PDA

View Full Version : Hot Tubs at Port Orleans

Candleshoe
09-09-2004, 01:28 AM
I'm trying to find out information on hot-tubs (whirlpools / spas / not sure what else they're called!) at the Port Orleans resorts.

We have res. at Pop, and I'm thinking about splitting my stay. By the 3rd of 4th day I really want to soak my old bones in hot bubbly water!

So what's the scoop on these resorts and their hot-tubs?

THANKS!

:sunny:

Sherry

Goofyish
09-09-2004, 03:35 AM
There is a hot tub at POR, next to the main pool on Ol' Man Island :)

MiJo
09-09-2004, 05:28 AM
one of our favorite features of this resort, because it is fairly well secluded from the actual pool area. It's perfect after a long day in the parks. I have a photo of it but I'm not sure how to put it on here.

drgnfly30
09-09-2004, 08:56 AM
I found the "spa" at POR to be quite crowded - it is right next to the main pool & we would have kids consistently jumping in & out. Didn't make for a very relaxing time! However, that being said - I MUST have a hottub whereever I stay at Disney - there is nothing like soaking my aching bones (& feet) after a long day.

HTH
Christine

MiJo
09-09-2004, 06:39 PM
POFQ SPA Photo (http://users.rcn.com/mschooley/port_orleans_french_quarter.htm)

llrain
09-09-2004, 07:06 PM
ya the riverside tub was always crowded when we went to give it a whirl...never even got to go in it..

:(

Candleshoe
09-09-2004, 08:45 PM
Thank you all! I just tried to change over but PoFQ and POR are both full up. CM even tried a few days so I could split the stay. I'm very much looking forward to POP but I know I'm going to want the hot tub. We may be the length of stay pass at the GF spa, but DH reminds me that once I get back to the resort I rarely want to go out.

POP + fridge cost + hot tub fares at another resort will take us to almost the same as a moderate. I guess we could go another moderate too. FQ really looked more our style. DH is a guitarist and I understand there's mustic at FQ. Plus we like biking.

Well! Wish me luck! MiJo thanks for the picture! That does inDEED look wonderful.

Sherry

princess pooh
09-09-2004, 09:50 PM
I thought I was the only one with bad luck with the POR hot tub. One time it was so packed with kids that it was overflowing - it looked like kid soup! Another time two boys were fighting in there and they kept splashing everyone. A few people complained to the lifegaurd but nothing was done :rolleyes: