PDA

View Full Version : CR or BC xmas time???

Chrissyb8885
09-12-2004, 10:18 AM
I was hoping for GF or WL but they are all booked up for the time we want to go in december. So it looks like my choices are down to the contemporary or beach club. Which one is better at Christmas time? It's a toss up for me because my family will be staying at CR so it would be nice to be near them...but i have never stayed at the BC and when we went in may we chose CR! hmmmm decisions decisions! I know i'll be happy either way just looking to see who has stayed there during christmas!

PS- it will just be my bf and i staying so no kiddies to worry about(as far as being on the monorail and such)

Thanks,
Chrissy:wave:

TLinden16
09-12-2004, 10:22 AM
I personally think the Christmas decorations at the BC are a lot better than the decorations at the CR. But if my family was staying at the CR, I would probably just stay there because it is a lot easier to be at the same place.

Karen

simonmunro
09-12-2004, 10:50 AM
I'd go with BC!!! You and your BF can go to Boardwalk at night and stroll into Epcot each time you go through the International Gateway.

TDC Nala
09-12-2004, 11:14 AM
If you are interested in spending a lot of time in the Magic Kingdom, take the CR.

If not, the BC would be a good change of pace, especially if you have an Epcot-heavy agenda.

GoofySuse
09-12-2004, 12:36 PM
The Beach Club is beautiful at Christmas, and any other time of the year as well....then there is Stormalong Bay...

The resort is clean, crisp, bright and cheerful. It's my favorite....although we're staying at the WL concierge in November...

disneydebk
09-12-2004, 12:38 PM
Definitely the BC for the decorations....

Chrissyb8885
09-12-2004, 02:43 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies!!! I have to say i was sort of leaning toward BC anyways but u guys have helped me make it final! :Pinkbounc The family i was refering to is my sister and her 3 (young) girls...the ONLY thing they are interested in is the MK, so i dont think we'd be spending that much time together anyways except to meet for dinner or something. Does anyone swim in december? How many hot tubs are there at stormalong bay? We've been in december once before and i remember it being a little chilly for me to swim:eek:

Thanks again,
Chrissy:wave2:

B3LM
09-12-2004, 02:58 PM
Without kids - definitely BC at Christmas! The decorations are much better and being able to walk to/from EPCOT in the evening is awesome!

TWOOD
09-12-2004, 06:08 PM
There's a nice size somewhat secluded hot tub @ SAB. The weather varies in Dec. - we've been when we could swim daily & other times when it was too chilly. Definitely bring your bathing suit! After having vacationed with my sister & her girls, I vote for the BC:eek: - It'll be nice to leave them & have some privacy with your man!;)