PDA

View Full Version : Checking in really early...

kimwim8
09-12-2004, 02:38 PM
We will be arriving at MCO around 9:15am on 10/10. We have hired a towncar company (a mini-bus, actually). So we know that our driver will be at baggage claim waiting for us. So we should get out of the airport relatively quickly (compared to waiting for Mears). We will be using the fax-ahead option at Albertsons, so our groceries should be ready for us as well.

My concern is... If we arrive at OKW around 11am...what do we do with our cold food, if we can't check into our room? Has anyone gotten to their resort this early and been able to get into their room?

We'd like to check-in and get into MK as early as possible!

Thanks for your help!:wave:

katienyc
09-12-2004, 02:46 PM
I'd also like to know. We should be arriving to our resort around 11am/noon.

thanks,
Katie

B3LM
09-12-2004, 03:02 PM
You may want to pick up a styrofoam cooler to put the cold food in. (Or take a collapsable cooler with you.)

Deb & Bill
09-12-2004, 03:02 PM
Go ahead and check in. Tell them you have food that requires refrigeration. If your room is not yet available, they will hold your food in cold storage until you get into your room.

We have checked in as early as 7:30 and gotten our room. We have also checked in as early as 7:30 and didn't get our room until 4PM.

kimwim8
09-12-2004, 03:15 PM
they will hold your food in cold storage until you get into your room.

What is cold storage? Do we still need a collapsible cooler?

Thanks for responding!

Deb & Bill
09-12-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by kimwim8
What is cold storage? Do we still need a collapsible cooler?

Thanks for responding!

A big refrigerator.

N&B'smom
09-12-2004, 08:18 PM
Just wondering if you're flying Spirit....I'm from southern NJ as well and that's who we're using. I noticed our arrival time is the same so I'm assuming it's the same airline!! :D

Shelby::MinnieMo

dischick4778
09-12-2004, 09:23 PM
I have been to OKW twice in Nov., have arrived early both times, and was able to get a room right away. I think it depends on the time of year. You should probably be fine. Have fun!

kda
09-12-2004, 10:00 PM
When you arrive at the main entrance to the Hospitality House, there is a booth where CMs handle the luggage. We checked in our cold items there and they kept them in a refrig. We picked them up later when we could get into the room.

Two trips we didn't get in early (quieter seasons, but on Friday, which is a busy day for check-outs/check-ins), but this April we were stunned to get our choice of rooms at 7:30 AM the Sunday after Easter.

Hope you have a great trip! We love OKW.

kimwim8
09-13-2004, 10:14 AM
Just wondering if you're flying Spirit....I'm from southern NJ as well and that's who we're using. I noticed our arrival time is the same so I'm assuming it's the same airline!!

Yes we are flying Spirit out of AC! Are you going the same day??

N&B'smom
09-13-2004, 10:49 AM
No :( , we're going next Wednesday. That would have been cool if we were going the same time!!! :p Are you getting excited?!?!?! This is the first time my children are going, my son is 5 and my dd is 13 months! Should be fun!!!

Shelby::MinnieMo