PDA

View Full Version : Budget For 4 Adults&2 Kids

kg47610
10-28-2004, 10:25 PM
WHAT IS IT GONNA COST TO EAT ON AVERAGE A DAY FOR US?

crisi
10-29-2004, 06:32 AM
That completely depends. Are you eating counter service or sit down? Three meals or two. Big eaters or little eaters. Compulsive snackers or "Wouldn't recognize a popcorn cart." Big pop drinkers or "I'll bring in my own water." Alcohol consumers or teatotalers? Willing to share or "its my vacation, I want to order my own dinner?" Cook in the room or all meals at the parks? Are your two kids preschoolers or teenagers?

Menus can be found at www.allearsnet.com. We get reports from between $17 a day per person to over $100 a day per person. Realistically, a tight budget with room probably puts you around $25 per day per person, a more generous budget that would include some sit down meals $50.

kg47610
10-29-2004, 07:21 AM
me, hubby, 21dn,17dd,5dd,4dd, my 5 &4 dd's eat like birds! i was guessing around $20, a person- one night we will eat at the backyard bbq, which i know is $$$$$$$!!!!!!!

:earsboy: :earsgirl: ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo princess: princess:

Tigger&Belle
10-29-2004, 08:35 AM
Will you be eating counter service or sitdown? Will you eat any meals in the room?

When I travel with my 4yo and my sister we are very cheap eaters. We usually eat a light breakfast in the room and bring snacks into the park with us that are enough for a light lunch. We then eat one good meal, either a late lunch or a dinner. Could be sit down or counter serve, depending on the day. If we're hungry when we return to the room in the evening we're usually happy snacking there since we're so tired.

I went to WDW with my DH last month, though, and other than breakfast in the room, we ate a lot more (anything to keep my husband happy :teeth: ).

When we go anywhere with all our kids we spend a lot more $ since a couple of them are eating machines.

T&B

yecats
10-29-2004, 02:03 PM
This is a hard question to answer as I generally budget $50 per person per day for 3 meals/snacks if everything is bought at Disney.

General Budget:

$7-$8 for breakfast
$10 Counter service lunch
$27 buffet dinner (includes tip)
$5.00 snack

However, this saves money as well:
$7-8 for breakfast
$23 buffet lunch/tip (late usually around 2 or 2:30)
$10.00 little something from counter service for dinner or
less if just want a snack.

Budgeting works better if you eat breakfast in your room. Cereal, breakfast bars, poptarts, muffins and fruit can be easily pruchased offsite and stored in your room. Water, milk, juice and other snacks (chips, pretzels, candy) are also great to keep in room and take into the parks (really cuts cost down). $50 at a grocery store goes a lot farther than what breakfast will cost for 4 adults and 2 kids the length of the trip. Your best bet is to go for the later buffet lunch (say 2 p.m. most days). By that time your starving from walking the parks for awhile you'll be good and ready to eat a lot of food (get your money's worth) and be stuffed for a while after. I find that when I do this, I generally don't like heavy food and will just want someting lite around 7:00 at night.

I say worst case scenerio is to at least budget between $40 to $50 per person per day.

jfp0pat3
10-30-2004, 04:48 AM
The food prices in the parks and resorts can hit you big time; our last trip Memorial Day weekend 2004 we hit the heat wave and nearly blew all our money on bottled water!

We found a trick to dining was to have a good breakfast in our room or light counter service, a snack on the go around noon, and then an early dinner with priority seating. This worked out really well since our DD was 5 and started dragging around 4:00. PS times are easier to get if you request earlier than later. That gave us energy for evening fun in the parks when lots of other people were eating - or waiting in line for tables!