PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa - payment online not available

got2travel
10-29-2004, 01:00 PM
My payment's due today. I went online to make it, but the system is down for maintenance because they are merging with Chase.

Anyway, when I call to ask that I not be charged the late fee, I was told that there were notices on the statements that the website would be down. I'm looking at my statement and nowhere on it does it say that.

Has anyone seen this note? I can't find it.

The rep I spoke with said I could make a payment on Monday then call and ask for an adjustment on the late fee, so I'm not too worried about that. But I'm still curious as to why I didn't see any notice.

nowellsl
10-29-2004, 01:16 PM
I didn't see it, but I haven't gotten my statement yet for this month. I didn't see it on my last statement. I pay mine online also, luckily it's not due anytime soon.

ksoehrlein
10-29-2004, 01:45 PM
There was a note on my statement. I had almost missed it, and thought it was almost sneaky that they were doing it at the end of the month. Think it was a way to garner more late fees and interest charges?

BethR
10-29-2004, 01:46 PM
Merging with Chase...interesting. ::yes::

I was just on the website on Monday and at that time it did not say anything about not being able to make transactions. I have not received my bill for this month yet, so I can't say whether anything was mentioned there, but I definately would see that any late fee assessed could be removed. That surely would not be a good way for Chase to start out their relationship with Disney VISA customers.

piglet33
10-29-2004, 01:51 PM
I pay all my credit cards, including this one, through mycheckfree.com so I don't have any problems if their sites are down. I like checkfree since it's free, and you can schedule your payment to be paid the day it's due and it's guaranteed to get there.

DeterminedOne
10-29-2004, 01:57 PM
I don't pay online but am on there all the time checking balances/ rewards. There was a message on the site indicating it would be down beginning 10/28 for maintenance. They should have sent something seperate to those who pay online. Hope this isn't the beginning of what it's like to do business with Chase.
But our trip is in thirteen days and we don't plan to use the card much after that.

momx2
10-29-2004, 02:19 PM
There was a note on the bottom of my bill this past month, but I too, almost missed it. I also thought it was kinda sneaky, since I would have freaked out if I missed it as I always pay online.
But then I was also sent an e-mail telling me about the problem, so I thought that was a good thing. Here's hoping no they waive the late fees.:D

BethR
10-29-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by piglet33
I pay all my credit cards, including this one, through mycheckfree.com so I don't have any problems if their sites are down. I like checkfree since it's free, and you can schedule your payment to be paid the day it's due and it's guaranteed to get there.

I had not seen the CheckFree logo on the Disney VISA site, so I did not know that you could use it there. I use MyCheckFree for my Gas and Electric bills. I will have to look further at their site to see if there are others that I can pay through there.

Usually it is not a problem to make a payment on the Disney VISA site. What I do is reconcile my bill when I get it, and then set it up to make a payment on the due date. You can do that directly through the Disney VISA website as well...

BethR
10-29-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by DeterminedOne
There was a message on the site indicating it would be down beginning 10/28 for maintenance.

I was just there on Monday the 25th to sign up for the Movie Screening and I did not notice anything then. I noticed my balance, but I may have missed the message about the site being worked later this week. :confused:

BethR
10-29-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by momx2
I was also sent an e-mail telling me about the problem, so I thought that was a good thing.

I did not receive any e-mail, but perhaps this has something to do with when the bill is due? (Mine is not due until the middle of the month.) :confused: Or perhaps I am not signed up to get e-mails like that. I know that I get "Payment is Due" and "Payment Has Posted" e-mails. I know that you can pick and chose what kind of e-mails that you receive from the site...

got2travel
10-29-2004, 02:43 PM
Interesting, so some people saw the notice or got an email, but others did not. I must confess though, I don't always pay attention to all the fine print. I don't usually wait until the last minute to pay my bill either, but darn Disneyland trip got in the way. OH well.

I'm also very interested in how this merge with Chase will pan out. I've always avoided them before. I didn't like the fact that I have a pretty good credit rating but when I applied for a card with Chase, they gave me a $500 limit. I quickly cancelled with a letter explaining how insulted I was. Even as a college student I was never offered a card with so low a credit line.

LorieR
10-29-2004, 02:46 PM
I received two e-mails telling me about the shutdown from 10/28 to 11/1. I received the second e-mail on 10/21 as a reminder. Did not see any notices on the website but was not really looking. This is the first I heard of them merging with Chase though. Like Determined One, I will be going in 11 days and will probably not use the card much, if at all, after that. I have started using a Citi Dividends card that gives 5% back on supermarket purchases and 1% back on everything else. Will just try to keep those rewards in a separate account somewhere for our next trip :D

Lorie

Kevenswife2
10-29-2004, 04:45 PM
I received two e-mails also.

drgnfly30
10-29-2004, 05:30 PM
That surely would not be a good way for Chase to start out their relationship with Disney VISA customers.

I happen to work for the 'legacy' Chase company... I felt the need to comment because just about the ONLY thing that is going the way of Chase during this merger is the Chase name!!

Bank One's website is not accepting payments, etc. because Bank One is converting all of THEIR accounts to TSYS from FDR this weekend NOT because of the merger!!!

Chase is on the road to converting everything (from systems to policies) to Bank One's ways. Dozens of my Chase collegues have been laid off while I have heard little of layoffs on the Bank One side:( As the credit cards go we are still operating on different systems so "Chase" really has nothing to do with the manner in which the Bank One labeled cards are being serviced (the statement message issue) we are both operating on a 'business as usual' basis until our systems & account records are combined.

I'd be happy to try to answer any other questions!
Christine

Chesire
10-29-2004, 06:25 PM
I also received 2 emails warning the site would be down, but they didn't say why ...
The fact they are merging with chase is a good reason to get my current rewards and cancel my card :( Chase is the worst company I have ever encountered for reward benefits and I won't have anything to do with them.

DebbieB
10-29-2004, 08:51 PM
I got an e-mail a week or two ago.

My account closes around the 5th of the month and is due around the 30th. I usually go in around the 10th and schedule the payment for a couple days before it is due, that way I don't have to worry about forgetting it. One thing I like about their system is I can schedule the payment for a future date, alot of payment systems process it immediately.

j's m
10-29-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by LorieR
I received two e-mails telling me about the shutdown from 10/28 to 11/1. I received the second e-mail on 10/21 as a reminder. Did not see any notices on the website but was not really looking. This is the first I heard of them merging with Chase though. Like Determined One, I will be going in 11 days and will probably not use the card much, if at all, after that. I have started using a Citi Dividends card that gives 5% back on supermarket purchases and 1% back on everything else. Will just try to keep those rewards in a separate account somewhere for our next trip :D

Lorie

Lorie,

How do you like the Citi Dividends? We've been getting 2-3 pre-approved card apps a week from them. They've offered different bonuses including $ 100 back on purchases ($25 four times a year) and the 5%. I think I'll apply for one after our trip.

I haven't had any problems with my Chase Visa cards or their reward programs.

I did get 2 e-mails about the website being down, actually 4 e-mails, 2 for each of our accounts.

travellady
10-30-2004, 01:07 AM
I recall getting several emails as well. I forgot about it until I went to look at my account tonight and saw it wasn't available.

drgnfly30
10-30-2004, 08:07 AM
The fact they are merging with chase is a good reason to get my current rewards and cancel my card Chase is the worst company I have ever encountered for reward benefits and I won't have anything to do with them.

Not sure which reward benefit you are referring to but Chase does (did) limited reward/affinity programs (unlike BankOne & MBNA) so that when we did it, we could do it right... Sorry if you had a bad experience , But as I said in my previous post - Chase is mapping most of our policies etc.. to Bank One's ways - Not Chase's so I doubt any Disney Visa Card holders will experience any change in their service.
Christine

janette
10-30-2004, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by DebbieB
I got an e-mail a week or two ago.

My account closes around the 5th of the month and is due around the 30th. I usually go in around the 10th and schedule the payment for a couple days before it is due, that way I don't have to worry about forgetting it. One thing I like about their system is I can schedule the payment for a future date, alot of payment systems process it immediately.

::yes:: I like this about their system also. I schedule the payment when I get the statement so I don't have to remember.

georgina
10-30-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by j's m
Lorie,

How do you like the Citi Dividends? We've been getting 2-3 pre-approved card apps a week from them. They've offered different bonuses including $ 100 back on purchases ($25 four times a year) and the 5%. I think I'll apply for one after our trip.

I got a citibank dividend card this summer, and have already got a $60 reward check. I have instructed DH to only use it for gas, groceries, and drugstores to get the 5% back, because there is a $300 limit per year for the rewards. I know I spend more than enough on those categories to pass $300 in rewards, so I will continue to get 1% back on my other reward cards on any other purchases I make, and save the Citi one for the 5% categories.

travellady
11-01-2004, 06:07 PM
The site is still down. I thought it was supposed to be back up and running by today but still no go. Does anyone know what the end date was supposed to be for this upgrade? Must be a really big job they're working on since it's been down so long.

my3kids
11-01-2004, 06:40 PM
I also received emails about the system being down.

Anyway, I logged in this morning from the page I have bookmarked which is the direct log in page. Later in the day I couldn't access from that page and it said they were doing maintence. I clicked on the top left Disney logo and went to the Bank One page where I selected Log In and the account worked just fine and I was able to make a payment. Try that if you are still getting stuck.

jekjones1558
11-01-2004, 06:44 PM
The site is still down. I thought it was supposed to be back up and running by today but still no go. Does anyone know what the end date was supposed to be for this upgrade? Must be a really big job they're working on since it's been down so long.

I called tonight (10/1) and was told that the site will be back up tomorrow (10/2).

laurabelle
11-01-2004, 07:36 PM
I just got on the DV site, everything looked kosher. I made my payment last Tues. before the site went down and it was correct on the account info. Interesting note: they've raised my credit limit...

got2travel
11-01-2004, 10:29 PM
I was told it would be back today. I was not able to log on all day, but just got in now.

travellady
11-01-2004, 10:59 PM
I just gave it another try and got in and guess what, my credit limit has been raised as well. All the more to spend on my Disney Cruise and at WDW when we go in December :-) (oh, and all the more to pay back in January :-( after we've gone in December )

Chesire
11-02-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by drgnfly30
Not sure which reward benefit you are referring to but Chase does (did) limited reward/affinity programs (unlike BankOne & MBNA) so that when we did it, we could do it right... Sorry if you had a bad experience , But as I said in my previous post - Chase is mapping most of our policies etc.. to Bank One's ways - Not Chase's so I doubt any Disney Visa Card holders will experience any change in their service.
Christine

I hope you are right ... I have only had one Chase Credit Card (their airline one) and after they lied to me I would rather have nothing to do with them. Before I opened the card, i asked if I could use it for MCO (what a shock!) from my airport (RNO). They said sure. 18 months and a lot of miles later they said "No way." Turns out they don't fly out of my airport using reward miles and the closest is 8 hours away (I wouldn't have been as upset, if I didn't ask to make sure ahead of time!)
If they join with chase its back to Citibank for me.

travellady
11-03-2004, 07:36 PM
Well, it was down once again today. I tried again tonight as I wanted to make a payment and was able to get it.

But, the new credit limit is now back to my original. Looks like they figured out they made a mistake :-) I guess I won't have as much fun as I thought I was going to have on my cruise and at WDW in December :-(

drgnfly30
11-04-2004, 07:10 PM
I hope you are right ... I have only had one Chase Credit Card (their airline one) and after they lied to me I would rather have nothing to do with them. Before I opened the card, i asked if I could use it for MCO (what a shock!) from my airport (RNO). They said sure. 18 months and a lot of miles later they said "No way." Turns out they don't fly out of my airport using reward miles and the closest is 8 hours away (I wouldn't have been as upset, if I didn't ask to make sure ahead of time!)

Assuming that the problem was with a Continental One Pass redemption-The bank doesn't issue airline tickets or write the policies regarding what can be used where, they only service the credit card.. you accrue mileage each month & then each month we inform the Airline of the amount & they credit your rewards account. Any questions regarding your reward account & any restrictions for redemption would have been directed to the Airline not the Bank.

If they join with chase its back to Citibank for me.

Sorry but it's a done deal the credit card entities officially merged on 10/1.

Christine