PDA

View Full Version : MVMCP...who wants to join us on the 2nd?

luvdsny
07-22-2001, 02:45 PM
If the dates don't change, there will be a MVMCP on Sunday, December 2nd. My family is thinking about doing the MVMCP on this night. Would anyone else like to join us? I hope so. :)

UPDATE 8-7-01: Everyone who is interested in joining us for dinner at Crystal Palace before MVMCP will be responsible for making their own PS's. Well meet around 5:00PM, so try to get your PS for as close to that time as possible. :)

UPDATE 7-24-01: Let's say we meet for dinner at the Crystal Palace around 5:00PM. ((someone noted that the hours for the MVMCP start at 7:00PM instead of 8:00PM this year.)) ((knowing that we'll still be waiting for DIS'ers at 5:15PM and 5:30PM. ;) ))

Crystal Palace Character Dinner Buffet Menu and Prices--first thread on page 2.

Harley Chick
07-22-2001, 06:48 PM
me, me, me, me, ME!!!!!! Oh, and DH too. ;)
Can't wait!

fostrmom2mny
07-23-2001, 07:55 AM
Oh, Luv!!!! I'm jumping up and down! Our group is planning on going that evening as well.
I hope the strategy will work out to be less crowded too :)
It will be me w/ my two girls:)

Oh, one more thing. Some of you know that I'm planning on this being an adoption celebration for my 12 yr old daughter. (If the red tape is all gone thru) I got two different calls last week. One of them told me that we were going to trial 9-10 for sure, then the next day, someone else told me that they have set up a mediation for us 8-14. Guess if the mediation goes well, there will be no need for the trial, but we have the date set for a trial if the mediation doesn't work out.
Gerri

Hey, are we going to try a PS for dinner together? If so, where?

luvdsny
07-23-2001, 04:14 PM
:wave: Hi Gerri. :wave:

Yes, I think we should make a decision about where we want to eat that night, because the 120 day mark is coming up on July 31st for the begining of the convention..... :eek:

I don't know what my options are....but I would vote for the place with the most open floor plan so as time goes by and more and more people decide to join us ( :D ) we'll be able to easily add people. Also, it will make for better meeting/conversing/etc.

Dan Murphy
07-23-2001, 04:59 PM
:wave:

Make PS in the park, as close to 6PM as you can. JMO. :)

TIGGERSMOM
07-23-2001, 05:12 PM
luv - US US US!!!

We are 8 and want to do MVMCP on 12/2 ao please please add us to the list!!

Do we know when tix will go on sale? This is one thing we have never been able to do in all our Disney years so won't miss it.

CatOne
07-23-2001, 05:19 PM
Well, I must admit that sounds like fun!! We are already planning to go on that date and would love to meet you all!! Can anyone participate in this meeting of the Dis? I am not familiar with convention rules:-)

CatOne:bounce: :bounce:

fostrmom2mny
07-23-2001, 05:41 PM
Yes, Cat. You could join up with us. The convention is over, and the MVMCP is seperate from it anyway.

Luv, I know that Crystal Palace is one place, and Liberty is too. I've never been to either, but by that time of my trip, I'll be getting low on funds so please, let's not find the MOST exspensive R. in Magic Kingdom :)
Gerri

laurenk
07-23-2001, 07:35 PM
That is the night that we are planning on going. We had such a GREAT time meeting everyone at our June meet, that I would love to be able to join you!!! There will be 4 of us. We planned on making a PS at either Crystal Palace or Liberty Tree at about 5:55pm to be able to be in the park when it reopens.

LMK the details
Lauren

luvdsny
07-23-2001, 10:32 PM
This is going to be great!!!! :) Let's see if we can round up some more between now and the beginning of August, then we'll get down right serious about making our PS arrangements.

Definitely don't want a spendy place....just some place to meet and greet before we hit MVMCP.... :bounce:

Yes, anyone and everyone is welcome. :) This is a non-convention event.....so come one, come all! :bounce:

ebutte
07-23-2001, 11:31 PM
Hey Tia, we were planning on doing 2 MVMCP while there and i talked to mom and she said that sounded great for that night. I dont know if you all know or not but they changed the hours this year. Last year it was ffrom 8pm till 1am. This year it's from 7pm till 12am. Im thinkiing if you all our planning to enjoy a chacter dinner like crystal palace a 6pm or 5:55 resveration is cutting it really close. Last year before MVMCP we had PS for 6pm and remember MVMCP didnt start till 8pm. We barely got outside on the front porch when they said go! Till you greet the chacters and eat and go potty, a one hour time might not do it. For those last year with earlier ps when they finished eating they were allowed to sit on the front porch just not go off of it. And for park ps's you can only make them 60 days out i think. Im thinking here a 5:15 ps time is good IMHO. But let us know who knows Tia we may all get stuck together on SM singing Christmas carols.LOL

Lisa {still missing my thing}

laurenk
07-24-2001, 05:28 AM
Lisa-
Thanks for that time info!!!! I amd 2 of my neighbors REALLY appreciate it. All of us though that it started at 8pm. Does that mean they are closing the park at 5pm?

luvdsny-
Any place is good with us to eat. I was just aiming at a Character meal to keep my kiddies happy. We had A GREAT time with Tigger at CP in June. Wouldn't mind Liberty Tree Tavern either. Are there characters at Dinner?

Why don't you post on RB? There will be alot of people in WDW at that time. We had 23 people at our June meet. It was a Wonderful, once in a lifetime experience!!!

luvdsny
07-24-2001, 11:03 AM
Great advice Lauren. Thanks. :) I'll post this on the RB, but will you help me keep it bumped over there because I don't get over there very often. :rolleyes: ;)

I think Crystal Palace would be fine (my kids and I would love that too!)...and yes, thank you Lisa for letting us know about the time change....that will definitely impact when we make our PS.

Should we just take the bull by the horns here and make some decisions! That way people will have all of the facts when trying to decide whether or not they can join us.

Good to know that that those can only be made 60 days out....gives us more time to figure this all out! LOL

:bounce: we're gonna have a ton o' fun..... :bounce:

ebutte
07-24-2001, 12:18 PM
Tia , i thinkyou should just go for it. The CP IMHO was better cause it was serve yourself and much more open. I figure the way the tables are lots could sit together and near each other. Plus IMHO kids love to pick there own food.
Im not sure what time the park will close but i imagine it will be close to 5pmbecause last year the park closed at 6pm with fireworks and MVMCP was at 8pm. But who knows Disney seems to like to keep us guessing. I think on 10/03 is when we can make PS for CP or LT should you all choose it.I sugest calling super early that morning, i found PS's around MVMCP a challange to get.

Lisa

PS did you all notice i got part of my thing back!! :] :]

luvdsny
07-24-2001, 02:29 PM
Thanks Lisa. I think I'll mark my calendar for October 3rd. Maybe several of us should call in just make sure we get a PS....???

fostrmom2mny
07-24-2001, 02:41 PM
I just went and checked out the Menu for Crystal Palace.

I'm so excited!! First this is a character Dinner Buffet, with Pooh, Piglet, and Eeyore.

The cost is $19.95 adults
$ 9.95 children

The menu includes:
Peel & Eat Shrimp

Assorted Cheeses

Tomato and Mozzarella Salad

Tuna Salad

Chicken Salad

Cole Slaw

Fruit Salad

Caesar Salad

Tossed Salad Fixings

Pasta Salad

Mixed Rolls -Rye, Wheat, White

BBQ Chicken

Seafood Caesar Pasta
Arroz Con Pallo (Chicken w/Rice and Tomatoes)

Chef Carved Ham

Chef Carved Prime Rib

Roasted Red Potatoes

Grilled Vegetables

Rice Medley

Kid's Buffet with Macaroni & Cheese, Chicken Nuggets, and Cheese Pizza

Ice Cream Sundae Bar

Brownies

Lemon Bars

Chocolate Chip, Sugar and Peanut Butter Cookies

Chocolate Torte

Strawberry and Coconut Cake

Cherry Cobbler

Chefs are happy to cater to your special dietary needs. Let the hostess know at the Podium and you can also talk to the Chef's at the Buffet.

This will be great to add to your post so folks will see what this is about, besides good people sharing good food :)
Gerri

luvdsny
07-24-2001, 02:46 PM
That sounds perfect!!! Thanks Gerri. :) :) :)

laurenk
07-24-2001, 08:27 PM
luvdsny-

LMK when you post on RB. I will keep the thread going. CP sounds good to me. Make a managerial (?) decision, and post the meet!!! Just let people know we will verify the time when we can get the PS secured.:)

luvdsny
07-24-2001, 08:44 PM
Hey Lauren.

I just tried to PM you, but your mailbox was full. :(

I hope you meant the Restaurants Board because that is where I put it. Thanks for helping me keep it bumped. :)

Tia

laurenk
07-24-2001, 09:34 PM
TOO funny!!! No, I meant the Resorts board, but I am sure a moderator will move it.

I just emptied my pm box, try again.:)

Barb
07-24-2001, 10:27 PM
Count me in, for sure! I may have one more. My mom is thinking of flying in that morning (12/2) so we can spend time together at WDW after the convention. Either CP or LTT is fine with me. A group of DIS people met at LTT last year before MVMCP. We ate at separate tables, but at the same time. It was a bit hard to talk to everyone. Maybe CP would work better, as it's basically one large room. I love the fact that we can enter the park right from the restaurant. So, put me down for one person, maybe two. Thanks for the offer, Tia! This sounds like a lot of fun! What a great way to continue the convention on our own!! :)

dudlee930
07-25-2001, 01:55 AM
i want to go too!!!!!!. oh no just remembered i will still be home in idaho oh well have a good time without me. he he derinda:eek:

RaySharpton
07-25-2001, 09:15 AM
I would really like to go to MVMCP and have dinner at Crystal Palace.

Please put me down as a definite confirmation for December 2nd.

Do we Buy our own MVMCP tickets?

Do we make our own Priority Seating reservations?

This sounds like a wonderful time to meet everyone.

Ray Sharpton:)

luvdsny
07-25-2001, 09:21 AM
:wave: Hi Derinda. :wave: And LOL. :p

Good questions Ray. Yes, we all need to buy our own MVMCP tix, but I'm not sure how the PS works.....do we make several PS's or do I just make one for a big group of us??? :confused: Who has done this before for a large group? Advice is welcomed. :)

LOL LaurenK....Hopefully someone will move it. :rolleyes: ;)

laurenk
07-25-2001, 09:47 AM
luvdsny-

HMMM! Good question. I am more apt to say each family make their own. You never know who will show up in the end. Lots of unforseen things can happen. But, on the other hand, how will we know that we can all get PS's at or near the same time.

Our June meet, we just met outside of PoC.

We should probably call dining and ask. What day do we have to make the PS on? We will just have a cut-off on that day.

luvdsny
07-25-2001, 11:08 AM
Lauren...I think Oct. 3rd is the date we can call in and make our PS. I'll double-check that soon. And I think a good back-up plan would be to meet DIS'ers at a specific ride in case some people don't want to do the dinner meet, but do want to meet for that night. :)

Question: How and When do we purchase the MVMCP tix? Last time our TA purchased them for us and added them to our pkg. At that time, we had never been before and didnt' know much about it.

laurenk
07-25-2001, 06:55 PM
Sounds good!!! I just can't handle my excitement right now. We ditched HRH, and have booked POLY for 5 nights and Beach Club for 4 nights. I am thru the roof!! I also booked my air today. Now the plotting and planning begins. During our June trip, I had our "perfect" itinerary. Of course it was shot the first day, but we had the best trip yet!!

luvdsny
07-25-2001, 07:21 PM
That's really great Lauren!!! :bounce:

I think that most of the fun is in planning those itinerarys......and I'm pretty sure most people's intinerarys go by the wayside.......but they're fun nonetheless. ;) Happy Planning. :)

Hey Lauren.....would you like to co-host this MVMCP/Dinner meet with me??? Please??? :D :D :D

((it's not like everyone else hasn't done all of the work so far anyways! :rolleyes: ;) ))

laurenk
07-26-2001, 06:34 AM
Sure Tia!

I don't know how my DH will feel. He thought we were nuts last time. Actually once he met everyone, he thought it was a great experience. He still couldn't get over the fact that we all, not knowing each other, met up. I asked a moderator to move the post, but you might have to, since it is your thread. ;)

luvdsny
07-26-2001, 09:27 AM
LOL about your DH. I will admit.....it is a bit odd that a bunch of strangers who 'met' over the internet ( :rolleyes: ) would get together to meet eachother! :eek: Isn't this the very thing that we warn others against??? LOL ;)

However, I've been to two very successful Boise DIS meets now, and I can personally say, that Yes, we are all weird....but only in good ways! ;) ;) ;)

disneycub
07-26-2001, 04:13 PM
Hey everybody!

Can I join you? Party of one?

laurenk
07-26-2001, 04:29 PM
Disneycub-
Hi! Of course you may join us!!!!:)

luvdsny
07-26-2001, 05:00 PM
It's official. I added this meet to the DIS Meets page. Please sign in there as well. It's easier to read than this thread...LOL ;) Thanks. :)

Magic Meetings Page (http://www.wdwinfo.com/meetlist.cfm)

Pumbaa_
07-26-2001, 05:06 PM
I added an extra night onto my trip just for the MVMCP! Would love to start it with dinner at the CP.. Put me down for 2!

Robin
07-27-2001, 10:11 AM
ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ....I wanna GO. Put me down for 3 people!

Barb
07-27-2001, 10:11 PM
So, now it's official. ;) ;) :D I'll be at the CP, on 12/2 before MVMCP!!;) :p

disneycub
07-27-2001, 10:16 PM
So now all we have to do is figure out WHEN Disney is putting the tickets on sale.

ebutte
07-28-2001, 04:15 PM
Wow lots of fun we are gonna have!! Man i need more coffee and i really need to work on my english!! I am bouncing out of my skin can anyone out there tell me how to make time go faster? Maybe i can just knock myself out till then.Well got to run DS is gonna dye his hair royal blue and i want to laugh at him.
Hey Tia Amibeth thinks your green bouncing things look llook like the little germs in one of her medical films. She thinks there cute.

luvdsny
07-29-2001, 12:15 AM
Who's Amibeth? And tell her I have to agree...they have always looked like little germs or sp*rms ( :eek: ) to me...LOL :D

ebutte
07-29-2001, 12:57 AM
Tia Amibeth is my 21 year old daughter. Hopefully someday we can Disney her. We took her may 2000 sshe had fun but didnt get her hooked,in fact she thinks our love for Disney is just a midlife crissis. Im thinking if she met someof you guys that might do it.

disneycub
07-29-2001, 10:24 AM
I am NOT going to touch that line, luvdsny. :eek: :earseek:

luvdsny
07-29-2001, 10:25 AM
Steve ;)

Pumbaa_
07-29-2001, 08:46 PM
How will this work? Should we all make our own PS reservations and hook up inside? Or will you make one LARGE resie?:confused:

luvdsny
07-29-2001, 08:54 PM
We're not sure yet Pumbaa.....If there are more than 30 or so, I think we should make multiple ressies....I have to look into this a little more.

Thanks for all the interest. Our little list is growing by leaps and bounds! :bounce:

bigsis1970
07-30-2001, 09:39 AM
Count us in... we are a total of 5 - 3 generations! can't hardly wait.. i am wishing away
my summer... silly me.. Gosh i can almost make 120 day PS's!! I have the FEVER !! Whoo HOO

luvdsny
07-30-2001, 11:56 AM
Here is what I just found out.....and it ain't much. ;)

I just called 1-407-934-7639 and the CM told me that the MVMCP could go on sale at any time and that they didn't have a set date and that there wasn't a 'typical' time of year when they go on sale. :rolleyes: According to Birnbaum, this is the number to call to order tickets in advance.

If someone knows a different way to order MVMCP in advance, please, please, please post here. :) Thanks. :)

She did confirm that Sunday, December 2nd was a MVMCP date. Yahoo! :bounce:

She also said, that once we are ready to make our PS arrangements, we could make a 'group ressie' by calling this same number and asking to be transferred to the Group Dining extension. There is no direct-dial number for customers. ((I bet there is. ;) ))

Sorry, I know it isn't much. Why are they so hush-hush about this??? :confused:

ebutte
07-30-2001, 09:29 PM
Tia i guess you can call that way if you want but i call 1-800-933-3975. They switch me to everything i need. Hey Tia wait on plane tickets did you see the paper today they say tickets to be on sale 2nd week of August mom said.
Lisa

luvdsny
07-30-2001, 09:48 PM
Sorry Lisa. I already booked! I didn't see the paper, but a friend called me tonight and read me some of what it said. I thought she said that the low prices would be in effect only until the second week of August...so I got online ASAP and checked out United and there it was!!! $244/person from Boise to Orlando!!! I booked all 4 of us! :bounce:

Sending you an e-mail in case you don't check back tonight. :)

disneycub
08-02-2001, 02:38 PM
Just checked with CRO about MVMCP tickets. Nothing yet. The CM who talked to me said September. But in the next breath said they are getting lots of calls about it, so it could be earlier.

In other words, she had no idea. :rolleyes:

luvdsny
08-02-2001, 02:53 PM
I've heard (rumor alert!! LOL ;) ) that they have gone on sale as early as August...so I'm eyes and ears waiting for the announcement. :smooth:

disneycub
08-02-2001, 03:05 PM
I got my Mickey Monitor yesterday and they were pushing tickets for the Halloween party, so Christmas can't be too far behind......

Hopefully.......

disneycub
08-02-2001, 04:39 PM
Tickets for MVMCP go on sale Monday, August 13th. :bounce:

Dan Murphy
08-02-2001, 06:29 PM
I am thinking of an 11/30 MVMCP, but probably will do this 12/2 one also. I did 2 last year and was so much fun with all the DIS folks.

luvdsny
08-02-2001, 06:36 PM
Gosh Dan. I never thought about doing 2 MVMCP's....why the heck not??? :D

I'm sure DD and DH wouldn't care if DS and I ditched them at Tot anyways. :D
They're gonna do that Thrill Ride Tour and Tot.....but Michael and I aren't/can't/won't. :D

Geez! Decisions Decisions. ;)

Barb
08-02-2001, 07:00 PM
Dan, it will be a real pleasure to have you join us on the 2nd, too. We missed spending time with you last year after LTT. My mom got so cold, we left very early. Hope it's not as cold this year!

luvdsny
08-03-2001, 12:13 AM
I forgot about the 'cold' In Dec. of '99 we about froze our little bottoms off!!! :eek:

laurenk
08-03-2001, 06:34 AM
Tia-

Good Morning!!

Sorry I haven't been bumping this post on the "Restaurants " Board!!!! I think we are getting plenty of responses over here, don't you!?!?!

We thought about doing 2 MVMCP also. There will be 4 of them when we are there. Nov. 30, Decmber 2, 6,7. Is it worth all the extra money?

laurenk
08-03-2001, 06:46 AM
Tia-
21 or more constitutes a "group" as far as dining. Where we are going to have a problem is if we cannot get the time we want. Then we will have people without a PS for that night. Maybe,just a thought, we should all make our ownindividual ones as well. I am a little nervous, because I saw on another thread where people were having long waits at the resturants on the monorail prior to MVMCP. Maybe we should start with 4:30. Do they serve dinner that early?

luvdsny
08-03-2001, 09:20 AM
I am definitely leaning towards having people make their own PS....this way they will be responsible for showing up for their own time AND that way they could probably seat us faster AND that way we could all show up at different times and still overlap our meals/meet. :)

I'll get back to this later after I do my morning 'chores'. ;)

disneycub
08-03-2001, 09:49 AM
I can tell you from experience that you should try to get a PS inside the MK before MVMCP. It was a complete nightmare trying to catch a monorail from the resorts, or a ferry to get across the water after the party started. I probably lost an hour or more because I wasn't informed.

Barb
08-03-2001, 11:11 AM
For those of us that are attending solo, does anyone want to share a table so we don't have to sit alone? I know I don't want to sit by myself.

disneycub
08-03-2001, 11:14 AM
My thinking exactly, Barb. I was thinking about getting a PS for 4 at the Crystal Palace for 5:00 or so, and anyone who wanted to join me is more than welcome.

Barb
08-03-2001, 11:22 AM
I'll be glad to join you for dinner. The time sounds good, too. Thanks for the offer. :) :) And, I agree, a PS inside the park is the only way to go before MVMCP. :D

disneycub
08-03-2001, 11:46 AM
I just checked the Calculator and a PS for December 2nd needs to be made on October 3rd. So......I'll be at WDW on that day, so it should be easy to make the PS. YAY!

Sandra B.
08-03-2001, 12:19 PM
Steve,

I'd like to join you and Barb if possible! :) Never had diner at Crystal Palace before, can't wait!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

disneycub
08-03-2001, 12:49 PM
Sure, that will be great. Akshally, I'm going to get a table for 6. I think Robinrs and her son Michael will be joining us as well.

luvdsny
08-03-2001, 01:13 PM
My family is a party of 4, so perhaps I'll make a PS for a party of 6 in case someone(s) wants to join us. :)

Marked my calendar for October 3rd. :D

Barb
08-03-2001, 01:27 PM
Sandra, it's nice that you're joining us. :)
Steve, that's great, I would love to share our table with Robin and her son. :)

laurenk
08-03-2001, 04:20 PM
We will be a party of 4, and anyone is welcome to join us. Just beware..my DH is camera happy!!! I was going to try for a 4:30 PS.

luvdsny
08-03-2001, 07:43 PM
((Lauren, I was going to PM you, but then I decided to play this out on this thread because maybe there are other people wondering the same thing.))

What happens if we make our PS too early? Will they make us leave the park and then re-enter, or do you think they'll allow us to just 'hang out' there?

We once planned dinner at Cinderella's Castle just before MVMCP and although we finished early and they needed our table to seat other people, they let us 'hang out' downstairs in the corridor (sp?) area. It became packed, but it was better than having to leave. They also gave us our tix or wristbands or whatever they were right there in the restaurant before we exited the restaurant and entered Fantasyland.

Barb
08-03-2001, 08:04 PM
Last year, we were at LTT. We ate very slow, and they let us hang around until it was time to let us out. At that time, they took our tickets before we could leave the restaurant. We were allowed out a bit early if I remember right. I don't know if every restaurant has the same policy or not.

laurenk
08-03-2001, 08:28 PM
Tia-

I have no idea what the answer to your question is. You guys are suppose to be the experts!!! This is our first MVMCP.

I was figuring 4:30 PS, get seated by 5:00, and by the time we all chat and eat 2 hours will have flown by, then MVMCP here we come!
;)

disneycub
08-03-2001, 09:37 PM
I've heard via other threads that the restaurants will let you hang around until the start of the party, as long as you have your MVMCP tickets with you. A far better choice than going out of the MK and then coming back in with the masses of people.

luvdsny
08-07-2001, 10:17 AM
How did I miss these posts? :confused: Had a lot of trouble this weekend...I guess my screen didn't update properly. Sorry. :(

Thanks for the answers. :)

BTW, I updated our PS arrangements on page 1. :) :) :)

:bounce: Tia :bounce:

disneycub
08-07-2001, 10:35 AM
As I noted on the other thread about this, I'll make a PS for the Crystal Palace for around 5:00 on the night on MVMCP. So far at a table for 8, I have Sandra, Barb, Robinrs and Michael joining me for sure. Anyone else is welcome to join us. :D

laurenk
08-07-2001, 02:33 PM
Tia-

I have been having a lot of problems with this site lately.

I keep getting messages saying my PM box is full, when it is empty. Then I keep getting repeat replies to threads. I am also missing replies as well.

Monday morning is going to be VERY busy with everyone trying to get MVMCP and CP!!!

luvdsny
08-07-2001, 03:47 PM
I'm sorry Lauren. :( I've been having a ton o' trouble myself! :mad:

Multiple PM notificiations....and they're all about half a day LATE! :mad: Grrr!!! :mad:

Don't they know that the COMMANDOS are meeting for the next few months??? :rolleyes:

NancyIL
08-08-2001, 10:25 AM
I just changed my return flight to Dec. 4th so I can attend MVMCP on the 2nd with you all! Steve, could I join your group at the Crystal Palace that night?

disneycub
08-08-2001, 10:52 AM
Nancy, just sent you a PM. Course you are welcome to join us!! Party of 2 left at the DISCON crazies table (at least one of them....)

luvdsny
08-08-2001, 11:03 AM
Yay Nancy! :bounce: Thada Girl! :D

Okay, Steve, who and how many do you have at your crazy table?

I have my family of 4, holding a spot for Dan Murphy (of course! :o ), and then I have 2 other DIS'ers who cannot be known because one DIS'er is giving the other DIS'er this trip as a surprise. :smooth: Shhhhh........ That is 7. I think I'll make my PS for a few more just in case. ;) ((the secret DIS'ers might not be able to make it, and as soon as I find out, I'll update this. :) ))

disneycub
08-08-2001, 11:26 AM
I've got me, Barb, Sandra B., NancyIL, RobinRS and her son Michael, which makes ::counting:: 6, but I thought I'd add on another two people for grins......

Let's see, what would Martha do? Home-made napkins from antique cloth found at tag sales, hand-written seating charts, gardenias in water.....

Don't mind me. I didn't get much sleep last night. Some dog named Bandit decided to howl at the moon half the night. :rolleyes:

Robin
08-08-2001, 11:54 AM
Steve I tried tp PM you but your mailbox was full.

Could we join you please ??? There would be 3 of us. Dan my SO (his first trip to Disney) and my DD Caitlyn (also her 2st trip) and myself. We would love to join you.

disneycub
08-08-2001, 12:13 PM
That is so weird. I don't have any messages in my mailbox. Anyway....sure Robin. Glad to have you along!

::disneycub officially closes his table at the Crystal Palace::

I'll get a PS for all of us on October 3rd for December 2nd at 4:30. I'll e-mail each of you with the confirmation number, etc., okey-dokey?? I'll be at WDW on that day in October, but I will get back to you some way or the other (guess taking my laptop is in order).

luvdsny
08-08-2001, 12:17 PM
Great Robin! :bounce: The more the merrier. :) First trip to Disney for your SO, hunh? :D :D :D This could be fun! ;)

Well Dan signed up on the magic meetings page, so he is 'confirmed' at my table. :bounce:

The other two 'secret' DIS'ers will not be able to attend as they leave that day....so now I'm down to 5 people at our table.....and we'd love to add others. :)

Okay, I know. We'll wait until Oct. 2nd.....we'll tally up the number of people who want to attend and then we'll divide that number by 6 (or so) and then we'll get as many people as we need to call in and make PS's. This should work! :)

NancyIL
08-08-2001, 12:17 PM
Steve- you need to empty out the "sent" folder, too. I got the same response as Robin when I tried to PM you back!

disneycub
08-08-2001, 12:24 PM
Thanks Nancy. Couldn't imagine what was wrong.....I just went back and cleaned everything up, so I should be good to go for another coupla months.

Barb
08-08-2001, 12:28 PM
Nancy, that's great. Glad you decided to stay longer. Welcome to our table!!! That goes for you too, Robin. Nice to have you and your family join us. :D
Tia, I'm so glad Dan's going to be there and at your table, too. He's the nicest guy. I also wouldn't worry about filling up the table. I'm sure we'll pick up people as they realize what we're up to!!!
Thanks, Steve. We do have a quite an interesting group forming here! Should be fun!!

BUT, NO FOOD FIGHTS!!!!!!!! I don't like food in my hair!!!:p :p

disneycub
08-08-2001, 12:34 PM
OK, like, Barb-for-Real......

Is that the second rule of the convention? NO FOOD FIGHTS?

I've never been in one....but there's always a first for everything. :p

::writing on chalkboard::

I will behave. I will behave. I will behave. Maybe I'll behave. I will behave. I will behave. You'll be lucky if I behave at all. I will behave. http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/naughty.gif

disneycub
08-08-2001, 12:50 PM
For those of you who have never been to the Crystal Palace, follow this link to see the menu.....

http://wdwig.com/menu/menu_cpd.htm

luvdsny
08-08-2001, 01:47 PM
OMGosh Steve! That one made me LOL for reals!!! :D

And yes, we have our Second Official Rule.....NO FOOD FIGHTS because we dont' like food in our hair. ;)

Thanks for the link Steve. This way we can just figure out what we want now and add it to our itinerary and then we won't have to worry about it when we get there. :D :D :D The more we plan now, the less stress we'll have when we get there! Right? :D :D :D

((asking the COMMANDOS in a whispered voice.....)) do you think we're driving anyone crazy with this yet? teeheehee :tongue:

disneycub
08-08-2001, 02:06 PM
::answering back in a whispered voice::

I don't know about anybody else, but I was crazy to begin with.........

::he said, holding a bubbling vial of tonic to his lips::

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/spineye.gif http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/drop.gif

Barb
08-08-2001, 02:55 PM
LOL, Steve! I haven't been in a food fight in a looooooooooong time and don't care to do it again. :p :p So, yes, that can be rule #2! ;) :D
This is a just in case thingie: I used to be a wild and crazy gal. (another one of those looooooong time ago things.) I tend to be subdued because I don't want to upset/embarrass the family. They keep me in line. But, I have been known to get downright silly/loud/rowdy/giddy/embarrassing when there's no one around to remind me how old I am and that I really should act my age. Nothing bad, but here's an example: I was in WDW in March with my sister and her family. My neices kept giving us a hard time about not raising our arms on the mountain rides. Well, we fixed them. On Maelstrom, we raised our arms and screamed all the down the 3 foot drop! Not only did we embarass them, we got the 2 guys in front of us so worried about the HUGE drop that they weren't sure they wanted to continue the ride. As we're going up, Nancy and I are talking about how bad the drop is and how wet we're going to get. We laid it on really thick. Fortunately, the guys had a sense of humor and laughed with us afterwards. Then, we raised our arms and screamed (but not as loud) in Small World and The River of Time. The girls didn't think we were funny after a while. Boy, Nancy & I did, we laughed all afternoon!!! Ok, so it's not that bad, but it was really silly and a lot of fun! :D

Robin
08-08-2001, 04:10 PM
Steve..Thanks. I'm not sure who is more excited about this trip Dan or I...he about jumped for joy when I showed him our airline tickets. I have taken him along to 2 DISmeets so far and we are hosting one in Dallas in Sept so at least he is getting used to us "Disney People".

OH...The really funny thing about Dan is that his last vacation was to Europe alone, all the guys at his office were jealous. Now he is going on the 'family trips'....the guys at work are teasing him nowhttp://www.disboards.com/forums/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

luvdsny
08-08-2001, 04:58 PM
:D You guys are down-right funny! :D

Barb, I think that would be too fun! I really act the 'mom part' when I'm with my kids, but when I'm not I tend to get a little 'wild' too. :rolleyes: I could see me doing that with you and your sister......but NEVER with my kids in tow! :eek:

Too, Too Funny. :D

disneycub
08-08-2001, 05:49 PM
I think that's really cool that you've got a S.O. that seems to share your love of Disney, Robin. Most of the time when I try to talk about it, even the dog rolls his eyes. ;)

Jacquelyn11
08-10-2001, 10:44 PM
We are also planning to go to the Dec 2nd MVMCP but we are planning for Tony's for dinner. We ate at CP our last trip and want to try something new for us. Anyone else thinking about Tony's also?

Can't wait to join in on the fun!!!:bounce:

Jacquelyn:D

luvdsny
08-10-2001, 10:59 PM
:wave: Hi Jacquelyn. :wave:

No one has mentioned Tony's on that particular night.....YET!!!.....but I am quite sure there will be plenty of interested parties as the time grows nearer. :) :)

I think the group of people doing MVMCP on Friday night is meeting at Tony's. :)

Welcome to the board. :) What else are you interested in?

The Great Kahunas are working on the mini meets schedule this weekend. :bounce: Can't wait! :D

Taryn
08-11-2001, 09:48 AM
Hi!

I've been away due to a lack of a computer! But I am back now and I really want to join you all at Crystal Palace... too late?

Barb
08-11-2001, 10:02 AM
Can you just see this? We get to the CM who loads the ride and he/she says how many? So we say 30!!!!!!! (because we all decided to stay together) OMG, what a riot!!! We would terrorize the whole park!! Invasion of the DIS-Con!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Welcome Back, Taryn-it's never too late!!!!:D :wave:

luvdsny
08-11-2001, 01:12 PM
DIS-CON Takes over the MK!

Yes, I can see it now. :D Do you think Pete would be proud or embarassed??? :tongue:

laurenk
08-11-2001, 08:23 PM
Barb-

It can be done!!!

We had 20+ on one boat at PoC during our June meet!!!! It was GREAT!

luvdsny
08-12-2001, 12:18 AM
:bounce: I wanna do PoC too! :bounce:

:bounce: Every ride at least once! :bounce:

Barb
08-12-2001, 08:57 AM
Lauren, now that would be a blast! We could all sing Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A pirate's life for me! :D
Tia, here's another ride where we screamed and held up our hands for the splash down!! :p :p :p
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! :D :D

luvdsny
08-12-2001, 09:27 AM
This one I can handle. ;)

ebutte
08-12-2001, 12:40 PM
Wow I've been off the boards alot this week and looks like Tia you guys are still planning. Yes we will be on the phone bright and early tommorow to make sure we get our MVMCP tickets. I just wished we could pay more and have the same service like for the candle processional where we could book our dinner Ps's right away instead of making those 5am calls on what oct4th i think it works out. Hey Tia i have mom almost convinced of TOT:) Maybe i can get her talked into SM till 12/2!! Have you all decided how were handling dinner PSs? Im thinking probably each family themselves would be easier but whats your take. Well ill check back soon. Pixy dust to all in getting your tickets tommorow.

Lisa

luvdsny
08-12-2001, 03:02 PM
:wave: Hi Lisa. :wave:

About MVMCP on Dec. 2nd and Crystal Palace for dinner beforehand....I think we're going to let everyone make their own PS's.......some solo travelers are making plans to eat together....and I'm sure some families might do the same.......would your crew like to join us? If you do that would make 10 at our table. Let me know. :)

Now hop on over to Tammy's thread and hoot and holler about her coming to WDW! :bounce:

laurenk
08-12-2001, 06:40 PM
Hello all my new friends! I have some info. to pass on.

I was making my PS for Cape May tonight, and when I asked about MVMCP I was told they were going on sale Wednesday the 15th. I asked about CP and they said still no word at all.

I am STILL trying in the morning though.... just wanted to share what I was told.

luvdsny
08-12-2001, 07:50 PM
Very interesting :smooth: LarenK. Thanks for sharing. :) Never hurts to ask, does it? ;)

disneycub
08-12-2001, 09:03 PM
Any day that the tickets go on sale, I'll be up anyway. Bandit the wonder dog has been waking me up (by licking my eyes open) around 5 every morning. Y-U-C-K!! http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/blech.gif

BambiTamby
08-12-2001, 09:31 PM
What a sweet, little dog!:p

At least you're not on the CB's cat bandwagon!;)

laurenk
08-13-2001, 06:08 AM
Good Morning All!

Got my tickets for MVMCP!!! Now just have to wait for CP to come out!

I guess "Morgan" or whater her name was last night had incorrect info.

mermaid96
08-13-2001, 06:22 AM
"Jake" just told me that tickets were NOT on sale yet!! After I spent 20 minutes on hold mind you!!:mad:

disneycub
08-13-2001, 06:31 AM
I'd get back on the phone, mermaid96. Tickets ARE on sale. The CM at CRO said that they had been inundated with calls. Wonder why? Hehehehehe! Tickets not yet on sale for the CP. Does this mean I have to do this again??

laurenk
08-13-2001, 06:36 AM
They ARE on sale. My total for 2 adults and 2 kids was $121.72 for December 2nd. I got a confirmation # and everything!

Call back, and try again!

CP is making me a little nervous. If you go to Disney website, under tickets, it isn't listed at all. They also do not make ANY reference to it in their Holidays around the World description.

Do you think they are having it this year?

disneycub
08-13-2001, 06:36 AM
Hey BT!!

That sweet little dog weighs in at almost 100 pounds and has a tongue the size of Cleveland. At least he's sweet and loves his daddy.

I like cats, too. I just couldn't own one. Bandit would think I'd brought home appetizers!

disneycub
08-13-2001, 06:38 AM
Laurenk,

The CM told me that there was going to be a CP this year. There ARE no references to it on the website as of yet, but then again it also says that MVMCP tickets aren't available yet, and we all know that's not true.

laurenk
08-13-2001, 06:45 AM
Thanks Steve-

We really want to experience this! This is our first trip during the holidays, and we are very much looking foward to all WDW has to offer during this time.

:D

disneycub
08-13-2001, 06:48 AM
Laurenk,

You'll just WDW during the holidays. It is very very special.

Barb
08-13-2001, 07:26 AM
She told me my total is $37.98, which includes $3.00 shipping and handling. I should have my ticket in about 10 days. I asked about the Candlelight Processional and she said it's "not ready to be booked yet". Steve, I agree, WDW is wonderful at Christmas time. I love the snow on Main St! Let's all keep our fingers crossed that it doesn't get too cold! I hated wearing 2 sweatshirts and gloves last year. I was with my mom, who's still recovering from cancer and she was just too cold to stay out, so we left very early. I'm not going in early this time, no matter what! It's so much fun at the end of the night when most people have left and the park seems almost empty. I love it! :D

mermaid96
08-13-2001, 08:41 AM
Lauren- I took your advice and called right back and got our tickets!! What was up with that?? Aren't they all linked to the same computer system?? Anyway..... I got them! My hubby will FREAK when he learns they were $122 :eek: oh well, it's Disney, it's crowded, it's expensive...... get over it or stay home!! LOL

luvdsny
08-13-2001, 08:58 AM
:( :( :( Believe it or not....still no tix for me. :( :( :(

The system has been down--at least when you call from Idaho :rolleyes: --all morning! :mad:

I've called back numerous times.....and I've been hung up on several times. Have to get DD to school and then go to Costco....I'll try back later today. :)

:bounce: Can't kill my spirit! :bounce:

:sunny:

laurenk
08-13-2001, 09:41 AM
mermaid-

Great!!!

I think I will be calling back later this evening or tomorrow to reconfirm since they seem to have had big computer problems!!! Better to be safe. I can see it now, "What? We never sold any tixs that morning! Our computers were down. You must be mistaken.";)

Tia- :( :eek: :( :eek:

Hung up on? By whom?

disneycub
08-13-2001, 09:55 AM
Lauren,

The CM should have given you a confirmation number for your tickets. If she didn't, I'd call back!

Luvdsny,

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

Barb
08-13-2001, 11:01 AM
Tia, keeping my fingers crossed that you get through today! Here's a sprinkling of pixie dust, too!
I made sure I got a confirmation number and the person's name. It never hurts to have too much information!

laurenk
08-13-2001, 11:02 AM
Steve-

I do have a confirmation number. That still doesn't mean that we aren't lost somewhere:eek: after the system crashed.

I have had confirmation numbers for PS's that have wound up on other peoples names, my name having other peoples #'s etc.

I am such a worry wart that I know I will not rest til I reconfirm. I always reconfirm all my PS"s too!!!;)

luvdsny
08-13-2001, 01:10 PM
:) Thanks guys! :) You are all the best!

I don't think they hung up on me on purpose, but during 2 different calls I had worked my way through the phone maze and was waiting with nice Disney music in the background....and then it would sound like someone picked up the phone (could hear that scratchy sound) and then *plunk* the phone would hand up! :mad:

I've been calling and calling and each time I have to listen to "Thank you for calling Walt Disney World...." about 6 times! Grrrr! :mad:

The system is still down! :( Oh well... at least no one else is able to buy my tickets....LOL :D

ebutte
08-14-2001, 11:15 AM
Finally got my MVMCP tickets!! This year i got them for three nights since we are brining mom. Yep Tia like i said in PM will be there. We got the 2nd-6th-and the 14th. this way in case splash breaks down this year one night and traps us will still see it all. Cant wait counting the days and butterflies in my stomach. Now off to shampoo moms rugs.
Lisa

luvdsny
08-14-2001, 11:19 AM
Yay Lisa! :bounce: 3 nights??? Holy Moly Girlfriend! :earseek:

I've got you and Chris and Nicole and Loretta down for our table at CP on the 2nd. :) :) :)

Smee
08-15-2001, 03:30 PM
:bounce: :bounce: Just thought that I'd post here that I ordered my MCMCP
tickets for Dec. 2 !!!!!!!!
"Joy to the World!"
Corinne:wave:

Pumbaa_
08-15-2001, 09:30 PM
Had to change my night. We are leaving on the 3rd and Mom didn't want to spend the last night doing this so late :( So we have to go shopping instead :D :D :D :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
We ARE goin gon the 29th, so I won't miss it. The MVMCP is on the top of my list of must do's!
Have fun on the 2nd everybody!

luvdsny
08-15-2001, 11:27 PM
:( :( :( Bummer Pumbaa.....but you gotta do what you gotta do. :) There is another group of DIS'ers going that night (they're just not posting here...yet), so I'm sure you'll still have fun with DIS'ers. :bounce:

We can't go to the CLP on the night of the 3rd for the same reason.....we have to spend our last full night at WDW in the MK....it's tradition! :D So, I'm thinking about doing the CLP dinner package on the 29th.....and I'm hoping there will be other DIS'ers doing the same!! :bounce:

Dan Murphy
08-16-2001, 12:37 AM
Got mine for the 2nd. :D

luvdsny
08-16-2001, 12:43 AM
And Dan, I'll remind you to make a PS for Crystal Palace for dinner prior to this joyous event, okay? :bounce:

I think there might be some people who need a table....could they sit at your's? I can't remember who they were (maybe Judy from Boise and her family ???), but I'll get it straight before then. :D :)

Thanks for coming along. :)

Dan Murphy
08-16-2001, 12:45 AM
Cody (Harley Chick) was also asking.

luvdsny
08-16-2001, 01:12 AM
That's the other person! Thanks. :)

See how quickly a table fills up? :bounce:

Robin
08-16-2001, 08:13 AM
My tickets are ordered and on their way right now!!!!!!!!!!!!YIPPPPY

disneycub
08-16-2001, 11:40 AM
Another thing I thought of....if you're bringing young children who need a stroller.....bring your own or rent one early. The stroller lines at MVMCP last year were horrendous!

ebutte
08-16-2001, 07:16 PM
Tia,
DD has been helping me online and on the boards, maybe now I will get her hooked on Disney and we can bring her along too.

Lisa

luvdsny
08-17-2001, 11:00 AM
Steve, thank you for that advice. We're not sure yet what we want to do....bring our own (is the hassle of checking it and lugging it to/from the hotel worth it?) or rent one (which we'll have to take him out of when we leave the parks!). We've always brought our own, but I've sold his strollers since we don't really need them here anymore.....BUT at Disney World we will DEFINITELY need one....the little one tuckers out too easily after a long day at the World. :rolleyes:

disneycub
08-17-2001, 11:05 AM
Not that I'm an expert on strollers, mind you (except on how to avoid them)....but I remember seeing this stroller line with maybe 200 people in it about 1 hour after MVMCP started....and I thought "what a shame to pay all that money and spend it in line instead of seeing the shows."

luvdsny
08-17-2001, 11:28 AM
I love reading those 'When did strollers become registered lethal weapons?" threads...LOL :D

And all of the space they take when parking them.....ughhhhh!

Barb
08-17-2001, 12:17 PM
Boy, I agree, the stoller lines can be horrible. But, I will tell you that the new style buses are very stroller friendly. They have huge doors and very wide aisles. They don't seat as many people, but they sure make leaving your child in the stroller much easier. I don't know if this is the reason for the new style or not. My DH said they hold more, because more people can stand! I suppose he could be right (he's been known to have a correct thought once in a while!) But, at the end of a long, hot park day, I sure don't want to have to stand all the way back to my resort. I'll wait for the next empty bus.
Tia, that thread was hysterical. I had to put my two cents in, too!

luvdsny
08-17-2001, 12:38 PM
BARB! Your PM Box is full so I can't reply back to you! :eek: Make sure to empty your 'sent messages' as well. And go back further than 10 days. Thanks. :)

Barb
08-17-2001, 01:06 PM
In box is empty, working on the others now. Sorry. :)

luvdsny
08-17-2001, 01:12 PM
Thank you Barb. That whole PM thing is kind of 'coo-coo' sometimes. ;) :D :p