PDA

View Full Version : Low carb weigh in----

d4est
09-27-2004, 03:11 PM
It seems like there are more WW people out there than LC'ers....

Anyway, I just wanted to do my week one report. I am doing Atkins, started last sunday 9/19 and had lost 7 pounds before that. My week one weigh-in...................8lbs!!!!:jumping1: Very excited.

This week is starting off well. Hope to keep it up! Are there many more LC'ers around?

Hollyann
09-27-2004, 07:23 PM
Congratulations! I'm a low-carber. I also am low fat. My doctor basically mixed the best of South Beach & Atkins and viola! Eating lifestyle!

d4est
09-27-2004, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the reply and congrats. Glad to know I am not the only LC'er out there! How long have you been doing this? Good luck on your journey...

Hollyann
09-28-2004, 12:42 AM
I've been LC since the day after Easter! So about 5.5 months. It's worked out really well. I've lost about 25 lbs....11 on WISH. This is such a great board - lots of encouragement and inspiration.

I've found, and heard from others, that you'll whoosh a lot of weight in the beginning as water weight sheds off and fat cells actually get smaller! You might stall for a bit, but keep at it.....it's worth it!

d4est
09-28-2004, 05:29 AM
WOW! 25lbs, that is awesome! You've inspired me, thanks!

johde
09-28-2004, 12:50 PM
Another LCer here. I started SB August 17 and Wish Aug. 30. I 've lost 25 lb. since starting Wish (just changed clippie today) and i think about 35lb. overall (unfortunately or fortunately don't know for sure since I didn't have a scale that could weigh myself until the 30th when the one I bought on Ebay arrived). I am about 20% of the way to my goal.

Hollyann
09-28-2004, 01:20 PM
Wow! That's fantastic! Any favorite recipes or ideas?

johde
09-28-2004, 02:55 PM
As far as recipes, I don't have any yet. I actually eat out alot because of my work schedule. I have found I don't miss the potato's and bread as much as I thought I would. My biggest weakness was Chocolate. I've found the Fat free sugar free fudge pops are good at keeping me on track. and at 45 cal. per pop, even 2 of them are not that out of line for a SB desert. Also, for me, going with pre portion controlled "treats" also help (like the fudge pops). That way you know what you are eating without measuring. I also just bought some of the sugar free Creamcicles Only 20 calories each and gives me a taste of Ice Cream.

d4est
09-28-2004, 04:46 PM
More inspiration....very cool!