PDA

View Full Version : Booking Airline Ticket Questions

Godwyn
10-29-2004, 06:14 PM
I'm needing some help here. I'm planning me and my wife's first anniversary/honeymoon to Disney for April 25 - 30. This will be the first time for her but my 4th time there, but my first time booking flights. I always did the land/sea packages before where they did the air booking. I'm planning on taking Southwest since it has a nonstop flight from St. Louis (my wife hates flying, so the least amount of take offs and landing the better). I was checking the Southwest website for prices (I know they aren't booking for the time I'm going, but I'm just checking to get idea on rate) and they have different fares for the same flight. What is the difference between these fares (Refundable Anytime, Restricted Fares, Advance Purchase, Fun Fares)? There is a difference of $77 between the refundable one and the fun fare. Im going to be buying them in advance, showing up early for the flight, and will be round trip. I just want to make sure that we make it there and don't get bumped off the flight for the least amount of money as possible, being that we are on a tight budget.
Thanx for any advise you can give me.

DennisP
10-29-2004, 09:14 PM
In general, the refundable fares are more expensive than the non-refundable or restricted fares. I suggest visiting Southwest's web site and look for the rules regarding the different fares.

If you do get a low fare, you will not be bumped off the plane. Airlines generally reserve a certain amount of seats for each type of the fare classes. Passengers who book early will get the cheaper-priced seats.

Good Luck! ::yes::