PDA

View Full Version : Monorail Drink-A-Thon

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

lynn71092
10-18-2004, 02:24 PM
I read somewhere on the Disboards something about getting on the Monorail and stopping at different places for drinks. I thought it was different resorts but doesn't the Monorail only go through the Contemporary Resort? Has anyone out there done something like that? It sounds like fun.
Thanks!:wave:

lark
10-18-2004, 02:30 PM
The monorail has 4 stops. Three of the four have places with booze. One of the four is 99.9 percent dry -- there is only one place to get booze and its pretty hard to get in. (Plus, you probably wouldn't want to go there if you've been drinking heavily at the other 3.)

If you're talking about getting plastered, disney resorts are pretty expensive places to buy drinks, and if you're visibly drunk you can be refused admittance to the monorail.

pixiedust23
10-18-2004, 02:30 PM
Last time I was at the world, we didn't do a monorail drink-a-thon but we did do an Around the World. For those of you who havent heard of the game it's your basic college drinking game where you go from one dorm room to another. Each room has its own specialty drink, and you basically drink yourself around the world or the dorm. This however works EXTREMELY well at Epcot. Two of my friends and I did this, and I should warn you it really needs to be split up into 2 days if you intend on drinking at all the countries or take an entire day to do it, because no one wants their children exposed to the "college atmosphere." However very fun and each country features specialities beers wines and liquors from their homeland :drinking:

and for reference sake the drinks ranged from $3-6 (this was a year and a half ago) so coming from NYC I think it's really quite reasonable

lynn71092
10-18-2004, 02:42 PM
No, Lark, certainly not getting plastered. Just a drink at each place, which in my case would be a beer.
Thanks for the info!:wave:

lucky978
10-18-2004, 02:46 PM
You could get on the resort monorail at the TTC and stop at the Poly, the Grand Floridian and the Contemporary. All have lounges with drinks available.

Have fun!!!

lynn71092
10-18-2004, 02:50 PM
Thanks Lucky978.
You guys are awesome!:drinking:

lark
10-18-2004, 02:54 PM
You should see whether you can finagel getting into club 33, the place where you can drink in the Magic Kingdom. That would be kind of cool -- then you can have a beer in all 4 places along the monorail.

It's still not going to be cheap! I think even a beer at the GF is like $7.

lynn71092
10-18-2004, 02:59 PM
What's Club 33?

:drinking:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
10-18-2004, 03:10 PM
not to sound like the board's alcoholic but trust me when I say this...as I've done this quite a few times.

start off at Ohana bar (not sure about contemp and gf, tho if you can make it over to cali grill, they have some good stuff there)...have a few pina coladas, mai tais and whatever else you like.

head over to the monorail (be respectful, we can keep it in :p)

goto MK

and ride space mountain as many times as possible...thunder mountain is quite a treat as well...if you want to be mean, get on the speedway :p

part 2

pick up your fastpasses from mission space or test track...go around the world (start at mexico, helloooo margaritas) and do all the countries. we don't go inside the restaurants, we just pick something up from the stands.

you can also check out on your lil journey, malestrom!, el rio de tiempo (a nice place to relax with your margarita), and journey into imagination. then go hit up the thrill rides!

its so much more fun...mission space will knock you off your feet, and test track is quite a treat.

we've done this a few times, but we're completely respectful, we dont go around being loud and obnoxious because I refuse to ruin other families' (especially with children) experience at the parks.

if you can keep it in, give it a try!

oh and as for drink prices, disney world has nothing compared to south beach prices...so its allll good :crazy:

gatour
10-18-2004, 03:14 PM
Club 33 is a private club at DisneyLand. There is no corresponding club at Wald Disney World.

Suzanne033
10-18-2004, 03:19 PM
I have did the "Country Crawl" at Epcot during our Christmas '01 vacation. It was a blast and can be accomplished in one day. For a price each country can give you a sample drink (smaller drink portions and less than regular price). That way you can 'crawl' to each country without literally crawling back to your hotel.

sotoalf
10-18-2004, 03:19 PM
My friends and I do this every trip. We usually start at the Contemporary's Outer Rim Lounge, then proceed to the Polynesian's Tambu Lounge before ending with a nice scotch at the GF's Mizner's Lounge, usually when the orchestra is in full swing. The return voyage is the most memorable of all.

If you're REALLY feeling adventurous (and your liver can handle it), you can start at Territory Lounge, WL's drinking hole, and then take the boat to the Contemporary for the beginning of your trek

buzzlightlily
10-18-2004, 03:36 PM
Saturday (10/16), the crowds were crazy at MK. My DH really did not want to be at WDW, anyway. Midday, we needed a break. I made a deal.

We hopped on the monorail and went to the Contemporary's Outer Rim Lounge to have a few beers and watch part of the Auburn Game. (I have no idea who they were playing).

My husband was "tickled pink" the rest of the night and did not complain one bit after that!

Good idea.

lark
10-18-2004, 03:39 PM
Oops -- that's exactly right. Man, moving from coast to coast has me all confused. That's right -- there is no place to get booze in MK as far as I'm aware.

Wow -- that's almost as bad as when I was 6 hours late for a conference call because I calculated the time difference in reverse.:mad:

lynn71092
10-18-2004, 03:42 PM
Hey, Lucky 978.
Will you be there Dec.3-Dec. 7th?
That's when we're going!:wave:

lynn71092
10-18-2004, 03:43 PM
Oops, meant Lucky978!!

WDW LifeLong Fan
10-18-2004, 04:45 PM
We just took this "tour" Friday. We stayed at the GF where we started ....then to the CR..... then to the Poly and finished back at the GF!;) We knew we could walk/weave our way back to our room from Mizners. :rolleyes:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
10-18-2004, 07:12 PM
I'm convinced, We're doing the monotrail trek as well.

We'll start at the Polynesian, which bar should we hop to at GF? and I read that we should goto the Outer Rim at the Contemp...

we just need one more to finish the puzzle :p

:crazy: w00p!

ctrabada
10-18-2004, 08:04 PM
I love this! Maybe my DH and I will do the monorail drinking thing next time. We are going this weekend for F&W (I actually call it "Beers around the World") and MNSSHP. My parents (who live in Orlando) will babysit our DD7 on Saturday and we plan to enjoy a beer at (almost) every country (I admit it, I have a pretty high tolerance, but I can't handle all the countries during F&W). We will be staying onsite so neither of us has to drive. We only do this once a year, but I never really thought about stopping at a lounge in each monorail stop.... hmmmm....

Gabrielle
10-18-2004, 08:47 PM
...laughing at this thread! :p I love the un-wholesomeness of it. ;)

I have no tolerance whatsoever. But then, I'm 49 and feel like I'm getting drunk just reading the thread.

I get one of those little wine coolers from one of the resort stores and then I'm lucky to get my contacts out of my eyes before I fall asleep.

Happy monorail drinking! :D

Kae
10-18-2004, 10:04 PM
If it is a nice afternoon you could hop from the pool bar areas & sit outside.

Kae

lynn71092
10-19-2004, 02:48 PM
You guys are great!
Keep em' comin':wave:

WDW LifeLong Fan
10-19-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
I'm convinced, We're doing the monotrail trek as well.

We'll start at the Polynesian, which bar should we hop to at GF? and I read that we should goto the Outer Rim at the Contemp...

we just need one more to finish the puzzle :p

:crazy: w00p!

"Mizners" @ the GF should finish your puzzle! ::yes::

Suzanne033
10-19-2004, 03:21 PM
Does the Outer Rim at the Contemporary have a view of MK?

hauntedcity
10-19-2004, 03:30 PM
Any ideas for an Epcot RESORT drink-a-thon? Lots of folks have done the World Showcase, but how about Yacht & Beach Clubs, Boardwalk, Swan, and Dolphin? Does each resort have nice lounges for a leisurely beverage?

Doug

pixiedust23
10-19-2004, 03:35 PM
At the Boardwalk you could do ESPN zone or Jelly Rolls

PamNC
10-19-2004, 03:38 PM
I never thought of this - think we'll try it in November. I love Lapu Lapu!!!! What should I get at the other places...hmmmmm.

PamNC

WDW LifeLong Fan
10-19-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by PamNC
I never thought of this - think we'll try it in November. I love Lapu Lapu!!!! What should I get at the other places...hmmmmm.

PamNC

Not sure of your tastes....however, at Mizners my DW had a Lemon Drop Martini, and I had a Dirty Martini....both were excellent!:drinking1

lynn71092
10-19-2004, 06:47 PM
Thanks again!
You guys are giving me some great ideas.:wave:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
10-19-2004, 08:47 PM
whoawhoawhoawhoa

the boardwalk? theres nothing else than the brewery!

that is *THE* place.

their beers are AH-MAZE-ING!!!!!!!!

::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo three mickeys for the brewery!

:crazy:

wildernesslodgelover
10-19-2004, 08:52 PM
I had my first ever dirty martini at Mizners Lounge at GF! PLEASE have one for me...and make sure you get it with Hangar One vodka! Disney is one of the few places that carries this boutique vodka!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
10-19-2004, 09:32 PM
you got it! ;)

Jen D
10-19-2004, 10:32 PM
Another fun thing is a Boardwalk pub crawl-- in our case a pub and food crawl-- we were pretty conservative, we only hit three spots-- started with a drink at BelleVue Lounge, then drinks and appetizers at the bar at the Flying Fish, looked in on JellyRolls and decided to pass, and finished up at Kimonos for Kirin, Karaoke and sushi (yeah, Kimono's isn't technically the Boardwalk, but whatever). That was conservative-- on a more ambitious night you could have a beer and watch a little sports at ESPN zone, try the custom brews at Big River, drink and sing at JellyRolls, and finish it all up with dancing and drinks at Atlantic Dance.

Is Atlantic Dance still open, anyway? When we did this it was being rehabbed. It looks open but I never hear anyone talking about it here.

Gaiusrex
10-20-2004, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Suzanne033
Does the Outer Rim at the Contemporary have a view of MK?

No. It overlooks Bay Lake. If you want an MK view, you could see if you can get a drink at the bar at the California Grill. You have to check in on the second floor.

pixiedust23
10-20-2004, 08:15 AM
Are the drinks at the California Grill more than an average lounge?

Cantw8
10-20-2004, 08:28 AM
Wow...what a bunch of lushes LOL. I have finally found a thread that I can relate to ;)

Poohbear123
10-20-2004, 12:34 PM
Sounds like something I might do in Nov. with a friend of mine from Daytona Beach!::yes::

wildernesslodgelover
10-20-2004, 05:33 PM
Yes! I feel bonded to you all now! LOL!

(((GROUP HUG)))

LOL!

Can you tell I am drinking a glass of chardonnay right this moment!

My only problem with the "monorail drink a thon" is I CANNOT mix my drinks...if I start with martinis, I must stick with the martinis Same with wine. I sure would like to try all those specialty drinks, but sadly I must commit to one drink and not vary!

JJ721
10-20-2004, 06:29 PM
"My only problem with the "monorail drink a thon" is I CANNOT mix my drinks...if I start with martinis, I must stick with the martinis"

Me too. My father gave me wise advice in my younger years - If you start the night off drinking beer, martinis and
southern comfort, do not mix with any other drink the rest of the night!!!

wildernesslodgelover
10-20-2004, 06:36 PM
LOL! I love it!

I guess we all know the old adage: "Beer before liquor, never been sicker...liquor before beer, you're in the clear!"

I am not a beer drinker anyway!

Or how bout..

One Martini
Two Martinis
Three Martinis
FLOOR!

llij
10-20-2004, 07:40 PM
I mentioned the monorail drink a thon to my DH and he is very interested in this! :teeth: We might just have to try this on our next trip and have my parents watch the girls. Sadly though, I am allergic to hard liquor and the only thing I can have is a beer! :crazy: All those different drinks do sound yummy though.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
10-21-2004, 08:16 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/thenerdykitty/disney/IMG_0050.jpg

oh, my favorite beer is the one on the bottom right (with the lemon) http://www.progbreaks.com/emo/beer2.gif

wildernesslodgelover
10-21-2004, 08:46 PM
Wow! What a work of art! Thanks for posting that picture!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
10-21-2004, 08:50 PM
best part is that the sampler is no more than $5...

yummy...why cant december come any sooner!

wildernesslodgelover
10-21-2004, 09:04 PM
REEEEALLY? Is that at the Brwery at Boardwalk? I will need to tell my DH about that onE1 Thanks! that is why I love this board!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
10-21-2004, 09:08 PM
si senorita!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/thenerdykitty/disney/IMG_0047.jpg

cant miss it!

w0000 :crazy:

wildernesslodgelover
10-22-2004, 06:27 AM
Now I know why your names is: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

That's what I said when I saw the picture! LOL!

Thanks!

pixiedust23
10-22-2004, 08:14 AM
What kind of beer is the one with the lemon? Is it Shiner?

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
10-22-2004, 08:26 AM
WOWZER's (something)

I forgot...just try the sampler and keep on with your favorite beer :p

pixiedust23
10-22-2004, 08:42 AM
Thanks! I'm not a big beer fan. I stick to girly drinks and wine, but I just remembner at college we had a beer called shiner that was light in color and everyone put a lemon in...

MAC3
10-22-2004, 08:49 AM
Hi My name is Lisa and while in WDW I drink many, many Fiesta Margaritas!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, I found my support group!

Cantw8
10-22-2004, 09:01 AM
4 pages of lushes LOL......gotta love it. What's in a "dirty" martini? I have recently gotten hooked on Cosmopolitans though I still prefer beer. I am going to do the monorail drink a thon next week with my two best friends!!! No husbands, no kids, NO RULES!!!!!:bounce:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
10-22-2004, 09:03 AM
fiesta margaritas! http://www.techhouseboard.org/dance.gif

pixiedust23
10-22-2004, 09:05 AM
where do they have fiesta margaritas? Mexico? Or somewhere on the monorail tract? Since this seems to be the page of lushes, what is everyone's favorite drink at WDW at where can you get it?

Lucky4me
10-22-2004, 09:18 AM
We did this a few years ago, but we called it "looking at the resort Christmas decorations." ;)

Started at Wilderness Lodge, had a drink. Boated over to the Contemporary had another drink, monorailed to the Poly and GF, you guessed it, two more drinks and stumbled back to the boat to the WL. I usually only drink on our last night. For some reason I don't mind flying as much when I have a hangover.

MAC3
10-22-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Cantw8
though I still prefer beer.

Aah a woman of taste! Me too.... But I could never do the sampler as I only dring Mich Ultras now to try to minimize the "spare tire" that I carry around the park with me. Bet your going to have a blast next week. My friend is doing the same thing the week after you.

But Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah yes those fiesta Margaritas are maaaaaaaaahvolus!!!!!!

Last summer my SIL & I sat there in the cantina and had about 5 or 6 of them. Thank God we were staying @ the BCV. Not too far to crawl.:teeth:

ccotis
10-22-2004, 09:47 AM
I guess I have done the Monorail drink trip for about 10 years and didn't know it! My path goes like this: Magic Kingdom from opening til noon, Outer Rim(great CM's) for 4 or 5 beers, Tambu Lounge for a couple of beers, Grand Floridian for a couple of beers. The longer the wife and kids stay in the shops the longer the stay at the bar.
I used to love the California Grill bar after a hot morning at the MK.

Cantw8
10-22-2004, 09:59 AM
MAC3,
I too stick with Mich Ultra!! The first case I bought, I asked the beer distributor.."Does it taste different without all the carbs?" his response was, "What does a carb taste like???":p I have been hooked ever since. I'll have to try the fiesta margarita, not too many though, all that citrus gives me heartburn LOL. Ahh, it's a drag getting old!!!:p

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
10-22-2004, 10:09 AM
ohhhhh yeah :crazy:

I should write a guide about this, but here's my mini guide for now...

Polynesian - Pina Coladas (come on, cant get anything else, unless its a Mai Tai)
California Grill - Long Island Iced Tea
MK - (sneak in a flask of Vodka) shhhh!
...I'll figure out whats good at the Outer Rim and GF on our next trip.

Epcot:
Mexico - Fiesta Margaritas (the margaritas in the restaurant inside are amazing as well!)
Germany - Anything really, its all good.
Japan - Ichi Ban
USA - Sam Adams
France - Champagne
UK - Stella Artois
...I know im missing something.

Boardwalk Brewery:
Sampler and that WOWZER beer...cant remember its full name.

ESPN - Killians

ok...thats all I can think of now...and now for the pictures.

pina coladas...force you to make funny faces.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/thenerdykitty/disney/52e39fab.jpg

beer around the world makes you think you're superman...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/thenerdykitty/disney/5a869d9b.jpg

margaritas make you think a ridiculously large hat looks good on you
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/thenerdykitty/disney/IMG_0184.jpg

said margaritas make you think twice about riding mission space
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/thenerdykitty/disney/IMG_0071.jpg

drinking too much leads to giving each other a high five after every successful thrill ride without throwing up
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/thenerdykitty/disney/IMG_0019.jpg

and ofcourse if youre not aware...after drinking your increase appetite turns this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/thenerdykitty/disney/IMG_0075.jpg

into this...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/thenerdykitty/disney/IMG_0081.jpg

:crazy:

wildernesslodgelover
10-22-2004, 10:33 AM
OMG, ahhhhhh...I wanna party WITH YOUUUUUUUUU!

You are too funny!

cantw-I used to be a cosmo gal, but since they are so sweet I found myself feeling sick by the end of the night! A dirty martini is simply a martini(I prefer vodka, and at WDW the vodka of choice is Hangar One) with a splash of olive juice in it! YUM! I remember sitting at the Territory Lounge in the WL watching the bartender fill huge olives with Maytag blue cheese using a pastry bag and thinking I had died and gone to heaven...blue cheese, olives and vodka all put together? PERFECTION!

Cantw8
10-22-2004, 10:38 AM
Hey, I have an idea... how 'bout each of the countries in EPCOT offer their own barf bag??? I assume barf bags are not available on the monorail LOL. We could eat, drink and BARF our way around the worlds!!!!:crazy:

wildernesslodgelover
10-22-2004, 10:42 AM
LOL...I "try" not to get to that point! That is why I do not mix alcohols!

leighe
10-22-2004, 10:43 AM
This is such a great thread! I know it's a trek - but everyone has to go over to the AKL and have a Victoria Falls Mist - it's midori and coconut liquor and I'm not sure what else - but it's heavenly!

DH and I usually play some kind of discreet drinking game every trip. My Christmas trip is with my 20 year old sister so no games for me this time!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
10-22-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by wildernesslodgelover
OMG, ahhhhhh...I wanna party WITH YOUUUUUUUUU!

You are too funny!

aww! its too bad you're going about 20 days before we are...or else I'd say its on like tron!

yaaarrrr! pirate:

pixiedust23
10-22-2004, 10:54 AM
Disney needs to set up some buses that just go from resort to resort! That way you drink at ALL the hotels. Has anyone ever tried drinking your way down the boat route to DTD. I'm not sure what hotels the boat stops at other than POR, and POFQ, but I imagine there are lots of places to grab a drink in DTD before finishing (or rather actually starting) the night off at PI

MAC3
10-22-2004, 11:17 AM
LOL...I "try" not to get to that point! That is why I do not mix alcohols!

Me too! I can mix but 3 is my limit. Anything more than 3 has the option for a "return" visit. Including beer.

Cantw8- I hope they start selling Mich Ultras @ the beer carts in Epcot soon, those Bud Lights were a bit heavy after you have the taste for Ultras.

Maybe someday we can for a "LUSHES OF THE WORLD" meet!

Cantw8
10-22-2004, 11:22 AM
ROTFLMAO!!!! I think we should all attend a twelve step program. We are getting a little too passionate on this thread:tongue:

lynn71092
10-22-2004, 11:22 AM
Lushes of the World?
I like that.
Count me in!!:wave:

JJ721
10-22-2004, 01:46 PM
I've been meaning to ask this question on other threads but I didn't want anyone to think I was a lush. Now I know I am among friends! In March of 03, I remember having a Jaegarmeister and Becks at Germany. Last February, I was extremely disappointed to be told that Jaegar is no longer offered. And, to make matters worse, I now hear that Beck's has been replaced by .... Lowenbrau??? Say it ain't so! And will Jaegar ever make a return to Germany???

pixiedust23
10-22-2004, 02:07 PM
Have no fear JJ. This is the most wonderful thread ever...LUSHES OF THE WORLD UNITE!! :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1

MAC3
10-22-2004, 02:31 PM
Hello fellow lush JJ,

I think I remember seeing Jagermeister in Germany in April 04? I could be mistaken (or maybe it was after those 5 fiesta margaritas):teeth:

Welcome to our LUSHES OF THE WORLD UNITE support group!

macnodos
10-22-2004, 02:35 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!,

Has anyone ever told you that you look like the girl who had the role of (Robin) on General Hospital many years ago. Robert Scorpio's daughter

leighe
10-22-2004, 02:35 PM
Oh let's please have a lushes meet! How fun!

dmonroe
10-22-2004, 03:14 PM
This is my new favorite thread! People I can relate to!;) We're staying at BWV in Dec; but would really like to try the monorail loop for drinks on our kid free night. Our problem is getting ourselves back to our resort! BTW, you'll know us if you see us. We'll be the group of 12 drunks! :crazy:

MAC3
10-22-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by dmonroe
We'll be the group of 12 drunks! :crazy:

Wow sounds like dmonroe is having her own mini LUSHES MEET.

Yeah another Alchie oops I mean recruit for our group.

Cantw8
10-22-2004, 04:13 PM
We could have a lushes meet but who would remember!!!:hyper:

MAC3
10-22-2004, 04:18 PM
:rotfl:

:drinking1

Good Point Cantw8!

leighe,

Check our countdown timers, we will miss each other by a couple weeks. Bummer!

wildernesslodgelover
10-22-2004, 04:22 PM
heehee, mac...love that smily!!!!!

Ok, how bout whenever we go on a trip we post a "Lushes of the World" trip report on this board (resorts) and post about all our exciting drinks and lounge activities!
Or we can just revive this thread and post here!

Leigh-I will be at the AKL and plan on drinking at VF. But I am not sure about that drink...sounds like a one way ticket to pukesville for me! I hear it is very tasty, though!

MAC3
10-22-2004, 04:31 PM
Sure thing WLL. I'll be going bezerk next trip as I am going with all non drinkers(except for me & DH).

Something tells me I'll hear the word intervention.

Cantw8
10-22-2004, 04:37 PM
Nothing worse than traveling with a bunch of non-drinkers....they are so judgemental at times. Yeah, I know it's only 10am, but it's cocktail hour somewhere in the world!!!!!:teeth:

MAC3
10-22-2004, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I know it's only 10am

Too Funny!

Have you been watching me???? :magnify:

DH & I get up so early it seems more like 2:00pm. Last April we were sitting my the pool @ Boardwalk and we cracked them had to be about 10:30. Meanwhile others are walking by with their coffees.

ctrabada
10-22-2004, 04:46 PM
OK, my fellow Lushes of the World.... Let me post a pre-trip report:

I am packing my laptop after posting this and getting on my car... 3 1/2 hrs later I expect to arrive at my parents' house for one night (why pay for a useless night at a WDW hotel when Mommy & Daddy will let me crash at their place, right?).

Tomorrow morning I take the parents to breakfast (cuz they will babysit our DD7 until Sunday) and then go check in at Pop, get on the bus, and off to Epcot where we're meeting friends for our annual F&W beer crawl.

I believe my DH will do the wine this year, but I am a beer girl... don't get me wrong, I like wine (red) and cocktails too, but I last a lot longer with beer, and considering there are 25 countries to sample, I need to stick with what I'm best at... and that's beer!

I will post a trip report when I get back. Cheers!

RKC
10-22-2004, 04:48 PM
So is there any rite of initiation:hyper: ?!!!? Or can I just proudly announce to all my friends that I'm a new member of LOTW?:teeth: We're going on an adults only trip with my BIL&SIL specifically for this reason.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: (can you tell I'm a little excited?):bounce: :bounce: :bounce: And we are planning the drink around the monorail, starting with dinner at O'hana, on our 1st night. :drinking: :drinking1 . My only question is, how late do the monorails run? The GF probably frowns on people just passing out on the lounge chairs beside the pools. And the next morning, " Mommy, why are those people laying by the pool with all their clothes on?"............................................

MAC3
10-22-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by RKC
So is there any rite of initiation:hyper: ?!!!? Or can I just proudly announce to all my friends that I'm a new member of LOTW?:teeth:

No initiation, just step up to the bar and let it flow!!!!

Oh and don't get caught lookin like your DS in that photo.

Too cute!!!! Welcome all LOTW!!!!

Go Cristy Go!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
10-22-2004, 05:00 PM
DH & I get up so early it seems more like 2:00pm. Last April we were sitting my the pool @ Boardwalk and we cracked them had to be about 10:30. Meanwhile others are walking by with their coffees.

hahahaha, awesome!

by the way, thats not me down there...thats my partner in crime :crazy:

MAC3
10-22-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by pixiedust23
where do they have fiesta margaritas? Mexico? Or somewhere on the monorail tract? Since this seems to be the page of lushes, what is everyone's favorite drink at WDW at where can you get it?

So Sorry PD23, I missed ou question 1st time around mine is Fiesta Margaritas- they are layered, mango, strawberry, pina colada, lime frozen margaritas, and they either sugar or salt the rim.....

Sugar please? You can get them in 3 places that I'm aware of. In Mexico both inside and outside, @ CSR's pepper market and if anyone else knows where else I can find these babies please chime in....

Well that's one lush heard from.

Cantw8
10-22-2004, 05:33 PM
One of the friends I am going with next week just happens to live next door to me. I let her read this thread and she has been on the floor laughing. She said, "now this are my kinda people!!" When she read about the fiesta magarita, I swear, I slipped in the drool puddle she left on the floor!!!:hyper:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
10-22-2004, 05:55 PM
this has got to be the worst picture of me ever...but here it goes...me starring the fiesta margarita...in action.

http://www.dubnetwork.com/images/fiestamar.jpg

wildernesslodgelover
10-22-2004, 06:28 PM
Ahhhh...are you a boy or a girl? Just wondering...all this time I thought I was talking with a chick! Sorry! Heehee! Where in Fl are you? I think I read that you are in Miami Beach? And you two look MUCH TOO YOUNG to be indulging in alcohlic beverages. And I mean that as a compliment!

Cristy-We are neighbors! I am in Weston!!!

RKC-Love the pic of your kids! And we are going on a "mommy and daddy trip only" in the spring. I am sure we will do some SERIOUS damage then! As it is, on the Sat night of our stay we are checking DD5 into the Simba's clubhouse so we can chill at VF.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
10-22-2004, 06:47 PM
im the boy...and the one below this is my girl...sometimes ;)

jk :crazy:

MAC3
10-22-2004, 06:59 PM
im the boy...and the one below this is my girl...sometimes ;)

jk :crazy:

Well then Ahhhhhhhhh I have to ask... Can she keep up with us LOTW? She's beautiful!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
10-22-2004, 07:21 PM
keep up with you? she will drink ya'll under the table.

heck, even I have trouble keeping up with her...

on our last trip (at the boardwalk) right before we went to the pool (around 11am) she was preppin her drink: 3/4 rum, 1/4 coke...

plus, everytime we goto epcot, we always somehow end up at mexico at exactly 11am...and trust me...its not me! :p

wheeeeeeee december is going to be fun!!!

MAC3
10-22-2004, 07:27 PM
keep up with you? she will drink ya'll under the table.

heck, even I have trouble keeping up with her...[QUOTE]

My DH can keep up with me either but I meant can she keep up with you.

[QUOTE][/i]plus, everytime we goto epcot, we always somehow end up at mexico at exactly 11am...and trust me...its not me!

Atta girl she knows when the bars open! She's a keeper alright.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
10-22-2004, 07:47 PM
hehehe!

well...whenever theres a LOTW meeting, let me know, and ill start workin on our bookings :p

wheee :crazy:

Cantw8
10-22-2004, 08:01 PM
Hey, I may have just recruited some new members from over at the Parks Board. They were asking questions about bringing drinks into EPCOT. Sound like our kind of people!!!!!!!

MAC3
10-22-2004, 08:14 PM
Cantw8 you might just be their saving grace for dehydration. Thank God they found you!

Sign em up

suzywindy
10-22-2004, 08:50 PM
Read about this before so THIS YEAR we included it in our plans. But I also have to stick to the same drink. At home I drink cosmos - gets me to that feeling a little quicker. HOwever at disney I just have to have a lapu lapu at the Poly. So my plan is to start at Outer Rim with a Jamaican me Crazy, then to Poly for my Lapu, to GF for I have no idea and hopefully wind up at the WL for some potato skins!!!!

Of course you will not miss me since after 1 or 2 lapu lapu's I can drive the MONORAIL!!!!

FOTM_Ring_Bearer
10-22-2004, 08:55 PM
Hi all,

You all don't think there's just soda in those resort mugs do you? ;)

In our family, the monorail drink a-thon is called resort hopping. I always get a Seven Seas at the Tambu Lounge at the Poly. It's my absolute favorite, but those fiesta margarita's are a really close second.

Last summer we spent a lot of time bonding with the bartenders at the BW pool bar.

wildernesslodgelover
10-22-2004, 09:44 PM
AHA! So ahhhhhh is a BOY! Or should I say MAN! Your girl is pretty...you better be nice to her!

Hey, I was noticing your siggy...have you REALLY been to all those resorts in one year? Wow!

ironz
10-22-2004, 09:48 PM
alright, you crazies...:crazy:

This has nothing to do with the monorail, but if some of you LOTW go to AK, be sure and go by the Dawa Bar in Harambe. Excellent drinks...spent an afternoon there last January. :D

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
10-22-2004, 11:02 PM
yes. :eek:

wildernesslodgelover
10-23-2004, 08:03 AM
ironz-I will check that out, although I do not think we will get to the AK this trip.

So is MK the only park with no booze?

Hey, Ahhhhhhhhhhh (hope I got the number of "Hs"right) which resort has been you favorite so far? How many times to you plan to go in 2005? Any plans to stay at WL?

pixiedust23
10-23-2004, 10:24 AM
I'm not sure. Maybe there is a special drink tour that could be done of MGM? Thanks for the info on the Fiesta Margarita. Last time I was there I just had plain Mango (which was very very good). I'm not a big fan of tequilla...actually i hate it. But by the time we got to Mexico It was no longer an issue for I lacked the ability to taste the tequilla! :bounce: :earseek: :Pinkbounc

btw I think every man should be extremely happy when they meet/date a girl who qualifies for the LOTW. We're very rare, and it's a joy to watch us drink your friends under the table (esp when we take them out in shot for shot)....not that I have done this (at least not tooo often b/c it does embarass the boys) :drinking:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
10-23-2004, 03:08 PM
i am very happy with my girl...and hence this next trip will be a bit extra special (she will be my bride to be!...or i hope!)

as for next year...we're doing contemporary tower (facing mk) during the summer and maybe a night or two at the french quarter.

for the winter...i wnat to do the wilderness lodge...its sooooooooooo nice but for me it seems like more of a romantic winter resort than anything. ive stayed there once and my only complaint is that theres no monorail stop there :p

regardless...id like to do all moderate and deluxe resorts.

as of now my favorite has to be the boardwalk inn with a view of the boardwalk. hers is the polynesian...we shall see how things go! :)

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :crazy:

wildernesslodgelover
10-23-2004, 03:29 PM
OMG! I am going to cry! You are gonna propose? Seriously, I am feeling a bit misty right now! *sniff, sniff* Where are you gonna do it? How are you gonna do it? Do you have a ring? I wish my DH would have proposed there, but he and I were not into Disney back then (we have been married 8 years.) Does she suspect anything? How long have you two been together? Seriously...how old are you? Is that too personal? I am 36 if that makes you feel better.

Would you ever consider a Disney Wedding?

If so, can I go?

Will there be an open bar???

Cantw8
10-23-2004, 03:48 PM
OK suzywindy, what is a lapu lapu??? Are you holding out on us??LOL. You know, I was just thinking about something....I know when I go to Disney, I always think...."Why in the world do people come to Disney and walk around eating turkey legs???" I guess there are some people who think, "My God, can you believe people are DRINKING in Disney World....this family friendly place!!!!";)

RKC
10-23-2004, 06:15 PM
So is MK the only park with no booze?

Yes, as far as I know this is true. What's sad is that this is the park where you most NEED a drink!!!!:tongue:

-Rachael

snwarf
10-23-2004, 06:24 PM
This thread has REALLY gotten me and DH VERY EXCITED about our trip!!!

I just asked him if we were going to drink our way around the world...and he said "fron sunup to sundown!" WHOHOO!!:teeth:

I do have a question about mimosa's at the world...is the oj with or without pulp??? I don't like to "chew" my drinks....I like 'em to go down FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pixiedust23
10-23-2004, 06:54 PM
OOO AHHHH! thats great! I'd love to hear your plan as well!! Sorry, but you know how us females get about romance. We feed on it. Honestly I think if you offered a girl on a desert island food or a good romance, she'd pick the romance every time. princess:

Poohbear123
10-23-2004, 08:59 PM
This thread is 8 pages long!:earseek: COOL! Where can I get a nice Screwdriver?:confused: (The drink that is).;) I ONLY drink SKY Vodka now, not the cheap stuff!::yes::

disneyworld!
10-23-2004, 09:52 PM
ok, this is something I have NOT done in Disney, beening my daughter was always with me. NOW in Dec my friend Val is coming with me!! 2 single girls!!! we want to drink!
staying at the WL. what would be the best route for us?? also want to hit PI this trip!:earseek:

dsnylndmom
10-23-2004, 10:36 PM
Monorail Lounge Tour, those words bring a smile to my face!!!

Hello my name is Tina & I"m a Disney Drinking Lush;)

We have been talking about doing an "adults only" trip to the world and the Monorail Lounge Tour is #1 on the list!!! :tongue:

A tad OT, but close ;) I went to Disneyland the first weekend of Oct. on an adults only trip & we did some serious "indulging" there! Friday night included a Lounge Tour(hotels & DTD) with a trip on Tower of Terror in between lounges.

I stuck to different flavors of Martini's at each place, worked very well:hyper: and the Melon/Raspberry Martini is too die for!

I'm sooooo looking forward to my first time drinking around the world!! ::yes:: :wave: ;)

Lucky4me
10-24-2004, 07:42 AM
PSA:
Prime Time Cafe at MGM has cocktails to go.

I found this out by accident one day. My family decided to go on Star Tours. I didn't want to go so I thought I'd grab a quick drink at the bar at Prime Time. They came back so fast I never even got a chance to order. They didn't want to wait for me to have my drink. They were on full whine mode, especially my husband. ;) The bartender laughed and asked if I like fruity drinks. I said sure, make me anything you want. He handed me a large styrofoam cup with a lid and straw in it. I tell YOU, this was the best drink! A few sips and I was one happy park hopper! I think it took me four hours to drink the whole thing and I even shared with my husband. :bounce:

Ya really gotta love that level of customer service. :)

I wanted to know the name of the drink, but the bartender was off work by the time we went back to find out. :(

Dana49
10-24-2004, 08:28 AM
On the night before we leave, we always come up with a tour comparable to the "Monorail Crawl." We have done "The Crawl" before, so this is our newest. We call it the "Romantic Tour."

1st Stop - “BlueZoo” in the Dolphin Resort. This restaurant has a beautiful lounge with excellent seafood appetizers. Todd English opened BlueZoo on January 14, 2004.

2nd Stop – “Martha’s Vineyard Lounge” in the Beach Club. Their appetizers include ribs that are prepared at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Take the bus from the Yacht Club to the MK, and monorail to the GF.

3rd Stop – “Mizner's” in the Grand Floridian Resort. The most beautiful lounge at Walt Disney World. Their specialties include cognacs and shrimp cocktail appetizers. Mizner’s stays open until midnight.

We're planning on watching the fireworks from the GF boatdock at 9:15 P.M., a fitting stop to our last night's celebration. By the way, we have no children with us (both have grown up), so we're able to enjoy without worry.

wildernesslodgelover
10-24-2004, 08:51 AM
Dana-That sounds lovely! I have been to Mizner's Lounge and agree it is quite beautiful, but have not been to the others. I am glad to hear Blue Zoo has a seperate llounge area. Nice way to check the place out without committing to a dinner.

lucky4me-That was definitely "lucky for you!" LOL!

disneyworld!-Someone on this thread drinking at TL at the WL, then taking the boat to the CL, having a drink there, then monorail to Poly and GF! What fun!

pixiedust23
10-24-2004, 10:46 AM
You can get all your drinks to go in the world showcase too. It's nice to walk aournd with a drink in your hand! And you used to be able to walk around with your drink at PI (including outside b/w clubs) but I'm not sure if that is still the policy now that they allow everyone on the island and only adults in the clubs. I will def miss the jello shots waiters outside if this is the case!!! There's always room for jello....shots!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
10-24-2004, 11:44 AM
OMG! I am going to cry! You are gonna propose? Seriously, I am feeling a bit misty right now! *sniff, sniff* Where are you gonna do it? How are you gonna do it? Do you have a ring? I wish my DH would have proposed there, but he and I were not into Disney back then (we have been married 8 years.) Does she suspect anything? How long have you two been together? Seriously...how old are you? Is that too personal? I am 36 if that makes you feel better.

Would you ever consider a Disney Wedding?

If so, can I go?

Will there be an open bar???

whew...internet stops workin for a bit and I got soo much to catch up!

To answer your questions...

Yes. Polynesian Beach during Wishes before we go back to our room. Can't tell you yet! :). Yes. Maybe. Over a year now. I'm 22. It doesn't matter.

We're young, but we're just getting engaged, we still have to finish school. She's studying to be a medical doctor and I am working on electrical engineering. So we have plenty of time...I just want to make sure she's mine for good, mwhahahaha!. :p

Disney Wedding wouldn't be too bad, but I don't know convinient it'd be for the families...we've discussed a "what would we do if we went on a honeymoon" and GF was brought up. so that's definitely there.

Yes...and as for open bar...you know it! ;)

suzywindy
10-24-2004, 03:42 PM
Here you go cantw8:
Lapu Lapu - Tropical fruit juices and Myers dark rum served in a fresh pineapple topped with Bacardi 151 $9.99

I think because they float the 151 on top it is pretty strong. Since all of the drink does not fit in the pineapple they give you a little side car.....

I never look forward to seeing a pineapple so much!

Cantw8
10-24-2004, 05:00 PM
Lapu Lapu sounds awesome....definately gittin me one of them babies!!!

wildernesslodgelover
10-24-2004, 05:50 PM
Thanks for answering me, ahhhhhh! I am so excited for you! I want all the details, ok? Keep us posted!

JJ721
10-25-2004, 09:49 AM
A word of thanks to everyone on this board. This past Saturday night we had an impromptu gathering with another couple, also WDW nuts. As usual with these great friends, cocktails were flowing. Anyway, after a few Guiness and cosmos, I started telling them about this thread. They loved the idea of the monorail drink-a-thon! Even DW (who was actually a little tipsy - EXTREMELY rare) loved the idea. By 2:00 am we pinky-swore that our two familes would make a visit together in 2006!

Thanks for the discussions. Go LOTW!!!

leighe
10-25-2004, 11:25 AM
Hello all LOTW!

MAC3 - that's too bad we're going to miss each other. Any other lushes going to be in the World Dec. 17-23?

Wildernesslodgelover - are you a wine person? VF has an amazing wine list - lots of great ones from South Africa.

wildernesslodgelover
10-25-2004, 12:59 PM
Woohoo JJ! You have lots of time to plan and get excited about the trip!

leighe-Thanks for the tip...I do enjoy wine, but I do not necessarily appreciate "fine wines." I mean, don't get my wrong, I do not drink wines out of a box or Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill or anything...I just stick to moderately priced chardonnays and merlots. I keep meaning to take a wine tasting course, and definitely will one day. When we have our "mommy and daddy" evening at VF I will be drinking DIRTY MARTINIS baby!!!! Maybe at dinner at Boma I will try a nice South African wine. thanks for the tip!

MAC3
10-25-2004, 03:42 PM
I do enjoy wine, but I do not necessarily appreciate "fine wines." I mean, don't get my wrong, I do not drink wines out of a box or Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill or anything...I just stick to moderately priced chardonnays and merlots.

I like wines too (spoken like a tried & true LOTW) but not necessarily the $$$$ ones, I'm partial to Robert Mondavi's Pinot Noir.

Which ones do you like WLL?

JJ721- Aah and now you have partners in crime. It's a beautiful thing when you have friends that understand our addictions (both of them) LOL

ctrabada
10-25-2004, 06:03 PM
Here's my F&W trip report (like I said before, my DH stuck to wine and I did the beer run). We arrived at Epcot around 1:00 pm, met 2 other couples and off we went to WS (sorry for the long post):

Skipped Greece (no beer) & Florida (I live here)

Eastern Europe:
Beef Stroganoff (very, very good)
Me-Pilsner Urquell (ok, but not great... my friend had the Radegast and I tasted it... much better than the pilsner)
DH-Bulls Blood (very good)

Canada:
Honey Maple Glazed Salmon with pecans (excellent!)
Me-Labatt Blue (very good)... very disappointed they had no Molsen
DH-Inniskillin Vidal Ice Wine (very good)

Poland:
Kielbasa and Pierogies with sour cream (very good)
Me-Okocim OK Beer (good)
DH-Nalewka Babuni Cherry Wine (good)
Our friends tried the Honey Wine.... ugh, bad stuff... we threw it away

Great Beers of the World (next to UK):
Me-Boddingtons (excellent, of course)
DH-Stella Artois (very good)

France:
Escargot Provencal (very good)
Chocolate Creme Brulee (don't bother, it tastes like chocolate pudding..)
Me-Kronenbourg 1664 (good)
DH-edited to report he did have wine here... Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais-Villages (excellent) and there was a separate booth where he had the Vouvrey (also excellent)

Valencia Spain:
Marcona Almonds (good)
Gazpacho (good)
Serrano Ham and Manchego Cheese on warm olive bread (very good)
Me-nothing, no beer
DH-Castillo de Enguera Crianza Red (very good)

Morocco:
Beef Kabob (average)
We didn't drink anything from here

India:
We skipped it

Japan:
Tokyo Roll
Shrimp Tempura (very good)
Me-Kirin Ichiban Draft (very good)
DH-Takara Plum Wine (average)

United States:
We skipped it... line was too long and we can get all this stuff anywhere

Specialty Beer Garden:
Me-Bare Knuckle Stout (excellent)
DH-Woodchuck Granny Smith Cider (who cares!)

We skipped Piedmont and the Champagne & Sparkling Wine exhibits

Italy:
Baked Ziti with Sausage and Mushrooms (excellent)
Me-Moretti (very good)
DH-Placido Pinot Grigio (excellent)

Oktoberfest (Germany):
Knockwurst with Weinkraut (excellent)
Apple Strudel (excellent)
Me-Lowenbrau Oktoberfest (excellent).... No Becks!
DH-Dr. L Mosel Riesling (excellent)

Australia:
Marinated Shrimp (average)
Australian Lamb (average)
Me-nothing, no beer!!!!
DH-Penfolds Koonunga Hill Shiraz/Cabernet (very good)

South Africa:
Boma Beef (good)
Me-Tusker Beer (very good)
DH-Indaba Merlot (very good)

Southeast Asia:
Shrimp Lettuce Wrap (very good)
We didn't drink here...

China:
Chicken Sha Cha with Peanut Sauce (good)
Me-Tsingtao Beer (good)
DH-Akadama Plum Wine (good)

We skipped Ireland... I know, I know, but the line was too long and by now we were in no mood to make lines, if you know what I mean...

Mexico:
Fiesta Margaritas for everyone! Yummy!

New Zealand:
Lamb Chop with Mango Chutney (good)
Nothing to drink... still drinking the margarita

Peru:
Papas Rellenas (stuffed potato, not very good)
Again, still nursing the margaritas

We then walked to the Boardwalk, managed to get in to watch the Red Sox/Cardinals game and had 3 Killians. DH had 3 scotch on the rocks... bad mojo man.... next day, major hangover for him, but I was fresh as a daisy.... I love beer....

That's it, my fellow lushes... I hope I made you proud....

wildernesslodgelover
10-25-2004, 06:03 PM
Hello Mac! I REALLY like Kendall Jackson chardonnay, and also the merlot. I drink wines that are in the $10 a bottle range. I "do" Robert Mondavi very often (Uh, that sounds naughty, doesn't it...) Also, Lindemans Bin, Yellowtail...you know, the usual suspects!

Gonna try to figure out how to put "LOTW charter member" under my name in colors like ya'll do!

lynn71092
10-25-2004, 06:08 PM
ctrabada, I'm getting woozy just reading it and I can usually do pretty good in the beer department!:drinking1

wildernesslodgelover
10-25-2004, 06:12 PM
Ok, that's it *WLL throws down tiara and stomps on it* I proclaim Cristy the new queen! All hail Cristy!

Whoa, cristy...you are awesome! How did you feel at the end of the day? Tell the truth! Any idea how much this day set you back financially?

I think it is funny that the longest line was at USA! How pathetic!

ctrabada
10-25-2004, 06:19 PM
When we left Epcot, I was feeling pretty good... nice buzz but nothing earth-shaking... remember, most of the beer I drank was in 6 oz cups, although a couple of them were 12 oz because they didn't have the "sample" size.... that's why I skipped some.

However, after 3 large glasses of Killians at ESPN, well, let's just say I was not walking in a straight line.... we managed to grab a cab back to the hotel, take a shower and crash.... We started at about 1:00 pm and got back to our room around midnight... Like I've said before, I have a high tolerance for beer...

I woke up at 7:30 am, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, gave my DH some Tylenol (poor baby threw up... yes, he's a bit of a lightweight, although after all that wine and 3 scotchs on the rocks I'd be pretty slammed too) and left him snoring in the room, had a nice breakfast and a stroll around the hotel...

Oh, and to add my 2 cents to the wine conversation.... I absolutely love Robert Mondavi's Cabernet.... it's my absolute fav....

Financially, I haven't tallied the total... all I know is I brought $100 cash and somewhere along the way had to charge cuz we ran out! But, I already knew it was going to be expensive and prepared for it... after all, we only do it once a year!

pixiedust23
10-25-2004, 07:49 PM
Wow F&W sounds great! Maybe I"ll try and go next year! I'm sorry are you all saying there is something wrong with boxed wine? I officially had my last of boxed wine in May when I graduated from college. Sometimes I miss it. It just fits so nicely in the fridge, and it has such a cute little dispenser...ooooo boxed wine. Now I drink my White Zin from a bottle...

wildernesslodgelover
10-25-2004, 08:01 PM
LOL! Pixie...do you know that boxed wine...as well as screw top wine...is making a comeback? well, maybe not a comeback...what I mean is that you will be finding more higher quality wines in a box or with a screw top. I have read it in both Gourmet and Cooking Light magazine. So maybe you were on the edge of a trend...and you didn't know it! But I gotta say...get rid of the white zin and come join the grown up drinking world!!! LOL!

Cristy...yeah, I think wine (and scotch) will make ya puke. what a bummer for him. What hotel did you stay at? I think you said before, sorry I didn't remember.

Cantw8
10-25-2004, 08:21 PM
Ctrabada... most impressive, hope to out do you next week while I am there. What a great thread....:bounce:

ctrabada
10-25-2004, 08:38 PM
We stayed at the Pop Century. We love it there. But next year we will be staying "home" as we recently became DVC members. My DH and I love to stay at Pop for a weekend here and there...

FOTM_Ring_Bearer
10-25-2004, 09:19 PM
ctrabada - Loved your trip report. We would love to get back to the F&W festival, but dd's school schedules don't work out. Did you get to see the beat to the eat concert? I thought they had a good lineup this year.

btw, welcome home! what is your home resort? Our "home" is the BWV.

ctrabada
10-25-2004, 10:12 PM
We did not have a chance to see the Eat to the Beat concert. The day we went was the Commodores, but we wanted to sample as many countries as possible, so only dedicated ourselves to the food & beverages, otherwise we wouldn't have been able to eat/drink and tour. Mind you, we are Fla residents and AP holders, so it's not big deal for us; we don't need to see it all.

My home resort is SSR. My use year doesn't start until March 2005. We are very excited.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
10-25-2004, 10:24 PM
pop century is the home of my favorite pool bar :teeth:

robinb
10-25-2004, 11:11 PM
Someone asked about a Lapu-lapu. Here's a picture of one of mine from almost 2 years ago. Yes, there is only pineapple juice in my DD's cup!

http://personalpages.tds.net/~rb/DIS/LapuLapu.jpg

MAC3
10-26-2004, 05:55 AM
Hello LOTW Members,

WOW Christy amazing I am impressed I too will have to wait until DD is out of school (or doesn't want to come with us anymore to enjoy the F & W festival but it sure sounds great! Ofh & a big Welcome Home to a fellow DVC'er.

WLL- I've had Kendall Jackson as well I believe they make a pinot as well and I have had it before. I like the reds, not very big on the white wines (don't know why). I guess to me they taste sweeter.

I also like Woodbridge (but I think that's a Mondavi wine as well).

robinb, Don't think I've had one of them before but it sure looks tempting. Your DD is beautiful! But I have been to the bar you got it from.

pixiedust23
10-26-2004, 08:20 AM
I also like Reisling...does that make me a grown up? I thought moving from Pineapple and vodkas (my signature drink) and onto wine made me more grown up. Hey wait a second, I don't think I want to grow up!

MAC3
10-26-2004, 08:42 AM
I also like Reisling...does that make me a grown up? I thought moving from Pineapple and vodkas (my signature drink) and onto wine made me more grown up. Hey wait a second, I don't think I want to grow up!

I think it's once you get past Riunite (sp).

I wasn't insinuating anything PD23, I just never had the flavor for white wines. I do have a bottle of Reisling that someone gave me for Christmas.

I should give that a try. I used to drink Pineapple & Vodka too!

pixiedust23
10-26-2004, 09:01 AM
Pineapple and Vodkas are great! However after pretty much drinking only them for a year and half they start to wear on you! Yes I'm not much of red wine drinker. I don't like room temperature liquids, so I think that is where my problem lies. Plus clearly I enjoy sweeter drinks. (O and no offense taken)

MAC3
10-26-2004, 09:59 AM
;)

One of my absolute favorite drink (and it is a "sweeter" drink) is a Grape Crush.... Chambord, Vodka & sour mix/ lemonade.....

Except I use Pink Lemonade and I make them frozen. Try one sometime I think you'd like them.

pixiedust23
10-26-2004, 10:13 AM
YUM!!! That sounds great! I def will give that one a try.

I once had a drink called a "grape bill" which my friend bill had created one day in college while going through what we had in our fridge. It had grape gatorade, lemonade, vodka, o yes and grape jelly. It was awful!!! :crazy2: I never had any grape drinks since then, but I think it might be time to give grape another chance...as long as there is no jelly involved!

leighe
10-26-2004, 12:24 PM
What do I have to try while staying at the GF in December?

Cantw8
10-26-2004, 03:10 PM
Leighe....
Try not to have a heart attack when you get the bill at checkout LOL:teeth:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
10-26-2004, 04:13 PM
Leighe....
Try not to have a heart attack when you get the bill at checkout LOL:teeth:

http://www.************/images/emoticons/laugh.gif

awesome.

wildernesslodgelover
10-26-2004, 04:31 PM
Heehee, Cantw8....aren't you clever!

BTW-I JUST figured out your name means "can't wait!"

leighe-I do not know if GF has a specialty drink...although I am sure there is a fellow LOTW that may know something. I will always have fond memories of Mizner's Lounge at GF as that is the first place I ever had a dirty martini, which is now my signature drink!

Robin-That lapu lapu is beautiful! Looks like it is worth $10!!!!! And your DD is gorgeous!

pixiedust-Why don't you try a cosmopolitan? Vodka, splash of triple sec, lime juice and cran juice. Oh so pretty, too!

JJ721
10-26-2004, 05:27 PM
wildernesslodgelover - Have you tried Grand Marnier in your cosmo instead of triple sec? Quite tasty!! And what this has to do with Disney, I have no idea!!!

jtm1631
10-26-2004, 05:28 PM
Interesting thread. We usually partake in a beverage or two at Epcot since we travel with our children.

BTW, the beer with the lemon is usally a hefe weizen beer. These are wheat based, light (in taste not calories) beers served ice cold with a wedge of lemon. Great summer beers as the go down smooth.

Just my .02 worth.

JT

lynn71092
10-26-2004, 06:00 PM
Hey JT, fellow Chicagoan.
Where do you get that beer?
Is that in Epcot?
I like water with lemon, ice cold beer with lemon sounds interesting.:drinking1

wildernesslodgelover
10-26-2004, 06:14 PM
Yes, JJ, I have! And Grand Marnier has WAAAAY more alcohol percent that triple sec...and I really think I felt the difference after 3 cosmos!

I also like GM instead of TS in my margaritas. You know what else is good? ITALIAN MARGARITAS!!! Use Ameretto instead of triple sec...YUM!

Ok, gonna pour myself some chardonnay right now...this thread is making me THIRSTY!

robinb
10-26-2004, 07:19 PM
Robin-That lapu lapu is beautiful! Looks like it is worth $10!!!!! And your DD is gorgeous!

Thankd to you and MAC3 for the nice compliments :).

I happen to think the lapu-lapu is worth the extra $$. First of all, the drink is bigger than a normal drink. Secondly, it's served in a fresh, hollowed out pineapple.

When not drinking lapu-lapus, I'm a big dry Bombay Saphire martini fan. With olives. Shulas serves a nice martini as does Narcoossee's at the GF. Narcoossee's has a nice little bar in the middle of the restaurant. I think you *may* be able to take drinks on the deck. Does anyone know for sure?

wildernesslodgelover
10-26-2004, 08:43 PM
I hope someone out there knows for sure...I like knowing I can go to different restaurants and "experience" the atmosphere with just a cocktail and maybe an app!

FOTM_Ring_Bearer
10-26-2004, 09:36 PM
leighe - try the Grand Mimosa (sp) at the GF. It's really good.

wildernesslodgelover
10-26-2004, 10:06 PM
FOTM---We are gonna be at WDW at the same time! Yippee!

Rachael Q
10-27-2004, 01:41 AM
Just the thread I needed!

Disney is my thing and DH comes along to keep me happy. He was moaning that he would miss his Wednesday night at the pub with his mates (drink 3 beers and the 4th is free!).

So now I can tell him that I have planned a treat for him (not to mention that I think it's an awesome idea.

When we are the WL:
We'll start with a drink at WL, then a Lapu Lapu at the Poly, the contempory, the GF, and then back to our room at the WL for a nightcap (Baileys probably).

When we are at the Beach Club Resort - we'll head on over the the Big River Grille for the beer sampler.

Now what can we do when we are POR?

ctrabada
10-27-2004, 07:11 AM
At POR, you can take a boat ride to DTD, have a few drinks in the West Side restaurants or Pleasure Island, and hop on the boat back to the hotel.

Also, walk over to POFQ and they have a lounge with a live musician. We didn't get to go to the lounge because we were with our DD7, but we heard him from the lobby and he was quite funny, plus the music was not bad.

wildernesslodgelover
10-27-2004, 07:16 AM
Just wanted to say hello to Rachael and also that I was in Vancouver in April and LOVED IT! I didn't do as much as I wanted to...I actually got a little sick there and stayed in our room...but DH was happy to cross the street and go drink beers and eat fish and chips at Mahoney's on Burrard. We stayed at the Sutton Place. You have a beautiful place there...we also drove over the White Rock...I think it is in Surrey? Anyway....it is spectacular in your neck of the woods! You may not be that "into" the WL because it is similar to where you are coming from!

Gaiusrex
10-27-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Rachael Q

When we are the WL:
We'll start with a drink at WL, then a Lapu Lapu at the Poly, the contempory, the GF, and then back to our room at the WL for a nightcap (Baileys probably).

Wouldn't the loop be:

WL -> boat to CR -> mono to Poly -> mono to GF -> Mono to CR -> boat to WL

leighe
10-27-2004, 08:15 AM
Cantw8 - Hahahahaha! I'll try! I'm going to have the trip paid for before we leave so I'll really be able to tell what a lush I am after this trip. No "Well, I think this bill is so high because of the extra special room taxes!";)

Ok, so far that's a Grand Mimosa (I love Mimosas - I love champagne in any form!) and a dirty Martini. It's already looking like a bad day for the Teacups in MK!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
10-27-2004, 08:24 AM
teacups...:crazy:

if you were ever on the pirates and heard an obnoxious 'ARRRRR!' every 3 minutes...theres a 98% chance it was me http://www.imgmag.org/images/karmapoliced/NEOxNEW/pirate.gif

Rachael Q
10-27-2004, 10:03 AM
WildernessLodgeLover,

I'm not too concerned about being "into" the WL...I am actually Australian! I married a Canadian, which is why I am now here. But I love the whole cosy, woods, thing. (DH may not be into it, but that's why we are spending two nights at the beach club).

White Rock is really pretty. It's great on a summer sunday to go down to the beach and there is an excellent icecream place and lots of tempting shops.

Rachael

wildernesslodgelover
10-27-2004, 10:14 AM
Rachael-Ha! That is funny. Yes, it is very cozy. I am just nuts about that place. I am a native Floridian so for me it is the perfect getaway.

Oh, and I think Mahoney's was on Robson, not Burrard.

robinb
10-27-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Gaiusrex
Wouldn't the loop be:

WL -> boat to CR -> mono to Poly -> mono to GF -> Mono to CR -> boat to WL

I showed this thread to my friends who we are touring with on our next trip. I think this is exactly what we'll be doing. Park the car at the WL and have their 16 year old drive us back ;). I really like the WL's pool bar.

DOPEY44
10-27-2004, 12:13 PM
Some of my friends and I did the country crawl in April 99.
Started in Mexico, I stopped at America, and don't remember getting to Canada!

pixiedust23
10-27-2004, 01:01 PM
Dopey44 were you drinking beer or alcohol? We did a non-beer country crawl, started in France b/c we came in the back entrance from BCV, and went allt he way around to Mexico (skipping the US b/c well come on thats boring!)

wildernesslodgelover
10-27-2004, 01:16 PM
PD-Awww, dang it...I want that smiley drinking in my siggy. Is it easy to do? I absolutely love it!

gatour
10-27-2004, 02:14 PM
Going to the Outer Rim in the afternoon is almost a tradition for me. Seems like every trip, at least once, I will want to take a break from park touring and the Outer Rim is great for this. Easy to get to from the MK or EPCOT and is actually open in the afternoon. A lot of the other hotels' lounges don't open as early as the Outer Rim

ctrabada
10-27-2004, 02:22 PM
WLL: go to your User Cp and at the bottom type this (make sure you type everything without spaces before/after the brackets []):

http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/drink.gif
Proud to be a LOTW

I'm going to substitute () for [] so you can see what it looks like:

(img)http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/drink.gif(/img) Proud to be a LOTW (img)http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/drink.gif(/img)

That will get you the LOTW siggie. If you just want the drinking dude, use this:

Hope this helps

leighe
10-27-2004, 03:22 PM
I just showed my DH this thread and now he's a much bigger Disney fan than before! We always felt like we kind of had to "sneak" to drink - it is Disney, after all. He feels much better knowing there are other people out there who want to ride the monorail with a buzz!:crazy:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
10-27-2004, 03:45 PM
oh snap! cant forget the margaritas in coral reef!

http://www.dubnetwork.com/images/0528/14.jpg

awwww yeah.:crazy:

pixiedust23
10-27-2004, 04:00 PM
basically all you have to do is type the (colon symbol)drinking1 and that gives you the drinking guy. so : drinking1 (just with no space b/w the colon and the words. Hope that helps!

wildernesslodgelover
10-27-2004, 06:05 PM
I GOT IT!!! Thank you, PD! I am very computer impaired so I didn't have faith I would even be able to understand your instructions! But I did the second suggestion...: drinking one! Hee Hee! How cool!

Ahhhhhh...what an awesome pic of your girl!

leighe-Oh, he needs to know, ya'll are NOT alone! You are in good company!

JJ721
10-27-2004, 06:40 PM
Hey lynn71092, what area of Chicago are you from?

lynn71092
10-27-2004, 06:57 PM
Southwest side.:wave:

ziggystardust
10-27-2004, 08:03 PM
This is crazy - I don't check this thread in like 3 days (not by choice, work is awful) and it jumps to a million pages (i tend to exagerate!). I will definatly try this drink a thon this time around. Can't wait!!! Maybe we'll pass a few of you along the way!

December is getting closer everyday!!!!

wildernesslodgelover
10-27-2004, 08:12 PM
Cristy...forgot to say THANK YOU for trying to help me!

Do you live in Pem Pines? I work out EVERY DAY at L A Fitness on Flamingo!

ctrabada
10-27-2004, 08:14 PM
WLL,
You're kidding! I belong to that stupid gym and I haven't gone in so many months! what a way to lose $$$ (and, of course, the pounds keep piling up)... i feel so unmotivated.... what time do you usually go?

robinb
10-27-2004, 08:29 PM
What the heck does "LOTW" mean?

Lushes
Of
The
World
:eek: :confused: :eek:

wildernesslodgelover
10-27-2004, 08:44 PM
Robin-Ya got that right!

Cristy! LOL! I am there EVERY weekday from 8:20 a.m. (I go there after dropping off DD at kindergarten) to about 10 a.m.! I am addicted to that place and have made lots of friends there! I go on the weekends, too, but the times vary.

Now, after telling you that, you may expect that I am a buff, hot, fit chick, but that is not exactly the case! But now I am scared to stop exercising or I may weigh 500 pounds! LOL!

If you ever wanna workout with me, let me know (PM me!)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
10-27-2004, 10:11 PM
how does this go from being a lush to working out? :p

i use to hit up golds gym every day, had a VERY strict workout...was going great and very fit til my first trip to the polynesian...all downhill from there :/

ctrabada
10-28-2004, 08:12 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
You know, inevitably, any talk about alcoholic beverages will eventually lead to a conversation about our ever-expanding bulge lines... after all, we lushes pay a high price for our indulgences. Now everybody is drinking ultra light beers, but I find them tasteless... and not all of us look like your beautiful girlfriend.... plus I'm hispanic, dude... live without rice and beans??? without plaintains??? and not to mention my addiction to pasta!

When I get home tonight I will post a picture of us taken at the F&W, then maybe you'll understand ;)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
10-28-2004, 08:39 AM
I must explain that my girlfriend and I loooooooove to eat, and she's cuban! she's definitely with you! ;)

As for ultra light beer, my father said it best when he said...well maybe I shouldn't repeat it on here! :p

I think the magical part about disney for us is being lushes (going around the world) and eating at all of their fantastic restaurants...the rides are at a close 3rd...but the food and beverages comes on top.

Plus, when staying at the boardwalk...that waterslide...wooohoo! :crazy:

I'll post some more pics when I get them! ;)

MAC3
10-28-2004, 08:57 AM
Sorry guys but once that midline starts growing at a non stop rate Low Carb Beers are a God Send!

I am A LOTW fighting the battle of the Bulge and it's winning :rolleyes:

Cantw8
10-28-2004, 09:01 AM
I tried to get the drinking guys...let's see if it works. Hope I don't look like an idiot.

ctrabada
10-28-2004, 09:03 AM
cantw8, use : instead of ; and it'll work

Cantw8
10-28-2004, 09:04 AM
:eek: Whoops, looked like an idiot!!!! I need a drink.

Cantw8
10-28-2004, 09:07 AM
OK, here goes again:p

Cantw8
10-28-2004, 09:08 AM
OH boy:bounce: I am not a moron. I am not a moron

MAC3
10-28-2004, 09:21 AM
Is that our official emblem?

ctrabada
10-28-2004, 09:26 AM
PD23 started it, and we liked it! so, I guess... yea, it is! ;)

MAC3
10-28-2004, 09:28 AM
I an a Moron , I am a moron.

MAC3
10-28-2004, 09:36 AM
Ok moron status no longer applies! Well at least for now.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
10-28-2004, 09:42 AM
not 'til you finish a few drinks...;)

YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR my beer wench!

http://www.dubnetwork.com/images/0528/10.jpg

http://www.imgmag.org/images/karmapoliced/NEOxNEW/pirate.gif

wildernesslodgelover
10-28-2004, 09:55 AM
Cmon, ahhhhh...put the official logo on your siggy, too!

My DH is Cuban....I am all over that cuban food! Hope I do not offend anyone, but I would NEVER eat at Bongos at DTD...that is generic (and over priced) Cuban food...IMHO!

Cristy-Yeah, post a pic! If I knew how, I would post one, too!

Let me tell you....I am with AHHHHHH on his priorities. I am all about the drinks and restaurants...we just go to the parks to make DD happy! But this spring we are planning a ADULTS ONLY trip to WDW that will involve NO PARKS...unless we may want to go eat and drink at Epcot.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
10-28-2004, 10:00 AM
I would NEVER eat at Bongos at DTD...that is generic (and over priced) Cuban food...IMHO!

that's the LAST place I'd eat too...I can go outside and point in any direction and there will be a cuban restaurant...

I guess that's because we're in SOFLA.

We're planning on eating somewhere in DTD on our last afternoon in Orlando on our next trip...not sure where yet.

ctrabada
10-28-2004, 10:01 AM
I definitely agree about Bongo's. First, I used to frequent the restaurant owned by the people who manage Bongo's... Lario's on W. Flagler St. & 72 Ave. by Mall of The Americas in Miami. I used to eat there regularly when I lived in Miami and their food is much superior to what they serve at Bongo's and it's about half the price! Second, when I went and saw their prices (and let's face it, less than ample portions compared to their Miami counterpart), well.... sticker shock immediately ensued.... Their mojitos are not bad though.... and their cuban coffee is pretty good.... I love going to their walk-up window and order a cortadito and pastelito late at night... especially after a movie at AMC!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
10-28-2004, 10:04 AM
check out my new sig...

maybe we should use this...http://llusive.netfirms.com/Drunk.gif

:p

ctrabada
10-28-2004, 10:07 AM
ahhhhhhh,
avoid House of Blues.... service is terrible and the food is worse.

Wolfgang Puck's is ok.... we love to go with friends and drink, eat appetizers, and drink ;)

Fulton's... well, maybe when I win the lottery....

You have to eat a pretzel at that new place... I forget the name... it's next to the Earl of Sandwich

Capt. Jack's (next to Rainforest Cafe) has an incredible Clam Chowder... a cup is $4.99, a bowl is $8.99 (the bowl is not on the menu and we ordered it thinking it's the one listed... OMG! when I saw how much we spent on 3 soups and a beer I almost had a heart attack!)

Rainforest Cafe... well, another chain but I love their Mojo Bones.

That's all the restaurants I've tried in DTD. And of course, dessert at Ghirardelli's....

MAC3
10-28-2004, 10:13 AM
So I'm the only lush that still likes the parks?

Cantw8
10-28-2004, 10:17 AM
OK, one question.... how the heck do you work out without spilling yer drink:rolleyes: Ctrabada..thanks for the help with the smilie lush.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
10-28-2004, 10:24 AM
ctrabada, thanks for the tips!

mac, dont get me wrong...we still love the parks...especially after a few drinks...one time we went up for a single day with a couple of friends...went in to mk and left during lunch, had a bunch of drinks (beyond lushtastic) and went back to the park. let me tell you, thunder mountain was never that hilarious...we were all just being silly and it was too fun. i have the pictures to prove it, but i dont think its a good idea to post them on here :p

anywho...food, drinks, and rides....hey thats what disney is all about.

gosh, i cant WAIT til december!!!

ahhhhhhhhhh! :crazy:

leighe
10-28-2004, 10:38 AM
I love the parks! And the shopping! But the older I get and the more times I've been there, the more important the food and drinks become!:crazy:

I try to justify all the extra calories by walking around World Showcase and shopping A LOT! ;) Sure I'm spending money, but I'm working off all those lovely, fruity, tropical drinks. It makes perfect sense. Just like two negatives equal a positive. Drinking and shopping together neutralize the damaging effects of both!:p

ctrabada
10-28-2004, 10:40 AM
Lisa,
no, you're not the only lush who also loves the parks... i love all of them (ok, maybe not ALL, I really do not care much for MGM, except for RnR and Star Wars weekends...). Every park holds something special for me and I love visiting them.

This year, my theme was "doing something different at WDW" because we have been passholders for so long and we visit so often. So, we have been trying things/rides/events/restaurants that we usually do not go to... and we've had so much fun! My DD7 has gone on Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Mission Space, Test Track and the latest was Haunted Mansion... I'm so proud of her! She moaned and cried and was scared before each ride, and then, the ride is over and she says "I want to do that again!."

We still do our regular things, like F&W (every year we do this and we manage to increase our tolerance more and more each hear... see? practice makes perfect! ;) ) but we want to experience more of what WDW offers... we're having a blast! That's why we became DVC members!

ziggystardust
10-28-2004, 11:14 AM
I have to agree with you ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! about the restaurants and of course the drinks being a GREAT part of disney! I mean I'm sure I would travel there if they didn't have that stuff, but probably not as often;)

I have a whole list of new restaurants to try out this trip, and now thanks to this loverly thread, many many new drinks too.

Oh I can't wait!!!!! This counter better start moving a lot faster!

MAC3
10-28-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by ctrabada
My DD7 has gone on Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Mission Space, Test Track and the latest was Haunted Mansion... I'm so proud of her! She moaned and cried and was scared before each ride, and then, the ride is over and she says "I want to do that again!!

Believe it or not but our DD has just started going on certail things. Well about 2 yrs ago. Maybe that's why I love it all over again. It's like seeing it with a new set of eyes. But I can see where you all live so close the restaurants would become more special. You just mentioned all her favorite rides

Anyway, we have our quirks, DH won't step foot in AK anymore (so DD & I go over and do the things we love) and we have to leave MK half day to of course have a swim & maybe a beer too.

But Epcot is and will always be my favorite. Gosh, it's going to be a long winter.

ctrabada
10-28-2004, 11:55 AM
Your DH doesn't like AK??? I think it's my DH's favorite park! Either that one or Epcot. I am really torn b/w Epcot and AK... they both have things I love, but I lean more towards Epcot. My DH is an Engineer and though I'm now an Accountant, I have a degree in Biology... so, as you can see, we're both very scientific-oriented and Epcot appeals a lot to us. I love AK's beauty; it's so lush and tropical and I love walking it (except in the heat of course) and we can't go without going on the Kilimanjaro safari... it's our favorite! I'm trying to convince DD7 to go on Dinosaur... she just made the height requirement for Primeval Whirl and loved it! She's too scared (what a surprise) of Dinosaur but I'll keep trying.

ironz
10-28-2004, 12:11 PM
MAC3...just take your DH to AK and sit him down at the Dawa Bar. He'll enjoy that! :)

pixiedust23
10-28-2004, 12:28 PM
Ok I tried to post a pic but I couildnt figure it out. Can someone please help me?

ziggystardust
10-28-2004, 12:35 PM
Theres a whole thread about it in the technical support section. Just do a search for posting pictures. I tried to figure it out last night, got soooo close. But some of the directions didn't apply to me b/c i have a mac. At least thats why I think it didn't work!

ctrabada
10-28-2004, 01:16 PM
To post a pix, first you must load it to a website, such as www.imagestation.com. Once you load it, click on your picture and then click the right button on your mouse; select Properties; in the "Address URL" section, just select everything using your mouse and copy.

When you are posting your message, above the text box you are typing there is a button called "IMG". Click on it and then paste the URL from your picture. Voila! it should work

I had to try several times before I got it right, but you can test it on the Tech Board by posting test messages until you get it right.

MAC3
10-28-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by ironz
MAC3...just take your DH to AK and sit him down at the Dawa Bar. He'll enjoy that! :)

For some reason he feels as though the temp goes up 10 degrees when he enters AK. My DH sweats terribly standing still so he'd rather golf because that's so much more fun :bored: & much cooler.:rolleyes:

Anyway as for Dawa Bar, in April my DD, her friend & I saw a really great show while we were sitting there cooling down. It's my favorite stop. I'll always to the sprint for the fast passes so I can stop.

lynn71092
10-28-2004, 02:34 PM
What's the Dawa Bar?:confused:

MAC3
10-28-2004, 02:44 PM
If I'm not mistaken it's the only place in AK you can get alcoholic drinks. Does anyone know of any other place?

Cantw8
10-28-2004, 02:46 PM
I remember having a beer in one of the counter service restaurants. Was it Pizzafari? Which ever one also sells McDonald hamburgers....I think.

lynn71092
10-28-2004, 02:54 PM
We get beer at The Flame Tree barbeque.:drinking1

ziggystardust
10-28-2004, 02:59 PM
Since this is the LOTW thread, you all would probably know best.

Is it a rule in all of the "world" that you can not buy more than 2 beers at a time (this happened to us numerous times in England at Epcot)? Or is this only an Epcot thing?

MAC3
10-28-2004, 03:00 PM
I've never been in there. Next time, I'll check the map first! On my way back from Dawa Bar I had at least a dozen people ask me where I got the beer.

wildernesslodgelover
10-28-2004, 03:19 PM
ziggy-I am not sure about that. I know when we stay at WL and go to the quick service restuarant/food place (why is the name escaping me right now?) they have a rule about only 2 beers. So DH makes me get two, so he can I have four! (As previously stated...I do not care for beer.)

Ahhhhhh-Just want you to know we ate at Portobello's Yacht Club and we enjoyed it very much!

Cristy-I want to get more info on DVC. I do not understand how it is a "deal"...it just seems so expensive to me! Obviously there is something to it or no one would join, but I just don't understand the whole "points" thing.

ironz
10-28-2004, 04:01 PM
At least at the Dawa Bar...the bartending CMs must actually see each person a drink is for. And that makes perfect sense, so that one person doesn't buy a bunch of drinks and distribute them to minors.

MAC3
10-28-2004, 04:06 PM
ziggy- I do believe that is the rule in Disney. 1 drink per person (or maybe I should say checked I.D. What leaves me to believe this is true is because everytime we leave the room I ALWAYS forget my license.

DH gets so mad because now he has to run everywhere to get the drinks......

ziggystardust
10-28-2004, 05:07 PM
DH gets so mad because now he has to run everywhere to get the drinks......

That was one of our issues. We were a group of 4 and trying to stake out a spot for illuminations and the line at the beer stand in England was so long, we didn't want to have to keep waiting on line. Trying to have the best of both worlds got a little bit annoying, especially since we were downing the beer pretty quick!

pixiedust23
10-28-2004, 05:18 PM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4dd34b3127cceba2dfc0f53060000002010

Ok I have no idea why this is so small. I uploaded it from shutterfly.com I'm in the middle and my 2 bff are on the sides. This is our last and final destination on our country crawl...MEXICO! (aka margaritas)

wildernesslodgelover
10-28-2004, 06:52 PM
Pixie...YOU'RE SO TINY!!!! heehee...can't even see you!

Well, at least you attempted to add a pic. I am scared to even try!

Cantw8
10-28-2004, 07:00 PM
Help me my fellow LOTW.... Something just occurred to me and it scares me to my very soul.l:confused: I am heading to the world this Tuesday....election day. What are the alcohol laws like in Florida? Here in Pennsylvania, bars, liquor stores and beer distributors are all closed on election day. Probably some "blue law" from way back when so that a person could not become intoxicated and persuaded to vote for someone they may not have otherwise voted for.

Is this the case in Fla? OMG :eek: Will the Food and Wine festival be closed on election day? How 'bout the bars? What about the merchandise stores that sell booze?????

I guess I could always resort to the mini bar in our room at the Dolphin. Am I going to dry up??? Please, say it aint so?????

pixiedust23
10-28-2004, 07:03 PM
Not sure what FL's policy is. I hope its not the same here in NJ, b/c Nov 2nd is bff bday and we intend on living it up! A little interesting fact to know however: On election day in the country of Belize no liquor is sold anywhere. Period. (I discovered that when I took a cruise to Belize a few years back.) It was however a beautiful country if you ever wanted to go.

Warning: These pictures include lots of alcoholic beverages! (http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EegN2LZoybtmFZ) :drinking1

MAC3
10-28-2004, 07:04 PM
I doubt it Cantw8... Not when Disney could stand to lose money on all our drinking pals. Don't be scared, have a drink everything will be just fine!

wildernesslodgelover
10-28-2004, 07:19 PM
Cantw8-I am a native Floridian and I have never heard that, so I don't think you'll have a problem!

PD-Great pics! Thanks for sharing! which one are you?

ziggystardust
10-28-2004, 07:29 PM
Oh wow! I finally got a picture up! WOOOHOOOO!

pixiedust23
10-28-2004, 08:40 PM
I'm the little blonde one. In Epcot I'm wearing a pink tank top. I'm the one who ALWAYS has a drink in my hand...I wonder why that is?

ctrabada
10-28-2004, 08:42 PM
Ok, as promised, here are some of my pics... I'll be the fat, ugly one...

This was taken at the beginning... we were still sober...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid144/p51c6dae88d97262a5d30b3bd85e5f917/f67839e8.jpg

Of course, you can guess by the silly hats and the even sillier faces that this was at the end...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid144/p5ff6a27b183317fca5ac717a48f26605/f67839cf.jpg

And just for kicks, this was German (my DH) dressed as a Star Trek captain with my DD as Princess Jasmine when we went to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party the day after....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid144/p8b5608c4444b8bad073daafd06511e14/f67839d7.jpg

wildernesslodgelover
10-28-2004, 08:47 PM
Cristy-Your DD AND you are both adorable! I love your hair color. You don't look Cubana!

Ziggy-Great pic...where was that taken?

Ok, I am gonna TRY to post a pic....

ctrabada
10-28-2004, 08:53 PM
WLL, you're a sweetie... but after seeing pics of all the beautiful girls on this thread... well, let me say it took quite a bit of courage for me to post one of myself... you will rarely see me in front of a camera. My DD, however, she's beautiful.. not that I'm biased or anything ;)

Thanks about the hair color compliment... I tell ya, it's not cheap! :crazy: My hair stylist is the best... I drive from Broward to Coral Gables every 2 months just for him to do my hair... and of course, I get the last appointment so we can go out and drink! (he's become a good friend)

Oh, and I'm not Cuban! nope, born and raised in PR from Argentinian parents... but my accent is Cuban... LOL, living too long in So Fla!

ctrabada
10-28-2004, 09:25 PM
WLL,
I forgot... about DVC... go to the DVC forum here; you can get a lot of info. Also, go to a presentation; I highly recommend Kimble Moore. He's not our guide but he gave my sister a presentation that was very comprehensive.

Basically, DVC allows you to prepay your vacation for the next 38-50 years. It took me a loooong time to make a decision to buy, but I'm glad I did. I can't use my points until next year, but I can't wait. I am an accountant, so you know I ran more numbers than most people would think was sane...

Basically, if you vacation in Disney at a mod/deluxe hotel at least once every other year, it'll pay off...

ziggystardust
10-28-2004, 09:41 PM
Ziggy-Great pic...where was that taken?

At the sci-fi diner last august. It was my DBF and my first vacation together. Since then, we went back in Feb for a long weekend, and now going back in December. I guess we can't get enough!!!

IloveDMB
10-29-2004, 12:49 AM
Best Thread Ever!

I had so much fun reading through this whole thread. It gave me a lot to think about. I've yet to visit the world after I turned 21. Now I have a whole different side of DW to explore! I can't wait.

BTW, in New Jersey, they do not stop selling liquor on election day. Have a good time on Tuesday!

wildernesslodgelover
10-29-2004, 06:28 AM
Cristy-I am camera shy,too! Oh, I thought you said you were Cuban. I am pure gringo, but born and raised in Miami so I guess I have a little cubana in me, plus my DH is Cuban. I will check out DVC....I trust you since you know numbers. I get VERY confused by all that. Let me just ask you this....does it pay off if you want to go to a mod or deluxe a few times a year? (as opposed to every other year?)

I loveDMB-I am ENVIOUS" that you get to discover the WDW of the LOTW! I think Ahhhhhhh can definitely lead you in the rigfht direction!

Ziggy-I have never been to the scifi. is it good? Yeah, sounds like you guys are HOOKED on WDW...I wish I would have enjoyed WDW BEFORE DH and I had our DD. Although we both had been several times thru the years (usually when we were younger, and we both stayed offsite with our folks) we really soak it all in now, and appreciate it now.

ctrabada
10-29-2004, 06:41 AM
Ziggy, I would also like to know if you liked the sci-fi; I think we went there once, but I'm not sure... I have been a Disney fan forever, but I hooked my DH when we first started going out... our 1st weekend away together was at the Dolphin... he became a passholder with me that year! So, I had to marry him... ;)

WLL, the more you go to WDW, the more it pays off to buy DVC. We bought 210 points, enough to stay a couple of weekends (higher seasons) in a studio and 5 nights (value season) in a 1-BR. The minimum you can buy is 150 pts. Just do the numbers... how much do you spend every year staying in WDW? Multiply by 50 yrs and add a factor for inflation every year... Compare that with what you will pay for DVC...

IloveDMB, you will definitely enjoy WDW in a new way... plus, it's so nice to know that there are others that love to enjoy the "adult" side to WDW too... this thread is my favorite because I found people just like me who love Disney and it's "adult" side...

pixiedust23
10-29-2004, 08:31 AM
I've eaten at sci-fi and I really enjoyed it. You really do feel like youre in a drive in movie, its great. The one disadvantage I find is that you can really only have a conversation with one other person (the person sitting next to you) b/c you would have to turn around to talk to anyone else in the car. Its just the way the cars are set up to make it seem authentic.

DMB- thanks for the heads up on NJ...glad to hear the liquor will not stop flowing!

WLL- Our family found that we got so much value for our pts that we went back and bought more, when the BCV opened (now we have at VWL and BCV). It's a great deal and it's nice to know that your hotel accomdations are already paid for when traveling down to disney.

MAC3
10-29-2004, 08:52 AM
WLL- Our family found that we got so much value for our pts that we went back and bought more, when the BCV opened (now we have at VWL and BCV). It's a great deal and it's nice to know that your hotel accomdations are already paid for when traveling down to disney.

Us too!! VWL & BCV

Oh BTW great pictures!!! Nice to put a face with a name.

Christy- don't be so hard on yourself your pretty.

PD23- You ladies sure looked like you were tearing it up. Looked like fun. I used to travel with my BF too, many years ago... I don't think we ever had that much wine though.

I'll add my $.02 on Sci-Fi.....

It is huge on Atmosphere(cheesy, classic horror movies) on a drive in screen. It is a nice relaxing (cool) place to get out of the hot Florida sun and recoup..... we go every year (DD LOVES it) but go for lunch as the food is just "basic" nothing spectacular.

Burgers are always a good choice, but they have great drinks on the menu! We will be going again next year.

ziggystardust
10-29-2004, 09:05 AM
I love the Sci-Fi and its a must every trip. I have to agree about the conversation part, its kinda hard especially if you are in a group of more than 2. The drinks are great- and I really enjoyed the spinich artichoke dip! I think I've always stuck to the burgers there and they have always been great. From what I hear though, the more fancy meals on the menu - aren't that great. But like I said, I've always enjoyed it.

robinb
10-29-2004, 10:36 AM
pixiedust23,

What great pictures! 8 countries in 2 hours?!?! You are a lush! BTW, which one is you? I'm not surprised that your friend dropped out ... she looked a little tippy in Norway :).

Pkaroch
10-29-2004, 12:21 PM
I think I have found kindred spirits...you have all given me some fabulous ideas for drinking themes in December!!!! I had no idea such treasures could be found in WDW...and my friends say it's only a kiddie place. HA!

All I can say is thank heavens for Disney transportation...

ziggystardust
10-29-2004, 12:30 PM
I've heard many stories about the craziness of the Disney busses on the way back from PI (usually the last bus of the night). I can't wait to experience that. If anyone has any stories, please share!!!!!

IloveDMB
10-29-2004, 12:51 PM
I love the Sci-Fi. We used to go every trip when I was younger. I haven't been to DW with my family since 96 but now we are going in April. Perhaps we'll go to the Sci-fi when there.

Just got a postcard in the mail. I'm trying to figure out if I can fit a little trip in this or next month. Those rates are so good!

I can not wait to try all the drinks everyone is describing.

robinb
10-29-2004, 03:37 PM

We're also DVCers. We own at OKW and had to buy more points at BWV, both contracts on the resale market. Since you love the Wilderness Lodge, you may want to look into buying a resale there. I stayed in a studio in the Villas at Wilderness Lodge on my last visit. Here are some pictures from All Ears: http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/g_wlv.htm .

If you stay at least once a year in moderate or deluxe resorts, DVC may be worth it to you :).

DisneyaHolic23
10-30-2004, 08:03 PM
I will echo the thought of many others, "I've found home, and a group of soulmates!" I love this thread!!

I am leaving in a week for the Food and Wine Festival (our first foray), and am excited. Since we are staying at Wilderness Lodge on this trip, I am excited to try the Monorail Crawl.

It is funny - I have a bunch of friends that think we are weird for going to Disney World so often. I guess they picture us on the teacups! If only they could see us, strolling in gorgeous weather with a cocktail! We have met so many fun people on our Around the World excursion. My husband has created lanyards for us now, that we get signed in each country. It is a great souvenir!

Remember, what happens in The World, stays in The World!!

wildernesslodgelover
10-31-2004, 08:06 AM
Disneyaholic...haha...your name is so appropriate! Yes..."what happens in THE WORLD stays in THE WORLD!" I LOVE IT!

I know what you mean, about friends not understanding. I was telling some friends that DH and I are goinf to take a "just us" weekend in the spring and leave DD6 with my folks and the were incredulous. "What? Why don't you go somewhere else?" Like you, I guess they think we love the rides and the parks. But we want to hit Pleasure Island (can you believe I have never been in my entire life????) and really savor some lounges and restaurants there.

Have a BLAST at the F&W fest and please give us a full trip report on this thread! Check out ctrabada's report and see if you can top that one! LOL!

DisneyaHolic23
10-31-2004, 10:06 AM
You can't imagine how many parts of this thread I had to cut and paste for my upcoming trip!!

I will post a report (at least the LOTW report) on our trip, but don't count on the quality of ctrabada's!! I am currently working on writing a Disney World guidebook (I figured, if I am going to go often, I may as well write it off!), so this review - my first time to Food & Wine - is really important. My book is going to focus on the unique parts of Disney. Every guidebook has much the same information, but when I go at Christmas, for example, I want to read more than a couple of paragraphs! So, I will focus on really writing about holidays and special events. I will have a full chapter on LOTW - I had previously planned to write about Beer Around the World Showcase - but after reading this thread, I plan to do my homework on this next trip, and expand the chapter to the entire World.

By the way, I've read that MGM is many people's least favorite park. Be sure to check out the 50's Prime Time Diner lounge. DH and I have experienced some of our best Disney Time ever in that lounge!!

leighe
10-31-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by DisneyaHolic23

Remember, what happens in The World, stays in The World!!

I had to show this to my DH! This is what he says every time I ask him about his bachelor party - expect they were in Vegas! Good thing one of his friends dates one of my best friends, and he can't keep his mouth shut so I know all about it!

I think I'm going to make that my rule about drinking and shopping at WDW! Especially since DH isn't coming on the next trip.

I love this thread but I haven't had time to add the cute little drinking man to my siggie.

Disneyaholic - how cool! I want an autographed copy when it comes out!:D