PDA

View Full Version : Paypal question!!! Help!

remyandhollandsmommy
11-01-2004, 10:18 AM
I upgraded my paypal account to a Premier to accept credit card payments on my ebay selling. The problem is when I try to pay for something with my credit card, it only gives me the option to use my existing funds or an echeck. Can I still use my credit card and if so, how do I do it?? Please help!!!

my3kids
11-01-2004, 10:49 AM
Same thing happened to me. Seems so weird that when you upgrade to accept credit cards, you lose the right ot pay with a credit card.

DianeV
11-01-2004, 12:31 PM
I believe you can pay with a credit card on file if you get your paypal account balance to zero..

disneychrista
11-01-2004, 04:16 PM
Yes my understanding is that if you have a balance you have to use this first.

The solution is to simply sweep your account before you go to buy.

Lollipop Mom
11-01-2004, 07:02 PM
You are allowed to have one business and one personal account in your name. I don't mind using my available balance for small purchases but if I buy something that is more expensive (like $50 or more), I want my credit card protection. Since I sell on ebay too I usually have $ in my paypal account. If I want to use my credit card, I just sweep everything into my personal account, pay with my credit card and log out. Then I log into my personal account and refund the payment.

It's a pain in the rear but if I don't want to dump the money to my checking account, it's my only option.

It does stink that they make you do that, though.