PDA

View Full Version : No offense to anyone but I hate POFQ

lookinforthesun
09-12-2004, 08:39 PM
Ijust got back from Disney. We stayed in the Animal Kingdom Lodge first which was great and then we went on a cruise (and got married) we had planned on a 3 day post stay at Port Orleans French Quarter but due to the hurricane we got stuck at sea and it turned into only one night. All I can say is I am glad it turned out that way. We had a corner room which is suppossed to be a little better than the rest but our bedding had black stains on it. It was really gross specially after being so spoiled on the cruise. I am not trying to offend anyone but just needed to vent.

cjsmom5
09-12-2004, 08:49 PM
That does happen. We have stayed there at least once a year since it opened and never had that situation. Each resort is different though and I think a lot of it depends on what you are looking for -- but thre is no excuse for what happened to you. Someone in housekeeping was not on top of things. We always request that all bedding and pillows be changed before check in as my son has a medical condition and "smells" etc. can set it off. In doing so, we haven't had such a thing happen.

In the case of going from the cruise to POFQ, I'm sure it would have been drastically different. Since POFQ is only a moderate the accomodations as well as the quality would be quite different from the cruise.

Also, going from AKL to POFQ would be a disappointment I would think. Each year we do PO (Riverside when FQ wasn't open) for three days and then go to AKL for 8 days. That works out great for us. Gives us some variety, etc. But there is a difference in the quality of the rooms and the quality of towels, etc. Since we know to expect it, it doesn't bother us.

Having been in the hospitality industry for a number of years I know that you should call immediately and demand that they change it and make it right -- nicely of course. Since the resort was supposedly just refurbished that should not have happened -- but someone was very remiss in not noticing. Sorry to hear about that. Hope it didn't ruin your trip. Getting married on the cruise sounds like lots of fun! I hope your honeymoon was great on the cruise and can understand why you were disappointed in your POFQ stay --.

Tinkerbelle739
09-12-2004, 08:51 PM
Congratulations!!!

lookinforthesun
09-12-2004, 10:10 PM
thanks. I have posted some pics of the wedding under Disney Cruise Line if you want to see them.
Lisa

cjsmom5
09-12-2004, 10:31 PM
Thanks -- I'm going to hop over and take a look. Many congrats to you!

safetymom
09-13-2004, 08:36 AM
Did you contact the front desk when you noticed the problem? Did they do anything for you?

Dalpal
09-13-2004, 09:40 AM
When we stayed there last June I noticed a blood stain on our bedspread. I called and they brought me another one.
I have to say this really disappointed me because , they had gotten brand new bedspreads so recently.
The cm from mousekeeping didnt even want to touch it until I told her I folded in into the inside of the spread.
Needless to say we didnt use the spreads during our stay.
Every day we got back to the room Id pull the spreads off the beds and threw them into the corner.
The only two things I didnt like about this resort was mousekeeping and I think there foodcourt could have offered more variety. With the POR right next door the foodcourt problem is taken care of , but there was not much we could have done about the poor mousekeeper we got. Not just the bedspread, I found cereal on the floor and two needles on the floor next to the bedside table as I was checking for missed items on our last morning. (we hadnt eaten any cereal)
Other then those things......Its a great resort.
Betsy

LindaR
09-13-2004, 11:20 AM
Sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay. Whenever ANYthing is wrong, you need to contact the front desk immediately and have it taken care of.

The beauty in this is that Disney offers so many resorts to choose from. Only you know what you like and don't.

I felt the same way about AKL (which got me alot of "heat" from people). We hated that resort and will not stay there again. Too many others to choose from/try out.

Congrats on your marriage!:hyper:

ILoveWDW2003
09-13-2004, 11:29 AM
We had a corner room which is suppossed to be a little better than the rest but our bedding had black stains on it. It was really gross specially after being so spoiled on the cruise. Why is a corner room supposed to be better than the rest?

I can understand you being upset about the black stains, but what did you think about the rest of the resort?

Naisy68
09-13-2004, 12:01 PM
Congratulation on your wedding!

I'm sorry you didn't like POFQ. We stayed there in July and absolutely LOVED it. If we had any problems they were taken care of immediately. Our room was great though. We had a problem with the baggage department on our first day but they were swamped at the time and got to us as soon as possible. They even called to say they'd be a little late and not to give up on them. I thought that was great professional courtesy.

4greatboys
09-13-2004, 12:34 PM
Congrats on your wedding!! Sorry you had problems at POFQ. We had a small problem at AKL on visit. Our room hadnt been cleaned when we checked in. Well we called for them to come clean it and we were going to be out til 12 or 1 am at the Adventurers Club so it wasnt really that big a of deal....Until we got back at that late time and they still hadnt cleaned the room. Of course we were unhappy because we were ready for bed after a long day. The rest of our stay the room was clean every day and I would give AKL another shot.

liznboys
09-13-2004, 01:39 PM
So was there anything else you felt was bad at POFQ or was it just the black stains on the bedspread??

lookinforthesun
09-13-2004, 02:23 PM
It was black stains on the bed. I guess on Disneys behalf I could chalk it all up to the fury of the hurricane but nontheless I wasnt impressed with the stains. Like I mentioned before though I was really spoiled coming off Disney Cruise Line. When we had come back that evening I missed the bed being turned down and the towel animals. Now ijust wish I could go back I dont care where I would be staying. I have the vacation is over blues. : (

Mom of Sleepy, Bashful and BabyDoc
09-13-2004, 02:52 PM
:sunny:

But, you see, that could happen at ANY of the WDW resorts. And we LOVE the WL, but we didn't get any towel animals there (no big deal). Guess what? We got them everyday at POR. So you never know.

Now WL DID have turn down service, as do any of the deluxe resorts. Maybe try those next time.

Congratulations again!:D

mamalle
09-13-2004, 03:10 PM
congrats on your wedding. Im sorry that you had a bad stay there. I too had a horrible experience in July. I complained to the mgr the first night when our keys didnt work and it just went downhill from there. I did email my complaints and received a call back with alot of lip service. Needless to say- I will not stay there again. we just spent 4 days after hurricane frances at the CSR and it was wonderful experience.

Planogirl
09-13-2004, 03:35 PM
We had problems with keys at CSR so it shows that you just never know. I've never stayed at POFQ but I've stayed at its sister resort and I really like it. True service is less than what you receive at a deluxe but I expect that.

Congratulations on your marriage by the way. :)

TDC Nala
09-13-2004, 04:25 PM
Corner rooms have two windows. Other rooms have only one window.

Besides that, I don't think they're any different.

AspiringCindy
09-13-2004, 04:47 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lookinforthesun
No Offense to anyone but I hate POFQ!

ME TOO!!!!