PDA

View Full Version : Really scared for my health now.

Zoesmama03
10-02-2004, 11:49 PM
I've posted before about my family history of diabetes and heart disease and I just have to say my mom is getting sooo bad with the diabetes that last time her dr. said she'd have to start giving herself insulin shots. And now she's having big time troubles with her eyes and it really scares me. I'm working on my weight issues though so I hope that I can avoid these problems.

Makes me so scared to think. I think this is enough fear to get me in shape. Since I've taken up the October challenge I think it will help a ton. :) Still scares me though.

decaff38
10-03-2004, 07:58 AM
You can have control of your health. You are doing all the right things. Just stick to them. Our parents didn't have all the good info we have about how to stay healthy. They just made up most of it as they went along. Reaserach your families condidtions and make the changes. Everything else is up to fate and God. Take care of yourself and try not to be pesimistic and your days will go smoother and less stressful. You sound like you are doing healthy things already . Just keep it up.

Great health to you!!

lulu201
10-03-2004, 09:31 AM
Hi, Melissa. I know first hand how difficult it is to watch a parent ill with diabetes; I lost my dad 12 years ago to kidney failure due to diabetic complications. I knew then that one way I could honor my dad's memory would be to take care of myself and do all I could to stop diabetes from continuing to be a part of the family history. You can do that, too, Melissa--you've already started; you're here on the WISH!:Pinkbounc Do it for YOU, do it for your mom, do it for Zoe!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

:hug: ,
Erin