PDA

View Full Version : Postpone or Go?


DJT
09-12-2004, 02:20 PM
I just read on Mousesavers.com that Mary said if anyone is planning to travel to Orlando in the next seven days, they should postpone the trip. We are planning to fly to Orlando Friday evening, the 17th, for eight days. DH says to postpone but I just don't know what to do. I keep thinking we'll just go anyway but I don't know if that's the right thing to do. What's everyone else doing?

NotTooGoofy
09-12-2004, 02:30 PM
I'd just keep an eye on the weather and wait as long as you can before making changes. Currently, it looks as if Orlando will be spared the worst and by Friday, Ivan should be disintegrating over Kentucky/Tennessee. I'm traveling to Orlando on business Sat morning and am hoping everything turns out well.

chyam
09-12-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by NotTooGoofy
I'd just keep an eye on the weather and wait as long as you can before making changes. Currently, it looks as if Orlando will be spared the worst and by Friday, Ivan should be disintegrating over Kentucky/Tennessee. I'm traveling to Orlando on business Sat morning and am hoping everything turns out well.
Yes it seems to be drifting farther and farther west everyday, I think we will know more when it either hits or misses Cuba which I think will be tomorrow, that should still give you enough time to make a decision, but after that there doesn't seem to be anymore right behind Ivan.....so you should have a great vacation.

CamColt
09-12-2004, 06:56 PM
Looking at the projected track of Ivan I would continue to plan to go if at all possible.

harlock_jds
09-12-2004, 07:40 PM
Mousesavers was pushing the panic button way too early. It's too soon right now to tell where this thing is going (and at what strength) and it sure as heck was too soon to tell when she decided to sound the alarm and tell people not to go. Watch the storm and see where it goes, Don't cancel right away and don't listen to amateur weather forcasters.

The best place to go is to go is www.noaa.com, they constantly update the forecast and absolutely do not overly hype it (they also have a cool chart to see what the wind speed is likely to be over the next 24 hours BTW Ivan is likely to weaken to a cat 3 by Wednesday when it might make landfall in the states)