PDA

View Full Version : Swan or Dolphin

Anne745
09-12-2004, 08:09 PM
My DH and I are going to DW at the end of October. We have a 1 bedroom at BCV booked from Sat. to Sat. We've been thinking about staying our last Friday night at the Swan or Dolphin and hopefully take advantage of the later check-out since our plane doesn't leave till 8 PM. Hopefully we can get a good rate and save some week-end points for a future trip. Is one better than the other.? I have stayed at alot of other Disney resorts but not these. The heavenly bed caught my attention. My biggest concern is there always seems to be more European travelers staying there. Since I am extremely sensitive to smoke having Asthma I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on this? Thanks in advance.::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

jwfla422
09-12-2004, 10:00 PM
We stay at the S and D almost all of the time and never noticed any smoke anywhere in the resort nor have we noticed more European visitors for that matter at these resorts.

Both resorts are very nice. The Swan is more intimate and smaller than the Dolphin and the Dolphin is a little more lively than the Swan and quite large.

If you're planning to stay only one night I would probably lean toward the Swan since it's closer to the hotel you'll be checking out of, you can just walk if you don't have much luggage.

Both have the "heavenly" WONDERFUL beds and they're both great resorts...tough for us to go back to WDW resorts anymore after sleeping in those EVERY SO COMFY beds!:tongue:

sugermouse
09-12-2004, 10:48 PM
We've stayed at both. Both have the heavenly beds. I think it comes down to size. The swan is much smaller but we like a big hotel and would choose the Dolphin over the Swan. ::MickeyMo

swilphil
09-13-2004, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by jwfla422
We stay at the S and D almost all of the time and never noticed any smoke anywhere in the resort nor have we noticed more European visitors for that matter at these resorts.

I agree with jwfla. We haven't had any trouble with smoke or foreign visitors at the Swan or Dolphin. In July 2003, a new law went into affect that limited the areas where people could smoke in public buildings like hotels. Just make sure you ask for a non-smoking room/floor. The Swan may be better suited for you because it is smaller and easier to get around. The Dolphin has a much more impressive lobby. We love the Heavenly Beds.