PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean beach or Coronado Springs??

liltoot
09-10-2004, 08:49 PM
Need help deciding. Please let me know what you think and why. Thanks

F1Julie
09-10-2004, 09:00 PM
I'd say CSR all the way. I stayed there in May and had a wonderful trip. The pool is fabulous, the grounds are beautiful, the rooms are nice, and the transportation is very efficient. I've never stayed at CBR and don't care to. It just doesn't appeal to me based on the photos I've seen. But's thats just me. Others love it.

Deb & Bill
09-10-2004, 09:05 PM
We've stayed at CS once and really enjoyed it. The Dig Site is lots of fun and so are the quiet pools. It has some great walking paths if you are into walking/running/jogging. Plus, it really is very easy to walk over to the main building. The Maya Grill has the best breakfast buffet. Didn't care very much for their dinner, but loved their breakfast.

Maryjane1
09-10-2004, 09:08 PM
Do not like CBR it is too big. Love CSR we were there in June and had a great time and we are going in October again. The bus service is great and the pool is so nice. Hope this helps you Have a great trip.

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

HopperFan
09-10-2004, 09:35 PM
CSR hands down ! ::yes::

Has great pool area, fun playground, food by pool, large hot tub, good transportation, creative theming, nice food court, relaxed feeling, never aware of convention (due to great layout), great amenities, good quiet pools.........it would be what I would call a "deluxe" moderate.

AladdinsPrincess
09-10-2004, 09:54 PM
I really like the Caribbean better. I stayed at Coronado twice and both times I could hear the people in the rooms around us like they were in MY room. The walls must be paper thin! I was also turned off by the restaurant there where it was mostly like a cafeteria (stand in line and order your own food) but then since a waiter brings you a drink, they add on a gratuity. No thanks. It was a very pretty resort, but so is the Caribbean and the quality there is 10 times better! I also like that the Caribbean is centrally located to MGM, Epcot (you can see the fireworks at night), and DTD.

Kimickey
09-11-2004, 07:58 AM
I'm totally biased. THE CORONADO SPRINGS!!!! I may get flamed for this but I don't care. The Caribbean Beach sucks. We decided to stay there this year and boy oh boy were we in for a treat. I'm not going to go into details because I need to post it on the trip boards. Our travel agent warned us about the CBR, from her personal experience and experience from her other clients. To put it in a nut shell, the CBR's customer service is not the best. The resort is too big althought it is beautiful. The bus service was plenty but to our family everything just seemed out of reach because of it's size. We did switch in the middle of our vacation to the CSR (where we usually stay) and that was only due to the way we were treated at the CBR, other than that we would have stayed and just not have booked another vacation at the CBR.

On the other hand we love the CSR.
- It;s beauty
- The pool
- The food
- The CM are awesome

I could go on and on but my sig tells it all and that's why we return.

DonaldTheDuck
09-11-2004, 09:38 AM
Stayed at both and would do CSR again not CBR! Its too!::MickeyMo

kathy carleton
09-11-2004, 11:45 AM
Another vote for CSR!! Hoperfan said it all! Never, ever try CBR again. CSR is the best kept wdw secret!! we like the cabanas 8a.

Mercy
09-11-2004, 11:51 AM
Another vote for CSR, we loved it there! We were in Cabana 9B, great location! We were on the 1st floor and we NEVER heard our neighbors in adjoining rooms. The only moderate for me is CSR!!

Buzz2001
09-11-2004, 02:28 PM
CSR! Check out my website below for links, pics and info

Nolcrest
09-11-2004, 02:48 PM
I've never stayed at CSR - but will in July 05. I've been to CBR and all I can say is that so far it is my least favorite resort. I can't pin point why - overall I just didn't care for it. Good luck choosing. There's something out there for each of us. :D

DisneyJen0504
09-11-2004, 05:39 PM
I would say CSR and I have stayed at both. CBR is nice-but not quite themed as well as CSR. The food court in CBR is below average and the main pool is too small for the size of the resort. Checkin is also separate from the main area so if you need to get there for any reason-your beat. :eek: Our experience with the buses was awful. There are not enough for the amount of CBR guests and we always ended up waiting forever for a bus and then standing!
CSR is great! Wonderful theming that makes for nice walks early in the morning or after dinner. (We always feed the ducks while strolling to the bus stop. We prefer the Ranchos and Casitas sections. CSR has the best food court and great pools and recreation. Also, both trips to CSR the buses were awesome! Never waited more than 5 minutes, never had to stand and never had to watch a crowded bus leave MK while we stand in the CSR line! :Pinkbounc
Hope this helps! Best of luck deciding!

raysnkaysmom
09-11-2004, 09:31 PM
Yikes!! Ya'll are scaring me cuz I realllllly wanna stay at CBR! I stayed at CSR last yr, and of course I thought it was great too...very beautiful, but what is it that is so awful about CBR? I've heard alot who love it too! Guess it's each persons own likes.. but mean CMs????
I'll prolly never be able to afford a deluxe, but I plan to try all the moderates over the next few yrs :) But..yanno, I liked CSR just as much as ASMu.... go figure

*Fantasia*
09-11-2004, 09:37 PM
We enjoyed our stay at CSR. The place is beautiful. We stayed at CBR twice, and they failed us twice. I don't think I will be going back to CBR. I have another trip coming up this Dec and we are staying at CSR again.

dischick4778
09-11-2004, 10:53 PM
I've stayed at both resorts and really enjoyed CBR more than CSR. I guess this is a matter of personal taste, but I found the theaming to be more my style. It had a layed back beach feeling, quite tropical. The walk to the restaurants and buses wasn't long at all and along the way we listened to the themed music which we enjoyed a lot. To me CSR was nice, but b/c it is a convention center it was always crowded with "business" people. Maybe it was the time of year I went, but it didn't seem like as much of a vacation to be reminded of work every time I entered the main house.

F1Julie
09-12-2004, 06:11 AM
I find the convention center to be a perk. I didn't really come across any business people, but if I did, it would be a great reminder that I'm on vacation and they are not. Conventioners typically don't ride the buses or use the pools, making those things less crowded for vacationers.

Crazy Kanga
09-12-2004, 10:55 AM
We have nerver been to CBR so I can not compare, but we really loved CSR. It was beautiful and the bus service was great. Convention people did not affect us at all. I agree that it can be a perk because many of the conventioners don't go to the parks, leaving more room on the buses.
Some friends of ours love CBR and rarley stay anywhere else, so I am sure it is nice too. My suggestion is to pick the one that most appeals to your taste.
Have fun!

mommytutu
09-12-2004, 11:20 AM
CBR and CSR were the two resorts we had narrowed down to as well. We ultimately chose CSR. BTW, I've never been to Disney, so pickig a resort was a daunting task. Anyways, I like that the food courts has a variety of foods. We can rarely agree on what to eat and from what I've read, this will suit our needs for variety. Also, looking at pictures, dh and ds think the pool area is so cool. The reviews of the transportation have all been positive. And lastly, the fact that it is a convention resort appeals to us. DH is a student and needs to "stay connected" and HiFi or wireless is his "only" option...he REFUSES to use dial up service...and we want to email pics to our family with the caption "Wish You Were Here!"

cindyfan
09-12-2004, 02:19 PM
For us...we like both.
CSR is my favorite. CBR is DH favorite. DD loves them both.

We use the quiet pools more than the main ones...so that doesn't bother us. But at CBR, it is much more convenient that the pool and main house with food court are right next to each other.
At CSR it is a long haul from them main building to the main pool

At CBR you have the beach....big plus for us. DD and DH love to play beach volleyball and they have the hammocks to lay and relax. Plus you can see the Illuminations fireworks from the beach at CBR.

I like the theming better at CSR...love the southwest. :cool:

The rooms are almost exactly alike....CBR are a bit larger, but you really don't notice that.

NOTE: The food court at CBR was just remodeled about a year and half ago. From what I've heard...it looks great.

The only time we had problems with the guest service at CBR is when we "requested" any building "except" for Trinidad South....too much of a walk for my DD. But we didn't care what other building. Then when we arrived, the guy tried to tell us that Trinidad South was the only thing available.
I asked they call another resort or give me the phone so I could call. Then Finally the manager came out and found us a room in Martinique.
But that was the only bad experience there.

Still a coin toss for us.!:p