PDA

View Full Version : All My Children fans

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Mickey's sunshine
07-18-2001, 12:45 PM
Okay so Gillian is finally gone. :(

Who else is not wanting to find out what this Chris Stamp person is doing to Erica? I can see this storyline is going to make me not want to watch the show until it is done.

Any other comments?

Aprille
07-18-2001, 02:03 PM
Gillian is not gone! Esta TerBlache has signed a contract through December. Can you believe that?! The ghost stuff was kinda cute for a few days but I can't imagine it through the end of the year. I got this info off of soapcentral.com.

I like the Erica/Chris storyline. The one that really annoys me is the Tad/Ditsie storyline. BARF-O-RAMA! I don't know if I can watch them fall in love AGAIN! Did you notice on the close-ups of them kissing the other day that her nostrils are as disproportionately large for her face as her ****s are for her body?! I think I could see her peabrain up those gigantic nostrils. Let's just say that wasn't a very flattering camera angle for her. :D I use to love Tad. Ditsie has turned him into a mamby-pamby wimp. UGH!

dizneenut
07-18-2001, 02:33 PM
I don't care for this Chris/Erica storyline either. I hope it doesn't last the rest of the year.
I like seeing Dixie/Tad back together. I like them.
So, Gillian will be around till December? As a ghost? Oh puhleez!! I don't think I will like that storyline, either.

dizneenut
07-18-2001, 02:42 PM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot....I HATE the Marcus/Rosa storyline too. What is the big deal about Marcus? I think he's ugly and a jerk! ;) And Rosa looks WAY older than the high school girl she is supposed to be. :rolleyes:

Aprille
07-18-2001, 02:48 PM
I realize I'm in the minority on the Tad/Ditsie storyline. But, please, how many times must we go through this?! I haven't liked Ditsie since before she left the show a few years back. They turned her into such a shrew for her exit and I've never forgiven her. :mad:

I don't like the Marcus/Rosa storyline either. I want to scream everytime she calls her mother "Mommy". :rolleyes:

dizneenut
07-18-2001, 02:52 PM
I admit, it gets tiresome to see Tad & Dixie be together, then split up, then together, etc. But I really enjoy the two of them together. And I'd rather her be back with Tad than with that HORRIBLE man David. UGH!!!

Mickey's sunshine
07-18-2001, 10:59 PM
Wow I did not know that Esta was signed on till December. I dont think I can take her ghosts stories that long!!! Talk about dragging something out!!!

Tad and Dixie is getting a bit old. I do agree on the Marcus/Rosa too! They could have found a younger looking Rosa, she looks like she is in her late teens, early 20's.

Jack needs a good role soon! I really like him and has not had much of a storyline in a long long time!!

Beanie
07-18-2001, 11:10 PM
Aprille...I am so with you on the Tad/Ditsie storyline...Boring...it has been done and redone so many times now...Get on with it already...either they are going to be together or not...:rolleyes:

Ugh...don't tell me Gillian is going to be a ghost until December?? That is going to get old fast...

Christine...I agree, give poor Jack a storyline...

Does anyone else miss Janet and Trevor??:(

Aprille
07-19-2001, 12:35 AM
Beanie - I'm glad to know I'm not alone on the T/D storyline! I was so ecstatic when they broke up even though I knew in my heart it wouldn't last. Darnit!

I miss the entire Dillon family. I did enjoy seeing Natalie and Harold in the (Pine) Valley of the Undead scenes. They should definitely bring back Uncle Pork Chop, Janet From Another Planet, Timmy, Amanda and Smokey (wasn't that the new dog's name?).

Walt Willey is being totally wasted. Give Jack a storyline!

Beanie
07-19-2001, 01:22 AM
LOL Aprille...It <b>never</b> lasts when Tad and Ditsie break up!!! She can't live without him, oh wait, yes she can...no wait, 2 months later they are back together...oh but, now she hates him again....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Can you say...waste of air time?? LOL...sorry all you Tad/Ditsie fans...ROTF;) ;) ;)

The Dillons were my favorite...I so agree that it was great seeing Natalie and Harold...do you remember the 'new' Natalie...the Natalie that replaced Kate Collins after the Dillons house caught on fire and she was caught in it?? Am I the only one who thought she was the worst actress in the world?? LOL

I am glad to see that we are so in sync on this show, Aprille!! :)

Poohbear123
07-19-2001, 07:07 AM
I miss the Dillon family too! As far as Tad and Dixie(Ditsie) they are getting OLD! What's with the grey hair on Tad?(Michael E Knight). As far as Erica is concerned, it's about time she got a new Love interest! And yes, Jack needs a good storyline too! Walt Willey is hysterical, as a stand up comedian in real life! What a cutie! I also hope the original Demetri comes back, I do NOT like the "new" guy!:rolleyes:

Pembo
07-19-2001, 07:50 AM
I haven't been watching much lately! But I watched on Monday....boy heart transplant patients sure make a quick recovery these days!!! LOL!!!!;) Anyone else dislike the "new" Laura????

I liked Erica with David. I thought they were a good match. BTW David is a HOTTIE!!! I saw him at WDW Super Soap Weekend, OUCH!!!:D :D :cool:

I agree....give Walt Willey a story line!!!!

Poohbear123
07-19-2001, 07:53 AM
Oh, YES he is, isn't he? So is Dimitri's Brother, whats his name? He is REALLY Good looking in Person! I have Pictures of him!

MaryJ
07-19-2001, 07:59 AM
I can see where the Gillian ghost story could get old, but it's been great to see those former AMC actors, especially Jesse and the original Natalie. I remember the second Nat, and she WAS bad! Did you know that Kate Collins is the daughter of Michael Collins, the third astronaut that went to the moon with Armstrong and Aldrin?

And I agree about the new Rosa. I have an almost sixteen year old daughter, and Rosa looks like she's all ready out of college!

As far as Tad and Dixie go, I DID think it was great when J.R. called Tad "Dad" yesterday. Tad has been more of a father to J.R. than Adam ever has, and that's exactly what J.R. need right now!

Baboo
07-19-2001, 01:49 PM
Maybe with Tad being arrested for murder, they'll finally give Jack something to do. I think his being Erica's toadie is a total waste of a great character.

Mickey's sunshine
07-19-2001, 09:43 PM
I too liked the entire Dillion family. That Amanda was great!

I think Laura's recovery was way too quick.....and no I dont like this new Laura either.

I am not sure yet if I like Gabriel. I am still giving him a chance. Bring back Noah & Julia!! (okay maybe I just want to see more of Keith hamilton Cobb!!)

Aprille
07-19-2001, 09:51 PM
After today's episode I think Laura should have had a brain transplant too. :p

dizneenut
07-19-2001, 10:02 PM
LOL Aprille!! I don't like the new Laura either. And, yes, she recovered WAY too quickly!!

I kind of like Gabriel....will be interesting to see where that story goes.

Beanie
07-19-2001, 10:37 PM
I agree Christine...Noah and Julia were so awesome...Keith Hamilton Cobb was so easy on the eyes...love those dredlocks! lol...

I am so glad to know that I am not the only one missing the Dillons...I want my Trevor back!!!!!! :(

Mickey's sunshine
07-19-2001, 10:40 PM
What happened today? I missed it.....I was at a baseball game with TSI_FAN!!!

Mickey's sunshine
07-21-2001, 01:31 AM
Well today was kinda interesting. I liked Gabriels hair like that!!!

Looks like Tad is in for some trouble from Sweeney's dad.

Who would you rather see Greenlee with...Leo or Jake? I would say Leo because maybe if Leo dumps Laura she would go back to China? :D

I do like Anna and Edmund together and would love for Robin to move to Pine Valley!!

Mickey's sunshine
07-21-2001, 04:21 PM
:bounce:

Poohbear123
07-21-2001, 04:40 PM
Did you see Phoebe? BOY has she aged! Glad to see her though. She was one of the originals.;)

dizneenut
07-21-2001, 05:08 PM
I was so happy to see Phoebe again! Yes, she has aged, but she still looks great!!!

I liked Gabriel's hair too!!

gepetto
07-21-2001, 06:02 PM
I remember back in the day when Pheobe and Mona were fighting for Charles Tyler.:cool: I've watched on and off since I was about 10.:pinkbounc

Tad and Dixie....ick! I thought Dixie was leaving the show.

I liked Trevor and Janet too. I miss them.:mad:

I wish they'd show Jake more. So long as they don't put him with that dippy Laura.

Mickey's sunshine
07-22-2001, 08:15 PM
It was nice to see Phoebe again, it has been a while. I loved some of the old shows with her and Langley.

DopeyRN
07-22-2001, 09:12 PM
I'm betting Greenlee winds up with Leo and that Laura winds up with Ryan...

You can catch "Noah" on the show ANDROMEDA

Beanie
07-22-2001, 09:53 PM
:rolleyes: A picture because I can see we all just love them the most!:rolleyes:

http://abc.go.com/daytime/soaps/allmychildren/images/gallery/tad_dixie/amc_tad_dixie_2.jpg

*sorry, I just couldn't resist!!!* ;) :rolleyes: :D

Mickey's sunshine
07-22-2001, 11:36 PM
LOL Beanie!! Too funny!!

Aprille
07-23-2001, 07:38 AM
Thanks, Beanie! Now my week has started with me wanting to BARF! You've got a bit of a mean streak, don't you?! :p

Mickey's sunshine
07-23-2001, 10:46 AM
Beanie, just please do not post a pic of that Laura chick!

Poohbear123
07-23-2001, 01:48 PM
Thats a decent Picture of Tad, no gray hair!;) What happened today? I just got home and missed it!:confused:

Beanie
07-23-2001, 02:01 PM
Christine...ACK!!! I wouldn't waste space for a picture of Laura...out of all the characters in Pine Valley, she annoys me the most!!!

However, I will post a picture of my favorite couple...:)

http://www.soapcentral.com/amc/castphotos/trejanam.jpg

I do miss them!! :(

Mickey's sunshine
07-23-2001, 02:08 PM
So do I!! We need to start a :Bring back the Dillons" campaign!!! I always thought that Amanda was a good actress!

You know who else I like.....that Starr on One Life To Live. She is a little fireball and she is so much like her daddy! :)

Aprille
07-23-2001, 02:10 PM
Is Dixie dumb as dirt or what?! I almost fell out of my chair today when Tad said to Derek referring to Dixie, "She's an intelligent woman." Huh? Who the heck is he talking about?! Then next thing you know there's Dixie meeting with the snitch IN HER HOUSE! Yeah, very intelligent. :p

Beanie - I like the last picture you posted MUCH better than the earlier one! :)

Poohbear123 - Michael E Knight is naturally gray at the temples. When he didn't have any gray hair (in recent years) it was because they were coloring it and badly (I thought). It always looked too brassy to me. I like his gray hair! Now, if he would just dump Ditsie...

Beanie
07-23-2001, 03:17 PM
Christine...I agree about the "Bring Back the Dillons"!!! This thread is quite amusing and I am loving it!! LOL :)

Aprille...You know Tad...:rolleyes: enough said...LOL

I need to dig up a nice picture of Noah!! ::Sigh::

Poohbear123
07-23-2001, 03:54 PM
Mickey's Sunshine: YES! That Starr is a very talented young lady! WOW! What hutspa!(Sp?):D

Mickey's sunshine
07-23-2001, 06:26 PM
Beanie......Keith was the subject of last weeks MLP (Monday Ladies Post) here is a pic from it and the link

http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/sunshine/cobb11.jpg

http://www.disboards.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63218

Beanie
07-23-2001, 07:28 PM
Christine!!! OMG...I totally missed this!!! He is so yummy!!! :)

Thanks so much!!!

Who else is really hot on that show...I really liked Edmund as well...he is a cutie!! :)

Mickey's sunshine
07-23-2001, 08:44 PM
See Beanie, it pays to look at the MLP once in a while. :)

yeah I think that Edmund is a hottie and so is Mateo!!

Beanie
07-23-2001, 09:22 PM
Okay, just need to post this since this has turned into the AMC hot thread!! LOL

http://www.soapcentral.com/amc/castphotos/callahan.jpg
Okay, so I could cuddle up to that...:)

and especially for you, Christine!! :)

http://www.soapcentral.com/amc/castphotos/consuelos3.jpg
http://www.soapcentral.com/amc/castphotos/consuelos6.jpg

DopeyRN
07-23-2001, 09:31 PM
OH MY!!! Turn down the A/C! :D Now do I want Noah or the pic of Mateo lying down??:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

BTW...Edmund would do more for me if someone would cut those eyebrows!!!!

dizneenut
07-23-2001, 10:02 PM
OMG, that pic of Mateo laying down is HOT!!!;) :) WOW!

Beanie
07-23-2001, 10:06 PM
I agree Donna, but I still think he is hot...

I really used to love, Alec too....
http://www.soapcentral.com/amc/castphotos/aleksander.jpg
but he left me too! :(

LOL!

Here is another one to make you drool some more, Donna!! :)

http://www.soapcentral.com/amc/castphotos/consuelos7.jpg

dizneenut
07-23-2001, 10:06 PM
How about these hotties??

http://abc.go.com/daytime/soaps/allmychildren/images/gallery/peck/amc_peck_4.jpg

http://abc.go.com/daytime/soaps/allmychildren/images/gallery/mathison/amc_mathison_4.jpg

http://abc.go.com/daytime/soaps/allmychildren/images/gallery/duhamel/amc_duhamel_5.jpg

IASW Rider
07-23-2001, 10:22 PM
I have to admit that even after all these years, I still think that Tad is really attractive! I actually met him in person once.....and he kissed me on the lips! Oooh! :) I have also met a few other "AMC" CM's in person - Hayley, Mateo, Jack, Adam/Stuart, Brooke, Marian, Julia, Michael Delaney and Jeremy Hunter (remember them?? Well, Jeremy was just on a few weeks ago.....), and every single one of them seemed extremely nice and friendly, and they all look even better than they do on TV! It pays to live close to NYC! A lot of the "AMC" CM's live near some of my friends, so we run into them on the subways or just walking down the street - we saw Bobby Warner coming out of a diner one day, too!

I also miss the Dillon family - especially Janet! I even loved when she and Pierce and the ORIGINAL Laura (bring her back!) were living in the cabin together. Doesn't this Laura remember anything about Janet and Pierce and how they were her "parents" for awhile???!!! I did feel sorry for this Laura, though, when she was in the hospital (pre-operation) and she was saying to Bianca "......shouldn't dreams come true for everyone? Even a little street rat, like me?"

Does anyone else out there see the Rosa / Gabriel storyline playing out just like the Julia / Noah storyline (much less the Anita / Bobby storyline)??!! Then again, I guess that they are always recycling storylines - Laura-Leo-Greenlee is like Jenny-Greg-Liza or Hillary-Tad-Dottie or Julie-Charlie-Cecily or Anita-Bobby-Kelsey or Kelsey-Scott-Gillian.........!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that Brooke and Edmund get back together - I haven't liked either of them with anyone else since Maria was alive and.....well, I haven't really liked ANY of Brooke's recent boyfriends!

I have no interest in the Erica / Chris storyline, either. And the Tad / Dixie storyline was good, while JR was involved, but now they are turning it into some sort of action-adventure thing - UGH. I wonder when Leslie Colson is going to resurface and start causing trouble!

Maybe they are leaving Gillian around as a ghost as an excuse to have more of the characters who have passed away show up in guest spots - did anyone notice that Ray Gardner is going to be on, tomorrow? Where is Maria?? Oh yeah - that's right - she's probably still alive! I'm sorry that they killed Gillian off, just as she and Ryan were finally married and happy. But I couldn't imagine her being as stupid as to invite Eileen right into Wildwind!

Mickey's sunshine
07-24-2001, 02:09 AM
Woohoo ladies, this post is turning into a scorcher! ;)

I think out of all the AMC guys (that are there now) Ryan is the hottest!!!

Here he is:

http://www.celebpecs.com/images/Cameron_Mathieson/cmathison005.jpg

Beanie and dizneenut thanks for all of those yummy pics!! I am seeing an AMC MLP in the future!!!!!

IASW Rider.....yes the Rosa/Gabriel/Marcus storyline is sounding a bit too familiar!! You would think that Rosa knew what her sis went through and would be more caredful!! I saw that Ray Gardener was going to be on tomorrow....will be watching!!

MaryJ
07-24-2001, 06:55 AM
When I saw the preview yesterday with Ray Gardner, I got chills down my back!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Mickey's sunshine
07-24-2001, 11:25 AM
So did I Mary J, I just wonder why they had to bring him back......there are plenty others that they could bring back.

Beanie
07-24-2001, 11:35 AM
Yeah, definitely could have brought back someone else....like...hey, I know...how about THE DILLONS??? ROTF....

Sorry, couldn't resist!! ;)

IASW Rider
07-24-2001, 12:56 PM
Maybe they will try to incorporate Ray's appearance in with Tad's storyline - maybe Gillian will find that her "mission" has something to do with saving people from their pasts or something.

preshi
07-24-2001, 02:26 PM
Man Tad's father is Creepy!I am going to have nightmares!! :eek: :eek:

AWD
07-24-2001, 07:52 PM
I agree.........bring back the Dillons!!!......Noah and
Julia were great too. Lately, some of the storylines are boring....
It is great to see Jesse and Natalie again, though.....

AWD
07-24-2001, 07:54 PM
Too bad they killed off Billy Clyde Tuggle:confused: :confused: :confused:
He always spiced up that show!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mickey's sunshine
07-25-2001, 01:28 AM
LOL Beanie!!!!

Msunshine chants "BRING BACK THE DILLONS, BRING BACK THE DILLONS!"

Yes that Ray is a very scary man.....I do like seeing Derek though, always did like him. I do not want to see Ryan falling for another woman real soon though, dont care much for this Mia person.

IASW Rider.....that would be a good thing for Gillian to do, that would make the storyline more appealing to me. I am already tired of this Tad in jail stuff and then he broke out, puh-lease!!!

Beanie
07-25-2001, 09:13 AM
As if Tad is smart enough to do that in the first place!:rolleyes: LOL

Is Ray back for an extended period of time...does anyone know??

IASW Rider
07-25-2001, 09:23 AM
AWD - Don't be surprised if they bring back Billy Clyde, next - if they've already brought Ray Gardner "up" from "hell", who knows who they'll "bring up" next! (hee hee!)

Mickey's Sunshine - I agree - I think it would be totally unreaslistic to have Ryan interested in someone else so soon. I hope that they don't gear the storyline that way.

And do we know who Mia is?? (my cable went out on the day of the poker game, and my VCR didn't tape, so I didn't get to see that episode) Do you think that she is Marian's daughter????

dizneenut
07-25-2001, 11:38 AM
I thought maybe Mia would end up being Marian's daughter, too.
Ray Gardner is sooo creepy!! That man must have so much fun playing that part! :D
Here are the spoilers for the week of July 23:

Tad gets questioned and a warning from Officer Sweeney.

Tad asks Derek to watch out for his wife while he is incarcerated.

Mateo helps Tad hide out and arranges for Dixie to speak to him.

Mateo joins Tad to break the drug ring.

Mateo lashes out at his Rosa.

Adam has a confrontation with David and does something terrible to free the doctor.

Adam receives an indecent proposal.

Stuart tries to be of assistance to his twin brother.

Jake and Greenlee continue to grow closer wanting mutual honesty.

Brooke questions Edmund about his feelings for Anna.

Anna befriends Brooke and advises her to pursue Edmund.

Anna becomes concerned about Gabriel's temper and mood swings.

Bianca confronts Leo as he fights his feelings for Greenlee.

Ryan and Mia start bonding and Marian gives her a warning to stay away from Liza.

Ryan finds out from Marian that Mia is the woman she wants out of her life forever.

Marcus continues to keep Gabriel away from Rosa.

Gabriel questions Shannon further about Marcus' past behavior and pattern.

Gillian meets Ray Gardner in the transition area and he offers to help her with Ryan if she can get him to HEAVEN.

Gillian uses Opal to get to Ryan and she shocks him with a kiss!!!

Opal thinks she is losing her mind as she sees Gillian's ghost while on a walk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dizneenut
07-25-2001, 11:39 AM
Oh, and here's a "sneak peek" at next week:

Erica finally manages to get Chris fired as he is revealed.

Tad and Dixie are in grave danger.

Beanie
07-25-2001, 12:20 PM
When aren't Tad and Ditsie in grave danger?? ROTF...PUHLEEZE!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

Mickey's sunshine
07-25-2001, 12:27 PM
I was thinking that Mia would tuen out to be Marians child too......hmmmm. Wouldnt that rock Liza's world! :)

dizneenut
07-25-2001, 07:28 PM
Did y'all notice that this Mia chick is in the opening credits now??? Guess she'll be around for awhile.

Mickey's sunshine
07-25-2001, 10:38 PM
Yes I saw that and was not pleased! How about that kiss Opal laid on Ryan today. I cant wait to see what Ryan has to say about that!!

I love how she thought about Jesse, that was pretty cool!

Beanie
07-25-2001, 10:51 PM
I missed it today!! :( I am bummed!!

Mickey's sunshine
07-25-2001, 10:56 PM
Shame shame Beanie!!

Lets see.....Gillian was talking to Opal telling her that she could hear her (gilllian) and to let Ryan know that she still loves him very much. Oh wait before that.....she was telling Opal that she wanted onion rings...of course Opal suddenly got a craving for onion rings. LOL. So when Gillian is telling Opal that she wants her to show Ryan that she still cares for him.....Opal walks over to Ryan and plants a big kiss on him.

I am heading home now (from work) so if I remember anything else I will post it when I get home.

Beanie
07-25-2001, 11:09 PM
Oooh, I can't wait to see what Ryan says tomorrow then!! :)

I don't know about this Gillian/Ghost storyline though...seem to me it is going to drag!!

Mickey's sunshine
07-30-2001, 01:17 AM
What happened Friday, I missed it since I was enroute to Orlando!!

IASW Rider
07-30-2001, 10:48 AM
Here is a very funny web site, in case you have never seen it before:

http://extra.newsguy.com/~facbjs/boogie.htm

This lady posts daily commentaries on each episode, and they are hillarious! She also does a longer version each Friday, which will tell you what happened on the episode which you missed!

Are you in Orlando now, Mickey's Sunshine?

Mickey's sunshine
07-30-2001, 11:10 AM
IASW...thanks for that link, I feel very caught up now. :)

I am back in St Pete, got home yesterday! Cant wait for todays episode.

IASW Rider
07-30-2001, 01:33 PM
Any time! I wish that I lived in Florida!

MaryJ
07-30-2001, 01:53 PM
Another funny AMC website is:

http://home.att.net/~davidfur

I tried to post this as a hyperlink, but I couldn't get it to work. Sorry.

Anyway, it's been awhile since this guy has updated his site, so I look for a new one soon.

Mickey's sunshine
07-30-2001, 10:08 PM
It's not all it is cracked up to be IASW Fan!! It is toooo hot here!

Can you believe that they had Adam sleep with Kaye!! When is that man going to learn????

I cant wait to see Gabriel give Marcus what he deserves too!!

IASW Rider
07-31-2001, 01:37 PM
Mickey's Sunshine - True, I would have to get used to the heat (it's very pleasant and in the upper 70's here in NJ, today), but I have always wanted to live down there! Particularly in the central Florida vicinity (gee, I wonder why?! Hee hee!). Maybe some day.....!!

And you're right - I can't believe that Adam gave in and slept with Kaye!

I also can't wait for Gabriel to give it to Marcus. It would serve Rosa right if Gabriel went and fell in love with someone else. She is so naive and so rude and insensitive to Gabriel most of the time! I loved the scenes between Leo and Greenlee, yesterday. I wonder what will happen - if they will really stay away from each other and be with Laura and Jake - or if they will eventually give in and be together? Maybe that will happen and then it will turn out that Laura is pregnant, or something! I'm getting a little tired of the Gillian ghost scenes, although I must admit that I was touched by that scene last week when Opal realized that Gillian was trying to contact her! I wish that they would stop whatever story line they're trying to start, with Mia, right now! Something about her is so annoying - like "Kit" (Edmund's sister) was, a few years ago - remember her? UGH!

Thanks for the link to the great web site, MaryJ!

Baboo
07-31-2001, 09:19 PM
I thought Kit was Jackson's sister that was supposed to have drowned in a sailing accident.

IASW Rider
07-31-2001, 09:54 PM
She is - but then remember? She came back and accused Ryan of raping her, even though it was really his brother Braden! And Edmund sort of had a "thing" for her. I thought she was one of the most annoying characters ever and was so happy when she went back to Seattle with Travis!

ucralum
07-31-2001, 10:05 PM
OK, I hate Rosa's guts too, but in her defense, I think she's saying "Mami" which is a Spanish term of endearment similar to "mom."

Joining the chant..."Bring back the Dillons! Bring back the Dillons!"

Mickey's sunshine
07-31-2001, 11:38 PM
IASW.....uggh I did not like Kit either!! I am on a campaign now to get rid of Mia!! :)

dizneenut
07-31-2001, 11:42 PM
I don't like Mia either!

And, yes, ucralum....Rosa is saying "Mami"....my dh is Puerto Rican and they all call my MIL, "Mami." Its a Spanish thing. :)

IASW Rider
08-01-2001, 12:20 AM
I'll be happy to join your campaign, Mickey's Sunshine! I can't stand Mia, and she's only been on a few episodes, so far!

Mickey's sunshine
08-03-2001, 12:59 AM
Thanks IASW Fan.......*chants* get rid of Mia....get rid of Mia!!!

~~~~~

Well looks like Laura and Leo consumated their marriage today. Uggggh. :rolleyes:

I did not like seeing Ryan kissing on Opal though. I am feeling a bit of Deja-vu....anyone seen Ghost? :) Everyone is going to think Opal is off of her rocker!

Oh and how dumb does Adam think Liza is? Once she sees the judge, Kaye, she will begin to put 2 and 2 together.

I am still waiting for Marcus to get what is coming to him.....come on Gabriel, knock his lights out man!!

MaryJ
08-03-2001, 07:20 AM
I am feeling a bit of Deja-vu....anyone seen Ghost? That's exactly what I said when Gillian "entered" Opal! I loved that movie, but I don't think that Opal can carry it off like Whoopi did in Ghost.

IASW Rider
08-03-2001, 08:43 AM
Yeah, this whole thing with Opal and Ryan is getting a little creepy! Well, at least they're finally giving Opal a storyline - she hasn't had one in a long time - not since Adrian left. And at least this delays the inevitable - Ryan and Mia getting together. Even though it looks like she will "take a detour" with David first, I'm sure that Ryan and Mia will wind up together at some point.....because their pictures follow one another in the opening credits! UGH.

GET RID OF MIA! GET RID OF MIA!

I knew that this was going to happen with Laura and Leo - she would recover and he would still be in love with Greenlee but be "stuck" married to Laura. I feel bad for Laura! She's asked him a million times if he's still in love with Greenlee and he keeps saying "no", and she has offered to end the marriage if he would rather be with Greenlee and he keeps saying "no". Meanwhile, she'll wind up getting hurt, anyway! On the other hand, Laura has become kinda wimpy since the days of her standing up for Bianca in the school hallways, etc., which is kind of annoying!

I wish that they would just end the Tad "on the run" storyline, already - it's the most boring of all of them! They should concentrate on how Tad, Dixie, JR, and Jamie are going to rebuild their family after the year that they just had - something more realistic than this "action / adventure" garbage!

Beanie
08-03-2001, 09:04 AM
:( I haven't had time to watch lately, so I don't have anything to contribute, but just wanted you all to know that I am reading this thread everyday to keep up! :)

You all should write for Soap Opera Digest!! LOL

Mickey's sunshine
08-03-2001, 12:45 PM
LOL Beanie, you are not missing much!!

This Gillian in Opal's body is making me ill. I dont like seeing Ryan thinking he is freaking out. The poor guy. :( And now she wants to "get it on" with Ryan...yuck!!!!

IASW...I thoght the same thing when I saw their pics together....ugh!!! I just hope they wait a long long time to get them together.

I cant wiat till Haley comes back and has the baby.....it will be sweet seeing the 2 of them with a baby on the show.

Beanie
08-05-2001, 06:43 AM
Gillian is in Opal's body...::sigh:: I guess I know where that is leading...nasty...

On another note...has Hayley come back yet?

DopeyRN
08-05-2001, 09:14 AM
I am glad to see it is not just me who is grossed out watching Opal and Ryan kissing...:eek:

I do not like Mia...I fast forward through the Rosa stuff...I LIKE Tad and Dixie, but that storyline is sorta lame too....actually Beanie, come to think of it, you have not missed much...:rolleyes:

Mickey's sunshine
08-05-2001, 12:15 PM
No Hayley yet, she is set to return on August 24th.

Wow, that is quite a while away still. I dont know if she has returned to Regis yet, anyone know?

Poohbear123
08-05-2001, 12:29 PM
Yes she has, and brought the baby on! Her Hubby was there in the wings when ANTONIO BANDARIS was on the other day!:rolleyes:

Beanie
08-05-2001, 12:41 PM
Yes, I have also seen her on Regis as well with the baby...what did they name her? Lola Grace? or something like that?

Mickey's sunshine
08-05-2001, 12:56 PM
Aww man, I missed that....I am never up that early so I dont catch the show. :(

Yes I do believe she named her Lola Grace. I bet she is a cutie pie.

Beanie
08-06-2001, 04:08 PM
She is adorable!! :) Thankfully we have East and West coast ABC stations, so I can catch it at noon if I miss it at 9:00! lol

I went and did it again...outside playing with the kiddies today and missed AMC...so, if anyone saw it, could you please recap for me!! :)

Thanks!

Beanie
08-06-2001, 09:41 PM
:(:(:( Nobody saw AMC today???:(:(:( Bummer!!;) LOL

IASW Rider
08-06-2001, 09:53 PM
I saw it!

Here you go!

- It turns out that Chris Stamp is an AGENT FOR THE FBI!! That's why he works at so many PV businesses - to try to determine which one the drugs are being "filtered" through.....and he suspects that it's ENCHANTMENT! That's why he keeps hanging around Erica and why he was so curious as to what she had in that box from China a few weeks ago. Tad, Dixie, and Mateo uncovered Chris's true identity, as they "caught" him, thinking that he was framing Tad. Chris belives that Tad is innocent and is going to help him hide.

- Bianca and Gabriel had a heart to heart about the meaning of life, which involved Gabriel drinking a bunch of Dimitri's brandy and ultimately kissing Bianca. Bianca held him and told him that she loved him as a friend. She arranged for herself, Gabriel, and Rosa to go to the beach, in an attempt to get Gabriel and Rosa together. When they got there, they saw a couple running off into the distance and found the remains of their rendezevous. They thought it was funny until Rosa found the shirt which she had seen Marcus wearing earlier in the day lying on the beach blanket (Marcus had met Shannon at the beach earlier, as she said that he "owed her" for covering for him in front of Rosa the other day. They had been the ones fooling around on the blanket).

- Anna encouraged Brooke to ask Edmund out on a date. She told Brooke that although she thinks that Edmund is an amazing man, she thinks that Robert might still be alive and doesn't want to get involved with anyone till she knows whether she is still a married woman or not (she just thinks of this NOW???!!!) Brooke got her nerve up and asked Edmund to go to dinner and a movie and he said "yes". He asked Anna if she was playing matchmaker and she told Edmund that she didn't want Brooke to perceive her as a threat. Edmund said "are you sure about that?" and Anna said that as long as she may be a married woman, she doesn't want to get involved.

- Ryan brought Opal / Gillian back to the yacht. He now believed that Opal was really Gillian 'cause A) She was speaking with a Hungarian accent (or some reasonable facsimile thereof) and B) she knew all these things that only Gillian would know. After exchanging 100 "I love you's", they were about to make love when Jesse showed up and told Gillian to GET OUT OF OPAL'S BODY!!!! She reluctantly did so. Once Ryan was convinced that Gillian had left Opal's body, Opal told him to let her go and to also let Gillian go, as she went back to wherever she had come from and could not come back to him again. Ryan was really upset. Jesse brought Gillian back to the yacht to see how upset Ryan was and told her that he wanted her to see "the mess she made". He told her "now he's lost you twice".

And that was all, today! :)

Beanie
08-06-2001, 09:57 PM
Thanks IASW!! You are better than Soap Opera Digest!! LOL...I am soooo glad Jesse stopped Ryan and Opal/Gillian before they did anything...I think I would have been screaming at the TV had they not!! Yikes! I definitely have to watch tomorrow!!! :)

Mickey's sunshine
08-06-2001, 10:01 PM
I missed the majority of it too since I was at lunch with some DIS ladies! :)

Thanks for the info IASW!!!

WOW.....cant believe that Chris is an FBI agt....please bring an end to this Tad runaway storyline quickly!!!!!!

MaryJ
08-07-2001, 06:27 PM
Just thought I'd let you know that there is a new AMC rant on this website. It's very funny!

http://home.att.net/~davidfur/

Poohbear123
08-07-2001, 07:00 PM
So, David got off! JR saw Adam and the judge together! Looks like Ryan and whats her name are going to get close! (Adams wife).

IASW Rider
08-07-2001, 11:03 PM
Glad that you liked my little update, BeanieJumper and Mickey's Sunshine! I can't wait to see the new "rant", Mary J - I really enjoyed looking at that website when you first sent the link - I will check it out as soon as I am done writing this!

Yes, I was wondering if they were going to put Liza and Ryan together, too, Poohbear123! But then they brought on Mia - UGH. I would much rather see Ryan with Liza than with Mia, if they have to put him with someone! Every time Liza and Adam get back together, it seems that the writers almost immediately break them up!

I am also glad that they didn't let Opal and Ryan "go through with it". As much as I enjoy seeing Jesse on the show again, his constantly whining about Gillian's behavior, rolling his eyes, and yelling at her is getting a little annoying. I wish that they would give him something else to do, if they are going to keep him on the show - like be Opal's guardian angel, or something, so that she doesn't get into trouble with Ryan, or watch out for Tad, or whatever!

Mickey's sunshine
08-08-2001, 01:54 AM
I agree IASW!! They need to get Jesse doing more stuff. I did like him telling that pyshic off today though, I was like go Jesse!! :D

I would not mind seeing Liza with Ryan, anyone is better than Mia!!

What happened to Jake? Did he hurt himself in real life I wonder.

IASW Rider
08-08-2001, 08:18 AM
I was thinking the same thing about Jake - he probably did really hurt himself - he didn't look very comfortable walking around on those crutches! I enjoyed seeing Jesse telling the psychic to get lost, too! I wonder when Hayley is going to have her baby? And I wonder if Edmund and Brooke will really get together? I would be happy if they did - I don't like any of the other women whom they have sort of paired Edmund with since Maria disappeared. Of course, if Edmund and Brooke DO get together, I'm sure that Maria will show up, out of the blue!

Beanie
08-08-2001, 08:49 AM
IASW...Is Jesse on contract now? Is he staying for an extended period of time? Just curious is all...I used to really like Jesse when he was on it with Angie...Now that was a great couple!! LOL

Hey, wouldn't it be cool to have a meet at Disney sometime....The DIS/AMC meet!! LOL...just a thought! I know I would like to meet fellow AMC's and the fact that we love the DIS just makes it even better!! LOL

IASW Rider
08-08-2001, 10:16 AM
I would love to have a DIS / AMC meet - that would be great! I remember watching AMC while at WDW, 2 months ago, on SoapNet (which I don't get at home) and thinking "this is the life" (hee hee!)!

I don't know that Jesse has a contract, but from what I understand, he, Natalie, Travis, and Cindy will be making semi-regular appearances on AMC over the next few months. I read that they will keep Jesse around the longest, though, and maybe even make him somewhat of a regular (I can't imagine how they will do that, unless they have him playing everyone's "guardian angel" or "conscience" or something, or unless they keep killing off characters for him to "guide"!).

Mickey's sunshine
08-08-2001, 10:34 AM
That is a cool idea Beanie and you know when it should be done right?

<b>Super Soap Weekend!</b> :D :D

I did like Jesse and Angie!! Hayley is not returning till the end of the month.

Poohbear123
08-08-2001, 11:39 AM
Jesse is a singer for a boy band now too! (I forget the name of the group).:confused: Anyway, I heard they were suppose to have him sing on the show but I either missed that show or it never happened! I am going to SUPER SOAP WEEKEND this Nov.! I will be staying at All Star Sports from Nov. 1-4th! Anyone going, wanna meet up?? PM me and let me know!;)

PKK/MJK
08-08-2001, 11:44 AM
I would love a DIS/AMC meet too. That would be such a lot of fun!! Wish I could go to Super Soap Weekend, but unfortunately not this year. Only 20 minutes until the next AMC. I've been watching since 1970--missed the first few months but that's all.

CathyCanada
08-08-2001, 12:43 PM
I was at Super Soap weekend a couple of years ago. I don't have a lot of time to catch the soaps but watch a bit of All My Children when I can. We happened to be having a treat at Beaches and Cream and the "stars" were having a party at the former Ariel's and it spread out onto the patio so I was sitting beside the GH and PC group, it was cool. :) Julia Barr came out of the party as we were going back through the resort to leave and I told her how much I enjoyed her work on AMC and she was very gracious. Also happened to be dining at 50's PTC when all the autograph signing was going on and kept hearing the girls scream when "Ryan Lavery" would take his shirt off. :)
CC

IASW Rider
08-08-2001, 12:52 PM
I would love to go to Super Soap weekend, too, but unfortunately I will have to wait till next June for my next trip to WDW! Have any of you ever been to Super Soap Weekend? Is it very crowded? Have you gotten to see any AMC people up close or talk to them?

You'll have to let us know how it is, this year, Poohbear123! Give us the full report! I think that the "Jesse" to whom you are referring is Jesse McCartney, who plays JR on "AMC". I think that he is a member of a boy band, too - they did sing on the show once. He was always talking to Adam about having to go to "band practice" (I guess he's not friends with those boys any more - now he's friends with Marcus and his crew - hee hee!). One time they performed at their high school "Battle of the Bands". Their headphones weren't working and David anonymously bought them new ones, in an attempt to impress Dixie!

Beanie
08-08-2001, 04:28 PM
I have never been to Soap Weekend, but I would love to go!! Unfortunately between my trip next week and my one in December, there is no way DH would agree to another one this year!:rolleyes:

CC, that is so cool that you have been to one...I met Julia Barr in NYC once and she was the sweetest person in the world...so nice to me that a papparazzi came up to us and kind of "cut" in front of me as I was talking to Julia...and Julia said, "Excuse me, this nice person I was talking to was here first"...I was standing there with my jaw on the ground! LOL

Poohbear, take LOTS of pictures...you are so lucky!! :) We will all definitely want a full trip report when you get back!;)

I wish that if they were going to have people "ghosting around Pine Valley" that they would just bring back Natalie for good as a "look alike" or something like that...That would be cool! lol

Okay, so most of us won't be at Soap Weekend, but maybe we should plan for next year...that would be cool too!! :)

IASW Rider
08-09-2001, 07:36 PM
I also met Julia Barr in NYC, BeanieJumper! She was very nice and took time to speak with me. I actually met her at a play that I was attending, in which Sydney Penny (Julia) and Chris Bruno (Michael Delaney) were appearing. She and her family were in the audience, as well! I also had a chance to speak with Sydney Penny and Chris Bruno and they were also very nice! Through the years, I have also met a bunch of other AMC CM's - but I already posted that and don't want to bore everyone to death! :(

I keep a lot of the old episodes on tape and tonight I watched Noah and Julia's wedding. That had to be the best soap opera wedding of all time! I loved the Cinderella theme - I think that that was filmed just when Disney bought ABC - it was done so beautifully! And then Kelsey busted in at the end and demanded her baby back from Maria! Ah - those were the days! :) Now we're stuck with Tad on the run (AGAIN) and Adam cheating on his wife (AGAIN)!

Beanie
08-09-2001, 10:33 PM
LOL IASW...I have met many as well, but it is because I used to "hang" around the studios in my younger days! lol...I have met a lot of the 'old timers' and was taken on a tour of the studios by none other then TREVOR!! He is the man!! He loves his fans....I so miss him on AMC....:(

Anyway, I had to watch ATWT just to see him and I was amazed...now if only he would come back to us...:sigh:;)

Okay, so what happened to the DIS/AMC meet...I really think we should think hard about this...when is everyone going to Disney next?

IASW Rider
08-10-2001, 06:08 AM
You're kidding, BeanieJumper! That's so funny (don't think that my friends and I never thought about "hanging around the studio", ourselves - hee hee!)! And that's so neat that you actually got a tour by James Kiberd! Did you get to see some of the sets? And did he introduce you to a lot of the cast? I miss him (and Janet, Amanda, and Tim), too! Along with watching the Noah and Julia wedding, I also watched some of the great old Janet-Pierce-Laura-Trevor scenes, recently, because they were occurring around the same time - those were some great story lines! A friend of mine is lucky enough to live in the neighborhood where many of the AMC CM's also live. He saw Ryan in the video store one night, saw Maria window shopping in front of another store, sat behind Gillian and her real life husband in a movie theater, and ran into Skye (the original Skye who is now on OLTL / GH) on the subway coming home from work one night and spent the whole ride talking to her (he had had a huge crush on her, years ago!)! The night that he saw Ryan in the video store, he called me from his cell phone: "I HAVE AN ALL MY CHILDREN SIGHTING. RYAN IS STANDING ABOUT 5 FEET AWAY FROM ME. SHOULD I GO OVER AND TALK TO HIM?" I'm like "YES! AND PUT ME ON THE PHONE WITH HIM!" But he was too nervous and never did!

Well, I won't be in WDW until next June (3rd-9th). I wish that I could go again sooner! I really would love to have a DIS / AMC meet! :)

tink2dw
08-10-2001, 07:14 AM
I uit watching in Dec. when we got the Direct Satalite hooked up!!!

Beanie
08-10-2001, 09:59 AM
LOL IASW...Yes, I did see the sets...I sat on the couch with James in "Natalie's" living room! I walked up the steps in that house just to see what was up there...nothing, just an exit so the actors can leave the set...it is cool...I sat in a booth at "McKay's"...I sat on a couch in the lounge at the Hospital...The best part was seeing James' dressing room...that was so cool...He had a scrapbook that I had sent him in on his bookshelves...he also had the letter I sent him on his desk...LOL...just typing this makes me realize how addicted I was to AMC and Trevor...I used to schedule my lunch hour at work around AMC so I could watch it...:)

I couldn't even begin to list who I have met on there...there are so many, but a few that stood out was:

Tad (he was kind of snobby too!)
Ditsie (she was really nice!)
Hayley
Brian Bodine
Natalie (the first one, Kate Collins)
Trevor
Janet (the second one)
Erica
Jackson (OMG, he is so gorgeous!)
Dimitri (total snob and flat out refused to talk)
Noah (Yum!), Julia and Brooke

The one person I was so not impressed with was Angie Hubbard...remember her...well when I was doing this stuff, she was on Loving at the time and she was awful...I hadn't even said anything to her and she starts yelling at me about how "Do you think we all have time for this? Can't <b>you</b> people leave us alone for once?" I was shocked! I was thinking to myself, "Geez, I didn't even say anything to you because I could see you were not in a good mood, but then to yell at me?? I am the reason you are even on this show...If myself and billions of others didn't watch your show, where would you be??"...I lost all respect for her that day...I was just floored...Oh well...

IASW Rider
08-10-2001, 01:26 PM
BeanieJumper, that is sooooo neat! I can't believe that you got to see and sit on all of those sets! Did they let you take pictures? That is sooooo great! I also can't believe how rude Debbie Morgan was, to you! She should have been happy that a fan was taking an interest in her former show! That is really terrible - I hope that it didn't ruin your time, there! :( I'm also sorry that Tad seemed snobby to you when you met him - maybe he was having a bad day. :( He was very nice when I met him! I think that the nicest of all the AMC people whom I met was actually Adam / Stuart, with Hayley and Mateo as close runners up! And you got to meet Susan Lucci, too - that must have been neat! I really enjoyed hearing the story of your experience at AMC! Tell us more! How did you become invited "backstage"? Was anything or anyone different than you thought it / they would be?

Beanie
08-10-2001, 02:01 PM
LOL IASW...I love talking about it!! LOL...I do have pictures of all the people I met, but unfortunately they don't allow you to take pictures on the sets because of copyright laws...I do have a picture of the dressing rooms though...I don't have a scanner though, so they will have to wait until I get one...I forgot about Adam/Stuart...it was great meeting him and I agree, they were the nicest...David Canary was so nice and I when I asked him If I could get a picture with him, he said, "Do you want Adam or Stuart?"...so, I ended up with both, he even pulled his collar out from under his shirt when he posed as Stuart...what a riot he was!!

Let's see...when I finally decided that I wanted to see where they AMC studios were, I enlisted the help of my friend, Becky, another AMC fanatic...so, we drove to NYC one night and arrived at 5:30 in the morning...we found the studio easy enough because we knew what street it was on...so, we parked in a parking garage next to the studios and walked over to the building...The Security Guard was really nice and told us many people "star watch" all day long...he kept coming in and out of the studios all day while we were there...Anyway, while we were there that time, we didn't meet to many people, but did meet Agnes Nixon and Felicia Behr (the producer at the time)...when I met Felicia, which was around 2 in the afternoon, I asked her that if she saw James inside, could she please tell him I was his biggest fan and I wanted to meet him...she said she would...well we had to leave at 4:00 to get home, and I never got to meet him...sooooo being the ever persistant fan that I am, when I got home I wrote James a letter...I told him I had waited for him and that I was disappointed and wanted to meet him so bad...anyway, signed the letter and mailed it and that was that...

Becky and I decided a few months later, that we were going to go again to see if we would be able to meet anyone again...so I wrote James a letter and told him that I would be in town on that day and I would love to meet him...I sent it registered mail in hopes that he would actually get it...LOL...

We got to the studio that morning and at about 8:00 am, I saw James walking down the street from the Subway...I nearly died...I was so excited...I walked over to him and he said, "You are Tricia"...I swear I could have fell through the floor...He says, "I tried to get a hold of you last week so we could set up a lunch somewhere for us, but I couldn't get your phone number"...I am like, "What??? James Kiberd was trying to find my number in the phone book????"...Anyway, what happened was I was living with someone at the time and the phone was under his name, so that is why I wasn't listed...so he told me that he got my letter and asked if I wanted to go inside on a tour...WOULD I???? OMG...I think I was hysterical by then...anyway the rest is history...LOL...as they say...:)

That is my story...and I love to tell it!! :)

IASW Rider
08-10-2001, 02:19 PM
That is such a great story, Beaniejumper!!! That is wonderful!!!! See - it does pay to send those letters! I'm sure that Trevor appreciated all the time you took to come down and visit and to send letters, etc.! That is so neat! The people whom I have met have been either at plays, personal appearances, or even on the street in NYC! I don't have any of my pictures on line, either, but if I get a scanner, I will e-mail them over to you! Do each of the CM's have their own dressing room, or do some of them share? Are the AMC studios separate (ie: on a separate floor) from the OLTL studios, or are the near each other / share facilities, makeup rooms, etc.? Were all of the people whom you met that day working on scenes, or were some of them just there to rehearse, block the scenes, etc.?

Beanie
08-10-2001, 03:30 PM
IASW...Since we were there early in the morning, the sets where already up...the "night" people do that stuff and leave in the morning...they only tape certain scenes each day and only put up the sets they need that night...

When we walked into the building, we had to sign our names in a book at the front desk and we had to get passes to enter...(unfortunately we couldn't keep these, which would have been a great souvie!)...James then talked to us as we walked down a long hallway that was all white marble...really pretty...we made a left and there were 8 elevators there...4 on each side, when the elevator opened, "Julia" got off and we got on...but I met her later on and got pics...Anyway, we went up 2 floors and got off...went straight down this narrow hallway, and went through a door, the Security Guard just waved us through (I was sweating so bad at this point...I mean, can you imagine...here James Kiberd is leading me and my friend inside the AMC studio...LOL)...after we entered the door, we took a left and there we all kinds of doors with their names on them...We passed Susan Lucci's dressing room, Walt Willey, Kate Collins, Kelly Ripa...what I noticed though, is most of the clans had dressing rooms by each other...The Dillions were all together, The Chandlers, ect...I thought that was pretty cool...Anyway, James showed us his room, which was neat, but small I thought...had a small bed, table, bookshelf, desk, microwave, refrigerator and phone...i have a picture, but to tell you the truth, unless I actually looked at it right now, I can't remember what else was in there...it was just small is all I can think of now...All the actors have their own dressing rooms, unless you are a "fill in" person...then you don't have one...LOL...The whole time James was showing us this stuff, he was talking about how AMC works and what people do at night, ect...he was really into telling us about how the behind the scenes people worked...it was cool!

After we saw the dressing rooms, we went back to the door we came into by the dressing rooms and went the other way...this was the makeup department...all the actors go here to have their hair done, ect...they have hairdressers, makeup people, everything you can think of to make yourself beautiful! LoL...It was neat to see it all...Next we got on the elevator, and went up one more floor...we got off and it was this HUGE indoor studio...It looked like a big warehouse...there were sets of Natalie's living room, McKays, ect...all set up with lights, cameras, wires everywhere...James and I sat on the couch at Natalies, per my request..I will never forget that...I was in heaven!! LOL...

After the sets, we went through a door by the elevators, and this led us to the wardrobe department...Clothes and more clothes all lined up with everyone's screen name...There must have been like 6 rows just for "Erica"...amazing...everything was labeled...Like all Erica's stuff had her name...shoes, jewelry, purses, ect...all stored in tupperware type containers and labeled Erica...It was amazing...

The last place we saw was the breakroom, but I cannot remember how we got there...James also said they had a prop room, but it had just been "refinished" (whatever that was? I didn't ask) and we couldn't see it...the breakroom had lots of actors there and in the middle of the room was a long table with danish, cereal, coffee, drinks, anything you wanted for breakfast basically...we met a lot of people in this room...James was so nice, everytime we met someone, he would say, "here is my biggest fan"...LOL..I love him!! :)

After all that, James told us he had to "go to work" and led us back by the front door...there were a couple of girls outside and started screaming when they saw James...he said goodbye to us and hoped we enjoyed everything...I could not thank him enough...I told him I would write to him when I got home...and that was it...he ducked back inside...:)

I did write to him after that and we became rather good friends...I try to schedule lunch with him in the spring with his wife, Susan Keith...We usually do get together, but this Spring, I had to cancel as I was having family problems and couldn't make it...James is super sweet and loves all his fans...he really cares about what you think...

Anyway, AMC has it's own Makeup room...they used to share everything with Loving people, but don't anymore...AMC studios are located at 360 West 56th Street, which is at the very end of the road...it borders the River (not sure what the name is)...OLTL is at the VERY opposite end of the road...next to Central Park...ABC owns a good portion of the buildings on this road...It is hard to explain, but if you ever go, when you see AMC studios, OLTL is at the other end...LOL...

Most of the people I met that day, had scenes, but some were there just to "work out"...AMC studios has their own Aerobics/work out area...alot of actors go there on their days off to work out...at least that is what I was told! :)

Sooo, did you see AMC today?? Did you see the preview for Monday...Liza and Ryan!!! Yikes...I think I might be a little addicted to AMC...the only time I watch TV during the day is when AMC is on...My children know this and that is fine...We usually eat lunch then so we can go back outside after it is over...well today it was funny because Andrew, my 4 year old, has never really paid any attention to it...usually reads a book or something after he eats...today I was watching and all of a sudden andrew says, "Mommy...Ryan has a boo boo on his head"...I started laughing so hard...here I was thinking that he didn't even know their names!! LOL:)

Sorry this is so long!!!

Poohbear123
08-10-2001, 04:53 PM
I went to the Super Soap in Sept. of 1999! Soon after they started holding it in Nov. due to the heat and the rain! Some of the Stars actually had people holding battery operated fans for them! Than the skies opened up and it would rain! The lines were WAY too long for Autographs but I got a few pictures of Edmond,(boy is he good looking in person) and the latin kid that was on General Hospital (Emily's Boyfriend)! I wanted MORE but do to the rain and the fact I was there with other people, I didn't get anymore! If you wanted a "general Autograph" CM's were handing those out. The rides were hardly crowded though!:rolleyes: The next year I tried to go, but due to work, I had to cancel:mad: ! I am DEFINITELY going this year, as I missed the Car-avan of Stars and Ned Singing from General Hospital! They usually have a concert on Sat. Night! I will have a FULL report when I get back!;)

IASW Rider
08-11-2001, 02:13 PM
Thanks again for the great account of your experience backstage at AMC, Beaniejumper! I was going to post here right after I read your PM.....but I hadn't watched AMC yet, and when I got to the part where you mentioned something on the coming attractions for next week, I stopped reading your post until after I watched! I had a weird feeling that they were going to put Liza and Ryan together when they started spending all that time together (drinking in her office, playing basketball, her showing up on the yacht to comfort him, etc.). Look - anything is better than putting him with Mia! At least we "know" Liza (hee hee!)! And they need to give her more to do than just roll her eyes at Adam's antics! I think that she is a great actress! I think it's so wonderful that you stay in touch with James and his wife (whom I remember from "Loving"!)! And your backstage "tour" for us was great! Thanks again for taking the time to post it! And I'm sure that your children will be AMC fans in no time! :)

You have to give us the full report of Super Soap Weekend, Poohbear123! Can't wait to hear about it! I've never been before - thanks for the information about what it's like! I'm sure that there are tons of people there, but I'm sure that it's worth it! Not only to you get to see all those great ABC soap stars......but you're also in WDW at the same time!

I have now become hooked on watching my old AMC tapes - earlier today, I was watching the episodes where Maria, Edmund, and Kelsey are embroiled in the custody battle for Sam, and Anita finds out that Bobby is Sam's father!

I am also addicted to AMC, Beaniejumper, and find that I watch little else on TV, too! :)

Aprille
08-14-2001, 01:13 PM
Note to AMC wardrobe department: PLEASE stop putting button-down-the-front blouses on Ditsie. She's going to put someone's eye out when one of those buttons pops off and ricochets around the set! :p

(Didn't want this thread to die - I'm enjoying it too much - so let this serve as a bump!)

Poohbear123
08-14-2001, 02:45 PM
I Missed it the last 2 days, Whats Up?? :rolleyes:

IASW Rider
08-14-2001, 03:40 PM
I agree with you, Aprille58! I don't know why they dress her that way! She's an attractive woman, but they always seem to manage to make her look "cheap"! Do you remember her weird hairstyles of the late 1990's?? At least they're letting her have "normal hair", now!

Poohbear123 - I'll try to make this as concise as possible:

- Ryan went to the turret to "wait for Gillian". Upon realizing that she wasn't going to show up, he started throwing things around, thus starting a huge fire. He was knocked unconcious after pulling down some curtains and being hit on the head with the rod. Gillian's ghost came to him and urged him to save himself. He wandered out into the forest, where he encountered Liza, who was all upset after overhearing Adam telling the Judge who tried David's case "I slept with you once, I will not do it again". Liza and Ryan comforted eachother....and then wound up making out.....and then wound up.....well, you know! Afterwards, Edmund and Anna found them (clothed). Ryan wanted to talk to Liza about what happened 'cause he felt guilty and as if he had "used" her. She told him that it was OK - that she didn't do anything that she didn't want to do.

- JR admitted the whole breaking-into-David's-room-and-stealing-drugs-thing to Dixie and Tad. They forgave him, but were furious with David for blackmailing Adam. Tad escaped from his hotel room and went to threaten David.

- Mateo fired Gabriel, thinking that he was getting too close to Rosa and upsetting her (when in fact she was really upset 'cause Marcus kept trying to "go too far" with her). He followed Rosa and Marcus after hearing Marcus telling one of his friends: "next time, I am going to 'bag' Rosa". He overhears a commotion at the boathouse, but doesn't see what happened. He finds Marcus unconscious, a bloody boat oar near him. He picks it up to look at it, just as Shannon appears and accuses him of hitting Marcus with the oar. Shannon sends the police after him and he is arrested. Rosa looks confused and shocked, but Shannon looks all self-satisfied (thus leading us to believe that she set Gabriel up).

That's about all that I can remember! :)

Aprille
08-14-2001, 04:23 PM
I knew IASW Rider would come to the rescue with a recap of the last couple of days. Another great job! You're really good at that! :)

The only thing I can think of that wasn't mentioned is that Greenlee and Jake did it again. Greenlee let herself into Jake's condo (or apt or whatever the heck it is) dressed in a towel (!) and Jake comes out of the back of the condo also in a towel (!) and on crutches. She says she thought he was at work and just wanted to use the shower because she has no water or electricity in her condo yet. (I don't think I would move back to a place with no water or electricity but maybe that's just me!) Jake thinks she wants something else and they wind up in bed. Afterward they're both on their backs in bed (camera is above them) and they have HUGE grins on their faces. Greenlee becomes offended when Jake suggests this was the real reason she came to his condo. She gets out of bed and he follows her to the living room where they argue. When they kiss and make up the camera goes to Leo standing on the sidewalk outside of the condo looking up into the window and seeing them. Leo was there because he took a walk after Laura tried to hound him into making love to her again. This storyline ended today with Brooke walking up to the empty spot on the sidewalk where Leo was just standing and she looks up at the window and then in the direction Leo walked away.

Was anyone else waiting for Gillian to "appear" while Liza and Ryan were doing it?! The previews for tomorrow showed her asking Jesse if Ryan is going to be with Liza now.

Good news is that Ditsie wasn't on today so, to date, no one has lost an eye because of a popping button. Hopefully she'll be wearing something else next time we see her. (But please don't let it be that micro-miniskirt she was wearing a couple of weeks ago!) She's been in this blouse for at least a week. I was afraid for Michael E Knight's eyesite! Seriously! :p

And, yes, I remember the horrid hairstyles of the 90's. Hmmm, seems to coincide with the period of time in which I started hating the character.

IASW Rider
08-14-2001, 10:18 PM
That was a great update, Aprille58! :) I hadn't watched today's episode when I wrote that last post. I wish that Rosa would open her mouth and stand up for Gabriel for a change, instead of letting him take the fall for her for the 5 billionth time! By the way, what is Anna's purpose in PV, these days? She already has her memory back and has already acknowledged that she is not going to be with Edmund. I wonder if they will ever pursue that story line that they started months ago, when Dimitri got that cryptic phone call that had something to do with someone named DUKE and some sort of message for Ryan LAVERY! ("GH" reference for anyone who may not know!) Why is Gillian so surprised that Ryan would be with Liza? I'm sure that she saw them spending a lot of time together from "up there", even BEFORE their encounter in the woods!

Aprille
08-15-2001, 10:26 PM
Hello?! Where are all our AMC fans?!

Today's good news: Ditsie wasn't on.

Today's bad news: Looks like Gabriel and Rosa are on the run. UGH! Shades of Noah and Hoolia. I didn't like that one the first time around. (Forgive me. I realize this is sacrilege to most of you but I was never happier to see two characters leave the show. Now you know my deep, dark secret. Can I still play?! Please?!)

I'm also really enjoying the Erica/Chris Stamp storyline but then I liked it from the start. Has anyone else warmed up to this one yet? I've just always been an Erica fan. She cracks me up!

I guess I just walk to the beat of a different drummer. :)

Mickey's sunshine
08-15-2001, 11:05 PM
Sorry, I have not been around much on this thread. I have missed the last few days, including today.

I am warming up to the Chris/Erica story now that I know he is an FBIO agent not some guy trying to steal her $$ :)

Beanie.....an AMC Supersoap weekend meet would be awesome......what about mext year?

Poohbear123
08-16-2001, 06:10 AM
Thanks for the up-date. I am Off today, so maybe I can watch it!;) I am SO sorry I missed the Ryan/Liza "fling"! Next year sounds good for a meet too! Don't forget its in NOV so CLEAR your calendars for that month!;)

IASW Rider
08-16-2001, 09:07 AM
Aprille58 - As much as I enjoyed watching their Cinderella wedding, I wasn't a huge fan of Noah's and Julia's, either! I liked when he was trying to be with Julia but Taylor kept trying to seduce him or steal him away, but I was bored by the part when they were running away from Louie Grecco in Jamaica (I thought watching Hayley and Mateo was much more interesting!)! I would like to see them come back to the show, but they weren't my favorites.

I also like Chris Stamp better, now that we know what his "purpose" in PV is. As Mickey's Sunshine said, now that we know that he is not a "con man", I'm enjoying the repartee between Chris and Erica more.

I also think that this thing with Rosa and Gabriel is like a cross between Noah and Julia and Bobby and Anita all over again. What kind of police commissioner would ask for a formal statement from Rosa.....right in front of Marcus's parents?! And how obvious was their ploy to plant the watch in Rosa's bag?! UGH!!!!

Looks like the Ryan / Liza thing is going to be more than a "fling"! I was really surprised that he said to her "if you want me to be a friend, I'm here. And if you want more, that's all right, too".............so is he basically saying that now that he truly acknowledges that Gillian is gone, he's ready to jump into bed with Liza any time she feels like it??!! I'm not complaining, though - like I said before, I would much rather see Ryan with Liza than with Mia, Laura, or anyone else!

Aprille
08-16-2001, 01:51 PM
I must start on a serious note:

Poohbear123 - I was sorry to read on another thread that your beloved dog, Maxx, passed away last night. I'm glad to know you had this last week with him and that your dd got to see him one last time. It sounds like he passed in his sleep so at least it was peaceful. Add my prayers and hugs to the many others being sent to you and your family.

IASW Rider - I'm glad to know I'm not totally alone on the Noah/Hoolia issue. However, I must confess to you that I didn't just grow weary of the storyline. I disliked Noah from the start and through to the end. {{{GASP}}} Settle down, ladies, and let me explain where I'm coming from. :) I won't deny that Keith Hamilton Cobb is very easy on the eyes but everything I've heard or read about him indicates he was as big a jerk off-screen as the character started out on-screen. Jerks are a major turn-off in my book no matter how gorgeous they are. ;) I never even thought he was a very good actor! He left the show to become a big movie star and made some very unflattering comments as he exited about soap operas in general and the actors who work on them for the majority of their careers. Apparently he was too good for that. Let's see, where is he now? Check out his filmography on the Internet Movie Database (http://www.imdb.com). Pretty slim-pickin's. Perhaps he's flipping burgers at a McDonald's somewhere wishing he had his cushy soap gig back. :p

So, have I totally alienated everyone now? I'm sorry. Really. I just had to get that out! :)

How about some more politically correct rants:

I guess I liked Chris Stamp from the start because I had read that Jack Scalia had signed a long-term contract (I can't remember if it was 1 year or longer) so I knew (or at least hoped) that the writers would give him a good storyline. His chemistry with Susan Lucci was a little shaky at first but I think they're sparking pretty good now! :)

All the scenes at the police station have been totally lame except when Mateo punched Marcus' father. That was great! :D He is such a jerk! I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Mia is indeed Liza's half sister but they share a father, not a mother. Apparently this is why Marian was such a tramp all those years. Liza's sainted father cheated on her first. I don't like Mia and unfortunately it appears that a romantic involvement with Ryan may still be a possibility if the end of today's show is any indication. UGH!

Man, does Laura have sex on the brain or what?! Today she showed Bianca a new nightie her mother bought for her. (Good grief! How many nightgowns does she need?! Especially if she wants to have sex 24 hours a day. No nightie needed for that, dearie! As a matter of fact it can be a hindrance.) When Bianca said, "You're showing me what you wear when you're intimate with your husband. It makes me uncomfortable", I was screaming at the TV, "ME TOO!!"

Okay, that's my rant for the day. Whew! I feel much better now. :)

P.S. I would definitely be interested in a DIS meet at WDW for Soap Opera Weekend (SOW) next year. (If anyone still wants to meet me after my Noah rant!) I'm actually arriving at WDW this year on Nov 4th for a week. I didn't know when I made my room ressies months ago that it was SOW or I would have arranged to arrive a couple of days early. Too late now. I already have my airline ticket. This will be a solo trip for me, sort of. I plan to meet with a couple of girlfriends for 3 or 4 days of the week. I'm hoping to come home to dh with stories of how wonderful the Food and Wine Festival is so maybe I can talk him into going back for that next year and I'll just make sure it coincides with SOW! ;)

P.S.S. I'm sorry this is even longer than my usual ramblings. Sometimes it just pours out and I can't make it stop! I think I may need professional help! :p

MaryJ
08-16-2001, 02:45 PM
I picked up some of what happened today (Thurs.) from Aprille58's post, but can anyone fill me in some more? Our cable company is updating its system and the whole system was down for 1 1/2 hours today. This included ALL of AMC. Of course, when OLTL came on, it was up and running again!:mad:

Aprille
08-16-2001, 03:43 PM
Okay, MaryJ. Let's see if I can help you out here. Consider it payback for putting me back in touch with davidfur. I use to read his rants when he posted on the AOL AMC message boards years ago. Loved his latest rant! Thanks for posting the link.

Just be forewarned that I was typing my latest diatribe (see above) while the show was on in the background so it wasn't getting my full attention but I don't think it was necessary today as is the case many days.

Bianca showed up at Laura's for a visit. Laura proceeded to show off her new nightie (as I explained in my earlier post - UGH!). They ended up having a big fight. Binky was trying to warn Laura that Leo is still in love with Greenlee. Laura accused her of wanting to make trouble so Binky could have Laura for herself. (What an ego!) Laura ended up throwing Binky out of the apt and told her not to come back.

Meanwhile, in Brooke's office, Leo walks in to find Greenlee alone in the office. I didn't catch why Greenlee was there. I assume she was delivering or picking up something for Enchantment. I wasn't paying real close attention here but they argued and Leo told her how much he loved Laura and how good it was to be with someone pure (or something to that effect). Greenlee accused him of just trying to hurt her to make her go away which we all know is true as Leo is very hurt now since he saw Greenlee and Jake making out through the condo window. Brooke was outside her office eavesdropping on the whole conversation. She's been doing that alot lately, hasn't she? At least this time it was in her office. Greenlee stormed out and Brooke came in. Leo wanted to know how much she had heard and she said, "Enough." She was happy to hear him proclaim his love for Laura. She offered him a job as her assistant. Oh, brother! He's in a loveless marriage to a nymphomaniac and now he'll be working for his mother-in-law. Brilliant. :p

Greenlee shows up at Jake's and starts stomping around the condo making angry animal noises. Jake asks her to sit next to him and tries to kiss her. She pulls back. Jake wants to know what's wrong. Did Erica give her a hard time at the office today? "I wish!" she says. Of course he figures out it was Leo. Greenlee finally settles down and tries to kiss Jake. Now he pulls away and gets up and says he has to go to work. Greenlee notices he left his dr's smock with his id badge on it and figures out he wasn't going to the hospital.

Jake is waiting for Leo when he comes home. Jake tells him he needs to get his act together and quit sending Greenlee mixed signals. I have in the past found Jake to be a self-righteous prig but I was yelling, "Right on!" at the tv to him today! :) I have to admit that I'm enjoying Jake much more now that he's with Greenlee.

I'm ecstatic to report that Ditsie wasn't on again today. :D :D :D So everyone's eyesight is safe from ricocheting buttons for another day. :p

Hmmm, that's about all I can remember right now. If I think of anything else I'll pop back in or maybe IASW Rider can fill in any gaps I missed.

shelby2001
08-16-2001, 07:46 PM
Here is my thought on who is setting up Erica with the drugs, could it be good old Roger, who now had Greenlee install a program on the computer for inventory? What is Roger up to, and Arlene is coming back to town for the birth of Haley's baby I love Arlene she is always good for causing some trouble.

Aprille
08-16-2001, 07:55 PM
Oh, yeah. It's definitely Roger. ;) This storyline is getting good. I hope it's on tomorrow. Unfortunately this storyline also involves Tad on the run and Ditsie who I hope NOT to see tomorrow for the third day in a row. :p

I hadn't heard about Arlene coming back. Thanks for the info. I just checked on SoapCentral to make sure it was the same actress, Olivia Birkelund. It is. She's great! :)

IASW Rider
08-17-2001, 05:25 AM
Great update, Aprille58! And I am so glad to hear that Arlene is coming back - I think that Olivia Bierklund is a great actress, also, and was sad to see her go, last year! I also agree with Shelby2001 that Roger is the "connection" to the drug people, and that he is using Greenlee to filter drugs through Enchantment, somehow. I also agree that Jake is much more pleasant and "easy to take", now that he's flirting with Greenlee! I think that they're making him more attractive somehow, too, to go along with his new pseudo-bad-boy image. Glad to see that I'm not the only one who sees trouble on the horizon, in terms of the way that yesterday's episode ended. Are they going to have the 2 sisters (Liza and Mia) "fighting" over Ryan? Notice how Ryan hasn't thought of or mentioned Gillian at all, lately? I'm curious to see if Leo is going to have a nervous breakdown, now, after seeing Greenlee with Jake and now working for Brooke, then going home to Laura, who won't let him out of her sight. I felt so badly for Bianca when Laura threw her out of her house! Laura will be sorry if Leo winds up dumping her, and she really DOES turn to Bianca for comfort........and Bianca says "get lost" to her!

Aprille58 - I also heard that Keith Hamilton Cobb is a jerk and doesn't treat his fans very nicely. Last I saw him, he was on a tacky Gene Rodenberry show, "Andromeda". Tried to watch one episode and found it too ridiculous to watch. I cannot believe that he would put down daytime dramas and the people who work on them - he was lucky to be on AMC as long as he was!

Poohbear123 - I am so sorry to hear about your dog. I know how it feels - I have lost beloved pets, myself. I know that it is very painful and heartbreaking. I hope that you're all right. Your friends on the DIS Boards are here to "talk", if you need us!

Mickey's sunshine
08-17-2001, 12:04 PM
Thanks for all the updates April!!!

Pooh, we are here if you need us. {{hugs}}

Hey we need some AMC cheerleaders. LOL hee hee

Watching now so I wonder what will happen today. Cant wait till Hayley has that baby!!

IASW Rider
08-17-2001, 01:59 PM
Lucky!!!!! I'm stuck here at work (UGH) - I look forward to going home and watching AMC to "unwind"! I would love to be an "AMC Cheerleader"......if you'll teach me how to get that clipart into my signature! I just can't figure out how to do it, for some reason! :)

Beanie
08-17-2001, 10:54 PM
Okay, I am back from Vacation and I must say I missed this thread the most!! :) Thanks for recapping everything that happened!! I hate to miss it, but oh well, it was Disney, so you can all forgive me just this once!!

Christine...I definitely agree and think we should shoot for November of next year...what do you all think? I think an AMC/DIS meet during Super Soap weekend would be great! We usually go in November or December, so that would work out perfect for us!! :) Also, how about a AMC clipart, but not a cheerleader...nothing against them, but I think there are enough of them already? Let's be original? or maybe I am just blowing air?? LOL

Anyway, lets hear your thoughts and suggestions...I will look forward to reading them!! :)

Glad to be back!

Poohbear123
08-18-2001, 01:28 PM
Mickey's Sunshine & Aprille: Thanks for your kind thoughts. It's been rough, but, I know he is at Rainbow Bridge with the others that have passed before him.:( I missed AMC ALL last week, so thanks for the Updates! I have 74 more days till Nov. and I can STILL Hardly Wait! I am bringing LOTS of film and a seperate notebook to make notes!;) Wish me luck on getting some Autographs! Next year WE ALL have to meet for sure!:) Thanks again and God Bless! Faith AKA Poohbear123!

Beanie
08-19-2001, 01:02 PM
Okay, just where are all my AMC buddies this weekend??? :)

I would love to know who is interested in SSW next year?
Anyone?
Anyone?
Bueller?

LMBO!! :)

IASW Rider
08-19-2001, 09:02 PM
I would love to do it, but I doubt that I will be able to next year, since we are going in June. :(
You will all have to take lots of pictures and post them so that I can see them! Maybe SSW in '03! :)

Beanie
08-19-2001, 09:55 PM
IASW...bummer!:( But yes, we can always plan for '03!! :) That might be better for some anyway...we can see who shows interest in it first...afterall, it is over a year away!;) LOL!

Mickey's sunshine
08-19-2001, 10:21 PM
I am here, just at work right now!!

Shelby....that sounds like a good possibilty...Roger that scum!!

Beanie...I am all for an AMC clippie, can settle with something other than a cheerleader!! :) Any ideas for a clippie? I am trying to think of something....will let you know what I come up with!

Okay I am in for a AMC DIS meet next year!! Hmm should we write to the station and tell them about us? Think that will get us anything?

dizneenut
08-19-2001, 10:23 PM
Beanie....I would love to do a DIS Meet at SSW, but I doubt I could swing it! :( :(

Beanie
08-19-2001, 10:31 PM
Awww Sherry...C'mon...you don't have to think about it now anyway...It is a year away...who knows what can happen in a year, right?;) At least think about it!! :) Besides, you could save up all those GCs for SSW instead of anything else!!:D

Christine...How about something with the logo on it?? Like maybe AMC/DIS addict or something? lol...I don't know...we can think of something I am sure!! :) And yes, I do think we should send some "registered" mail! LOL...when the meet gets closer though!! LOL

Mickey's sunshine
08-19-2001, 10:33 PM
Yeah Sherry, dont rule it out now.....it is 14-15 months away for next years. :)

Beanie....logo in it would be cool, maybe I will have BT suggest something? She is so good at it.

dizneenut
08-19-2001, 11:08 PM
We are going July 2002....don't think I can make it again so soon!:(
Beanie....LOL.....the gc's would be easy, its the rest that will be hard to get together!!:D
I would love to meet y'all, and I have always wanted to go to SSW....maybe something amazing will happen and I can make it!!
Is that positive enough thinking??;) :D

Beanie
08-20-2001, 09:12 AM
Okay, so we need to take up a collection for Sherry to be able to go!!!:D :D **Sending Positive vibes!** LOL

Christine...yes, BT is awesome at that stuff, so I would definitely ask her...!!

So, should we officially say that we will have a meet during SSW next November? :bounce:

dizneenut
08-20-2001, 10:24 AM
LOL Tricia!!
:D :D :D :D

Beanie
08-20-2001, 11:10 AM
I am serious, Sherry!!! ROTF!!:D :D

dizneenut
08-20-2001, 11:15 AM
We can have a "Send Sherry To SSW" drive!!:D :D

Beanie
08-20-2001, 11:26 AM
Oh yes, definitely...we can have BT make us a Lemonade stand and sell some to raise funds....OMG...too funny...

"Help send Sherry to Super Soap Weekend"...I am laughing so hard over this thread....hey, you never know...if I win the Powerball, I will send all of us AMC fans on the biggest Disney trip of our lives!!! LOL

dizneenut
08-20-2001, 11:37 AM
OMG! I am laughing so hard here I about fell off my chair!!!:D :D

Love the BT clippie idea!!

Oh yeah! Play that Powerball girl!!;) :D

Mickey's sunshine
08-20-2001, 11:40 AM
Beanie! yes I am all for the SSW AMC DIS meet next year!!!

LOL a lemonade stand for Sherry...cute!! Okay were can I send my spare change?

Beanie
08-20-2001, 12:33 PM
LOL...BT needs to make a Lemonade stand clippie for Sherry!!! Instead of selling Coronas like BT, you can sell pics of Super hunky AMC guys!! LOL!! OMG...the images are just too much!!

Christine...I am definitely in, so we just need to recruit, Sherry, poohlover, Aprille and IASW!! :)

dizneenut
08-20-2001, 12:35 PM
LOL....Beanie, you are killing me!! I swear, I am gonna fall off this chair before the day is over!:D :D

I like the super hunky AMC guys idea!! And the lemonade stand!

Christine.....can spare change be sent thru computer wires??? :D

Beanie
08-20-2001, 12:47 PM
I can just see the ad now:

<font color=purple><font size=4><marquee>Come, buy my pics of AMC hunky guys...send me to SSW with Beanie and Christine</marquee></font></font>

I am dying here!!! :) OMG...this thread is too funny now!

I just realized I missed AMC because I was having so much fun today with this thread...Now I have to wait until 3:00 to watch it on the West Coast channel!:rolleyes:

Ummm, can you say addicted?;)

Aprille
08-20-2001, 01:01 PM
Count me in for a meet for SSW next year! (If I can talk dh into going with me or letting me go solo! :) ) But y'all have totally lost me with the lemonade stand references. I guess I don't get out enough! :D

I'm all for a AMC/DIS clipart but don't really care for the cheerleader thing either. It doesn't fit my personality as you have probably figured out from my rants.

I didn't watch the soap live today. I was out running errands. I'm about to go eat my lunch and watch it on tape!

dizneenut
08-20-2001, 01:01 PM
LOL Beanie...I had it on in the background, but didn't really pay much attention! I'll watch it at 8 on Soap Net!:D

OH, I LOVE that ad!!!:D :D :D

Beanie
08-20-2001, 01:15 PM
Aprille, the lemonade stand reference is to the Swan Dolphin Cheerleaders...********** used to have a Lemonade Stand for her clipart and we were just saying that Sherry needs one now to make some money to be able to go to SSW with us next year!! :) That is so great that you will be able to make it as well!! Lol About the Cheerleader clipart...I love them cheerleaders, but I think for us, we need something more subtle...LOL...don't you agree?;)

Sherry, you have Soap net too?? ROTF...I guess we are more alike then we think? :D

Okay, I am off now...gotta actually do something today!:rolleyes: This is what happens when my stepdaughters take my two kids for the day...I spend the entire time Dis'ing...LOL Besides, I have to watch AMC at 3:00 or I will have to subject myself to the 8:00 pm viewing on Soap Net...ROTF...:)

Pembo
08-20-2001, 03:03 PM
Alright Sherry I want in on your Send Sherry to DIS/SSW drive!!! I want to go too!!!!! We could both ditch "the boys" and go!!! LOL~!!

Now I have a question, do we know who whacked Marcus???? I missed those episodes and I'm too lazy to read all the posts on this thread. ;)

dizneenut
08-20-2001, 03:12 PM
LOL Beanie! I love Soap Net!!:D

Alright Barb!!! Yeah, ditching the boys sounds PERFECT!!!:D ;)
Hey, we both were in band...we could bring out our old instruments and put on a benefit concert to raise money for our SSW trip!!!:D :rolleyes: :eek:

Aprille
08-20-2001, 04:01 PM
Pembo - We don't "know" who whacked Marcus. My guess is Shannon. Payback for slapping her around.

I'm glad I watched on tape today. All the easier to ff through Gabriel and Rosa falling in love. GAG!

For those keeping track (probably just me) this was day 4 with no Ditsie. :D Likes like my luck runs out tomorrow according the the previews. :( I hope all of Pine Valley will be wearing protective eyewear. :p

Poohbear123
08-20-2001, 04:28 PM
Hey! Count me in for next year! Hopefully I will be LIVING 1 hour away from the "World" by than!;) Oh, and by the way, I got 3 numbers in the lotto this week! You think that will help with the "Sherry Fund"?? If so, let me know!;) (its around 4.50) WHOOPPEEE!:rolleyes:

dizneenut
08-20-2001, 04:34 PM
Hey Poohbear! $4.50 would help just fine!!:D :D :D

Beanie
08-20-2001, 06:55 PM
Pembo...what a great idea!!! We need a Hunky AMC pics stand now for Sherry and Pembo...do you think you can share?? LOL

Aprille...I am with you on the Gag with Gabriele and Rosa...Yick! And yes, I also count the days without Ditsie..you are not the only one...Might want to tape it tomorrow too and FF through her parts!!! :rolleyes:

Poohbear123...that is great...another one is going!! Now it is Christine, you, me, Aprille, Sherry and Pembo!! LOL Well, if we can raise enough at the Hunky pics stand that Sherry and Pembo will be working at this year!! :)

Sherry...I don't have any change in my pocket, but I have some lint...will that help???;)
*~*~*~*~

Mickey's sunshine
08-20-2001, 08:24 PM
LOL Beanie!!!!! Soap hunks for sale. LOL

Pooh, where are you moving to?

I hope to see you all at the 2002 SSW!!

I am going to PM BT later tonight and see what she can come up with for us.

Sherry.....we will find a way for you to go. :)

dizneenut
08-20-2001, 09:21 PM
OK, I am getting excited!! With all your help, maybe I will raise enough money to go!! Pembo and me can fly down together!!;) :D

Uh, Tricia....thanks, but you can keep the lint!!:D :D

The first pic we should sell should be Ryan's!!:D

Mickey's sunshine
08-20-2001, 09:23 PM
Definately Ryan!! I think he would be the most requested!!! Oh yeah,..... daydreaming of Ryan. LOL

Beanie
08-20-2001, 11:11 PM
Okay, I got it...Problem solved...Here ya go, Sherry...it's the least I could do for ya!!;)

http://www.madeofmoney.com/hundred.jpg

Couple of those and you should have no problem...:D As for pics you should sell, don't forget past cast members...don't want to leave out my Noah!! :) and yes on Ryan...whoo hoo...can you say "HOT"...:)

Christine...did you PM BT yet?? I am dying to see what she can come up with!! :)

Mickey's sunshine
08-20-2001, 11:28 PM
Awww, how nice of you Beanie!!

Oh yes Mr Noah is a hottie too! Slong with Mateo and Ryan and Jackson. :) *drool*

dizneenut
08-20-2001, 11:41 PM
WOO HOO!!

Thanks Beanie! Your a sweetie!! That will help alot!!:D

Beanie
08-21-2001, 12:29 AM
**Jackson**...Ahh major drool, Christine!! LOL

Sherry...anything for a friend!! LOL...I am actually looking forward to seeing your Lemonade/hunky pics clippie!!! ROTF...

dizneenut
08-21-2001, 12:32 AM
LOL, Beanie! I am looking forward to it too!!:D

Mickey's sunshine
08-21-2001, 12:35 AM
Oh yes I cant wait either, just may buy a few off of ya! ;)

Sherry.....love the angel girl, very cute!!

Beanie
08-21-2001, 12:39 AM
Ahh Sherry, just noticed the Angel clippie!! How adorable..oh wait, are you trying to tell us something?? If you are then I am having a hard time believing it!!! LOL!! Like I am sure you would be some kind of "angel" with Ryan??? LMBO!

You both are going to kill me on this thread...here it is 1:30 in the morning for me and I am awake and replying to this thread *again*!!! LOL

Awww, can't you just feel the love?? LOL

dizneenut
08-21-2001, 12:42 AM
Thanks Beanie & MS for the compliments on my angel.
Why, Beanie, are you implying I am not an angel???:eek: :eek: :eek: ;)
Oh, no, I definitely won't be acting like an angel w/ Ryan!!!:D :D :D

MS...I'll sell ya however many you want!! I need the money!!!:D :D

Mickey's sunshine
08-21-2001, 12:46 AM
Okay, how about 4 Ryans and 3 Noahs? How much will that be?

So do you think if we write to AMC that they will do something for us....like ride in the parade with the hotties? :D

Beanie
08-21-2001, 12:48 AM
Looks like Sherry is already in that "Send me to SSW" mood!! :) In all reality, I think you will end up going!! How could you possibly miss out on meeting us?? hee hee ....and yes I am implying something about that Angel clippie...isn't that called false advertising?? :rolleyes:

I really hope Jackson is there...he is sooooooooooo Hot!!

Beanie
08-21-2001, 12:49 AM
Oh yeah, Christine, I can almost picture that...Sherry would be drooling all over Ryan and we would both be drowning in the back!!! :D :D

dizneenut
08-21-2001, 12:50 AM
Well, lets see....how about $70??? :D Does $10 a pic sound good? Or should I raise it! I am desperate, you know!! LOL

OMG, if AMC let us ride in the parade, I would WALK to SSW and starve the whole weekend, just to go!!!:bounce: :bounce:

Mickey's sunshine
08-21-2001, 12:52 AM
Did you ladies watch the show today? I am hoping Liza gives it to Mia!!

On the previews...cant wait to see Adam catch Liza and Ryan together and I hope Ryan gives Adam what he deserves!!

Beanie
08-21-2001, 12:53 AM
Sherry...if that ever happened, I would just about freak out!! But I get dibs on riding next to Jackson!! :)

Mickey's sunshine
08-21-2001, 12:54 AM
Really Sherry? YOu would walk there?

Okay...here is a mission for all of us AMC fans, if you dare to except the challenge :D

We need to come up with an awesome letter so they let us ride with the actors!!

We also need a clippie. :)

dizneenut
08-21-2001, 12:55 AM
I missed it! And fell asleep on the sofa and missed the replay at 8 on Soap Net! :rolleyes:
I'll watch it tomorrow morning.

Beanie.........False Advertising??? Me???? Oh my!! I am shocked that you would even think that of sweet little innocent me!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jackson is a hottie, too!! And, I think Leo is a hottie too!!;)

Beanie
08-21-2001, 12:57 AM
I watched today and I am still sick over the Rosa/Gabriele thing...Yuck! :(

And just knowing Ditsie will be on tomorrow...eek!

Mickey's sunshine
08-21-2001, 01:01 AM
Yes I am tired of Rosa and Gabriel also........when is he set to leave???

Hayley shold be back sometime this week.....probably the last 2 mins on Friday!

Beanie
08-21-2001, 01:02 AM
Christine...that would be no problem if Trevor were still on AMC...but oh wait, I forgot we are campaigning to BRING BACK THE DILLONS!!!! What a stupid idea to let them go!! But I am all for writing the letter!! Just need some great ideas!!! :)

Sherry...come on now, admit it...it is okay, we are your friends and you know, the first step to healing is admitting you have a problem...:D ha ha ha...angel...ha ha ha

dizneenut
08-21-2001, 01:05 AM
LOL, Beanie. You must have me mistaken for someone else!!! I am just a sweet little innocent gal!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I'm as sweet as they come!!:D

I think the letter is a good idea.

Mickey's sunshine
08-21-2001, 01:06 AM
Wanna see the spoilers for this week? Here they are:

Edmund continues his investigation to clear Gabriel.

New evidence leads Edmund to question a new suspect.

Greenlee causes trouble for Laura and Leo.

Liza reacts to the news that Mia is her half-sister.

Liza demands that Mia take a DNA test to prove her claim.

Gabriel and Rosa's secret hiding place is discovered.

Gabriel and Rosa turn to Bianca for help.

Anna pretends to be Alex.

Anna attempts to expose a crook.

Gillian "haunts" Erica's house.

Gillian learns that Chris plays a part in her task.

Ryan and Liza's "relationship" continues to blossom.

Liza tells Adam that she knows he had an affair with Kaye.

Hayley starts to go into labor.

Laura catches Leo and Greenlee in a compromising position.

Tad returns home to visit his loved ones.

Tad and Chris have words.

The police make an arrest...

SNEAK PEEK for next week:

Laura is nowhere to be found.

Liza gives Adam an ultimatum.

Beanie
08-21-2001, 01:07 AM
Sherry...You need to turn on your AOL...LOL :)

Christine and I are having a great conversation!! :)

dizneenut
08-21-2001, 01:13 AM
OK, hang on...I will...LOL

Beanie
08-21-2001, 07:57 AM
Christine...I really like that "Hayley goes into labor" sneak preview...It must be pretty weird to "pretend" you are pregnant after just giving birth!! LOL

Hey you guys, what are the official dates of our meet anyway? I know we are going during SSW, but what days does that fall on??

This is looking pretty good so far...

Sherry (we will get ya there!)
Pembo
Aprille
Beanie
Christine
Poohbear123
IASW (maybe? a year is a long time from now!!):)

What a blast it will be!! :)

Pembo
08-21-2001, 08:26 AM
I have actual photos from SSW 2years ago of some of our AMC favs, including Ryan!!! He walked about 2 feet from me, I could have touched him!!!!!!!!!

What do you think it will sell for????? LOL!!!!!

dizneenut
08-21-2001, 09:12 AM
Pembo!!!! You were that close to Ryan and you didn't reach out and grab him???:eek: :eek: :D

I think it would sell at a pretty high price!! LOL

Hey...you HAVE to show me that pic the next time we have an OH meet!!:D

Beanie
08-21-2001, 09:55 AM
Geez, Sherry, talk about being hoggy!! :D Can't we all see it at the SSW next November??:rolleyes:

Oh, but that is right, I forgot you just love Ryan and you are such an Angel...Angel <i>was</i> the word you used, right??;) :D LOL

IASW Rider
08-21-2001, 10:00 AM
Mickey's Sunshine - where do you find those spoilers????

How much longer do you think it will be, before Laura winds up either A) back at PV Hospital or B) at Oak Haven, as a result of worrying about Leo's whereabouts, 24 hours a day? How much longer till Leo explodes and tells her that he wants out? I almost thought that he was going to do that, the other day! I want to like Laura, but she is getting really annoying with her "you're my husband, I'm your wife" stuff! And as much as I have always liked Brooke, I cannot believe that she is assisting Laura in trying to "trap" Leo - everything that Bianca said the other day is true! She is the only one who is making sense....even if she does have a "personal interest" in the situation!

Wish that I could join you all at SSW '02 - it's a nice thought, anyway! I will be there "in spirit", regardless! In the mean time, I will support the campaign and buy all those soap-hunk pictures and man the lemonade stand! :)

dizneenut
08-21-2001, 10:43 AM
IASW....hey, I'll share my profits w/ you so you can come to SSW too!!:D Thanks for the offer of manning the lemonade stand! I'm gonna need lots of help!!:D

Beanie....I am not hoggy!!:rolleyes: And, yes, the word was ANGEL....I am a total, 100%, complete ANGEL!!! OK, since I am such an angel, I will not look at the pic of Ryan before SSW!!;)

Happy now???:D :D

Pembo....disregard that stuff about the Ryan pic....I wanna see it ASAP! :D
But don't tell Beanie.......she already is doubting my angel status!!;) :D :eek: :rolleyes:

Aprille
08-21-2001, 10:46 AM
IASW Rider - I think the spoilers are coming from SoapCentral.com. It's a great site for detailed daily recaps too if you miss the show. I don't usually look at the spoilers because I like to try to figure out what is going to happen myself. I did just go visit the site and see that Gabriel is leaving. YEA! I never cared for the character and the actor is just too pretty to be a boy. LOL!

I agree with you completely about Laura. My favorite spoiler was the one that said Laura is nowhere to be found. Yahoo! She use to have a backbone. She has become way too needy. It's very unattractive. What is up with Brooke wanting to keep her daughter in an unhappy marriage? Bianca is the only one who sees the writing on the wall. I loved her trying to make Brooke see the light. The girl has gumption, you have to give her that. She is her mother's daughter.

Don't rule out coming for SSW weekend next year. It's a long way off. I'm not positive I can come either. I'm still working on a strategy for convincing my dh to come with me or let me go solo. I have 2 more trips to the World this year. I will probably wait until the beginning of next year to even mention it to him! He's not near the disney-a-holic that I am. SSW would definitely not interest him. I think I'll use the Food and Wine Festival for a lure. :D

Beanie
08-21-2001, 11:36 AM
Ahhhh...I am laughing so hard, Sherry!! You are so funny!! :)

Pembo...not showing that picture until WE ALL can see it...fair is fair!!! ;)

Aprille...I think I would wait to tell my DH that as well! LOL...We have two trips planned for next year, so I have to do that "lets convince my DH to go back" game as well!:rolleyes: He is "disney impaired"...(quoting a phrase Nativetxn uses all the time about her DH!) LOL

IASW Rider
08-21-2001, 11:39 AM
Thanks, dizneenut! It's very kind of you to offer to share the profits with me! :)

Aprille58 - I hope that you are able to get down to SSW! I wish that I could go, but saving for our wedding and ultimate honeymoon (in WDW, of course!) will probably prevent me from getting down there before June. Believe it or not, I've gotten my DF to start watching AMC.....and now he is hooked, too.....so he would probably ENJOY going to SSW! :) Maybe in '03.......:)

I usually don't look at spoilers, either, but I couldn't resist looking at the ones which Mickey's Sunshine posted. I won't look at that website! I'm surprised that Gabriel is leaving - I was SURE that they were going to make him into "the next Noah" and have this be the first of his "exciting adventures" with Rosa! Who will they put Rosa with next - J.R.??!!

Yeah - I liked Laura much better when she was standing up for herself and for Bianca in school, against the idiot bullies - hard to believe that she is the same person as the simpering wimp that we see her as, today. I miss the OLD Laura - I can't picture HER ever turning into this whiny housewife! I feel badly for her, but at the same time I get really angry watching how she's smothering Leo. I like Leo's nervous/frustrated/trapped facial expressions, lately! Well, I guess that it's back to Ditsie, again today. At least it looks like Tad will have reunion with the boys, which should be nice. Are they really going to have a "love triangle" with Ryan, Liza, and Mia? UGH. Maybe Adam will pay Mia even more than he is already paying her.....to get Ryan away from Liza!

Beanie
08-21-2001, 11:58 AM
Okay, so this morning, I happened to be flipping channels looking for something and I come across Mama's Family...I love this show...(but that is another thread!:rolleyes: )...do you all remember the <b>First</b> Opal?? Dorothy Lyman was great as opal...I mean, I love the new one as well, but the first one was great! Anyway, I always get a kick out of seeing her on Mama's Family...I always think "Opal" instead of "Naomi"...ROTF!! :)

IASW...OMG...nothing better than a Spouse (or future in this case) that is hooked on your favorite soap!! LOL...My DH used to watch AMC all the time before we met...he hasn't for a long time now, but once in awhile I will say something about Phoebe or Erica and he will say, "Is she still on that show?"...LOL!

Gotta go watch now...actually force myself to watch the Ditsie scenes today...:rolleyes:
Does anyone here actually like her?? I am just curious because if you do, I might stop calling her Ditsie!! LOL...It is all Aprille's fault anyway, she started the "ditsie" thing!!:D :D

Mickey's sunshine
08-21-2001, 12:20 PM
Okay I am here. Yes I did get the spoilers from soapcentral. Sorry if I spoiled this week for anyone! I promise not to post them again. ;)

I agree with the wimpy Laura that she is now. I did like her a little when she was a tough "street rat" and sticking up for Bianca.

Oh no....it is Ditsie!! uuughh!!

Mickey's sunshine
08-21-2001, 12:23 PM
Oh yeah and BT said she will try to do a clipart for us.....she just needs some ideas. I asked her if we could work with a half naked soap stud (Ryan maybe???) :)

Aprille
08-21-2001, 12:24 PM
Beanie - I love the "Disney-impaired" label. That fits dh to a tee. He always has a good time when I drag him to the World, it's just convincing him to go in the first place that is the hard part! LOL!

My dh use to watch AMC when we first got married (almost 27 years ago). He was hooked for quite awhile but he eventually weaned himself off of it. Now if he stumbles onto me watching on tape he'll catch himself asking questions about the storyline and then he'll say, "Nevermind. Don't answer. I'm not going to get started on this again!" LOL!

Yes, I loved Dorothy Lyman as Opal!

Why doesn't anyone mention Tad as one of the many hunks on the show?!? But then I use to think he was much hunkier before Ditsie sucked the life out of him!

The show is on now but I've decided to watch on tape so I can ff thru Ditsie's scenes. Yeah, that's right, Beanie - blame me! :D Sorry if my name for her offends anyone but I can't bring myself to type out the real character name. :D :D :D

Aprille
08-21-2001, 12:31 PM
Mickey's Sunshine - My vote would be for something a little more subdued for a clipart. As you can see, I have no avatar or clipart in my sig now. I'd prefer not to have a half-naked man (unless it's Mel Gibson) in my sig. But maybe that's just me! :D

How about something with the AMC/DIS logos together?

(I have a feeling I'm going to be way out-voted on this one! :rolleyes: )

Beanie
08-21-2001, 12:39 PM
Aprille...I agree with you...I would like an AMC/DIS logo as well...but I am SURE Sherry would like a half naked Ryan!! LOL

Christine...I will look for some AMC clipart during Ditsie's scenes!! :rolleyes: Speaking of which, they are on now...ICK... OOOOHhhhhh Edmund...I think he is hot too!! :) But I really like Jackson the best!!! *steaming!*

I find it amusing to see to see Anna Devane on AMC still...LOL...I always picture her with Scorpio from General Hospital!! LOL

Aprille
08-21-2001, 12:39 PM
MS - just saw your apology for posting the spoilers. Don't worry about it! :) They were labeled as such and therefore could have easily been avoided. Besides, most of the "spoilers" happened on yesterday's show anyway! LOL!

Beanie
08-21-2001, 01:31 PM
ARGH!! I tried to post two pics today that were so cute and I couldn't...I guess I will have to save them to my website and do it from there...They are really cute...I can't wait to show you guys!! :)

IASW Rider
08-21-2001, 01:48 PM
Mickey's Sunshine - please don't apologize - I think it's great that you post the spoilers! I was just wondering where you found them!

I also like the idea of an AMC / DIS logo clip art - avatar! Would someone mind teaching me how to insert one into my signature or under my "name", please? I am so clueless!

I think that Tad is still one of the biggest "hunks" on the show - I have had a crush on him since I was like 15 years old! I also think that Edmund, Leo, and Ryan are very attractive! And Jackson, too! Mateo is not too hard on the eyes, either!

I also thought that Dorothy Lyman was wonderful as Opal! But Jill Larson has really grown on me, through the years!

I don't mind Ditsie - I just hate when she gets all "high and holy" and "holier than thou"......like she was just before she left the show - when she would sit with Michael Delaney and judge Tad and Liza and the way that Liza lived her life. Or now, when she keeps going on about how important her FAMILY is and how nothing is more important than FAMILY.....when a mere few months ago, she didn't remember that her FAMILY existed, as she jumped from hotel to hotel with David!

Beanie
08-21-2001, 02:00 PM
Okay, I think I have it now...LOL...so computer brain dead sometimes!! LOL

http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/beaniejumper/harold1.gif

Dontcha just love Harold!!

Here is a good one...Remember when Janet used to talk to "herself" in the mirror??

http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/beaniejumper/mirjanet.gif

ROTF...these are so cute...I found this incredible sound wave Website for AMC...you should check it out...they have all the theme song soundwaves and all kinds of clips from the show...it is cool!!

AMC Sound Clips (http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Boulevard/4410/index.html)

Got a little bored today with all the Tad/Ditsie parts, so I was searching for AMC stuff...LOL :rolleyes:

Christine...I, too, like the spoilers...I love reading them...I am glad you do it!! LOL I am one of those people who shake and rattle presents under the tree!!:D

IASW...I can show you how to add an avatar or clipart...It is really easy...:) I also love Jill Larson...she is so sweet too!! Isn't it really funny though to see "former" AMC people on other shows...Like Sarah Michelle Gellar will always be "Kendall" to me...no matter what she does!! LOL How funny last night my kids were watching the Teen Choice Awards and SMG won some achievement award and they had like a 5 minute clip of her shows and movies throughout her career...I was really amazed that they didn't show or say one thing about AMC...talk about being snobby!! :)

dizneenut
08-21-2001, 03:52 PM
Uhh....Beanie...I happen to LOVE Dixie!!!:D :rolleyes:

I like the 1/2 naked Ryan idea, but I think we should stick to an AMC/DIS logo!!:D

I loved Dorothy Lyman as Opal. I will always see her as Opal, no matter what other characters she plays!!

Beanie...those pics are so cool. Love the Harold one!!:D

Beanie
08-21-2001, 04:32 PM
Ummm Sherry...why does it NOT suprise me that you like Ditsie??:D ;) LOL....Two people trying to "prove" they are Angels!!http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/angelwing.gif Yeah, okayyyyyyy....LOL! Oh and while we are on the subject...1/2 naked picture of Ryan??? That doesn't sound like "angel talk" to me!!:rolleyes: ;)

Glad you enjoyed Harold...I thought it was so cute when I saw it!! :) Definitely "Dillonish"...:)

DopeyRN
08-21-2001, 04:51 PM
OK...here is my $.02 worth...

I like Ditsy...uh Dixie too. And I have always liked Tad.

Ryan is the hunk of the show..though Leo was appealing too when he was anguished over Laura's near death. I would take Mateo too.

I do NOT like Laura. So much so that I am pulling for Leo and Greenlee...OMG did I just say that??

I am bored with Erica, and what's his name...the FBI guy. I could live forever without Greenlee's dad.

I think Gabriel and Rosa are cute together. I think Shannon did it.

I am tired of Gillian...though if she goes then Jessie goes too and I LOVE him.

The Liza/Adam story is interesting though is a repeat of a former repeat.

I would like to see Liza and Ryan, and Brooke and Edmund together...would someone in New York PLEASE cut Edmund's eye brows??????

Hmmm...I guess that's it for now...LOL

Poohbear123
08-21-2001, 05:36 PM
HEY EVERYONE! I just found last years ABC Soaps in Depth Magazine from Dec 2000! It has the "Big" write up on last years Super Soap Nov. 11 and 12! (I was suppose to go, but due to an unfair boss, I could not go!:mad: ) Anyway, they showed Walt Willey as the host of the Super Soap game show and the "Street party." Also the concert with Ned(GH) and A Martinez(GH). And of course, Erica Erica Erica!! I can HARDLY Wait til Nov.1. Only 71 more days to GO!:D By the way, I USED to LOVE Ditsie(Dixie) but she is getting ON MY NERVES now! Especially when she was with David!! UUgghhh! To me, Erica and David made a GREAT pair!

dizneenut
08-21-2001, 05:42 PM
OK, I had a momentary lapse, there, Beanie. Thats what hunky guys do to me!!:D :D :D

I wish someone would cut Edmond's eyebrows, too. They drive me insane!!

I don't like the Erica/Chris story either.

I don't like Gabriel & Rosa together, and I also thought it could be Shannon.

I don't like this Liza/Ryan thing either. YUCK! EWW!! GROSS!

I am sick of Laura's whining and and trying to hang on to Leo. And I don't like that Brooke is doing it either.

Beanie
08-21-2001, 06:17 PM
I would LOVE to see Brooke and Edmund together!!! They were awesome together!! :)

I actually like Liza and Ryan together...hee hee...only because I know it bugs Sherry!!! LMAO!

Poohbear...that is funny that you mention finding magazines...Does anyone remember that ABC exclusive Magazine called The Soaps of ABC? It was only out for like a year and then they stopped making it...Well, today I was looking in my Hope Chest for something and I came across an oldie with Natalie (the original), Brooke and Ciera (sp?) on the cover of it!! I was reading it and my stepdaughter came up like a 1/2 hour later wondering if I had found the item I was looking for! LOL...I forgot I had that! Remember Ciera? I used to think she was such a woosy!! LOL...She was always crying!:rolleyes:

TJA
08-21-2001, 06:27 PM
I've really enjoyed reading this thread! Here are my thoughts:

I can't stand Laura...maybe it's just because of her drooling over Leo. I almost want to run to the toilet when they kiss.

I love Leo and Greenlee together. Come on guys! They're made for each other!

Rosa YUK Rosa YUK Rosa YUK. Why would they pick a very experienced 30-year-old WOMAN to play the role of an innocent 16-year-old??? Give me a break. FIND A NEW ROSA.

I like Gabriel and Bianca together. Nothing against gays, but I think there was a connection between those two when they kissed and I'd like to see it develop. If not, then I like Laura and Bianca together. Sorry--but I can't see the current Rosa with anyone other than an "older" character, such as Jake.

Debbie

Poohbear123
08-21-2001, 08:12 PM
Maybe Edmund needs to "brush" his eyebrows! They look like they were in a wind tunnel!:rolleyes: As far as Rosa is concerned, wasn't this character on before? Is she STILL in High School? I like the week ahead updates, keep them coming! Just PM me if no-one else wants to know about the following weeks shows! I can't watch AMC too often, as I get off work at 1:30!:rolleyes:

Mickey's sunshine
08-21-2001, 10:26 PM
Ok I will post the spoilers for each week as they come!

Keep this thread alive for me while I am offline....I am on vacation next week (not going anywhere) so I will be desperate to get a new modem!!!! I will keep checking in while at work, which is where I am now. :)

You all are cracking me up!!

Ok for the clipart we know we want it to say AMC and DIS in it right? We could use the book as a clipart, do they still show that in the beginning of the show? Or I wonder if BT could make a clipart that has a few of the cast members pics in it....like and animated one that flips through the pictures? Good/bad??? :)

Beanie
08-21-2001, 10:30 PM
Christine...I will miss ya while you are gone!! :(

As for the clippie...that sounds good as long as it is not too flashy...LOL...I like the book clippie idea too...The book is a real symbol of AMC... both ideas are great!!

Okay, repeating my question again...LOL...does anyone know the actual dates of SSW for next November??? :D :D :D

Mickey's sunshine
08-21-2001, 10:42 PM
No, I dont know!!

Would they know yet the dates for next year? Do they plan them that far in advance?

dizneenut
08-21-2001, 10:45 PM
Don't know the dates, Beanie!
I think the clippie idea w/ the book is a great idea!!

IASW Rider
08-21-2001, 11:01 PM
Sorry - I don't know the dates, either. I also like the idea of the clippie with the AMC book! And I studied Edmund's eyebrows and have determined that they are "bushy" to offset his receding hairline. Not that there's anything wrong with his hairline - or his eyebrows - he has a very nice face!

Why isn't Mama Santos banging down the door at Wildwind, trying to help Edmund and Anna find RRRRRRosa and Gabriel??? Or why isn't she at the police station bailing out Mateo????
How has Ryan completely forgotten about his mourning and become embroiled in the battle of the Colby sisters? And where is Ryan staying now, if not on the yacht?? I think that it would be nice if Gabriel and Bianca were together - or at least if they showed more of them as friends. I used to like the rapport between Bianca and Leo when they were buddies, but now he's chained to the condo with Laura. I liked the friendship that they were building between Gabriel and Bianca - I hope that they don't spend the rest of his time on the show focusing on his romance with RRRRosa!

Beanie
08-22-2001, 11:01 PM
I really think Gabriele and Bianca make a great couple together...They should pair them up!! I loved watching them today!! Liza makes me sick to look at her...I cannot stand her whining! But the good thing is it was a Ditsie free day!!! LOL!!

Poohbear123
08-23-2001, 06:39 AM
MAYBE I will be able to watch today's show!:rolleyes: I am off work today, and hopefully will not have to go anywhere! Christine have a nice restful vacation! They usually release the Dates in Feb/March of the following year, that is when I make my ressies!;)

Poohbear123
08-23-2001, 06:40 AM
Oh, and the list should be out SOON on WHO all is attending this Year! Will let you know!! I hope Kelly and Fam will be there, seeing she is on Regis now, I hope they let her go!:)

dizneenut
08-23-2001, 12:35 PM
giving this a bump!

IASW Rider
08-23-2001, 12:56 PM
Now that Liza knows that Mia is her sister, what more does Mia have to blackmail Marian with??? The whole thing is so stupid - I can't believe that Liza offered Mia that money to take the blood test. UGH. I'd like them to show more of Leo-Greenlee-Laura!

Poohbear123
08-24-2001, 08:17 PM
Went to ABCSoaps.com and found the LIST! So far, besides "Erica" these are the Actors/Actresses from AMC who are appearing at SSW: Rebecca Budig(Greenlee) Josh Duhamel (Leo) and Cameron Mathison(Ryan)! From One life to Live: Robert S. Woods, Hillary B Smith, Laurence Lau(Ex AMC alumni) and Catherine Hickland(Tads wife in real life)! Also Linda Dano will be the host of the Question&Answer session. General Hospital: Coltin Scott and Marisa Ramirez(?). Anyway, thats it for now!:D

IASW Rider
08-25-2001, 08:40 AM
That line-up sounds amazing! I wish that I could go! :( Anyone who's going will have to give us a full report - and post pictures, too! :)

Have a great weekend, Everyone! :)

Poohbear123
08-25-2001, 08:26 PM
Don't worry, I will Take PLENTY Of Pics when I am there!:D 68 More days to go!:eek:

Mickey's sunshine
08-26-2001, 04:18 PM
I hope Cameron Mathison is there next year when we all will be there! :)

I would like to see Kelly & Mark too.

Ladies, still having computer problems so dont think I have been avoiding this thread. Can I throw my PC out the window yet? ;)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!

Will post the spoilers later tonight when they are updated if they are updated before I leave work.

Beanie
08-26-2001, 10:46 PM
I haven't been avoiding this post either...my daughter has been really sick this weekend and I had to be with her!! She is doing much better now and I have a break, so I thought I would do some posting...

Poohbear...I am so jealous!! :) Make sure you get Ryan's phone number for Sherry so she can stop drooling all over the place!!!;) Take LOTS of pictures for the rest of us!!! LOL

Did you guys see the previews for next week? Adam says Liza is pregnant...I just loved Friday's episode when Hayley and Mateo were discussing baby names!! LOL...I love her, "I don't like the name Regis" speech...Too funny! :)

Christine...thanks so much for the AMC MLP thread!! Too hot for me!!!
:cool: :D

dizneenut
08-26-2001, 10:53 PM
Make sure you get Ryan's phone number for Sherry so she can stop drooling all over the place!!!;)

Oh yes! PRETTY PLEASE!!!! :D :D :D
And take LOTS of pics!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Beanie
08-26-2001, 10:56 PM
Ahhh Sherry...you might want to wipe off that drool on your chin! ;)

OMG...I could only imagine what would happen <b>IF</b> you ever did get his Phone number...Holy smokes, look out!!

:D

dizneenut
08-26-2001, 10:59 PM
*wiping off the drool*

:D :D :D

Oh, there would be big trouble if I ever got his number!!:D ;)

shep
08-26-2001, 11:02 PM
Somebody hose her down!!:bounce:

Beanie
08-26-2001, 11:03 PM
Hmmm...I was just looking at pics of Jackson and one was of the '98 SSW...Poohbear, if you are reading this...If Jackson is there this year, PLEASE get photos!!!! :)

I am so looking forward to next year...Don't worry Sherry, we will get ya there...afterall wouldn't it just bite if we all got to meet Ryan except you!!!!;) :D

Beanie
08-26-2001, 11:05 PM
LOL Shep! It would take more than just a little old hose to cool her down!!!!

shep
08-26-2001, 11:07 PM
LOL.....:bounce:

dizneenut
08-26-2001, 11:11 PM
Yup...it would take LOTS more than that!!

Oh Beanie...bite your tongue, girl.....that would totally bite if you all got to meet him and not me!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Darn...what am I doing DIS'ing....I need to go man that Lemonade Stand.....and start selling these pics!!!
:D :D :D

shep
08-26-2001, 11:13 PM
Somebody needs a cold shower here....:rolleyes:

Beanie
08-26-2001, 11:24 PM
Oh yeah, Sherry...you do need to do that...whatcha waiting for?? Is Cameron married in real life??? Just curious...;):D

Like I said, don't worry...we will get you there...how could we leave you out, Sherry...I mean afterall, Ryan would need protection from you with all of us there...oh wait, maybe that should be Ryan would need protection from US with YOU there??:rolleyes:

Shep...She sure does!!! LOL

shep
08-26-2001, 11:30 PM
You women and your soaps...LOL:bounce:

dizneenut
08-26-2001, 11:33 PM
Cold shower? ME? Naw...........:D

LOL...my poor lemonade stand......I need to get busy w/ it!! Maybe I can recruit shep to help me out with it!!:D :D

I don't know if he's married or not....I don't think so!

Oh, Ryan will need plenty of protection all right!!;)

Beanie
08-26-2001, 11:36 PM
Maybe I can recruit shep to help me out with it!!

How much do you think a pic of Shep goes for nowadays???;) ;) :D

shep
08-26-2001, 11:46 PM
Help out with what?

My picture is around..Is yours Beanie?

dizneenut
08-26-2001, 11:47 PM
ROFL.........OK, stop that....you almost made me fall off my chair!!:D :D :D :D

Hmmmm.....a pic of shep?? Lets say about $100!!! :D :D

shep
08-26-2001, 11:55 PM
Yea..but do you have a REAL picture..HEE HEE HEE...:bounce: