PDA

View Full Version : How do you handle weekends?

ErinInCT
10-27-2004, 01:24 PM
Do you suck it up and use points?

I can't justify the huge amount of points (VWL for example) for a Fri & Sat night stay. We just got back from a Sun - Fri stay & feel we need more time. I hate the idea of having to switch resorts but this time we are debating flying in on a Sat & staying offsite, heading "home" on Sun & checking out Fri & staying offsite Fri night (near the airport) & flying back on the next Sat.

Just curious as to what other people do?

pplasky
10-27-2004, 01:34 PM
We don't like the hassle of unpacking/repacking just to relocate for one night or maybe two. We usually check in early Sunday and check out Sat. We do use the points for the one weekend night(Fri). I am always amazed at people who stay one or two nights on cash then switch rooms for points and then switch back to cash(and change rooms again) at the end of the trip. To much hassle for me, but it really depends on your personality type.

jel0511
10-27-2004, 01:35 PM
We own enough points so we don't have to worry about it. I just think of the weekly amount I need (we own enough for 2 weeks) and that's what we have. It is a lot of points for the weekends, but the weekdays are a steal, so it evens out.

DebbieB
10-27-2004, 01:50 PM
The past 2 years I have paid cash for a Friday and/or Saturday night at OKW in May. I got a member discount or AP rate of around $300 for a 1 bedroom. It would have cost 48 points (per night). So that comes down to about $6.25 per point, which I think breaks about even considering initial cost of additional points plus maintenance. We did not have to change rooms either time. I don't want to commit to buying extra points right now, so this allows me to extend my trips by a night or two. Sunday to Thursday are 20 points each, Friday and Saturday are 48 each. Seems like too much of a surcharge for weekends. For our early December trip at BWV, I book it Saturday to Friday so that I only have 1 weekend night (very unlikely to get a cash night there).

queenof4hearts
10-27-2004, 01:51 PM
We definately don't switch for point value. Too much hassle. I did not buy DVC to continually try and save a few. I bought it to relax where we want to be!!

Instead of thinking how expensive the weekend pts. are I think how inexpensive the weeknights are!! It all equals out in the week's time. n the other hand if I go for 6 nights I try to make only one of those a weekend night, if possible.:tongue:

ctrabada
10-27-2004, 01:53 PM
I haven't booked yet but I bought enough to take weekend points into account. My vacations consist pretty much of a weekend here, a weekend there, and maybe 4-5 days too. So I pretty much bought enough to be able to handle my stays in the weekends.

I'm lucky, though, because I plan to stay at my parents on Fri night and save the points... they live in Orlando, only 15 minutes away from WDW.

Credit Man
10-27-2004, 01:58 PM
We usually do a 12 day stay so we are only there one weekend. we check in on Sunday and check out the following Friday.

RuthnPaul
10-27-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by pplasky
We don't like the hassle of unpacking/repacking just to relocate for one night or maybe two. I am always amazed at people who stay one or two nights on cash then switch rooms for points and then switch back to cash(and change rooms again) at the end of the trip. To much hassle for me...Am in total agreement with you! Seems like a waste of precious vacation time to switch rooms!

dianeschlicht
10-27-2004, 02:13 PM
We originally bought enough points to handle a week in a 2 bedroom. I didn't buy DVC to stay somewhere else for the weekend. Just this last week, we called last minute and got a studio for the weekend before our GV stay so we could get a bit better airfare. It cost us an extra 42 points, but it was worth it.

pjshaff
10-27-2004, 02:16 PM
Last year we did the Sun thru Thurs stay and felt we needed more time. So this year we are leaving Sat am(early) and checking into an OKW 1 br and paying the discounted DVC rate. We linked the ressies so we won't have to move.

We were booked at POP for that first night, but my DH suggested we bite the bullet and pay for OKW because he doesn't want to have to deal with moving and the 2 kids.(5.5 and 2.5 yo)

Pam:D

goofy4tink
10-27-2004, 02:57 PM
We bought enough points for a week in a one bedroom (sunday-sat.) Then bought more so we could do a two bedroom. Then I started getting greedy with my points and figured I could make two trips if I checked in on Sun and left on Fri. And I really enjoy staying at the other resorts. So, we stay someplace else on Sat. night...move to BWV on Sunday, stay until Fri and sometimes leave on Fri but sometimes stay until Sunday and move back to the original spot. We don't mind moving, having found it to work pretty well having Disney move our stuff for us. But, a lot of others don't like to move once they get there.

marzipan
10-27-2004, 03:11 PM
since we've only recently become members. With our many past visits, though, we've enjoyed a couple different resorts with each stay, so we are thinking we'll probably book a room at SoG (or one of their discounted rooms at other disney resorts) for at least one of our weekends. Our kids are good at packing, we aren't commandos so it doesn't take away precious park time, and it will probably make us appreciate the extra space at our home resort even more. Like I said though...only a plan and we may decide we never want to stay in anything but a 2br again.:tongue:

SoCalKDG
10-27-2004, 03:21 PM
Being from California, I'll always leave Saturday, getting to Florida late Saturday night. I'll stay cheap by the airport(or in a value onsite), with a small travel bag with some clothes to keep from unpacking all my luggage. I can't see burning points for this night, plus I want to check in early to get the best room. Sunday morning its check in time. From here I may vary as follows:

Option 1
Sunday to Friday at DVC, then I'll check into a moderate or Deluxe to try another resort for the 2 weekend days, then either leave Sunday, or check back into DVC for a couple more nights.

Option 2
Sunday to Friday at DVC, then I'll stay at Universal area for two days(getting front of line passes) or visit relatives for the weekend. Then either leave Sunday, or check back into DVC for a couple more nights.

Option 3
Sunday to Sunday at DVC, burning my points on the weekend.

3DisneyNUTS
10-27-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by ErinInCT

I can't justify the huge amount of points (VWL for example) for a Fri & Sat night stay. We just got back from a Sun - Fri stay & feel we need more time. I hate the idea of having to switch resorts but this time we are debating flying in on a Sat & staying offsite, heading "home" on Sun & checking out Fri & staying offsite Fri night (near the airport) & flying back on the next Sat.

we are switching resorts This is our test run this Nov BUT I would think we will probably splurge for at least one weekend night in the future I like the idea of many little trips instead of one big one. SO if we can get 3 weeks (5 nights) and have to pay cash for a night or two or get 2 weeks with a weekend night included that is probably how we will do it.
Steph

mom2rb
10-27-2004, 03:33 PM
DH loves the deluxe resorts so the plan is to move on Fri-Sat. We used the AP to get a great rate at AKL for our next trip. We are using points Fri-Sat. the first two days of our trip because we are bringing MIL and we need the room. She is leaving on Friday and we will move to AKL for the weekend.

Granny
10-27-2004, 04:12 PM

Pretty much so, yes! ::yes::

We think of points per week, not points per day and it makes it a lot easier. As you point out, a five day stay is pretty short, unless you live within a few hours of WDW.

We do stay off-site the night we arrive since we get there very late and we don't like to use points just to crash on a bed for a few hours. Also, I tend to agree that late night check-ins will get the "leftovers" in room selection if the resort is at full capacity.

ClarabelleCow
10-27-2004, 06:14 PM
WE have never done a stay more than 6 nights, so only one weekend night. In February, we are flying in on a Saturday, staying Sat and Sun at the Swan on Starwood points, then moving for 3 nights, I hate moving, but didn't want to burn the points up, this is kind of a bonus trip, I figure we get there SAturday mid day, we will be gone early sun morn and not return until late Sunday night, (daytona 500), will chill out Monday and do the switch then, and have Tues and Wed to visit a park, or not!, then leave Thurs. Ed

DVC-Don
10-27-2004, 06:21 PM
We made sure to purchase enough points so we just book a trip and forget about the weekend points difference.

Lexxiefern
10-27-2004, 06:25 PM
When we first bought in, I booked a studio for the weekend nights and then a 1 bedroom sun - fri. We did that twice and decided we really love the 1 bedroom so from now on we will be staying at the same resort for the whole trip (on points).

Also, my DH does not like taking long trips. He would rather take short weekend trips more often. So I get 1 or 2 week long trips and then 2 more weekend trips a year.

That means arriving on thursday leaving monday! It is probably the worst use of points, but oh well! If it means I get to go, then we are paying the higher weekend points!!

DBBN
10-27-2004, 06:58 PM
We've used points for weekend nights only once or twice since 1995. My preference is to make a cash reservation for the weekends (the member discount is almost always available) and use points for weekdays. We've NEVER been asked to move from one villa to another.

I don't see this method as burdensome...I see it as the best value and the best use of our points. For example my wife just returned from a "girls" trip to OKW when Saturday 10/16 in a 2 bedroom was $420 plus tax vs 56 points. We paid cash for that Saturday.

Once again one of the reasons we love DVC is the flexibility it offers us. We decide for ourselves what is best for us.

joepoe
10-27-2004, 07:13 PM
To each his/her own. We live in Chicago area so usually we go down for long weekends or a full week, and end up payinjg higher Fri-Sat points . We have 502 points, and we stay at OKW or BWV standard to conserve points.
Whatever people do to accomodate longer stays at WDW makes sense to me!

newholiday
10-27-2004, 07:17 PM
Oct 2-8 (sat-fri) we stayed at the VWL in a 1B - took almost 1yrs points - Followed by 2nights (Fri & Sat) at Caribbean Beach

next aug 18-21 (Th-Su, 3nights) we (DS & I) have PO/Riverside reserved before our 6night (Sun-Sat) at the VWL in a studio - using remainder of 04 pts

Cruelladeville
10-27-2004, 07:20 PM
It depends upon whether I am taking a short trip or a longer one, and if I have points left or not. I have 700 pts, but we take 3 or 4 trips per year, so I am really greedy and hoard my points. Normally, I arrive on Sunday, stay Sunday thru Fri on pts, pay cash for Fri-Sat, then stay part of the following week on pts before going home. I can usually get a one bedroom for about $250 on the AP, which is 33 pts. I rent out the 66 pts for $660, and pay $500 in cash if I have the pts available, but this year I am staying at Christmas for 10 nights, 10 nights at Easter, and 12 nights over the 4th of July(5 in a grand villa!!), so I have to pay cash on the weekends this year, and borrowed from 2006, too!:eek:

Disney Doll
10-27-2004, 08:16 PM
Usually we arrive on a Friday, stay Friday,Saturday, & Sunday night in another hotel where we have gotten a good rate(we like Coronado Springs). On Monday AM, we move to the DVC property, and check out on Friday.

I don't find moving to be a hassle...bell services takes care of it for you. I also like the idea of staying in 2 different resorts...kind of makes it seem like 2 different vacations.

We always finsh with the DVC property though, because to go to a regular hotel room from DVC is a letdown.

Happy Birthday Cat
10-27-2004, 09:19 PM
We live in New York so we always stay two weekends worth of nights. This Thanksgiving we are staying all of the time at DVC but many times we combine a trip to Universal for one of the weekends usually the first one (to take advantage of the front of line access), and then head to DVC for 7 more nights.

HBC

Peggy Sue
10-27-2004, 10:12 PM
living up north, with limited vacation time, we like to maximize our trips and usually fly down on a friday and stay about 10 nights..usually includes 4 weekend nights.

We've added on so we do not have to avoid weekend nights. Initially, we paid cash for the weekend nights and linked the reservations.

We've tried staying off site the first night, checking in the next day, but it all just seems to drag out the process so much.

This December we got an excellent rate at the AKL to stay conceriege..we always wanted to try the sunrise safari...so we booked a friday and saturday night..then moving to vwl for the remainder of our trip..looking forward to AKL...but not he move!!

Peggy Sue

jmatias
10-28-2004, 12:50 AM
Our January trip will be in a 2 bedroom at VWL from 1/22-29 via an II exchange. We needed a place for the night of 1/29 since we fly back on the 30th.

My first plan was to switch resorts since it will be 60 points for the 1 night since its a Saturday. The thought of using 60 points for 1 night bothered me:eek:

But...we decided to book the last night on points to avoid moving our family of 5....it was just the easier thing to do and we had exactly 60 points left from 2004.

WDWLVR
10-28-2004, 01:14 AM
We looked at buying enough points so that we could included weekends. That's what I love about DVC - the flexability to book what you want when. Do we get as much mileage out of our points as some? No, probably not. We do get a lot of enjoyment out of our points and that is why we bought in!

AnnaS
10-28-2004, 04:32 AM
We figure out how many nights we plan on staying (always 7 nights plus) and the xxx number of points and we are all set. We don't like switching either.

pat-rick
10-28-2004, 05:38 AM
I had read and could understand why people wanted to move to save points. That was until our trip last October where we had to move 2 times because our waitlist did not come through for the size room we wanted for the entire stay.
Never again, I would not do that willingly again. Pack, store, check for room, check for room, check for room, get room, unpack. What a waste of vacation time.

We purchased what we thought we needed, did an add-on within 2-3 week. New contracts a year later when we decided to do a Big Family Thanksgiving trip yearly. Estimated how long we wanted to stay and purchased to meet that need, including weekends.

FOTM_Ring_Bearer
10-28-2004, 06:05 AM
Last summer we arrived on July 1st, stayed at the CBR (AP rates) for 3 nights(Thurs-Sat) and moved to the BWV on Sunday the 4th for 5 nights.

Next summer we'll be driving down on Saturday. The current plan is to stay at the POR for one night and move over to the BWV for 6 nights. Provided my waitlist comes thru for Sunday. If I don't get Sunday at the BWV, then we'll spend 2 nights at the POR. I usually pack a suitcase that has everyones clothes for a couple days, that way we don't have to totally unpack. The more organized I am, the easier the move.

We only have 200 pts so we like to make the most of them. Although, we are staying over a Friday next year because we wanted that extra day!

eva
10-28-2004, 06:20 AM
We try to look at the total points for the stay, not points per night. We are going to be staying in a 1-bedroom at OKW this May and it is 196 points for the week. We will be staying Saturday to Saturday. I know that the 2 weekend days are nearly as much as the 5 weekdays, but we like to stay put for a trip that is only a week long. Years ago, when we only had 200 points, we did avoid weekends. That was one of the reasons that we added more points.

vernon
10-28-2004, 07:31 AM
I've done pretty much all of the above

I've used points for a weekend ( but it hurts LOL)

I've paid cash for a weekend (didn't find this ANY problem at all)

I've checked out to go to another Disney hotel, which was easy enough

I've flown in late on a Saturday night and stayed at a hotel near the airport. If all you're going to do is crash for the night I can't justify paying that number of points, plus I have fallen foul of the checking in late, it's all we have left sir, once before and whenever possible I will always check in early afternoon to make sure I don't get left with a dodgy room (smelled like an ashtray )again

I've checked out and gone to Universal for a couple of days. FOTL access is well worth the time used in checking in and out JMHO.

I look at it that a weekend where I can avoid using points is a 5 day stay midweek at another time. I can understand that many people can't be bothered to check out of their room, it's a personal thing, but I've never found it that much of an inconvenience that I wouldn't want to save $500+ by doing it.

MrsM
10-28-2004, 07:46 AM
We usually just suck it up! We have 4 children, so to stay in another resort we'd have to get 2 rooms anyway. I've considered paying the discounted DVC rate, but DH's argument is that since we've already paid so much for our points, we might as well use them instead of paying out more cash. (I asked about paying cash one Saturday night for our upcoming trip, and I think the discounted price for a 2 BR at VWL was $540.)

SStJean
10-28-2004, 09:30 AM
We also don't like packing up and moving. We just pay the points and enjoy the vacation. We are staying 1 Friday and 2 Saturdays this December. We had to borrow from next year, but we were splurging on a 2 br anyway, so it wasn't that big a deal.

Steve

db78
10-28-2004, 09:59 AM
We always stay Sunday through Saturday, less than a week is too little for us. But we pay one night cash on the weekend. So far, have always gotten the 25% cash discount for that night. It ends up being cheaper than points most times.

dvcmomdeh
10-28-2004, 10:07 AM
Our vacation plans always include 2 weeks at a time. We do one week at WDW and then switch for one week at Vero. We use the Friday and Saturday night for total relaxation from doing the parks and tour the local area. For example this next summer we will stay in a Grand Villa at OKW and on Friday check out and head to Vero to stay at a hotel and do our annual shopping at the outlets. It will be more difficult this summer as there will be the 2 adults and who knows how many teenagers. Plans change and maybe the other kids won't be able to go. Then the following Sunday we check into Vero into a Beach Cottage.

It depends on how you look at it from the beginning. If you see it as an inconvenience it will be. If you see it as an opportunity to do something new it can be fun.

But hey, the most important aspect of the whole trip is that I am not at work, nor am I in Indiana.

In need of sunshine,
Have a good day.:sunny:

ErinC
10-28-2004, 10:15 AM
We usually arrive late on Friday or early Sat. We always stay offsite or at another WDW property and check into DVC on Sun. and then stay through the following Sun. So we end up paying for one of the weekends but not the other. I like to end our stay at the DVC resort. The 1st weekend that we arrive, we do offsite stuff that we like to do (shopping, Bass Pro, eat at Joe's crab shack) or shop at DD Disney. On Sunday, we go to church, grocery shop and check in our DVC unit. On Monday we start hitting the parks. Maybe someday we will be able to add on and we won't have to work it out this way, but with only 170 points, you have to make the best of it. I also enjoy checking out other WDW resorts, that I have never stayed at. In Feb. , we'll stay at AKL before checking in to SSR. I'm really excited about staying there and I got a great code rate for a standard room( $119) , so it's not cutting into my budget that much. I always pack a seperate suitcase for the one night so that moving isn't that much of an issue.

OneMoreTry
10-28-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by DebbieB
The past 2 years I have paid cash for a Friday and/or Saturday night at OKW in May. I got a member discount or AP rate of around $300 for a 1 bedroom. It would have cost 48 points (per night). So that comes down to about $6.25 per point, which I think breaks about even considering initial cost of additional points plus maintenance.

It's too much work for us to switch. I pay cash if the "point-conversion" rate is advantageous and the cost is not too high.

d-r
10-28-2004, 12:40 PM
We have enough points to stay through weekends if we want to, but we don't always. Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't. I love the flexibility of dvc and the fact that you aren't locked in to a "week" but can book what you want. Sometimes it really doesn't make sense to use points - my example is always going to be the week after Easter, when a 2-bedroom at okw was 100 points, but we booked it for cash for >$360 including tax. I think it would have been a huge waste of points. I guess it is all relative. Also, sometimes it has been fun for us to get a stay in some where else for a few days. We've never had a trip where we only stayed somewhere for two days, but we've had trips where we stayed one place for three and another four four. But we used to do that before we ever had dvc points anyway. Of course other times we've stayed long weekends at dvc and used a lot of points - more points for a three night weekend stay than for a 5 night week day stay. The flexibility is great, espcially because we'll have the points a long time and our needs may change - they already have since we bought, and I know they will again. So it is wonderful that you don't always have to do the same thing every year. If you want to save some points, do the weekend at universal or animal kingdom lodge and enjoy it. Next year, do something different with the points you saved. It is all good. Enjoy your points and your vacation and do what you want.

AOPI57
10-28-2004, 03:39 PM
We stay at other Disney resorts on the weekends. I have never used points for a weekend stay. We love POFQ as it was one of the first on site resorts we stayed at so we usually stay there or POR. Plus we got a rate of $84 in August. We have also stayed at the Contemporary and the Swan and Dolphin. all at discounted rates. This way we get to experience many of the Disney Resorts.

DMDSTPRGIL
10-28-2004, 08:48 PM
We have also purchased more points to make up the differance.Now we have 654 points so that is doesn't seem to matter.But if we do plan to visit family while in Fl we always stay with them on a friday and saturday. I also have friends that stay for three or four weeks at a time. They check out on fridays and get a cheep hotel off site. I still thinks thats a pain if you are all setteled into a one bedroom and it's set up like home and now you have to pack up and leave,and do it a couple of times.I bite the bullett and in my mind it seems to even out.....

nakedbear
10-29-2004, 03:42 PM
I can't see for us paying cash to stay on weekends. I invested a lot in DVC, so the idea to pay cash for my accomodations seems like too much of an additional expense. My points based on what I paid for them, and the current MF, come out to about 6 dollars a point. No matter if I stay weekends, cruise, or disney collection, if the total points cost is less than using cash I feel I am using my points wisely. I bought DVC so I never have to pay for accomodations again . So far it is definitely paying for itself.
Just my 2 cents.

Divamomto3
10-29-2004, 03:46 PM
Well I'm new at this and never actually did it before, but my plan is to move to a cash ressie at a different resort for the weekend. I don't have enough for a 2 BR for an entire week, and I actually like to stay longer than a week anyway. I am dying to stay at all the deluxe resorts, so I"m happy to try it. However, this summer will be the first time I really do it, so maybe I'll hate it and need a new plan. As soon as I have more money saved up for it, I'd like to add on more points so that I have enough for an entire week if I don't want to move.

Pa@okw95
10-30-2004, 08:15 AM
We stay at the Hilton DD before we check into OKW and then again if we stay for a weekend. With me it is the principle of the thing rather than just the money. I have actually rented two rooms for the same day to avoid any check in hassle. Also Hilton allows you to stay after check out if you are willing to pay. I only used my points for one day on the weekend since being a member in 95 and that was because of guests. We love the Hilton anyway. It is right across the street from DD. I stay free at the Hilton at times also which is always nice. I am a gold member of Hilton Honnors and have a number of points saved to stay free. The one problem for me doing this is the check in process at WDW which I do my best to avoid.

drtpaper
10-30-2004, 08:43 AM
We usually get a 4 day weekend package off site to get ready for the move in to our DVC resort. We usually go to Seaworld and the water park for a day. You don't benefit much by going on site and then going to these parks. We also use it to get our grocery shopping done for our move on site. We use our extra points to get friends a room and we spend 5 full days in th park which is about all we can take. We have found great timeshare deals off site for $99 a night for two bedroom and we save enough for airfare and tickets over using Disney points.

jtiggercat
10-30-2004, 09:28 AM
Actually we used this method last time and have vowed to continue the practice. We depart the west coast on Saturday and get in late Saturday night. We stay at an airport hotel (using Priceline) and crawl into bed.

We sleep in a bit on Sunday and then take the rental car to the Disney store at the Outlet Mall and get groceries.

When we enter the happiest place on earth, we are well-rested, the travel stress has evaporated and we can fully immerse ourselves in the vacation. We don't emerge again until Friday night when we head back to an airport hotel. This last part works beautifully since most flights go out so early in the morning that taking a shuttle would require getting up at 3 a.m.. With an airport hotel, we can sleep a little longer.

jayne

kathleena
10-30-2004, 02:12 PM
We are staying Fri-Fri in a 2br at BCV next march. The total points is 350 and the Fri-Sat alone is 150. Yikes. That one really hurt, but so does going in March instead of May or Oct or Dec.

Anyway - I got over it. That's why we own 385 points. So we can get a 2br in the higher seasons if we want to, especially as the grandkids get older and can't be taken out of school.

I did call to see the DVC price on 2br and at around $790, it wasn't worth it - may as well pay the points. And with 6 people/2 kids we didn't want to move after more than one night. just too hard to pack everyone up.

dizfanz
10-30-2004, 02:18 PM
Fortunately, my wife and I are not long vacationers. We work in the restaurant industry and rely on busy Friday and Saturday nights. We like to leave on a Sunday or Monday and stay 4 or 5 days. It is just long enough for us to have fun, not use weekend points, and not miss Garrick and Molly, our 2 year old Labs, or DPs.(Disney pups);)

WDWJWEB1
11-01-2004, 09:11 AM
We purchased enough points for exactly this reason, we did not want to move around to save 10 points here or 15 points there! We usually go for 7 to 12 days and we use points weekends and all.

Although I could use some more points now that I think of it.(hee hee) ;)

Beachangel
11-01-2004, 11:06 AM

I suck it up and use the points.

EmptyNester
11-01-2004, 11:54 AM
We suck it up and use the points. Moving and/or paying cash is not worth the hassel (IMO), no matter how "easy" Disney makes it.

- Sharon

donaldbuzz&minnie
11-04-2004, 02:30 PM
We're new to DVC and at this point we are jealously guarding our points. Maybe later when we get sick of taking so many trips to Disney (yeah, right) we won't blanch at the idea of spending so many points on the weekend, but right now we're thinking that we will use our DVC points only on Sunday - Thursday, and experience other Disney resorts on the first night or 2 of our visits.

In Dec, we're going to the AKL for a couple of nights before moving to the BCV for 5 nights. In March our kids and grandkids will be flying from the west coast to meet us in Orlando, and we will stay off-site, but nearby, for the first night. My husband and I can do the grocery shopping on Saturday as we wait for the family to arrive. We'll go directly from the airport with everyone to a good night's sleep and get up early the next morning to drive onto Disney property for a character breakfast and the beginning of our vacation. I'm going to encourage my adult kids to pack a small overnight bag for the first night so they don't have to pull everything they own out from their big suitcases. Then everyone can really unpack on Sunday. I'm hoping that having a washer and a dryer will help us all by making it unnecessary to pack huge amounts of clothes for the week.

Maybe we'll change our minds after trying this system, but right now I'm excited about getting to try out a bunch of different Disney resorts (over the years) for a night or 2 before moving "home".
::MinnieMo