PDA

View Full Version : Decorations on balcony...yes or no

Lesley
11-01-2004, 09:33 PM
Just wondering what everyone really thinks about decorations on the balconies of our DVC resorts...for whatever holidays. I'm talking about lights mainly....since I've never really seen anything beyond that....but I thought an anonymous poll might be interesting.

CaptainMidnight
11-01-2004, 10:05 PM
Do undies and swimsuits hung out to dry and our confederate flag beach towels count as decorations?:)

Lesley
11-01-2004, 11:35 PM
LOL...no, I don't count those as decorations! But I guess that would change the poll wouldn't it?

I purposely didn't include words like "tasteful" or ones that involve a subjective evaluation....since there is so much variation in how folks see these things.

Just a basic, general...do you like seeing lights and/or holiday decorations on others' balconies, do you prefer just the decorations done by the resorts, or do you have no preference.

dianeschlicht
11-02-2004, 08:10 AM
I especially like the holiday lights people use at OKW. It really adds to the holiday feel of the resort.

JimC
11-02-2004, 04:46 PM
Neutral. They are nice, but Disney is not short on holiday decorations. If folks enjoy them and they are not a hazard or in poor taste, then it is fine with me.

bobbiwoz
11-02-2004, 05:05 PM
If I had children in a stroller and walked around at night, I think that lights on the balconies at OKW would look very much like home. We've only stayed at OKW once, and from what I remember, the balconies aren't on the road side, so maybe they wouldn't be seen by many.

One of my fondest Christmas-time memories is walking around the apartments where we lived in Hamilton Township NJ and just seeing the lights on the balconies. Cheap "date" and the boys were entertained.

Bobbi:D

CRSNDSNY
11-03-2004, 09:09 AM
Personally, I think the resorts are beautifully decorated for the holidays on their own. I'd just stick to decorating the inside.

But it's JMO.

ENJOY YOUR TRIP!

dianeschlicht
11-03-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by bobbiwoz
If I had children in a stroller and walked around at night, I think that lights on the balconies at OKW would look very much like home. We've only stayed at OKW once, and from what I remember, the balconies aren't on the road side, so maybe they wouldn't be seen by many.

One of my fondest Christmas-time memories is walking around the apartments where we lived in Hamilton Township NJ and just seeing the lights on the balconies. Cheap "date" and the boys were entertained.

Bobbi:D
Actually, the balcony lights can be seen from anywhere. Since OKW has very subdued decorations for the holidays, I find the decorated balconys to be part of the charm.