PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back- I think Posting here is the Key

MelanieC
11-01-2004, 11:24 AM
Hey guys,

Boy do I miss everyone here. I've been so busy lately with work and cheerleading (we moved on again this year to the Regional Championships!!-Next Stop Disney!)

But no matter how busy I am, I didn't let that become an excuse last year. I just don't understand How I could allow myself to make goal and then slip. Today was the IT for me. I weighed myself and I hit 150.2. How did I let this happen?????

So this morning it's back on track. I am about to go get some OP foods and have a sandwich at Subway for lunch. I go to Disney in 3 weeks for 2 weeks, and I know if I don't get it under control now before I go it will be so out of control when I come back.

What I need are my WISH friends. You were my inspiration last year, and I know I can get back on track if I make the effort to come post. I think it's the failure and humiliation that keeps me away.

Thanks for listening, and thanks for taking me back.

disneyfan551
11-01-2004, 11:40 AM
So glad to have you back!!! I've been wondering where you were! ;) Actually, I even just posted a message to you on another thread, asking how you counted points on the deli sandwich you had at Pizzafari!

Don't stay away from the WISH board, because you are NOT a failure! You are in the right place, we are all here to help each other. At least you have realized where you are, and where you need to go from here. There is no turning back! You have done so well losing your weight on WW, and I have always found you to be an inspiration!

Keep up the great work, and you'll be back on track in no time! Hang in there sweetie!! :hug:

maryliz
11-01-2004, 11:55 AM
Hi Melanie! Welcome back. I too have not been following program for quite a while, and the scales are showing it. :rolleyes: I understand when you say about "having the time" being a factor ... I only get a chance to post here on WISH on the marathon training thread and that's it. I feel out of touch with all of my WISH friends, but I also know that when I need a good pick-me-up, or a hug, or a kick-in-the-behind, my good 'ole WISH friends will always be here.

I know you'll be back to goal in no time ::yes:: and by doing so, you'll be giving the rest of us some much needed inspiration. That's awesome that your cheerleaders are doing so well again this year.

Glad to see you again!

Mary-Liz

geetey
11-01-2004, 01:50 PM
Hi Melanie!

I have been slowly easing myself back into things. I am focused on my marathon training, just like MaryLiz, but the food stuff has gone by the wayside, and it definitely shows. :rolleyes: :o I really need to get back to *losing*! I have my excuses - medical issues, moving from one state to another, losing my gym, etc... but enough is enough, and I am trying to get back on track!

I am glad to have you back on the WISH boards as I always found you to be a great source of information! Together we can do this!!

Welcome back!! :wave:

WebmasterKathy
11-01-2004, 02:14 PM
Mel!!! It's good to see you here!

I've also lost a lot of the momentum I had last year. You guys were my strength, and I really slipped when I started coasting and stopped "living" WISH...

and Terry!!! :hug:

It's like a little family reunion.

Tell you what- come to WISH chat tonight (9 pm eastern), and we'll kick each other back onto program. :sunny:

nativetxn
11-01-2004, 02:40 PM
Welcome back, Mel. I've been missing from chat for too long, myself. Haven't gained, fortunately.

Let's make a pact to visit WISH everyday, okay? I find WISH so inspirational.

geetey
11-01-2004, 05:56 PM
KATHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi!! :wave2: :wave: :wave2: :wave:

What happened and how did you become invisible??

I shall try very hard to make it to WISH chat tonight. Mondays have become a bad night for me, and I get tired early, but I would love to chat with you! It's been toooo long! :hug: :hug:

PartyofSix
11-01-2004, 07:02 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say hi to all my friends! It's so good to see all of you posting on one thread! I too have been like Meliane and have been maintaining very well until this past month. We had a disney trip, universal trip and a trip to bike weekend in daytona! OMG October was HUGE for us in more ways than one. I have 10 lbs that i want very much to GO AWAY. I have started today eating like my old ways but it's so tough once your in maintain and feel like you can eat all the things you love alittle more often again. Then to go back to really cutting back so the weight gets off is really hard! This is the first time i've had a real challenge after trips. I have a party to go to in two weeks and i'm hoping most of this extra is gone by then so i'm gonna be esp. careful. I will be coming back to WISH more often i miss you guys!

WebmasterKathy
11-01-2004, 07:14 PM
TAMMY!!!! HUGS!!!!!

lmhall2000
11-01-2004, 09:53 PM
"We are FAMILY! I've got all my girlfriends with me!!" What a great reunion thread! Tammy, surprise surprise I lost 10 pounds last week!!!! YEAH!!! (Well, those are induction pounds..but I'll take it!) I still can't fit back into your size 14 jeans! UGH...but very close! :)

All of you guys! Let's keep up the good "get back in there and fight that chicken fat" and keep it slow and steady...we'll get there! I miss all Native Txn's translations of fat...how many sticks of butter did I lose?

Come on gals..and we did have a few guys last year..where's snackystacky Dan? and a few others? Hope their hanging on and keeping fit....I'm back and in the saddle!

ONWARDS & DOWNWARDS GANG!
Tara

MelanieC
11-02-2004, 09:42 AM
Sorry I missed chat last night. We went to Friday's for Dinner (did great- had a BBQ salad with no dressing) and tomato soup. Because of the time change we got home at 7pm and it felt like 9pm. Kids are off today because of election so we had "family night" and watched a movie. I fell asleep before 8pm. I needed the sleep though!

Doing well today! YEAH. Had an apple a bit ago for a snack and dying to have my PB & Jelly sandwich I made for lunch. It's like I forgot what to eat!! Getting back on track is tough and I am taking it one day at a time.

I think I will start a 1 day at a time thread for those of us climbing back on the wagon.

It's great to see all these familiar faces posting. Let's keep it up!

ZerasPride
11-02-2004, 02:43 PM
Melanie - welcome back! It's good to see you and so many others posting again.

I've been in a sort of limbo state for the past couple of months myself. I haven't stopped losing, just doing so painfully slowly. I'm going to recommit myself to attacking these last 40+ pounds they I did the first 86!

Blueeyes101817
11-03-2004, 05:32 AM
i think you are right about this board...I posted last week , discouraged,,,,i was seriously ready to quit curves..and everyone talked me out of it...its what i needed, i went back again :) SO now i think im going to try to come back and start posting