PDA

View Full Version : Just Back From Split Stay at CSR and CR

JerseyMom
09-09-2004, 04:57 PM
We just got back on Saturday (ahead of Frances). We were 5 nights at Coronado Springs and 4 nights at the Contemporary. CSR was beautiful and definitely had the better pool of the 2 resorts. Also, the Siesta Bar has great margaritas! It is definitely spread out. However, I did not mind walking from Cabanas 8B in the morning to pick up breakfast from the Pepper Market - I like walking. For anyone who does not like to walk, a vacation at WDW may not be the best choice of a vacation anyway. While we were quite a hike from El Centro, 8B was very convenient otherwise. We were only a few steps from Bus Stop 4 and the Dig site pool was nice and close as well. My biggest gripe is that I found prices at the Pepper Market to be high as were the prices of sodas in the machines ($2.50 each). The Contemporary's food court was less expensive and sodas in the machines were half the price of those at CSR ($1.25 each) although since we bought the refillable mugs (at least at CR), we did not purchase the sodas from the machines. Overall, though, CSR was an excellent value for the money. Once they put in the rumoured fridges, it will be even better. Now if they could only put in queen beds, it would be perfect.

We also really enjoyed the Contemporary. Absolutely loved the convenience of the monorail. We were in a tower room on the 10th floor facing the Magic Kingdom. It was wonderful to be able to watch the fireworks at night from the balcony. We could even hear the music. I have heard people say that staying at the Contemporary is like sleeping in a train station - not true. It was actually very quiet at night. Starting about 7 a.m. or so you could hear them singing "Celebrate, Celebrate, Celebrate with Mickey Mouse." from Chef Mickey's but only if you were already awake. It was never loud enough to wake us up or prevent us from falling back asleep. The most noise we heard was from the room above us. Apparently the parents thought it was perfectly acceptable to allow their children to jump over and over again from the bed to the floor starting at about 6 a.m. Also, the queen beds were wonderful after 5 nights on double beds - DH was in such a better mood the whole time we were in CR as opposed to CSR - a good nights' sleep does wonders for his disposition. Also, we had a fridge in the room and it was great - on the way in from the parks I would pick up the next mornings' breakfast (milk, cereal, juice, and maybe fruit). It was also great to be able to keep a large bottle of water in the fridge as well.

I would definitely stay at either resort again but because of price, I would only stay at CR during value season and with some sort of discount.

Let me know if you have questions. I'd be more than happy to answer them.

:cool:

Mercy
09-09-2004, 05:17 PM
Glad you had great stays! We were at CSR in August and loved this resort! I agree about the great margaritas! We were in Cabana 9B which is right next to El Centro, so our walk was a little shorter. We thought this resort was beautiful, and would encourage anyone who is thinking of staying there to give it a try.

I'm surprised you say things were cheaper at CR, that is interesting.

DISNEMOM
09-09-2004, 05:18 PM
glad to hear you had a nice time-we are staying at csr for the first time 10/14-18/04, cant wait and stayed at cr this past march and loved it!

JerseyMom
09-09-2004, 05:26 PM
Mercy - I've also hear that the prices for foods at the Value resorts are more than the deluxes as well - I have no idea why this would be.

DISNEMOM - I think you're going to love CSR. Definitely a different experience than CR but as I said - very good value for the money. Can't wait to read your review.