PDA

View Full Version : Can black friday sale items be bought online?

goodstarr
11-02-2004, 03:02 AM
And if you can purchase them online, when does the sale "time" start (midnight, when the stores open, etc.?). Thanks

disneysnowflake
11-02-2004, 04:37 AM
I think it depends on the store.
Last year my son got strept throat on Thanksgiving night. DH had to work the day after Thanksgiving, so I couldn't shop in stores for Black Friday.
I did get to shop online. I didn't even have to get out of my pjs.
Toys R Us had their black Friday sales online (except for the ones in their flyer that were marked as in store only). I bought there. I got some toys.
Best Buy had their black Friday sales online. I bought from there. I got some video games.
I bought from a few other stores, too, but I can't remember which ones. I started shopping around 6am my time, but I'm not sure when the sales actually start. I've never purchased a big ticket item online, and never bought anything that would cost a lot to ship.

I got all my black Friday shopping done at home, took a shower, got DS to the doctor at 9am, and everything went well. :) I'm going to be online Black Friday shopping again this year.

goodstarr
11-02-2004, 05:18 AM
Thanks a lot, Snowflake. I'll be working Thanksgiving night and want to order online at work (shhhh, don't tell;) )

Trixiezzz
11-02-2004, 08:18 AM
I did the same thing last year!

Couldn't make it out to shop so I did most of my toy shopping online at Toysrus and they had FREE SHIPPING! Later, i found out that I had been able to get some things that my local store had sold out of ~ so I did better!

Doodlebug939
11-02-2004, 08:35 AM
I was able to get some great deals at Toyrus.com and Bestbuy.com last year. Both of them weer up on Thanksgiving afternoon. (That was the first time I checked) I was able to get some great deals for the kids and relaxed with the family.

Although I will be the first one to admit that I LOVE getting up at 5 am on Black Friday to do some shopping. I dont know why but I love the rush. (I never did the drug thing so I guess this is my high). But this past year it was nice to know that most of what I wanted was being shipped home and I didnt have to make a made dash for anything.

I am sure that people will post as they hear about Black Friday ads. I am so excited!!!!

PooohBear
11-02-2004, 10:52 AM
Can any of you online black friday shoppers tell me if you can get the "early bird specials" on line too ???? And is everything in the sale adds available on-line also ?? :hyper:

princesspumpkin
11-02-2004, 06:57 PM
I'd like to know the answer to the early bird question too.

eeyore kelly
11-02-2004, 08:12 PM
I'd like to know the answer to the early bird question too

ME too!!::yes::

S. C.
11-02-2004, 10:48 PM
Me three! ::yes:: :)

Cindy B
11-03-2004, 03:56 AM
Yes! I've done online with Best Buy, and gotten the same deal online, than dealing with the store mess.

Granted, it was a small item, not a large limited quantity item.