PDA

View Full Version : I just got CR for October 8 AP rate, is this a good $?

cindy21494
09-11-2004, 08:39 PM
Hi, I was finally able to book a room at the CR for one night on October 8th. Since the discounts came out, I wasn't able to get anything there (discounted or not). I got the AP rate of $284.00 (including taxes) for a tower room. Is this a good price?

We have never stayed here before, but really wanted to try it out for this one night before our cruise. We are also doing MNSSHP that night, so I thought it would be nice to be right next to the MK.

I just wanted to let everyone know that rooms seem to be opening up and I was still able to get the AP rate. The CM I spoke to seemed shocked that I could get the AP rate.

I'm just so excited that I got the resort we really wanted. I even got a PS for Chef Mickey's the next morning before we leave for our cruise.:hyper:

Sorry this is so long, I'm doing my happy dance right now.:jumping1:

Cindy

dreamflight99
09-11-2004, 08:51 PM
Cindy, sure sounds GREAT to me!!~::yes:: And so does the CM PS breakfast before leaving on the cruise!! You will LOVE the CR Tower rooms...and enjoy the close proximity to the MK. Walking back to the CR after a night of MNSSHP will be absolutely PRICELESS!! ;) Have a wonderful time, and enjoy the CRUISE too!! :cloud9:

TTFN...DF99 :wave2:

PartyofSix
09-12-2004, 08:44 AM
I don't know if that's a deal or not. We just changed from asmo to WL for the same night oct 8th and i got a court yard view room for 150 a night! You may want to consider that if $$ is an object you could take the boat to the MK which i hear is a lovely 3-5 ride!

cigar95
09-12-2004, 09:04 AM
Your rate is the "usual" passholder rate for CR Tower rooms - right around $250 before taxes.

For some reason, the CR Tower rooms pretty much always see a lower percentage discount than the other deluxes. For instance, the Grand FLoriddian Garden View roms have about the same rack rate as the CR Tower, but the passholder rate has usually been around $200 - $220. (This recent phenomenon of taking a fixed dollar amount off for passholder discount rates is the exception to this.)

cindy21494
09-12-2004, 12:49 PM
PartyofSix, I cancelled our ressie for WL courtyard view (discounted rate) to get the CR. We really wanted to try the CR. I'm not sure if we are going to like it or not, so we decided to try it when we would be there for just one night. I am actually saving the WL for when we go around Christmas time (hopefully next year).

At this point I was willing to pay rack rate for CR, but get just a standard room. The fact that I got a tower room for a decent rate is a bonus.

One of the reasons we wanted the CR was to be able to walk back to the resort if the lines for the monorail were too long. I also have been dying to try Chef Mickey's, but wouldn't have the time if we stayed somewhere else.

What I find strange is that there where no rooms available at the CR at all, then all of a sudden almost every room catagory opened up. Does Disney hold back a certain amount of rooms and then open them up to reservations?:confused:

Cindy

kirkharrod
09-12-2004, 03:43 PM
We'll be there too! See ya there! We'll be the ones with the big smiles!

kda
09-12-2004, 09:09 PM
It really IS a treat to be able to walk back to the CR if the lines are long. The only time we stayed there was a Dec trip, and it was so great to walk to MK (especially the night of MVMCP). Hope you have a great trip!