View Full Version : DS 6/16 Magic Trip Report - Long Part 2

07-21-2001, 11:00 AM
Tuesday (Day 5) - St. Maarten - I woke up to see a cargo loading dock right outside our window. My mom and my sister had left to go on the Island and Butterfly Tour. My dad and I were going to stay on the ship, since our excursion hadn't came through. I got dressed and sat on our patio and looked at them loading small boats. I put on my watch, hey holder and hat and left for Topsider's buffet for breakfast.

I had bacon, cantalope, crossiants, rolls, omeletes, and waffles. After I ate I went for a walk on the top of the ship. When I turned a corner I was amazed to see this huge hip. Ours was wider and longer, but theirs was taller. I looked at the ship for awhile and then looked at the town and thre rest of the island. I then decided to go in front of the windshield, it wasn't windy since we weren't moving.

I then went downstairs to walk around. I went to the Pluto Express breakfast to see the menu. I then went to play at Quartermasters. At about 11:30 I got some pizza and coke. I ate in our room. I then asked dad if he was hungry. We had cokes, I had a hotdog and he had a hamburger. After lunch we went to St. Maarten. We went down to the forward on deck 1. We showed our room keys and down the ramp. We started towards the welcome center. The stores were packed. So we decided to walk up and back on the dock. We then showed our room key and he checked us in.

At 1:30 I went to our room to meet my sister and mom. We were going to go shopping in town. My sister wanted to go to her club. The camera mom had brought had broken on the tour. We left the ship the same way. We bought a camera, towels, and wooden statues. We then went back to the welcome center, where we bought mints, chocolate, and a doll for my sister. I ran back with the chocolate.

When I had put the chocolate in the mini refrigerator I went down to the 4th desk to watch the other ship pull out. My family was taking a nap. I decided to walk around the Atrium. I got my picture taken with two characters by photographers. I went up to play at QuarterMasters. At 7:30 I went back to my room and woke up my parents. We then changed into our tropical clothes.

We went down to dinner. My sister had gone back to her club instead. There was a show where the servers got kids and took them dancing around the room. I noticed that there were roses in the light fixture. I had fetticine alfredo and cheese stickets for dinner at Luminiere's. Imogen told us that she would be at the party.

We picked up Katie on our way to the TROPICALifragilisticexpialidocious deck party. Once we got up there we saw the band. When the characters came and danced I got great pictures. After the ship started moving we went to the dessert table. There we saw our server.

When we got back to our room we saw a towel animal with glasses on. I looked at the Personal Navigator. I got ready for bed. I planned a schedule. I made sure the beach bag was ready and then I went to bed.

Wednesday (Day 6) St. Thomas: I got ready to go to the beach. It was only 6 a.m. My dad and I went and got breakfast at the coffee station. When we started off it was 7:15 a.m when we got to the 1st floor forward. We got off the ship early at about 7:35 a.m.

We caught a taxi to the water taxies. We took a ferry over to St. John. When we got there we rented a jepp and went to get snacks at the deli. We got a crossiant, chips, and drinks. We then drove for 10 minutes.

When we got there we found a area where there was a tree that we could hang our things on. My sister and I made a sand castle, while my parents went snorkeling. After I finished the sand castle I went snorkeling with my mom. Later I used half of the crossiant and fed the fish, while snorkeling. We then drove into town.

We went to a cool T-shirt store. We got shirts and hats. We then returned the jeep. We caught a different boat that would take us to the port area near our ship. We saw our ship when we got off, it looked far away. We walked all of the way back. I saw the U.S.V.I. Boy Scout Council building and Blue Beard's Castle. When we came to the port we saw a shopping area.

When we got to our room it was 4:15 p.m. We got changed, then I got drinks and pizza. My dad and sister took a nap. My mom and I watched the rest of the sailaway from the aft 7th floor overlook. I went to QuarterMasters. We met outside the theatre for the premiere of Atlantis.

When I got near the theatre I saw crew members dressed as fans asking for your autographs. I met my mom there. We got good seats at the top middle area. They had filmed people coming in. After the show we went back to our room to change.

We went down to dinner at Parrot Cay. I had fetticine alfredo and a mickey bar. My dad took my sister to bed. My mom and I went and played games at Quartermasters. Then my dad and I went to see Atlantis. We bought a coke and a bag of popcorn. After the show we went to our room.

When we got there we saw a cool towel animal. I looked at the personal navigator for the next day. I then made a schedule for the next day and went to bed.

Thursday - (Day 7) at Sea When I woke up, I got ready to go to Topsiders for breakfast. We then left to go upstairs to Topsiders. When we got there we got eggs, bacon, fruit, waffles, and pastries. We ate for about half an hour. Then I went to Quartermasters.

I played at Quartermasters until 11:15. I then got pizza and coke and ate in the room. After lunch I went to the Captain's Signing Session. After that I went back to Quaartermasters. At 1:45 I went back to our room and changed into my formal clothes (except jacket).

My dad and I went to see Pearl Harbor. I got us cokes and we found great seats. After the movie we ran over to Disney Dreams. My sister had seen the 3:15 show with her club, and wanted to see it again. My mom gave me my jacket. After the show we went Pin Trading.

We ate a Animator's Palate. I thought the coloring show was boring. After dinner I changed and went to my lab. Once I got there they gave out hats and pizza. I played computer games for awhile. I then went and got pizza from the pizzeria.

I met my parents at the room. I looked at the towel animal and ate my pizza. I looked at the Personal Navigator. I got the beach bag ready for the next day. I then made a schedule for the next day.

Friday - (Day 8) Castaway Cay - My mom woke us up at 7 a.m. Once my dad and I were ready we went to the coffee station. Since it was 7:15 I got some food from Topsiders for all of us. After we ate we went down to deck 1 where we went down the hall. We waited there for a half hour. Then we started to move, it appeared they had let us go before the people who were upstairs on the stairwell.

They didn't check our card. Once we got off we had our picture taken in front of the ship. I ran ahead to get a hammock. On the way I got my picture taken with two characters. I got a hammock, then I went and got beach toys, inner tube, and floaty. We ate at Cookie's BBQ later for lunch. Then later my mom and I went snorkeling, while my sister and dad went back to the ship. Then we went shopping and took the tram to the ship.

When we got to our room we changed and I went to see Atlantis again, while they went to see the Farewell Variety Show. I then met my parents at the pin trading area. We then bought the rest of our pictures from Shutters. We then went to Luminiere's for dinner.

After dinner I went to finish my card at Quartermasters with my mom. We got some pizza and coke. We ate in our room. Later I had a couple mints and finished packing. Then after taking pictures of the towel animal we went to bed.

Saturday (Day 9) leaving We woke up at 6:30, since our main bags were gone we put our dirty clothes in the carryons. I got ready and double checked everything. Once everthing was ready we left to eat at Luminiere's. When we got down there we found the lobby packed with 6:30 diners trying to leave. When the doots opened we went to our table.

After having breakfast, we said goodby to our servers. We went to the restrooms. We then stood in the crowd trying to leave. When we got off we had to put the fruits on a table (ship fruit too). We went down the escalators to the custom's area.

We got our bags and waited in line. After that we waited for the Radisson shuttle. When we got to our car, we loaded our bags. Finally, even though I had fun, I was going to go home.

07-21-2001, 03:11 PM
skeegan - love both of your trip reports. How old are you? I have an 11 year old son and he is very excited about the cruise. He wants to know what type of games you saw at quatermasters?

07-21-2001, 07:00 PM
I'm 12. There is air hockey, tokyo wars, spider stomp, crazy taxi, shark hunter, jet ski contest, stop the light prize winner, pick it up crane machine, fighter jet game, snow ski game. At the ESPN zone there is a baseball and basketball video games.

07-22-2001, 01:48 AM
This was a very nice detailed trip report! Good job!

07-22-2001, 05:06 PM
Loved your trip report ,very proud of you. We are the parents of a 10 y/o and we have decided to have our son do a tripreport when he returns.Also we will have him read his report to his class as an extra project because he will be missing so many days out of school for this trip...

Did you have to wright this trip report for a class project or did you do this on your own,it was verry good :pinkbounc :bounce:

07-22-2001, 05:11 PM
Loved your trip report ,very proud of you. We are the parents of a 10 y/o and we have decided to have our son do a tripreport when he returns.Also we will have him read his report to his class as an extra project because he will be missing so many days out of school for this trip... we are going on the magic 12/1/01 7 day

Did you have to wright this trip report for a class project or did you do this on your own,it was verry good :pinkbounc :bounce:

07-22-2001, 07:14 PM
Thanks. No this was not a school project. Mom was writing a trip journal so I thought I would do one also.

07-22-2001, 11:17 PM
Thanks for posting your vacation adventures.
We love to hear from a kid's point of view. It
sounds like you had a great time. I can't wait
to try that pizza- it must have been good! My
13 year old son will be spending some time at
Quartermaster, too.

:smooth: :jester: :earsboy:

:wave: Jan

07-23-2001, 08:16 AM
Loved your report! I took my family on the 4 nite Wonder cruise in Jan. and we loved the pizza too. Glad to know the pizza is good on the Magic as we are taking the 7 nite cruise in Sept. My grand daughter will be with us again for this trip. She will just turn 10 a couple weeks before the cruise and she is a little nervous about being in the 10 -12 year old group. She is very shy. Did you meet any kids your age at the club that you hung around with there?
Thanks again for any tips you might have for her.

07-23-2001, 11:38 AM
Great job! My DD is 8 and is counting the days until our Aug. 4 trip on the magic!

She loves to read trip reports by children!

Thanks for posting!

07-24-2001, 10:16 PM

Yeah, I met about three kids I hung around most of the time with at the club. It is easy to meet kids at the club.


Nboro kid
08-07-2001, 03:50 PM
loved the trip report
I have a question about the snorkling at Castaway Cay.
Is it hard to see when you go in the afternoon or is in not too bad. 'Cause I'm always reading boards about how the snorkling in the afternoon isn't good at all.


08-07-2001, 10:58 PM
I didn't have any problem seeing in the afternoon. The fish were always there and you could see the hidden mickeys, wagon wheels, and postbox real well. I didn't have any problem, we snorkeled until they made us stop.