PDA

View Full Version : AAARRGGGH! Ebay buyer vent!

Cindy B
11-03-2004, 05:11 AM
WE have been selling computers and electronics for a long time on Ebay. We have sold Playstation games, Xbox games, laptops, computers without incident.

I sold a Pirates of the Carribbean Xbox game that my son only played with once, and hated it. (we found out that he doesn't like RPG !)

We tested the CD, and it works prior to sale.

We sold it for $12/ $3.85 shipping (I think we may have charge $4, but we did not use the Priority mail envies!)

We get this nasty email stating that the buyer (who has never used an Xbox game/unit before) that it pauses.

Well, the pauses are common because of the graphics, and we sent a email with references to the game manufacturer for this. Sometimes the Xbox laser reads CDs wrong, and you need to use a CD cleaner on the Xbox.

We told her to clean it, and clean the Xbox and go on.

We don't do returns, since we have gotten burned with people trying to replace things, and our TOS clearly state "AS IS". We don't want to get horrible stuff replaced returned to us, after that happened once we don't do that.

Well anyway, she never responded to our email and went straight to Square Trade accusing us of pirate software. First off, that doesn't work in an Xbox-- I have never seen that occur- so this person has no idea what she is talking about. We have owned the Xbox for over 3 years, and have never seen that.

I don't think this person knows how to play the game, and is trying to return it.

DaddyDon
11-03-2004, 06:00 AM
It is a shame that for all the good e-bayer's out there it only takes one to put a bad taste in ones mouth.Keep your head up :D I hope you kept a record of all your e-mails so you can dispute this person,Good Luck!

Cindy B
11-03-2004, 07:44 AM
Well, they only emailed once, and DH responded with some instructions.

The next communication we received was Square Trade!

AAARRRGGHH!

PatMcDuck
11-03-2004, 08:21 AM
I know PS2 has those pauses as well, Esp in RPGs....... my sons prefer the RPGs over all other types (teens).