PDA

View Full Version : USPS Carrier Pickup

PooohBear
10-30-2004, 01:42 PM
For all you E-bay sellers out there, do you use this service ?! I was looking at the website and it seems to good to be true !
If I have 20 packages, my carrier can come pick them up for free ???? do you schedule a time or ??? TIA for any help !!!!

maillady
10-30-2004, 10:52 PM
I am a mail carrier. We pick up all packages with postage applied only at your regular delivery time at no charge. No notification is necessary, just give them to your carrier. If you request a pick up through the internet there is a charge of $6.00. We have picked up as many as 30 at a time. Some of my customers just leave them on their porch for me. I would contact your carrier to let them know that you are interested in this service. Most are happy to accomodate. Hope this helps.

PooohBear
10-30-2004, 11:54 PM
Thanks maillady ! I don't think I would have the heart to give so many packages to my mail person!! where would they put them when they are just walking with their cart ?? :confused3

LuvN~Travel
10-31-2004, 09:42 AM
They'll just have to walk back to get their truck for the pickup.:)
Also, keep an eye out. Insurance for up to $200.00 is also going to be offered as well as the Delivery Confirmation on packages mailed through Ebay starting sometime in November.
Kim

maillady
11-01-2004, 06:19 PM
That is true. If your carrier has a truck, they just bring the truck to your house. If your carrier is on a walk out route where they do not have a truck at all, you will have to see how they are handling this. Each office is different. Some waive the $6.00. Some have you call. Some send a truck to your house after the carrier notifies them. I would still check into it if you are interested. We are going to great lengths these days to make it easier for the customer.

DianeV
11-01-2004, 06:45 PM
Actually the post office is now promoting that if you schedule advance pickup its free..a scheduled time pickup has a fee..and supposedly pickup on demand (like giving to your carrier) has a fee (although I doubt it is enforced)

Kellydelly
11-01-2004, 07:18 PM
My mail carrier goes door to door in my neighborhood and happens to park right in front of my house to deliver to my area. He goes right from my house back to his truck to get another batch of mail. I still feel guilty leaving packages for him to take, though. And I mostly sell kid's clothing so my packages are small and light. I often drive up to the corner and leave my packages in a PO drop box if I have more than one.

Donna
11-01-2004, 07:24 PM
I request (as opposed to schedule) my pick ups on the internet USPS site. It is free. If you "schedule" a certain time, that is when you pay. You really can't beat the great service. It will be especially nice once you can put that insurance on there. I currently do my insurance through stamps.com, its actually cheaper but you pay a monthly fee for stamps.com.