wondering if any of you know where the best places are to go to eat to get your money's worth. I know that you cannot get the kitchen sink at Beaches and Cream - but I hear its good there....just not sure where else.

Thank you so much :) :earsgirl:

Lucky4me
11-03-2004, 08:01 PM
I'm planning on using ours at Pepper Market at Coronado Springs, Beaches and Cream and Cosmic Rays at MK. I haven't found anywhere in EPcot or MGM where we wouldn't just break even, but I'll probably use them there too.

I think Pepper market and Beaches offer the most bang for your buck.

I like them just for the prepaid factor and that we can split a voucher. We always split meals at WDW and always leave full. The times we did order our own we ended up throwing half the food away. The frugal side of me hates doing that!

hth! :)

maggiew
11-03-2004, 09:45 PM
We got a good deal at Lotus Blossom Cafe and Tangerine Cafe in EPCOT. Lotus Blossom lets you get an extra side item. We got the fried rice along with the entree.

Maggie

calypso*a*go-go
11-04-2004, 01:14 AM
I agree about MGM -- selection there is terrible! Definitely use them at Tangierine Cafe (Morocco) when visiting EPCOT. The rotiserie chicken is great and it comes with a large serving of rice and they usually let you get a side item as well. When we used the vouchers there they also let us choose from several different desserts.

We also used them at Pecos Bills in the MK. We ordered double bacon cheeseburgers, chili-cheese fries, large soda, and chocolate cream pie. We asked for extra buns which they included w/the voucher and didn't charge us separately for.

Our family of four used two vouchers w/each meal and always had plenty to eat.

tinkerbell13
11-04-2004, 10:08 AM
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=674460

I thought they were a great value and it was nice to have several meals already paid for. That way I didn't sweat those $$60-70 lunches at ESPN zone and Prime time cafe.

goofyforlife
11-04-2004, 10:11 AM
We got pretty good value at the Riverside at POR while we stayed there last year.

We usually got the chicken parmesan which is a large chicken breast with a big pile of spaghetti. They also have double bacon cheeseburgers too.

For a side we got an order of garlic sticks or side salad.

We got the best value from the bottled beverages from the refrig. case as your drink. (The would give us cups so we could split)

Here's the best part. They have banana splits which can feed 2-3 people.

(if you ask the cashier, they'll let you ring it up on your coupon and then come back to get it after you've finished your entree.)

We were usually able to feed 4 people with two vouchers.

We usually got about an $18-20 value for the voucher.

klwdisney
11-04-2004, 10:55 AM
What are Q&C's? :confused: I'm assuming it is some type of meal voucher but can you tell me a little more about them? How much? How do they work? This sounds intruiging! Thanks!! ::yes::

goofyforlife
11-04-2004, 11:02 AM
klwdisney

Look at the thread on the budget board for loads of info on these.

Feelin' Goofy
11-04-2004, 11:39 AM
A good deal but not the best (but the best place to eat) is Paco's Bill's IMHO.

Sweet_Thing
11-05-2004, 10:11 AM
Thanks so much for all that great information. I really appreciate it. The way I see it, the more money I can save - is what I can put towards the next Disney trip. We are all so wound up! DH, DD and DS are all counting the days....62 left :earsboy:

Thanks again. Have a Disney Day everyone :) You are all the best!!!!

Doodlebug939
11-06-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by goofyforlife
We got pretty good value at the Riverside at POR while we stayed there last year.

We usually got the chicken parmesan which is a large chicken breast with a big pile of spaghetti. They also have double bacon cheeseburgers too.

For a side we got an order of garlic sticks or side salad.

We got the best value from the bottled beverages from the refrig. case as your drink. (The would give us cups so we could split)

Here's the best part. They have banana splits which can feed 2-3 people.

(if you ask the cashier, they'll let you ring it up on your coupon and then come back to get it after you've finished your entree.)

We were usually able to feed 4 people with two vouchers.

We usually got about an $18-20 value for the voucher.

Thank you for your post. I am staying at POR this upcoming weekend and I never even thought to use my Q&C there because no one ever mentions using the vouchers there. I will have to go check it out. Thanks for the tip!!

CindyKansas
11-06-2004, 06:43 PM
We used 2 of ours at Pepper Market at Coronado Springs Wednesday night. DH and myself had the Ribeye Steak with Baked potato and he had apple cobbler for dessert and I had Ice Cream. DD just had some of my steak and potato. She's not a big eater. The bill came out to be $44 and all I did was hand the cashier 2 of the vouchers and she said thank you. It was a very good meal. We also used 2 at Beaches and Cream. We bought 2 of the roastbeef sandwiches, without the onions and peppers, I had onion rings, DH had french fries, DH had strawberry shortcake for dessert and DD and I shared the No Way Jose. We ended up spending $2.12 for DD's drink. Those 2 meals were probably some of the best we had this trip.

DMRick
11-06-2004, 07:35 PM
Remember at Peppermarket, you can also get the side salad and bread, even though your ribeye came with a side (and be sure to take your pickle!). Also, keep in mind the waiter only gets 10% there, so if you have good service, you might want to leave a little more.

We get the personal pizza at POR (with all the toppings we want!), and for a side, although you can get the side salad, you can also get the cheese/crackers/grapes. Great for bringing in the park the next day, or even for breakfast. I also get the large orange juice (and save it for breakfast, since I usually have a refillable mug) and pie ala mode..but we ask for the ice cream to be put in a to-go container..keeps it frozen longer. Comes to just under $20..and we share and still have plenty.

tarheelmjfan
11-06-2004, 08:58 PM
Interesting info. I didn't realize the Q & C voucher included any gratuities. I assumed we'd have to pay it all. How about Beaches & Cream? Is it the same? When I looked at my vouchers, I didn't see anything about gratuities on them. Thanks! :)

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

DMRick
11-06-2004, 11:44 PM
Yep, your tax and tip is included on what the cost of your meal would have been. I think it's on there, but I'm too lazy to get up and look :) That's why the waiters try to get you to order the most expensive items. For some reason, Peppermarket, even without a voucher adds your 10% tip right on yoru bill. If you are doing take-out, they will remove it..however when using vouchers the tip is 10%. Should be higher..they still bring our drinks and clean up our mess! B & C waiters get 15%.
Makes those vouchers more valuable, eh, when the tax and tip is included..those two items add almost 25% on to the cost of your meal.

ttfn3
11-07-2004, 08:23 AM
We recently returned from CSR and used 2 Q & C vouchers at the Pepper Market. They would not let us get an additional side with the Ribeye Steak since it came with sides. So, make sure you ask before you order. Yes, we saved money using vouchers at the Pepper Market but the food wasn't that great to make a special trip.

Our favorite place that we used the vouchers was Tangierine Cafe. We used one voucher and it feed 2 adults and our DS - age 8. We got the Chicken and Lamb Shawarma Platter which came with a generous serving of delicious chicken and lamb, hummus, tabbouleh and Tangierine CousCous salad with fresh Moroccan bread. We also got to pick out another side dish (we picked fries), a LARGE sprite and picked out a "chocolate" cake dessert- ours was a chocolate, peanut butter creation. The meal was VERY good - in fact, it was one of our best meals foodwise the whole trip. The CM there were very nice. Our fries were cold so they made us a fresh batch and brought them out to our table.

swilshire
11-07-2004, 09:21 AM
Pepper Market is our family's favorite because of the variety. I can get TexMex, husband can get steak, daughter can get pasta. We sometimes use three vouchers for six just to order the different things. Always leave with tons of leftovers.

Sheila

DMRick
11-07-2004, 09:47 AM
They would not let us get an additional side Things do change, so always ask. However, although they wouldnt' let us get "other" sides, they have always let us get the salad and bread. They said no to you getting the salad?

tarheelmjfan
11-07-2004, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the info. :) I had no idea! Now I can tell my DH there's another good reason why I practically live on here. :tongue:

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Franne
11-07-2004, 02:01 PM
We just got back and used 3 of them at Beachers and cream. What a bargain, the price on the bill was $48 then we would have left a $10 tip so the total would have been $58. We only paid $34.50, what a deal!
As an aside, the food was great, huge portions! I got a Chicken Ceasar salad, my husband got a Roast Beef Sub and my daughter got a burger. I think what makes this meal is the dessert, you get to pick anything you want, except the kitchen sink. It was really well worth it!