PDA

View Full Version : Getting nervous

thatdarncat
09-09-2004, 10:45 PM
I know this sounds rediculous but I've been planning this trip for so long and all I can think about is hoping that nothing goes wrong. What if we get a yucky room, what if I don't like the hotel, what if my BF doesn't like the hotel. This is my first vacation is 7 years. Mostly because I hate to fly and mostly because i never have enough money to spend. Well I finally saved and I'm off in two weeks to the Poly for the first time, but I'm just plain getting nervous. Anyone out there got any tips on how to chill out? (Besides the obvious bottle of wine and a heating pad for my tension aching back). I have sooo been looking forward to this and I really am excited, but it's just the nervous nelly in my creeping out! Help!

DisneyWisher
09-10-2004, 11:26 AM
From what I have read on the this board is people that expect the "perfect" vacation come away disappointed. Everyone knows nothing is ever "perfect". All I can say to you is "Don't sweat the small stuff". If there is a stain in the hallway carpeting, don't freak out:scared1:. If someone is using a mug from another resort, don't care:eek:. If you let the small things bother you, you will not enjoy your vacation.
That being said.

Disney is my favorite vacation destination. I've grown up in FL and have always gone to Disney and have never had a bad time. Going with my ex was not always the best but thats because he hates standing in line and will complain about doing it. A line in a small thing. At least you are on vacation and away from the "real" world. (LOL can you tell I need a vacation, so tried of hurricanes). A 30 min line is nothing. Last week I waited in line for 7 hours to buy plywood for my father's business. Now thats a line and when it was done I didn't come away with my nervous giggle that I get everytime I go on Space Mountain. :faint:

Sit by the pool and enjoy a pina colada or a lapu lapu. Take a deep breath because Hey you are in Disney World.:goodvibes

I know you will love. Have a magical vacation.:cool1:

Shirley

Ivan go away!!!!:cheer2:

airjoe
09-10-2004, 11:32 AM
Well put DisneyWisher.

thatdarncat
09-10-2004, 11:39 AM
See the thing is, this is my first time on the boards. I could care less about mugs and pool hopping and all that stuff. It aggravates people but I don't really notice these things cauz I don't go every year and pay attention. I just found out about these mugs and pool hoppers like when I signed onto the boards. So it's not those things that worry me. It's the darn plane ride, and the other BIG things people can be concerned with. Like what if something happned to my reservation and I get there and they are like "who are you" (LOL) or you know, crazy stuff like that. Those are the things that run through my head. I spent alot of money for this vacation and I hope I don't come across major disasters like that. That's all I'm saying. Call me a worry wart (it wouldn't be the first time!).

EDIT - P.S - Belive me, I FEEL for these people in Florida. I am not forgetting about them. Don't worry, I'm not that selfish to ONLY think about MY vacation.

PooohBear
09-10-2004, 03:49 PM
I know what you mean about worrying about the plane ride! I do that too but I also try to remember the statistics about flying being safer than driving etc.... I think to an extent, we all worry a bit about flying !! As for worrying about your reservations and such, that's easy to remedy as long as you have your confirmations! If you have something to prove you have a reservation, then they will accomidate you !! Just try to relax about it and enjoy just thinking about being there !! :bounce:

thatdarncat
09-10-2004, 03:55 PM
Thank you so much I really appreciate it!! My BF loves to fly. He doesn't know what he's in for! HAHA!

DisneyWisher
09-10-2004, 03:57 PM
Thatdarncat,
I understand I am not a great flyer either. We are barely up in the air before I am looking for a drink. Just 1 it takes the edge off. I've been to Disney probably 10 times in the past 2 years and they have never lost my reservation. Make yourself a check list of the things you have to have (Credit cards, ID, cash, airline tickets, Disney confirmation, etc...). When I receive my disney confirmation after reviewing it I put it in my glovebox in my car. Since I drive I know it will be there when I need it.
Just think when you get there and you are relaxing you will be thinking I worried for nothing. You will have an awesome time.

Everyone be safe and pray for Ivan to lose his strength,
Shirley

EsmeraldaX
09-10-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by thatdarncat
Thank you so much I really appreciate it!! My BF loves to fly. He doesn't know what he's in for! HAHA!

Check this website out www.fearofflying.com

It WILL help. I was the same way before my trip in Feb. :)

I'm on my way out the door right now but I'll make a longer response later, ok. :hug: You'll be fine and you're going to have a great time!!!

thatdarncat
09-10-2004, 04:14 PM
You guys are so nice, my eyes are seriously tearing up right now. I have been agonizing about this! THANK YOU!

cindyfan
09-10-2004, 04:31 PM
You will have a AWESOME vacation!
Just make sure you go with the thought in mind that having a "perfect" vacation doesn't always have to mean "85 degrees, sunny, no lines, no cancelled shows, fast buses, perfectly cooked meals..."
If you have the basics covered......reservation in hand, traveler's checks...or lke we do, pay ahead and that way you only need the room key! :p and essentials like sun block, bathing suit, comfortable shoes. :p Then you will be fine.

Some of the most memerable moments happened when we were faced with what we thought were "problems"......like when a huge storm blew in so fast while we were trying to head over to TOT at MGM. So instead of running through the rain, we headed in to the Who Wants to be a Millionaire for the 3rd time......Well, the 3rd time was a charm bacause I ended up in the "hot seat" and got up to 32,000 pts!!!! One of the most exciting and fun things we did that trip and all because it started to storm!!!!:teeth:
Or when they had to cancel the Tapestry Parade at Epcot because of the wind! Ended up spending more time going throught the different countries and really spent time with the people! My DD met some of the most interesting people and ended up writing a report about it for school and got an "A" on it and it helped boost her grade for the semester. Cool, huh!

So you see......WDW is MAGICAL in so many ways.....that you have to sometimes remember that when one door closes.....look for the open window....or better yet.....look for the door that leads to the Castle!! :teeth:

Have a great time!!! I wish I was going now too....but have to wait til next May.:p

ps....you will LOVE the Poly...it is our favorite. Don't fret about the rooms, etc either....all the buildings are great. The first time we went, we didn't get our request to be near the Cerimonial House, ended up farther away, BUT in a perfect location to see the fireworks from our room! It was an awesome room!:teeth: And very near the TTC so we could hop on the monorail to Epcot in a matter of a few minutes!