PDA

View Full Version : curves near disney?

Blueeyes101817
10-24-2004, 08:52 PM
Im not going until january, but i was just wondering if anyone knows if there is a curves near disney that i can go to..i know they have a vacation pass, so just wondering..thanks

Pea-n-Me
10-24-2004, 09:00 PM
Joining this thread to see the replies. I do love my Curves. :goodvibes

Blueeyes101817
10-24-2004, 09:06 PM
hi linda--welcome :) haha....i just started a couple of weeks ago, but i dont want to lose a whole week!

Pea-n-Me
10-24-2004, 09:20 PM
Happy Birthday a little late! My kids turned 7 on the 19th! It's a nice time of year for a birthday. How does it feel to be in your twenties?

I hope you like Curves as much as I do. I lost 22 inches in the first 5 months after joining. :cloud9: I got their Sweetheart Award last Valentine's Day and I've met a lot of nice people there, too. Make sure you go at least 3x/week to see the best results.

Blueeyes101817
10-24-2004, 09:45 PM
hi linda--again :)
i feel old....20 is boring....nothing exciting haha
i have been to curves 8 times and i get weighed and measured on saturday...i dont feel any different, so im afraid its not working...kinda nervous about that

can i ask when did u start seeing results ...and when did u do anything to help lose more?

Pea-n-Me
10-24-2004, 10:03 PM
Well I was pretty out of shape after being busy with twins and work for many years, didn't have much time for myself. So within a short period of time, maybe a few weeks, my clothes started fitting differently. Recently, I've gained a little weight but people still think I'm losing because Curves has changed the shape of my body. (And lately I haven't been going as much as I should). I've seen a few people come in REALLY out of shape and I've been amazed at their transformations. And I like the fact it's women of all ages, from teens to 80's! So plan on giving it at least six months, just stick with it. My sister joined and I don't see her much, I was pleasantly surprised to see she'd had the same results as me, her body had changed.

Oh yes, try to eat sensibly. I didn't diet, but seeing results motivated me to skip the things I knew I shouldn't eat. Well, OK, not all the time but most of the time ;) Good Luck.

wtpclc
10-25-2004, 04:55 PM
Jen - Give it at least 6 weeks. SOmetimes it takes a little while. For me , I went about 3 months with only seein gsmall changes and the ... BAM...I lost like 12 " inches in one month. Two weeks is just nt that much time yet. You'll get there!

By the way - 20 is not OLD or Boring! Enjoy it! I think I might have stayed at 22 forever if I could have, but I couldn't. I still act like I'm 8 at WDW, though!

Sorry, I usually don't have a car at WDW, so I have no idea about a Curves. Their website should have locations, though.

Blueeyes101817
10-25-2004, 08:20 PM
thanks guys..i know i just need to keep doing it..it just get frustrated whe ni see no results..i get measured saturday, so ill find out

LUVDSNY04
10-30-2004, 06:24 PM
Hi,
There is a Curves opening in Celebration . It might be opened already. I have a friend that lives in Celebration so I will ask her and let you know.

NCRedding
10-31-2004, 07:11 AM
If you go to curvesinternational.com, there is a link "Is there a Curves near me" which lets you check by zip code, state, etc.

quackattack
11-01-2004, 05:23 PM
Jen,
Sorry I can not be more specific but we just returned from our Disney vacation and I do remember seeing a Curves. DH and I think it was on the Eastgate side of Disney as that was the side we stayed on. That is the Eastgate side of Irlo Bronson Blvd (highway 192).
Again, I am sorry I can not be more specific but I hope that helps.
Rochelle

Blueeyes101817
11-01-2004, 08:30 PM
thanks guys!!