PDA

View Full Version : sister is there now

minniegidget
09-11-2004, 11:02 AM
My sister bil and DM left Tampa and driving to Orlando now. tonight they are staying in the LaQunita. Before they checked in to the hotel they drove to WDW.They said it was very strange not one other car on the road to WDW. They could not find SSR so they said they would go check into the La Qunita and then drive back to see if they could find SSR. It looks like I will be able to fly on Sunday.

KerryCM
09-11-2004, 02:23 PM
My daughter and son-in-law also drove down from NC yesterday. They are staying at Shades of Green. They weren't sure about going, but they have saved for a year during his deployment overseas and it will be the first time they are together for their anniversary! I told them go for it and just enjoy themselves. They are there for 10 days. She called and they were at the MK this morning, no crowds and a walk on to all the rides. They are now at Epcot and they say there is noone there. I am glad they went and will enjoy themselves. Josh figures after evrything he went through overseas, a hurricane will be easy! Let's hope it stays west and the Floridians are spared their 3rd storm.

cvet1
09-11-2004, 07:15 PM
i'm sure that Ivan has a lot of people cancelling, but we were there last year the second week of september and there was NOONE there anyway. I can only imagine with this being a dead time of year and many cancelling on top of that - the parks have to be amazingly empty.