PDA

View Full Version : ouch ouch ouch - sugar headache

newholiday
11-03-2004, 05:25 AM
I completely forgot about this - the sugar headache!
thank goodness that "eating well through the holidays" meeting is tomorrow night - think Im gonna need it

nativetxn
11-03-2004, 09:53 AM
I haven't eaten sugar in so long I know it would make me ill.

Be sure and share what you learn at that meeting with us :)

sm4987
11-03-2004, 12:26 PM
I can lick my fingers if it has syrup or any kind of real sugar in it and almost gag!!! I too want to know about eating well through the holidays

MelanieC
11-03-2004, 01:13 PM
I'm trying to get back on track and I got a really horrible headache yesterday that I attribute to going cold turkey on caffeine and sugars.

They really hurt. Once you get it out of your system, it makes it so much easier to keep it out for this very reason.

Have fun at your meeting tomorrow night and be sure to take notes and let us know of any great ideas or thoughts!

Lisa loves Pooh
11-04-2004, 05:59 AM
Good luck--

I did South Beach Diet prior to marathon training--lost my 13 pounds :) Kicking the sugar habit was the worst--2 weeks without sugar of any kind (no bread, syrups, fruits or the evil stuff). I was miserable for 5 days...You are simply Detoxing your body.

It can be done--if the headaches are severe--try taking a tylenol or whatever you usually would for headaches.

With training in high gear--I have picked back up the old habits--though my taste buds have changed--so they aren't as bad as before. However, I am kicking sugar to the curb again--this time I didn't notice headaches. This will be the 3rd day without sweets..though I still have my breads and such.