PDA

View Full Version : Which moderate...

Maachah
09-10-2004, 04:38 PM
would you choose if you were me? We are a family of 4 with 2 DS age 15 and 12. We are staying in early Jan. in two connecting rooms for four or five nights.
The things important to us are: quality and proximity of food court (responsible boys that love their freedom to roam and their refillable mugs),quality and proximity of transportation, cleanliness and care of rooms. We are budget minded and the pool is not important. We will probably be visiting MK, Epcot and downtown disney.
Would love to hear your suggestions.
Thanks

sjw4870
09-10-2004, 05:58 PM
My vote is for CSR. (Though I am a fan of POR too!)

Moderates are pretty spread out (POFQ probably being the most compact) - so proximity to the food court depends on what building you are in. I believe you can now pay extra for a preferred room which is closer to the main building.

IMO CSR had the best food court of the moderates. I also thought the bus transportation was pretty efficient - 4 stops at the resort.

CSR is situated around a lake - it looks especially nice at night. I know you said the pool isn't important, but there is a nice big pool, then 3 smaller "quiet pools" in each area.

None of the moderates are particularly close to the parks (meaning walking distance) so I don't think one has any particular advantage over another in terms of proximity.

sters
09-10-2004, 06:02 PM
This might be a silly question, but if you are a budget-minnded family of 4.. with connecting rooms no less, and the pool and pool slide is unimportant, why not the All Stars? Or Pop Century? It's a big jump in price between the budget and moderates, especially with 2 rooms, that could be spent on dining and entertainment in and around the parks.

The only moderate I stayed at was POR, which had a nice deluxe feel to it without,of course, the great location of the deluxes or the pricetag. There's a lounge a restaurant, boat transportation to Downtown disney, boat and bike rentals. Bus transportation was spotty.

Kimickey
09-10-2004, 06:12 PM
I would suggest Coronado Springs

The Food Court (The Pepper Market) is awesome, it will give your boys a wide variety of food to pick from all in one setting. From American, to Itailan, Mexican, Chinese (someone let me know if I've left something out)

The Pool (the Dig Site) w/ the Mayan Pyramid is also awesom. The water slide is the longest and the best of all the moderates. The swimming pool is large in itself. Your boys will be able to refill there mugs right there at "Siesta" the pool side bar and grill.

The resort also has an arcade that my DH and DD love to spend time in. Being that you boys are at the video age that may be entertaining for them as well.

The lake (Lago Dorado) in which the resorts surrounds has many water sport activities that your boys can endulge into as well.

The transportation to the parks is plenty and runs very well. Knocking on wood we have never had to wait very long for a bus.

As for which building to stay in I would suggest Cabanas 9B or Casitas 1 or 3.

Check out this web site.

HTH

KimEpcotFans Web Site (http://www.wdwmemories.com/csr/)

HopperFan
09-10-2004, 07:03 PM
Have a DS who is 15 and he said absolutely CSR.

Loves it there and wants to return there. He also traveled the bus system on his own from there. Loved the food court and everything about it, Kimickey is absolutely right !

Maachah
09-11-2004, 01:25 AM
Sters...
We stayed at Pop last year. It was wonderful! My DH wants to try new places every time and he wasn't interested in the other value resorts.

Thanks for the all the opinions

Anymore?

Maachah
09-11-2004, 01:37 AM
Sters...
We stayed at Pop last year. It was wonderful! My DH wants to try new places every time and he wasn't interested in the other value resorts.

Thanks for the all the opinions

Anymore?

Mom of Sleepy, Bashful and BabyDoc
09-11-2004, 02:18 PM
I think I would try CSR. Or maybe PO-FQ because of the boat to DD. And at PO-FQ everything is centrally located (more or less) and it wouldn't be far to fill up those mugs.

This is a hard one because you are getting two rooms. If it were just one room, I would suggest POR because of the extra pull out bed. But since you don't have to worry about that, just go with what theme you like.

Have a great time.:wave:

Gomez Gang
09-11-2004, 02:38 PM
I would choose Coronado because it is a modrerate that FEELS like a deluxe! The scenery is beautiful and the food court is outstanding! The prices seemed a shade higher here than the other moderates but the quality and selection was better in the Pepper Market.

Buzz2001
09-11-2004, 03:27 PM
CSR! Check out my CSR website below for pics, links and info

DisneyJen0504
09-11-2004, 06:31 PM
Coronado Springs would be my suggestion. The food court is the best of all the resorts and there are a lot of options! Certain sections of the Cabanas and Casitas are just a short walk to the Pepper Market, shopping and main buildings. We stayed in Casitas 4 in May and it was a short walk to El Centro and we had a very clean comfortable room with a view of the lake! Good luck! :)

dischick4778
09-12-2004, 12:03 AM
I would suggest POFQ based on your criteria. Mostly because it is easy to navigate around and your DS will be able to roam without having far to go/getting lost. They have nice additional features like a game room and boat rides. The food area is very nice as well.

Simba's Mom
09-12-2004, 10:19 AM
I second the vote for POFQ. As for cleanliness, they just came out of a major renovation of the rooms, and from what I hear, everything is new and spotless.

Mortlives
09-12-2004, 11:38 AM
Based on your criteria, I would also go with POFQ. It's the smallest, and everything is convenient for your boys. It has a lovely theme, and the boat to DTD can't be beat. Also, you'll probably find at least one of your party who becomes addicted to beignets.

Kungaloosh!
Morticia.

mickey0216
09-12-2004, 12:48 PM
Not CBR! We disliked it so much in our visit in 2002, that we are staying at ASMu in November.

tygerlilli
09-12-2004, 02:06 PM
in 2001, my husband and i stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and had a wonderful time. very easy to get to the parks, nice grounds, nice pool. food court and good store. life there was good! :earsgirl: