PDA

View Full Version : I'm reading South Beach Diet book..

Zoesmama03
10-02-2004, 12:01 PM
I started reading the South Beach Diet book yesterday. I find it very interesting as I was trying to do partial Ornish and Weight Watchers because I do well with WWs. I just haven't got myself up to journaling yet. I think the south beach might be something I could try. Right now we are on strict budget and we bought and were given a ton of pasta so it ain't happening for a month or two but I will still be doing portion control and journaling(if not points atleast what I ate) to keep myself in check. I'm also doing the October Exercise challenge. :) Woohoo hope to see some weight moving again this week.

My only problem is I don't like meat all that much to begin with and I'm trying to get to vegetarian. But have had 2 and sometimes 3 days in a week where i have had meat. :( Mostly chicken though. I don't care much for red meat or pork. As I am doing vegetarian for health reasons I think chicken will be okay but I'd really like a ton more whole raw veggies in my diet it just seems to cost sooo much for them at the store. There is a local veggie/fruit co-op in my area where I can get 80 lbs of produce for $65-$80 though.

My mini goal is to reach 250 by New Years Day. :) I know that is possible. 20 lbs in 3 months is pretty reasonable right?

sm4987
10-02-2004, 12:46 PM
Sounds totally reasonable. I've been on SBD since Feb. and have lost 51 pounds. It is possible not to eat so much meat. Eat the fish and the chicken. Lots of eggs. I do think it is extremely adaptable. Especially for you in phase 2. Good luck with your journey.

nativetxn
10-06-2004, 03:52 PM
Welcome to WISH, <b>Zoesmama03</b>. I'm very glad you found us and I hope you can visit often.

Losing 20 pounds in 3 months sounds reasonable to me. Good luck!

Katholyn

PS The child in your signature clipart is just precious, such a beautiful child.

Zoesmama03
10-06-2004, 04:00 PM
Thank you Katholyn. She is my daughter my pride and joy. :)