PDA

View Full Version : Question about Gameboy sale

welovedisneyx4
11-02-2004, 01:15 PM
I was wondering if anyone remembered from last year if there were any Black Friday or any other big or special sales on Gameboys. We are getting DD one for Christmas and would love to find a good deal on it. I am excited that the price came down 20.00 from last year, but I want more!!!! LOL!

buzz2400
11-02-2004, 01:25 PM
I believe last year some stores had a package deal that if you buy a gameboy you would get a certain game with it but it was about the same price as if you would buy a game and gameboy. Usually with electronic games, no one goes down on their prices. What you could do is buy the gameboy now for the price of $80 and you can always return it if you find it cheaper somewhere that way you make sure you have it for the holidays. do the same with the games. By christmas it is very hard to find any of the popular games.

welovedisneyx4
11-02-2004, 01:27 PM
Thanks buzz2400, that is good advice that hadn't crossed my mind right now.

MommyBoo!
11-02-2004, 01:32 PM
The price came down because they are coming out with a new version on November 21. Once that is released, maybe they will go down more.

We already preordered the new one for ds (his birthday is the 21) and are turning in his old one plus a few games he doesn't want anymore for a credit (75.00) towards the new one.

I don't know if you have a meijers near you, but they usually have really good video game software thanksgiving day and black friday specials. They might run a good special on the gameboy too.

kilee
11-02-2004, 03:24 PM
I didn't know they were coming out with a new one. I've been racking my brain for gifts for DS (11) for this holiday. He loves his gameboy SP-- may be time for an upgrade.

DianaPrincessofWales
11-02-2004, 03:33 PM
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I know I saw a GameBoy Advance last Black Friday for 45$ (it could have been the regular one, but I didn't care). I remember this because I was not able to go shopping and I was majorly bummed!!:mad:

This was at Walmart. I picked up my mail on Monday after Thanksgiving week-end and read about it!! I hate seeing all the deals I missed!:eek:

MCazer
11-02-2004, 03:39 PM
Just an FYI, Toys R Us is running a special right now.

GameBoy Advance SP, Starter Kit and Tony Harks Underground for $89. Spend over $75, get a $10 gift card for free!

You can do it online too, and I believe it is free shipping too!

I went to the store yesterday!

So, in effect, you get it all for $79 plus tax!

Here is what the website says:

Special Offer: Qualify for a $10 promotional certificate good toward a future purchase when you spend $75 or more on toys and video games offered by Toysrus.com or Imaginarium.com. We'll e-mail you the promotional certificate 6 to 8 weeks after your order ships. See restrictions. (at the store you get a gift card right then and there!)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/feature/-/545865/102-5613849-5712159

Save $50 on the Game Boy Advance SP Value Pack

For a limited time, save $50 when you buy a Game Boy Advance SP system, a starter kit, and the Tony Hawk's Underground 2 video game from Toysrus.com. If Toysrus.com is not the seller, this will be noted on the product detail page. Follow the directions below and then enter promotional code RTHGBASPVPSK at checkout. While supplies last. Offer expires on November 6, 2004.

How to Receive Your $50 Savings

Add one of the Game Boy Advance SP systems shown below to your Shopping Cart.
Add one Game Boy Advance SP starter kit in platinum, cobalt/indigo, or red to your Shopping Cart.
Add the Tony Hawk's Underground 2 video game to your Shopping Cart.
Proceed to checkout and enter promotional code RTHGBASPVPSK in the field at the bottom of the "Select a payment method" page or on the final checkout page. The $50 savings will be deducted from your order total.

See more details on redeeming promotional codes

MommyBoo!
11-02-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by kilee
I didn't know they were coming out with a new one. I've been racking my brain for gifts for DS (11) for this holiday. He loves his gameboy SP-- may be time for an upgrade.

Here's the link:

Nintendo DS (http://www.nintendo.com/ds/index.jsp)

If you preorder the system, preorder a game or two also, especially if he likes the Mario games. I understand the Mario game is likely to go fast.

bassoongirl
11-02-2004, 07:56 PM
MCazer,

Thanks for the information about the Gameboy SP special at Toys 'R Us. I just ordered the package for my DS for Christmas. He has been wanting the Gameboy SP for a long time. I don't know if he will like the Tony Hawk game, but he can try it out and see what he thinks.

Thanks again!

Gayl