PDA

View Full Version : Studio recommened?????

Rambler5678
09-11-2004, 11:41 PM
Hi would like to hear recommendations about which studio you liked at the Disney time share resorts.

pplasky
09-12-2004, 07:38 AM
You might get more responses if you post on the DVC board.

Scoootch
09-12-2004, 07:53 AM
Personnaly, I like OKW because they have the 2 queen beds - all the other studio's at the DVC's have a queen bed and a pull-out sofa bed. Beyond that, it's just like choosing any other resort. Which theming do you like best?!;)

HTH's:wave:

Simba's Mom
09-12-2004, 09:16 AM
It depends on how many people are going. The two beds do make a difference, and OKW is the only resort that has them. However, I go solo to a studio, and don't like OKW for that reason-OKW is the only one that doesn't have a couch in the studios and I love to sit on the couch in the morning, put my feet up on the coffee table, and watch the WDW channel for about 20 times. Last time I was at BWV, they didn't have coffee tables in their studios, so that's a black mark against them for me! My fave is BCV-one time from the balcony I could hear the backround music in WS, loved that!

Kim&Chris
09-12-2004, 12:50 PM
We've only stayed in studios at OKW and loved it each time. We rent points from sellers on the vacation club board, and have gotten incredible deals each time. In fact, when you average it out, you pay LESS for a studio (with 1 or 2 queen beds, a large bathroom, and a kitchenette, and a private balcony or porch) than you pay for a moderate with two double beds and a small bathroom.

The only down side to renting the points is that you don't get daily mousekeeping.

Deb & Bill
09-12-2004, 02:09 PM
The OKW studios have a much larger bathroom than the other DVC studios. The OKW bathroom contains all the bathroom elements - tub, shower, toilet, sink. The others have the tub/shower and toilet in a separate room with the sink outside that room. Only OKW has two queen sized beds in the room. All the others have one queensized bed and one double sleeper sofa. They all have a balcony, except for one or two over at VWL where there is no balcony.

All the studios have access to a washer and dryer. The SSR and OKW W/D are near the pools. The BCV/VWL/BWV W/D are located in the building since there is only one building.

You can park outside your room at OKW and SSR. You'll need to park in the parking lot near the resort at BWV/VWL/BCV.

There is a TV, but no VCR/DVD in the studios.

pstepka
09-13-2004, 02:23 PM
We loved BCV, and also rented points from a DVC'er. We liked having the pull-out because when we're not sleeping, I prefer to have a couch in the room, rather than two beds. Also, if you rent points, you get free valet parking, which was very nice.

Also, we LOVED Stormalong Bay and Cape May!! We can't wait to go back!!

maryliz
09-13-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by pstepka
Also, if you rent points, you get free valet parking, which was very nice.

:confused: I'd never heard that before. We have rented points to stay at VWL in January. So all it would cost us to valet park is the tip ???

Mary-Liz

TDC Nala
09-13-2004, 03:14 PM
while OKW does have larger studio bathrooms than the other DVC resorts, they are not split bathrooms - the sink and mirror are in the same room with the shower and toilet. There's a full length mirror on the bathroom door that faces out, but no sink unless you count the kitchenette sink.

Some persons have a preference for split bathrooms.

DVC members get free valet parking, but only at DVC resorts (other than OKW, which doesn't have valet parking - I doubt SSR has it either).

Personally, I really like not having daily housekeeping. I prefer not having anyone besides me enter the room. Although, at OKW someone did enter the room to leave bulletins about Hurricane Frances. I wish they had just stuck them under the door.

Deb & Bill
09-13-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by pstepka
...Also, if you rent points, you get free valet parking, which was very nice....!

Actually, this is a DVC perk and not necessarily a perk for the renter. They often ask to see the Blue DVC card for free valet parking. So if you get it, that's great. If you don't, well, you weren't really entitled to it anyway.

All DVC perks are only for the member and their guests, not for persons who pay to use the member's points.

pstepka
09-15-2004, 03:23 PM
When I checked in, I was treated exactly like a member. So was my friend who also rented DVC points and stayed at a different resort at a different time.

What if a member lets their family member stay (no renting of points) and the reservation is in the family member's name, not the DVC'er. Are they 'entitlted' to the benefits?

Deb & Bill
09-15-2004, 10:24 PM
Our documents indicate that someone who is a non-paying guest of the member may be entitled to some of the discounts. They can't get a cash discount for a room. They might not get the valet parking discount if they request the blue member card.

The documents also state that if a member is compensated for the use of the points, the user of the points is not entitled to the member perks.

But you still might get them. It just depends.